|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Choose two —
- Prevent all damage target instant or sorcery spell would deal this turn.
- Target player sacrifices an enchantment.
- Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
- Target creature you control fights target creature you don't control.
Dromoka's Command Discussion
6 days ago
This list is pretty close to the traditional 'little kid green/white' lists from a long while back, but it will need some tinkering and a clearer gameplan.
There are a bunch of options; Bant Sureblade , Dromoka's Command , Dryad Militant , Emmara, Soul of the Accord , Gaddock Teeg , Huatli's Raptor , Naya Hushblade , Oath of Ajani , Qasali Pridemage , Gnarlwood Dryad , etc.
In particular though, Pelt Collector is another four experiment one, which lets you drop your curve lower to the floor and run Dryad Militant . Qasali Pridemage is an answer to bridge, which is practically mandatory in this meta. Gnarlwood's deathtouch helps answer the wealth of 'huge creature turn two' decks out there.
If you aren't running removal, this means you are always racing your opponent, so you should look at your clocks and try to win as fast as possible- modern is full of both combo and aggro decks structured like this. Traditionally naya for Wild Nacatl Loam Lion and Kird Ape is the thing, but going to three colours on a budget manabase is tricky- especially if you want to go fast.
More midrange strategies with budget mana tends to be more relaiable- Keep your turn 1-2-3 plays in one colour and accelerate into a duel colour 5 drop. Great 5 drops like Thragtusk are cheap. 'Get bigger' creatures like Warden of the First Tree and Hexdrinker are readily available, and cards like Oust or Oblivion Ring fix a lot of problems. Birds of Paradise has gotten expensive over the years- for pristine playsets. Check the damaged lists out there- there are a lot of cheap copies in circulation.
3 months ago
Esbilon is right, 19 lands is not enough, especially with the curve you have. The only time I would play 19 lands is with Burn or Infect. I'd suggest 21 lands. Splashing green might be an interesting prospect. you get access to mana dorks to help with your curve, Birds of Paradise or Noble Hierarch would be best but Avacyn's Pilgrim is a good budget option. You would also be able to play Tireless Tracker for would help you with card draw and Collected Company to get your humans out. Harmonize , Dromoka's Command , and Hardened Scales all work pretty well with humans. And Heroic Intervention and Blossoming Defense give you protection. You would also get access to Sigarda, Host of Herons and Sigarda, Heron's Grace if you need a way to protect against control.
3 months ago
Hey there - thank you for helping out! How about this:
Sigarda, Heron's Grace
Expansion / Explosion
Momir Vig, Simic Visionary - this is FTV foil, so let me know if that's not what you were looking for
and Drowned Catacomb (XLN)
for $11.50? I knocked a few bucks off of TCGMarket price for each, and gave you a good price on Catacomb because I have so many. I can ship it today PWE, or if you want to pay $3 for tracked I'll do that. My PayPal is [email protected] Let me know!
3 months ago
While I usually play with faster cost-effective setups I did tested a lot with something like this list, let me give you my impressions.
First, if you can find more copies of these cards you should run 4 of Qasali Pridemage , Loxodon Smiter , Wilt-Leaf Liege , Fleecemane Lion . These are the core cards that win the game, should max them out.
Second, you definietly want more creatures total. About 28-30 is nice and consistent, any fewer and you won't be able to keep a decent fighting force on the field. Add cheap common creatures like Llanowar Elves and 2 more Steward of Valeron to gain mana faster. Maybe a few heavy hitters like 1 more Oversoul of Dusk or Wolfir Silverheart . Or if you can find some of these Kitchen Finks Knight of Autumn Wilt-Leaf Cavaliers .
Third, too many basic lands. With that many same color sources it will be harder to cast the multicolored spells. Many games live or die by the stability of the mana base. The obvious but very pricey choice is Windswept Heath wich is nice with Knight of the Reliquary , or Temple Garden . Cheaper alternatives are Sunpetal Grove and Canopy Vista , cheapest is Selesnya Guildgate . Whatever you pick, you need more color stability.
2 more Dromoka's Command would be nice too, filling the removal/defense slot. Shapers' Sanctuary will often be a dead card if you opponent doesn't target your creatures, you could replace it with 2 more Shield of the Oversoul .
You don't need to go big money to make a nice Selesnya Midrange get competitive.
4 months ago
This is a brainstorm thread as I don't have a deck list, rather I wanted to float the idea around and gauge the reactions and suggestions to this potential deck concept. That concept being lockdown control with Mogis, God of Slaughter as the win condition.
Why Mogis, God of Slaughter? We won't be giving Mogis any devotion so he'll be an indestructible enchantment which is near impossible to remove in the Modern environment. Because he can stick on the field and has the capability to consistently deal non-targeted damage we're likely going to be focused on using all other cards in our deck to drag out the game as long as possible if not indefinitely. This way Mogis will eventually deal 20 damage to our opponent and there's nothing they can do about it.
1-2-3 ~ Dies to Me: As you can presume the rest of the deck will consist entirely of removal. As it stands Mogis can only deal damage if our opponent doesn't have any creatures to sacrifice and our opponent will try to win by using creatures to attack us. Therefore the more creatures we can remove the longer we live and the easier our opponent loses. Lightning Bolt won't be good enough as our removal package must be able to remove any kind of creature, so exile effects, sacrifice effects, and boardwipe effects are crucial for always keeping the battlefield clear. Other cards to consider: Declaration in Stone , Crackling Doom , Dreadbore , To the Slaughter .
Lands? Other than color-fixing this deck will want to run a full play set of Cavern of Souls as it will make Mogis, God of Slaughter unable to be countered which is helpful against blue control decks.
Bad Match-Ups and Deck Weaknesses? All deck archetypes have bad match-ups, and this deck concept is far from perfect either. While most decks will lack the resources needed to answer this deck other ones can still bypass this strategy easily. Burn is a hyper aggressive deck and even if we remove all their creature threats swiftly, their array of burn spells will eventually out-damage our Mogis. Tron is another problem for different reasons as cards like Karn Liberated , Ugin, the Spirit Dragon and All Is Dust can all remove Mogis, God of Slaughter easily which can result in a long stalemate between the two decks due to our abundant removal. Lastly non-creature combo decks like Scapeshift and/or Ad Nauseam are mostly unfazed by our onslaught of creature/planeswalker removal spells and just like the burn deck they will be able to out-race us with little to no problem as well.
Sideboard and Answers: While sideboards are to be tailored to any given player's meta the above cards listed might help when dealing with the earlier described bad match-ups. For Collective Brutality all modes are relevant when dealing with burn and it can help remove cards like All Is Dust or Scapeshift . Leyline of Sanctity is probably the best card you can use against burn decks while also protecting Mogis, God of Slaughter from being removed by Thoughtseize or Dromoka's Command . Lost Legacy can also remove key cards from problem decks like Ugin, the Spirit Dragon or Scapeshift which can give a very considerable edge when playing up against them.
So what do you think? As mentioned before this post is to brainstorm ideas and create a discussion on the viability of this strategy. If you were to homebrew this deck what cards would you include in it? Would you use blue or green instead of white or leave it as just black and red? Would a deck like this thrive in your local meta or would it fail horribly? Have you ever made a deck that has played similar to this one? I'd like to hear from you about it.
4 months ago
I would suggest dropping Silence for a playset of Path to Exile . You could also look at Dromoka's Command instead of Prey Upon . Heroic Intervention / Blossoming Defense could offer gc good protection. If would put one of those in instead of Make a Stand . Collected Company Is always a win in these kind of decks. Not sure what you would take out tho.
Even though this is probably bylbyiluilt with cards you have, I'd a card is a placeholder for something while you obtain it, it is better just to put in the card you want into the Tappedout deck. It makes it easier for people to give yu you advice.
4 months ago
Any deck like this has to have Path to Exile
I know that they aren't allies, but you could consider Champion of the Parish and Thalia's Lieutenant seeing as how most of you allies are humans. You could use Tireless Tracker if you needed some card draw as well. Harmonize would work as well.
In a deck like this I like Dromoka's Command just because of the sheer versatility it gives me.
I have a deck similar to this: Thalia's Horde of Humans. It uses +1/+1 Counters just like this deck, except it uses Human synergies as apposed to ally synergies. There are a bunch of cards mentioned in the comments that might help you. If you need another perspective, I'd suggest going to OOBS. He has probably the most popular humans deck I've seen on TappedOut.
Here's a link to it: Path of the Champion
4 months ago
First thing that stands out is that your mana-curve isn't low enough to the ground. Modern is an extremely fast format and the majority of your threats are in the 4+ range for converted mana cost. Bringing in white will open up some early threats while also giving you some low cost removal.
- Relentless Raptor - 2 cost for three power, sure it has to attack each combat but it also has vigilance which allows it to still be on defense while doing so.
- Sky Terror - Flying 2/2 for 2 and menace to boot making it an effective attacker that will evade a large amount of creatures.
- More Frilled Deathspitter ! - This guy is just fun, sure he's only a 3/2 for 3, but if he doesn't get through he at least shocks the opponent to the face.
- Kinjalli's Sunwing - If you've got this in the mainboard of sideboard it's good either way, it definitely shines more against aggressive matches due to the tap ability, but having flying makes this thing a decent attacker.
- More Rampaging Ferocidon - This is going to hurt opponents that want to swarm the board, but definitely something you sub out against control unless they are running life-gain to get out of your reach.
- Wayward Swordtooth - Sure he can't attack until you get the city's blessing, but if you have 2-3 of these in your deck and are happy with just being able to drop the double land he'll serve you well.
- Runic Armasaur - Love this guy. He's got a fat butt on him to stop from being bolted off the field and with the number of activated abilities in modern you'll have a full grip nearly all the time. Keep in mind that fetch lands will trigger this dude.
- Regisaur Alpha - Having 2 of these on your higher curve is a nice boon. He brings 7 power and toughness as well as haste.
- Carnage Tyrant - Control players, eat your heart out. Can't be countered, trample, hexproof. 2-3 of these on your top end will be your beaters.
- Ghalta, Primal Hunger - 1-2 of this guy is all you need. He'll eat removal in some form most of the time, but if an opponent allows a 12/12 trampler to go unanswered, he'll hit HARD.
Some nice buffs:
- Blossoming Defense - Protection in the form of hexproof as well as a +2/+2 buff at instant speed.
- Groundswell - More often then not this is just a straight +4/+4 at instant speed.
- Vines of Vastwood - This is what happens when you combine the above two cards into one.
- Lightning Bolt - Kills a lot in the format, there is a reason the saying "dies to bolt" exists.
- Path to Exile - Big threat? No problem.
- Dromoka's Command - Putting this here as it will often help you remove something. Good all round card.
Dromoka's Command occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.04%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%