|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||None|
|Conspiracy (CNS)||Mythic Rare|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Hydra
Whenever Hydra Omnivore deals combat damage to an opponent, it deals that much damage to each other opponent.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||Kvothe1115 , Ellyreia , Clawsun73 , gildan_bladeborn , sonnet666 , AlucardZain , Suns_Champion , Kleptozaniac , Doom_of_Valyria , MagnaAura|
|Want (12)||oryandaw , xpsychovampx , Snydog17 , gusk001 , KingCold999 , roastchicken , JuiceboxHero , Loading_Error , bigblue32123 , eleventhend , pmpott , miked49er|
Hydra Omnivore Discussion
5 days ago
This deck is definutely scary. Have you considered putting Blood Sun into this deck? Obliterate could screw a lot of people over. You're playing Armageddon so why not go all out? Sacred Ground will permit you to play your lands from the grave too. Diabolic Tutor is a classic for tutoring. Wave of Vitriol and The Great Aurora are decent boardwipes in green. Polukranos, World Eater is a boardwipe on a stick. Hydra Omnivore could also be worthy of consideration: it attacks all opponents if it deals combat damage.
I hope these suggestions helped!
2 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
1) I had Scourge of the Throne in the deck, but would notice a couple problems. It says "for the first time each turn" which makes it sort of redundant or void if someone were to want to go infinite with it instead. I did play it instead of Hellkite Charger, but figured that Bear Umbra would help it go infinite should I have the mana open or hope it would survive until the next turn. Many people don't consider Hellkite Charger and Bear Umbra anyway. Secondly, I have had moments where, believe it or not, I had the highest life total of the table despite the Mana Vault, Mana Crypt and Sylvan Library, etc...
2) While I can appreciate the hexproof on Siege Behemoth, I don't actually have much problems in regards to single spot removal in my meta as much as I tend to deal with boardwipes and just straight up counters. Also, the cost of 7 mana is not really what I am looking for to deal 14 damage when I am looking for ways to kill at that point. I have focused more on trample as the main method to get damage through in the deck.
3) Traverse the Outlands would seem astounding in my deck until I noticed that my deck's curve just isn't that high. Cards like Malignus, Putrefax, Phyrexian Juggernaut, and Hydra Omnivore are already lower costing creatures for EDH/Commander that are made to kill with Xenagos, God of Revels and they merely cost 5 or 6.
4) Kessig Wolf Run is in there, because how could I not? The missing keyword on the general is clearly trample, so it is necessary to get the damage through.
5) I might consider Garruk, Primal Hunter again. I had taken it out because I did have higher costing green creatures like Avenger of Zendikar, Craterhoof Behemoth and Worldspine Wurm. Those high-costing green creatures had since been taken out for more ways to cheat creatures into play like Survival of the Fittest, Sneak Attack, Fauna Shaman and Elvish Piper
6) I have a relatively high land count in part for consistency. I want to be able to get to 5 as quick as possible but still as reliably as possible, even if I don't have the greatest of opening hands. I also have a lot of ramp that relies on having plenty of land in the hand as well, so the relatively higher amount of land does matter when I am playing Lotus Cobra, Oracle of Mul Daya, Burgeoning, Exploration and Mina and Denn, Wildborn
1 month ago
I'd make the following swaps:
You also have way too little lands. With the mana dorks and mana rocks you have I'd recommend at least 35 - 36 lands.
2 months ago
Hydras are gonna need trample so that they aren't chump blocked. Nylea, God of the Hunt and Brawn are good for that. I also have a Savageborn Hydra and Apocalypse Hydra for you. Hydra Omnivore Is probably a must. We should look into things that interact well with counters. Doubling Season Is the high end of this. Rosheen Meanderer Or Xenagos, God of Revels would probably be a better commander so you can have access to red. That will give you access to things like Mina and Denn, Wildborn and Clan Defiance as well as Neheb, the Eternal and Decimate and Signal the Clans. Hindervines and Archetype of Endurance can help protect your creatures. The only other thing I would really change is to give yourself ways to deal with fliers! I have a lot of those cards. Looks good man! I'm excited for it to be done.
2 months ago
These would fit in nicely:
3 months ago
Very nice, I love green red decks. Have you considered Hydra Omnivore?
3 months ago
Good news: I play what I want, too. Moving on.
One thing I see is that you have to many Hydras and not enough mana. I would recommend loosing Primordial Hydra, bring Polukranos, World Eater down to 1 copy, and not use Rishkar, Peema Renegade. You wouldn't want to be tapping huge Hydras for a piece. Consider going with a Elf mana core like Mystic elf, Elvish Archdruid and Priest of Titania. Switch out the 4xTreetop Village for 2xNykthos, Shrine to Nyx and 2xRogue's Passage. Also Genesis Wave (and Genesis Hydra)!