|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Wave of Vitriol
Each player sacrifices all artifacts, enchantments, and nonbasic lands he or she controls. For each land sacrificed this way, its controller may search his or her library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. Then each player who searched his or her library this way shuffles it.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||ironax , Riku580 , acbooster , thetechzombie , Reliva , duff87 , Epidilius , mziter501 , Va1mar , Cazaz0816 , Loading_Error|
|Want (9)||Xanderin , Exiled_soul , theilluminaire , kovellen , RPG_FOX , zenroc , Killerclan117 , harbinger1221 , AntiheroFOREVER|
Wave of Vitriol Discussion
3 days ago
Thanks for the suggestions Mannface! I'm glad you like my deck.
I have Torment of Hailfire in maybeboard. I believe it would perform well in the deck but I don't think that the deck needs more big finishers right now. I may swap it for another finisher (maybe Wave of Vitriol? as it isn't exactly cheap to cast and doesn't get rid of any blockers) at some point in the future though.
I haven't originally included Merciless Executioner and Fleshbag Marauder in the deck because they underperform in comparison to some of the other sacrifice effects (like Smallpox, which provides twice the sac-triggers for 1 less mana). However, I am lately realizing the added value of the creature to sac to its own effect, which makes it noticeably easier to cast when I don't have an estabilished board of tokens yet. I will try to find some space in the deck to test them out.
6 days ago
This deck is definutely scary. Have you considered putting Blood Sun into this deck? Obliterate could screw a lot of people over. You're playing Armageddon so why not go all out? Sacred Ground will permit you to play your lands from the grave too. Diabolic Tutor is a classic for tutoring. Wave of Vitriol and The Great Aurora are decent boardwipes in green. Polukranos, World Eater is a boardwipe on a stick. Hydra Omnivore could also be worthy of consideration: it attacks all opponents if it deals combat damage.
I hope these suggestions helped!
2 weeks ago
- Dosan the Falling Leaf - prevents casting on other player's turns
- Gaea's Herald - creatures can't be countered
- Leyline of Lifeforce - creature's can't be countered
- Price of Glory - destroy all lands tapped on other player's turns
- War's Toll - inhibits control strategies
- Choke - islands don't untap
- Autumn's Veil - practically protection from blue and black for one turn for all creatures
- Hammer Mage - artifact boardwipe every turn
- Viashino Heretic - targeted artifact removal every turn
- Molder Slug - hurts them more than it hurts you
- Vandalblast - a staple and for good reason
- Wave of Vitriol - kills all artifacts, and enchantments for good measure. Also ramps mana
- Arbor Colossus - large body with reach that can kill a flier
2 weeks ago
Sorry for the double post, but some not-so-good-but-funny options are cards like Akki Blizzard-Herder, Custody Battle, Hurloon Shaman, and Shivan Wumpus. That way you can say to your opponents: "well you chose to destroy your own lands".
3 weeks ago
- Back to Nature (all: enchantments)
- Calming Verse (opponent's/all: enchantments)
- Creeping Corrosion (all: artifacts)
- Essence Filter (all/nonwhite: enchantments)
- Hush (all: enchantments)
- Multani's Decree (all: enchantments)
- Primeval Light (single player: enchantments)
- Seeds of Innocence (all: artifacts)
- Serene Heart (all: auras)
- Tranquil Domain (all: non-auras)
- Tranquil Grove (all: enchantments)
- Tranquil Path (all: enchantments)
- Tranquility (all: enchantments)
- Wave of Vitriol (all: artifacts, enchantments, nonbasic lands)
2 months ago
The land destruction spells such as Destructive Force, Keldon Firebombers, Price of Glory, Rite of Ruin, Thoughts of Ruin, Wave of Vitriol and Wildfire, hits all players, including myself. So yes, they do find their way to the graveyard and even a Scapeshift will do the trick. I then will cast spells like Crucible of Worlds, Life from the Loam, Ramunap Excavator, Seasons Past, Splendid Reclamation and/or World Shaper to recur them from the graveyard. Titania, Protector of Argoth really reaps the rewards from land destruction and Omnath, Locus of Rage benefits when they come back into play. It’s a very fun deck to play, but my friends will say otherwise.
2 months ago
Thanks for the suggestions usaDiabetic. I'm not sure how good Wave of Vitriol would be in my deck, but the other ones do seem like they would be really good includes. The only problem is that I don't know what to take out for them, any ideas?
2 months ago
Crop Rotation is a land tutor/Landfall/Titania trigger.
Just a handful of suggestions for ya. I love Omnath, deck looks good so far.