Legendary Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each land you control.
Equip legendary creature
Equip (Attach this to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery.)
|Have (2)||CompleteWaste , Morpho-peleides|
|Want (3)||dchaffee02 , TrevStar7 , Morpho-peleides|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Blackblade Reforged Discussion
5 days ago
Interesting deck. I would consider adding Cyclonic Rift. It's a nice defense against token decks and can also work wonders when used more offensively. In terms of equipment, I'd consider Blackblade Reforged, Commander's Plate and Godsend as most of these are staples in voltron decks.
I don't really get why you included Rise and Shine. Eighteen of of twenty of the artifacts in here will be equipped to Galea or another critter, pretty soon after having been summoned, right? So what's the point in turning them into creatures themselves? I think you'd be better served swapping this for the earlier mentioned Rift.
Hope this helped. Have fun playing.
1 month ago
I enjoy mono white equipment vultron in edh. I have run many over the years starting from the forged in stone starter edh deck and this deck reminds me I need to update my current brew (balan is at the helm).
Removal. This is gonna be meta dependent you seem kinda light on removal. Another boardwipe might be good only especially is kinda rough. I'd suggest something like Balancing ActOndu Inversion FlipTragic ArroganceDusk / Dawn or a power toughness based wipe that keeps your weenies. (Erase a better demystify)
Suntitan Nahiri, the Lithomancer or other recursion. I know you are trying to play the aggressive game but a long term plan is always good.
Meta dependent but running silence? Much better in1v1 unless you are using it to stop a combo or stop interaction with your combo.
2 months ago
2 months ago
I've been playing monoblack in EDH for a while! So, I have some advice I can offer that I hope will help you out!
Land base: 35 should be enough, consider some utility lands: Maze of Ith Cabal Coffers (get it while it is cheap!) maybe some land destruction like Field of Ruin, Wasteland, Ghost Quarter, Strip Mine, etc. Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx Temple of the False God Cabal Stronghold Castle Locthwain Rogue's Passage
Equipment to boost your general:
Sword of War and Peace, life gain and protection Sword of Light and Shadow, recursion and protection Sword of Hearth and Home, protection, blink your ETB kill a guy creatures, ramp Sword of Feast and Famine, expensive, but super good Lashwrithe: ouch Vorpal Sword: haha double ouch Blackblade Reforged Sword of Truth and Justice Sword of the Animist
I might try to add a few more win cons in your creature base
Ramp and utility suggestions
Bolas's Citadel: super good but can be rough if you aren't gaining a lot of life Caged Sun: super good ramp and works when your opponents tap Skyclave Relic: better than darksteel ingot Tevesh Szat, Doom of Fools: good for draw and blockers Grief: hand control Thought-Knot Seer: hand control Ob Nixilis Reignited: stayed in my chainer deck for a while until Tevesh came along
Grim Tutor and Mastermind's Acquisition over diabolic tutor (depends on you play group if they allow a "wish board," some don't, I run acquisition but may pick up a grim tutor for groups not okay with it)
I might lose some of the instant speed removal for:
Some general removal as monoblack suffers from inability to handle certain types like enchant and artifact:
Tattered Mummy: Not that good, more consistent ways of grinding out damage Skyclave Shade: Bloodghast is better 1x Skeletal Grimace: I get the point, but there are better cards 1x Underworld Dreams: I am iffy on this one, Painful Quandary and Polluted Bonds may be better or good additions to complement it. The entire instant pool save hero's downfall and malicious affliction, there are better killspells Expedition Map: really only useful for setting up tron or land combos Liliana, Waker of the Dead: Liliana Vess works better
The True Meaning of Death and Taxes: this is my chainer death and taxes reanimator list, check it out for suggestions, I have a lot of cards in the maybeboard I have considered and even used at one point that may spark some ideas.
2 months ago
Other Cards that you could consider cutting
- Ondu Giant => Seedguide Ash this card is one more mana expsive and has to die inorder to get the lands, but could be such a good upside. This dieing with your commander reads ramp 3 draw 3 cards and gain 3 life
- Soratami Mirror-Guard I get what you are doing here, but I feel like there are better payoffs for this
- Timbermaw Larva => Rampaging Brontodon trample is 1,000% better on this card
- Wakeroot Elemental 5 greens for a 5/5? way overcosted
- Wave-Wing Elemental again similar argument to Windrider Eel not that big of an impact
- Wild Wanderer good but could have better options
- Aetherflux Reservoir I know this is good in commander but why? No synergy at all, there has to be a better card slot here
- Elixir of Immortality I used to put this in all of my decks too, but it is counter productive to your stragay with cards like Splendid Reclamation and The Mending of Dominaria
- Wayfarer's Bauble There is better ramp than this in green
- I see why you have Jiang Yanggu but I feel like there is stronger cards than that. I cut the card to tutor Journey for the Elixir for him sorry :(
- There are a bunch of other better than Ranger's Path you could add, I'll show them in the recommendations
- Future Sight and Ominous Seas both seem strange here. I get future sight can draw cards, BUT I feel you should use mana sinks rather than off the top of your library draw
- Ghostly Flicker is on thin ice, like yes you have all the etb creatures but sometimes it is a dead card. meh at best?
Other Cards that you could consider adding
This is where the fun begins and your wallet cries
- You want Nissa, Who Shakes the World great card, it is a mana doubler ramp, and also you just win with the ultimate
- I heard you like ramp try Tireless Provisioner and pick up one for me while you are at it please
- Here is a gaint list of green ramp Harrow , Growth Spiral , Explore , Khalni Heart Expedition , Roiling Regrowth , Grow from the Ashes , Urban Evolution , Migration Path , Natural Connection , Nissa's Renewal , Nylea's Intervention , Spring / Mind , Animist's Awakening , Omen of the Hunt
- Keeping your life total at a high level Kazandu Nectarpot , Grazing Gladehart , Retreat to Kazandu , Jaddi Offshoot
- Mana Sinks, you are going to have a lot of mana, might as well do something with it Kamahl's Druidic Vow ummm.... yes? Kefnet the Mindful one of my favorite Gods, that doesn't have a place. I look forward to getting attacked by him Sprout Swarm it is really easy for this card to be "free"
That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more la
2 months ago
Drop Rings of Brighthearth . Most of your abilities are triggered not activated. ("Whenever", "when", "during"). Replace it with something else that works on "triggered" effects or "enters the battlefield".
2 months ago
Hey, here are some changes I might recommend while still staying on a budget. Fist, for a voltron deck I would probably drop the creature count a little bit as 29 is a little high. For this build I would probably eye something around 22-25. Also your land count is very low, I would bring that up to about 36 lands with several ways to search for lands, that will allow you to have plenty of mana and cast the bigger stuff in your deck.
Next, I would cut some cards that seeming underwhelming. Those are: Auriok Edgewright Auriok Bladewarden Fireblade Charger Leonin Relic-Warder , Evra, Halcyon Witness Shimmer Myr Spikeshot Elder , Wayfarer's Bauble ill talk about this one below, Leonin Bola Neglected Heirloom Flip Berserkers' Onslaught . So yeah once you know what to cut, it becomes very easy to make a bunch of additions.
Im not sure if you are married to the $50 budget, most of my suggestions here will be about $1 a piece but here's what I would add. First as mentioned we want better mana production, so you'll want Gift of Estates and Armillary Sphere over wayfarers bauble. In 700 games of commander, I've found that armillary sphere is just better than bauble for many reasons I wont go into right now. Fervent Champion , Sun Titan Kazuul's Toll Collector , 4 basic or flip lands, Flamekin Village Blackblade Reforged . Berserkers Onslaught can be a straight switch for True Conviction . Fleetfeather Sandals . Because your mana production is getting better, you can go just a little bigger on the top end of your deck. I might put 1 or 2 bigger equipments at the top end like Argentum Armor or maybe even a Scytheclaw . I would add Dismantling Wave and a Tome of Legends .
Here's some other very good cards on a budget that I might consider Forging the Tyrite Sword to cheap tutor, Ignite the Future excellent card draw Showdown of the Skalds also great card draw. Theres a whole package of cards you can use with Goblin Welder Goblin Engineer and Daretti, Scrap Savant and if you add those I would add a Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion . Because you have Toralf I might consider a few more red based board wipes like Chain Reaction or Magmaquake but i wouldnt say no to a Fumigate or a Rout either.
Anyway that should give you plenty to think about for now. Enjoy!
2 months ago
I have a few specific things I have thoughts on and I was hoping someone could check my logic. Here are somethings on the "Maybe" list I need a second opinion on.
Blackblade Reforged ---> Heirloom Blade : Blackblade has a higher ceiling, giving me a potential voltron win if I need it, but I only have 6 or 7 legends in the deck including Shalai. Heirloom Blade has a low-cost investment, but late game that +3/+1 might not be enough in a pinch. Is it worth the loss of the high ceiling to save mana?
Finale of Glory ---> Secure the Wastes : Finale of Glory needs a 12 mana investment to really go off, but I think given how much ramp I have it might be possible. Would it be worth it to lose out a bunch of late game beaters in exchange for an army of 1/1's I can drop at the end of my opponent's turn?
Sigarda, Heron's Grace ---> Herald of War : Sigarda is mostly there because it is a financially safe and efficient beater. It's also there because I really like Innistrad. Would it make more sense to cut it in favor of a slightly less powerful, but overall more impactful tribal component?