Swiftwater Cliffs enters the battlefield tapped.
When Swiftwater Cliffs enters the battlefield, you gain 1 life.
: Gain or .
|Have (2)||gildan_bladeborn , Smokingclays|
|Want (3)||bloodmoonhowler , MisterFamous , Jmhilo|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster: Store Edition (MYSTOR)||Common|
|Mystery Booster: Convention Edition (MYSCON)||Common|
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Common|
|Core Set 2020 (M20)||Basic land|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Inventors (DDU)||None|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Mind vs. Might (DDS)||Common|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Common|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Fate Reforged (FRF)||Basic land|
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Swiftwater Cliffs occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%
UR (Izzet): 1.51%
UBR (Grixis): 0.59%
Swiftwater Cliffs Discussion
Anacksunamoon on My1
1 month ago
1 month ago
Boza: Again, you've got a very solid deck here, already. I'm only gonna have some experimental options for you, but you might like some of them. =)
I was going to suggest trying an Owl (Augury Owl/Spire Owl) instead of the Augur of Bolas, but, idk. The AoB digs just as deep and puts something in your hand. The Owls would dig into the top of your deck and help set it up for combos with Erratic Explosion. It comes down to seeing what you need more of in the deck. How does the deck run? Does the deck have a specific weakness it needs improving?
Beyond that, I only suggest that you replace the Guildgates with the lifeland, Swiftwater Cliffs, because they both enter tapped, and gaining one life is better than not gaining one life.
3 months ago
- Avarice Amulet > Folio of Fancies (Just a better card in this slot, cheaper cmc and will do more for you overall)
- Seer's Lantern > Mind Stone (Cheaper cmc mana rock)
- Rakdos Locket > Rakdos Signet
- Izzet Locket > Izzet Signet
- Dimir Locket > Dimir Signet (Signets are just much, much better)
- Cursed Rack > Mountain (Cursed Rack is just average and very narrow in your deck)
- Sulfur Falls > Swiftwater Cliffs (Slight downgrade but saves $3.00 USD)
- Canyon Slough > Rakdos Guildgate (Saves cash, Canyon Slough enters tapped just the same, the reason this costs more $$ is because it has Swamp and Mountain in its land type, rare for non-basic lands, it means it can be fetched by fetch-lands like Bloodstained Mire )
- Revolutionary Rebuff > Arcane Denial (Counters any spell and adds some draw for you and opponent, which likely means 2 more damage for them too, an added bonus)
- Manalith > Wayfarer's Bauble (Manalith is pretty average at 3cmc, land-ramp with the Bauble is better in this case)
- Rakdos Cluestone > Star Compass
5 months ago
Niv-Mizzet, Parun can definitely win games all by himself, but much easier when you build around him.
Your deck needs a focus is what I've been trying to say. Find out exactly what you want it to do, that usually makes it easier to brew. Right now it is an Izzet deck with some control elements, aggro elements, some card draw + synergies and several different build-arounds that may not all fit in the same shell.
Chemister's Insight is great for drawing cards, if that's part of the plan.
Instead of taking out strong gold cards, I think you should just cut Lotus Field :
- They add nothing to the deck in terms of ramp or fixing.
- It can't be played until you have two other lands in play to sac, meaning it makes some of your opening hands more awkward.
- It enters tapped. I'd play Swiftwater Cliffs instead then, but probably rather just basic untapped lands.
5 months ago
I think it's plausible. Lotus Field is the right choice for this deck IMO, as it allows you to change the mana symbols you're getting. I think only playtesting will show if that strategy will work.
If you don't mind, I'll critique other parts of the deck. Swiftwater Cliffs needs to come out for Steam Vents (preferably four of it) since this deck doesn't really care about gaining one life. Castle Vantress and/or Mystic Sanctuary might also have a home in this deck. Hypnotic Sprite is underpowered in both halves. If you want a counterspell, go with a good counterspell. If you want a creature, get a creature. Also, when you playtest, view Queen of Ice with a skeptical eye. I'm not convinced it needs to be taken out, but if you need to shrink the deck she's a good candidate.
Improbable Alliance seems to be a good fit here, as does Irencrag Pyromancer . Electrodominance works well, since it allows you to play an additional spell from your hand (essentially making it a two-for-one). Faerie Vandal might go well here.
Please correct me if I've misunderstood the purpose of the deck, because it seems you aren't maximizing the potential of the extra cards and instant/sorcery benefits.
6 months ago
Lastly, if my first suggestion for adding mana rocks is taken, you should be able to reduce your land count to ~39 and add more cards in their place. These are my suggestions for those swaps: Crypt of the Eternals < Toxic Deluge , Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth < Swiftwater Cliffs < Clever Impersonator , Highland Lake < Negate
6 months ago
I think you have too many shocklands. For the non-budget version, you'd want 8 of those to be fetchlands, and only about 4 shocklands.
Since budget is a concern, consider other lands, like Dragonskull Summit , Foreboding Ruins , Swiftwater Cliffs , Spirebluff Canal , just for an example of other land cycles that'll be easier on your life total.
6 months ago
Switch out the guildgates for a better land cycle, even the Swiftwater Cliffs would be better