|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Heroes vs. Monsters||Uncommon|
|Planechase 2012 Edition||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Skarrg, the Rage Pits
: Add to your mana pool.
, Tap: Target creature gets +1/+1 and gains trample until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Skarrg, the Rage Pits Discussion
2 weeks ago
I just started putting together an Uril deck myself and your own build has been more than a little bit helpful. ;)
A few suggestions I'd offer if I can! I'm trying to keep my suggestions both cheap and in the theme here.
Mage Slayer. Perfect card for a Gruul or Naya Voltron. Spirit Mantle. Cheap and more protection from creatures if you need backup.Kessig Wolf Run. Cheap and right up Uril's alley.Skarrg, the Rage Pits. Also perfect land for Uril.Crystal Chimes Not as good as Retether, but still a good backup.Shielded by Faith. Indestructibility you can switch between creatures.Relentless Assault Will usually be the death of an opponent if you managed to get through with Uril the first time that turn.
Also, Uril reminds me of the monster from Skifree... Might make an alt art version of him for the lols. :)
2 months ago
MassiveZelly: Thanks a lot for your upvote as well as for your comment! I've playtested this deck a few times and it wasn't slow, it just depends from your starting hand cards-luck. To your second concern because of the airborne blocker, you are totally right dude. For this reason I thought about Artful Dodge, Skarrg, the Rage Pits or Rogue's Passage. Problem is: each of these cards has their own weaknesses.
2 months ago
Welcome on T/O!
I am always willing to help new and established deckbuilders evolve and finetune their decks. The community on here is great and advise on your decks is never far away.
I looked at your list and I came up with the following suggestions you might want to consider:
- Rishkar's Expertise
- Skarrg, the Rage Pits
- Temple of Abandon
- Kodama's Reach
- Nylea, God of the Hunt
- Beast Within
If you need more help on this deck or any other Commnader project, then give me a headsup on my wall :) Just click my name and post something on there.
It is always great to recieve an upvote on my favourite deck, which you can see here. Just click the 'Upvote' button on the left if you like what you see. It is always a great thing to recieve.
Enjoy the game!
2 months ago
Thanks for all the feedback. These are really good suggestions and I'm incorporating them into the deck...
- I'll add in all the lands you suggest. I'm taking out mountains, and I am also taking out mountains for dual producing lands to mitigate the hit on my green mana. This makes some of my ramp spells less usefull.
- Earthcraft is insane and is going straight into the deck. I don't want to go infinite in this deck, so I'll pass on the Squirrel Nest (at least for now).
- I have a preference towards not playing Craterhoof Behemoth, but it is a great addition to the deck.
- I'll have to think about Eldrazi Monument. It would have to push out one of my other anthems, and I'm not sure I want to do that.
- Awakening Zone and From Beyond fits the deck very nicely. I'll replace Skyshroud Claim and Chancellor of the Forge for those. Better curve, better ramp, and more creatures.
- Ivy Lane Denizen is a pretty nice combo with Ulasht, but is also quite usefull with the doublers and the theme. He'll get a spot.
- I should probably just build an Marath, Will of the Wild deck, just to compare before I purchase ;)
- Mountain --> Fire-Lit Thicket. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Command Tower. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Mossfire Valley. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Skarrg, the Rage Pits. More trample for Ulasht
- Mountain --> Khalni Garden. Extra token
- Mountain --> Dryad Arbor. Counts as a creature for Ulasht
- Mountain --> Opal Palace. Makes Ulasht stronger later on
- Hornet Nest --> Earthcraft. Mana tricks for the win
- Chancellor of the Forge --> Ivy Lane Denizen
- Skyshroud Claim --> From Beyond. More allround for my needs (tokens and mana)
- Verdant Force --> Awakening Zone. More allorund for this deck (tokens and mana)
Cheers, and thanks again :)
3 months ago
Hey man just taking a look over this deck since its about my favorite commander :) A few recommendations when it comes to lands, Skarrg, the Rage Pits is one that I recommend since you look to be wanting to do a little more voltron with Ulasht and giving him another way to gain trample is never a bad thing. Opal Palace is a hidden gem that I personally love in my Ulasht deck since I find myself killing him off a few times to make tokens and to just have him come back that much more beefy is such value. Khalni Garden makes a dude and dudes are value in this deck! Dryad Arbor Idk about budget but this land is a dude and a land that is just nuts for this deck. That is all the cards I will litter your comment section with. If you have any thoughts or need suggestions check out my deck Army of Mushrooms and Friends on Mushrooms. Enjoy :)
3 months ago
People have already done a fine job of suggesting creatures (personally, I run all value-driven dudes in Gruul), so I'll reccomend some lands instead. Skarrg, the Rage Pits is essentially a free spell to grant trample, and Rogue's Passage likewise can get your guys through; ordinarily, I'm not too big on the card, but it could do some work here. Spinerock Knoll should be easy to trigger (heck- it doesn't even have to be you doing the damage), and Yavimaya Hollow is an oft-overlooked means of saving a key fatty. Being only two colors, and having access to great ramp like Skyshroud Claim, Hunting Wilds, and Ranger's Path you could cut some of your lesser dual lands for basics; and by increasing your mountain count can run Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle (kills an opponent with Boundless Realms). Lastly, as you run some fat-astic monsters, a Homeward Path is a reasonable concession to the blue decks running about. Cheers and God bless. -McDeity
3 months ago
Some suggestions from my Surrak deck Bloody Russian Dragons:
Hope some of these suggestions interest you. Good luck, Surrak is a lot of fun.
7 months ago
After playing my Sigarda, Host of Herons deck this past week in the weekly EDH league, I found myself wishing I had better utility lands to fetch with cards like Knight of the Reliquary and Sylvan Scrying. It dawned on me that many of these lands (namely Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion, Skarrg, the Rage Pits, and Kessig Wolf Run) are in Uril, the Miststalker's colors. He obviously plays in a similar fashion to Sigarda, Host of Herons, but forgoes some of the protection she provides.
With this in mind, I would like to know the which general you believe to be the better option?
As a side note...Clearly some of this is meta-dependent (i.e. how prominent are sac effects in "X" meta?), but if you were to say which one you would generally prefer to have, which would it be? Do you believe the power and colors Uril, the Miststalker grants is worth losing the protection and initial evasion Sigarda, Host of Herons gives?