Enchantment — Aura
When Kenrith's Transformation enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Enchanted creature loses all abilities and is a green Elk creature with base power and toughness 3/3. (It loses all other card types and creature types.)
Printings View all
|Throne of Eldraine (ELD)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Kenrith's Transformation Discussion
5 hours ago
RNR_Gaming Thanks a bunch for the comment! Im gonna add some of the suggestions into the maybe board to keep them present. Hard thing is gonna be the cutting part, what to switch. Im also considering an Oko, Thief of Crowns and if Capture of Jingzhou gets a reprint Im taking out Karn's Temporal Sundering for sure. Also considering 32 lands instead of 31. Completely forgot about Kenrith's Transformation.
6 hours ago
Man! I love this commander and this reminds me of one of my older versions. Cards that may interest you would be Capture of Jingzhou - the virus has made the market so volatile I'm hoping this gets a reprint in commander ledgends. Nature's Will was a house back when I played it; either it ate a counter or allowed us to soft lock opponents and cast our turns spells. Noxious Revival has also allowed me to pull of some dumb plays and can sometimes be a blow out. Personal Tutor can add in some redundancy but definitely needs a reprint. Lastly, Sylvan Library, Mystic Remora, and Kenrith's Transformation have all proven to be heavy hitters :)
2 days ago
Tempt with Discovery - One of my favs but in a more competitive meta, don't they usually just strip mine whatever you tutor for?
How does Gravediggers cage and G-wave interact? Do you get the creatures from G-Wave or not? I know it's anti-synergy with Finale, but some of that is expected in a stax build.
Have you considered adding more interaction in the form of Kenrith's Transformation? It replaces itself, is cheap and shuts down commanders who cant interact with enchantments.
Nylea's Intervention - Not that you need even more anti-flying, but the land tutoring is nice. X=2-3 is a good mode and is fairly costed IMO. Helps you turn of field of the dead more consistently.
Replacing 8 forests with 8 snow-covered forests helps field of the dead turn online more quickly as well.
Yavimaya Hollow > Radiant Fountain
4 days ago
Cool deck. Curious on your thoughts of swapping Gaea's Herald for Allosaurus Shepherd? Sheperd comes down more quickly, makes all your green spells uncounterable, not just creatures, doesn't help opponents due to it's asymmetrical nature unlike herald and is a decent mana sink in it's own right.
I want to recommend Kenrith's Transformation but I can't find a slot for it, perhaps Vivien?
3 weeks ago
It was playing really well. The biggest problem was that it is not Ugin, the Spirit Dragon. Everything else was working great. It churns out zombies very well. it played consistently. I tried putting in Banishing Light because I only had one Deputy of Detention but being able to fetch the Deputy and always having an abundance of 2 drop enchantments makes it pretty crucial. I did add one Deputy (giving me 2 now) and I think I'm gonna tinker with the other two slots. I think I have 2 Dungeon Geists that I'll throw in for now.
The only other change I made was adding 2x Temple of Silence and removing Wolfwillow Haven as I was getting stuck without white mana too often. I also removed Kenrith's Transformation to accommodate The Binding of the Titans which play pretty well with the rest of the deck.
3 weeks ago
- Card draw:
- Sylvan Library : Card draw.
- Elvish Visionary : Cheap, cantrip, shaman.
- Mosswort Bridge : Pseudo cantrip.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip : Pseudo cantrip. Flip = better Gaea's Cradle.
- Blighted Woodland : Comes into play untapped. Ramp card mid-lategame.
- Path of Ancestry : Potential card filter.
- Strip Mine : Utility land.
- Gingerbread Cabin : Forest with minor upside. No reason not to play it in mono green.
- Fauna Shaman : Tutor, shaman.
- Noxious Revival : Manaless. Allows another shot for wincons.
- Scavenging Ooze : Manasink. graveyard disruption.
- Card draw:
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary : Card draw.
- Beast Whisperer : Green conditional card draw.
- Guardian Project : Green conditional card draw.
- Runic Armasaur : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Compost : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Sakura-Tribe Scout : Early game shaman. Mana acceleration.
- Genesis Wave : Pseudo card advantage.
- Arch of Orazca : Card draw.
- Win more:
- Myojin of Life's Web : Too expensive. Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile lategame.
- Patron of the Orochi : Quest for Renewal is cheaper.
- Gigantomancer : Cute, but 8 mana is too much for this kind of effect.
- Archetype of Endurance : Win more card. No real synergy. Asceticism Is better (although also not recommended).
- Trolls of Tel-Jilad : This is a bad card.
- Soul of the Harvest : Beast Whisperer / Guardian Project, cheaper. Almost same effect.
- Sakiko, Mother of Summer : Too expensive. Doesn't do enough for mana cost.
- Sage of Ancient Lore Flip : Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile mid-lategame.
- Wildheart Invoker : This is a bad card.
- Sakura-Tribe Springcaller : This is a bad card.
- Loaming Shaman : Not enough card draw that allows you to get your desired cards in you hand.
- Essence Warden : This is a bad card.
- Vines of Vastwood : Very situational card.
- Squall Line : Not very good card. Situational.
- Krosan Grip : Expensive situational removal.
- Gilded Lotus : Unnecessary ramp.
- Tranquil Grove : Unless your meta plays a lot of enchantments, not really necessary. Otherwise, recommmend Back to Nature instead.
- Beastmaster Ascension : Your creatures are not big enough for this to work consistently.
- Spidersilk Armor: No tutors, not enough card draw to obtain it. Unreliable flyer prevention. Silklash Spider Will hold off flyers with tutors.
Staple cards are cards I recommend obtaining and using, since they are almost always good cards to have in any green deck. The rest is up to preference and should be taken with a grain of salt. I hope I could be of some use to you.
1 month ago
Gruul typically does quite poorly in cEDH. Ruric Thar / Wort the Raidmother are your best options, and they arent great.
Id suggest looking into Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger list, they're extremely disruptive and can win pretty quickly. Rakdos isn't Gruul, but its the type of Grrrrr that you wish Gruul had.
Check out the Kroxa list on the Decklist Database, its very slick.
If you want to play a straight up disruptive game of magic every single game the whole time, Rashmi, Eternities Crafter may be for you. Its Simic, like Kinnan, but your build would differ substantially. Kinnan lists want to capitolize on stuff like Basalt Monolith and mana generation.
Rashmi hinges on interactivity and card relevance/quality. You run 35+ interactive cards to leverage her ability to break parity on using disruptive spells, and slowly grind your opponents resources into inaccessibility. Run enough 1 cmc/free answers for everything the Kinnan player is doing, you should be able to crunch through em. Kenrith's Transformation is an excellent green version of Gilded Drake, as well.
Sorry there aren't really any options for Gruul Stax (or any Gruul deck) to compete in cEDH or fringe cEDH metas.
1 month ago
Colfenor's Urn is kind of a lot of elaborate work for a bit of a dubious payoff(it generally seems much worse than just having a counterspell to protect your creatures from dying in the first place, for example.). Mirror Shield is a hyper specific draft card, It's just not very powerful. Also, vigilance isn't really an important keyword for you, so Brave the Sands isn't really helping you much. I'm also skeptical of Sight of the Scalelords...your creatures are probably big enough on average that an anthem isn't really the most important effect for you, particularly not at such a steep rate.
I'd suggest they be replaced with just cheap cantrips and/or interaction, if there's no other cards that immediately are of interest for you. Beast Within, Generous Gift, Disdainful Stroke, Negate, Kenrith's Transformation are a few excellent and budget options. Effects like Rampant Growth or Mind Stone would also probably be fine and generically good additions.