|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Timber Gorge enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add or to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||bakeraj4 , Xue-Kaihua , Unjust_DiabIo , Atroxreaper , machiavelli2081 , Doom_of_Valyria , Totally_A_Spy , ZombieSam , Sprx101 , BrenBrix , PTsmitty|
Timber Gorge Discussion
4 days ago
Have you considered Invigorated Rampage . Hashep Oasis is only around $2 now so I think it goes fine in a budget build. Also there are some budget dual lands like Timber Gorge that really won't cost too much at all and I think you should put in just to make the deck more consistent.
2 weeks ago
Timber Gorge is not part of Ixalan Block Constructed, but is part of current MTG Arena
1 month ago
Hey, very nice for a budget under $100 Standard deck.
I have a few suggestions:
I see the strategy is ramp here, and Wayward Swordtooth helps with this although requires lands in your hand to actually ramp, but Thrashing Brontodon is a much better three drop budget Dino. The problem with Swordtooth is it's not going to be doing much of anything for a long time in a game other than helping to reduce the cost of Ghalta and maybe getting a second land drop for a turn while this is good it's not worth a three drop. Because it can't block without having the city's blessing makes it quite bad. Consider replacing Swordtooth with Brontodon?
Consider replacing 4x Forest with 4x Timber Gorge or 4x Evolving Wilds? 14x Forest is a lot, I foresee games where all you draw are Forests and not a Mountain. You need a red source just as much as a green source turn two to cast either Huntmaster or Migration.
Reckless Rage is an instant and because it's an instant I think it's better than Savage Stomp. Both these spells are one mana and they require you to have a creature in play before you can cast them, but doing 4 damage to a creature at instant speed I think outweighs putting a +1/+1 counter on a Dino. You could play both something like 3x Rage main deck and 2x Stomp in the sideboard for additional removal.
For the sideboard here's some suggestions:
- Chandra's Defeat: very good instant spell vs red can kill just about any red creature other than Hazoret. Can kill Glorybringer or Chandra, Torch of Defiance for one mana.
- Magma Spray: one mana instant removal that exiles for aggro matchups.
- Sweltering Suns: board wipe for aggro and token matchups.
- Hour of Devastation: board wipe that can also kill Gods and Planeswalkers.
- Deathgorge Scavenger: graveyard hate and lifegain Dino good to slow down The Scarab God, God-Pharaoh's Gift or embalm creatures, etc. Lifegain for aggro matchups.
- Blossoming Defense: one mana instant protection for Ghalta from nondamage removal such as Vraska's Contempt or Cast Out, etc.
- Vance's Blasting Cannons Flip: card advantage that's not a creature for Control and midrange matchups.
- Snapping Sailback: flash Dino for Control matchups.
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
so i went to FNM at my local shop and it was a complete bust :d. 0-3. but most of my losses were due to mana issues, either too much or too little. i think i need to do a better job at shuffling.....
also made a few changes that i thought would benefit.
once again, any and all input is welcomed,
Thanks in advance.
Added a sideboard:
2 months ago
Yeah, Blood Sun is amazing. It shuts down ...
- All the new transform Enchantment Lands
- Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
- Wasteland, Ghost Quarter, Field of Ruin, Tectonic Edge
- Maze of Ith
- Sanctum of Ugin, Eye of Ugin
- Cavern of Souls (kind of ... if Blood Sun is on the battlefield, Cavern can't name a Creature type, so can only tap for Colorless)
- Creature Lands
3 months ago
Jungle Shrine, Opal Palace, Command Beacon, Rugged Highlands, Wind-Scarred Crag, Clifftop Retreat, Game Trail, Fortified Village, Canopy Vista, Cinder Glade, Timber Gorge, Tranquil Expanse, Kessig Wolf Run, Reliquary Tower, Temple of the False God, Temple of Abandon, Temple of Triumph, Temple of Plenty
3 months ago
I always love seeing these ultra-budget decks, since I try to keep mine under $30 or so. But all your cards should go for every advantage you can get.
4 months ago
Breeding Pool, Steam Vents, Stomping grounds, Cinder Glade, Game Trail, Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse, Frontier Bivouac, Temple of Abandon, Temple of Epiphany, Temple of Mystery, Gruul Turf, Izzet Boilerworks, Simic Growth Chamber, Hinterland Harbor, Rootbound Crag, Kazandu Refuge, Rugged Highlands, Swiftwater Cliffs, Thornwood Falls, Shivan Reef, Yavimaya Coast, Gruul Guildgate, Highland Lake, Izzet Guildgate, Shivan Oasis, Simic Guildgate, Timber Gorge, Woodland Stream, Highland Weald, Arcane Lighthouse, Homeward Path, Kessig Wolf Run, Rogue's Passage, Skarrg, the Rage Pits, Command Tower, Forbidden Orchard, Path of Ancestry, Lumbering Falls, Wandering Fumarole, Savage Ventmaw, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, Somberwald Sage, Xenagos, the Reveler