Creature — Human Cleric
At the beginning of combat on your turn, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.
|Have (2)||CompleteWaste , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Luminarch Aspirant Discussion
1 month ago
2 months ago
Hey blessrain -- Walking Ballista is definitely at it's most fair in this deck but it serves a few cool use cases. It has a unique role in the deck where it can act like Umezawa's Jitte w/ counters and ping off some creatures or act as just a bear that can send a few points of damage at the opponent if it is about to be removed. In both cases it is pretty solid, mono-white can use the extra reach sometimes.
a) Tutor target for both Recruiter of the Guard and Ranger-Captain of Eos , and also Ranger of Eos that is in the maybe board. It's usually the best target for Ranger-Captain if the game is going to go long at all or I have some excess mana that I can feed into the Ballista the next turn. Would likely add Ranger of Eos if I was going into the Heliod combo just to maximize on ways to find Ballista.
b) Can help mana denial strategy. Pinging off x/1 creatures is really helpful when half of the payoffs in this deck involve removing the opponent's resources. Pinging their Noble Hierarch or Birds of Paradise leading into an Armageddon / Wasteland to choke out certain colours or an early 3 drop is exactly what we want to do to maximize our disruption.
c) Goes well with the fast mana draws, whether it is Mana Crypt or City of Traitors , Ancient Tomb , getting an early Ballista against creature decks is great for the reason described above, plus it can be a mana sink later while fitting the curve early.
I've been looking to add more +1/+1 counter synergy as well, both Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit and Luminarch Aspirant are underrated and there are a few other cards I have been looking at too. I think in a slower meta including the Heliod, Sun-Crowned combo is a very valid build, too. Heliod is just a little bit weak on his own but it is a good card to slam early off a fast mana start. Ballista is just a good enough card on its own that I have really embraced playing it in a deck like this!
2 months ago
Some cards to consider:
Pump creatures as you go wide:
3 months ago
Nice to see another Breena player. I think you could stand to bring your creature count down to make room for more utility cards, namely draw and removal. Slow cards that require you to tap or pay good chunks of mana for their effects, or inefficient cards that only benefit themselves, one other creature, or are dependent on your opponent doing something, should be the first to go. Cards that have to wait a whole cycle of turns to do anything (i.e "At the beginning of your upkeep" cards) also aren't that great imo.
Bellowing Aegisaur Blightbeetle Bold Plagiarist Dark Impostor sus Fain, the Broker High Sentinels of Arashin Luminarch Aspirant Star Pupil Yahenni, Undying Partisan Utter End Vanishing Verse Citadel Siege Gleam of Authority
I'd consider these to be the worst cards in your deck and easily replaceable for some utility or cards that directly feed into your strategy, which is going wide with tokens and being able to place counters on all of them at once. If a creature only does benefit itself, it should have some kind of pay off for leaving the field since a card like that is likely to get removed once it gets big enough. Bloodtracker is a good example of this, as is Myriad Construct .
3 months ago
Some Creatures changes I end up adding: Yawgmoth, Thran Physician , Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit , Elenda, the Dusk Rose and Luminarch Aspirant . Also changed Citadel Siege for Felidar Retreat as it can give me tokens to sac and more counters not just 2
Doubts with: Custodi Soulbinders as it can give me a lot of tokens but I have to be set up already with my tokens or wait for oponents to set up their own table. I think I can swap it for something more usefull. Scheming Symmetry maybe I can get Profane Tutor until I have a more solid tutor.
3 months ago
Hey there! I have a few suggestions that may be useful to you.
- Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit (puts counters on everything that enters)
- Yawgmoth, Thran Physician (he can allow you to get creature dies triggers, put counters on creatures, and even proliferate the counters)
- Anointed Procession (more tokens)
- Carrion Feeder (a sac outlet to get triggers off of Felisa when you want the tokens, and in response puts counters so you can eventually sac it.)
- Elenda, the Dusk Rose (holy crap the synergy puts counters whenever things die which is often for the Felisa triggers, and eventually can die itself to put out an insane amount of tokens from its ability and Felisa's)
- Ob Nixilis, the Fallen (will generate a ton of tokens for when it dies)
- Ashnod's Altar / Phyrexian Altar : Mana generating sac outlets so you can have Felisa triggers and get mana off of them)
- Cordial Vampire (there are quite a few vampires in the deck and this can allow this creature and other vampires benefit off of when your stuff dies which will be often for Felisa triggers, and by benefit I mean put even more counters to continue the process)
- Dragonscale General (you run a ton of creatures and this can take that and put a ton of counters on everything because of it)
- Gleam of Authority (since you'll be putting a ton of counters on things this can make a huge creature and also give other creatures more counters if necessary). High Sentinels of Arashin is sort of similar.
- Light of the Legion (fun card to use, helps put counters and even puts more when you kill it for tokens)
- Luminarch Aspirant (easy and quick way to get some recurring counters every turn)
There might be some more (I was sifting through the gatherer with a few parameters and found the stuff above, maybe you can find some too! If you want to pick up where I left off, I stopped around halfway through page 2 where Luminarch Aspirant is. Anyway though, hope this helps, be sure to check out some of my decks and drop an upvote if you like them, good luck on your deck, and have a great day! Cheers!
3 months ago
I love that you want to play Luminarch Aspirant , the card is strong on its own, the main reason I played it was for Shatterskull Charger , was my Timmy card from Zendikar Rising. Glad you are excited about the wwarsinger, please let me know how it works out for you, I love it as well :)
4 months ago
Sorin_Markov_1947 it's really more of an aggro midrange, most games I'm swinging for game by turn 4-5, but when going against control the midrange aspect kicks in and fairs a lot better and considering how much control is in the meta right now it does really well again plumb is mainly just for pest even two copies cast before show of confidence and you get two copies of it and 4 mage craft triggers.
I'm aware of mono white and I may take out the sparring regimen for Luminarch Aspirant just don't have the wildcards to craft him. But I like when I get a few creatures out or killian in the first couple turns then turn for drop sparing Regimen grab expanded anatomy cast it for one, trigger some mage craft and swing. And fracture was put in for plains walkers and things like bashing light.
I also know with aggro you shouldn't really want a board wipe. But when you have someone blowing up or countering all your creatures till they build a commanding board presence you can just wipe it all and start with a clean slate. Traditionally your right this isn't an "aggro" deck but in the current meta it can swing hard and fast or bide time till you can make something happen but I appreciate the feed back! I may add Seasoned Hallowblade to help toss things I won't need against the deck I'm against and keep a creature on the board