Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Artifact — Equipment
Whenever equipped creature becomes blocked by a creature, you may draw two cards.
Equip (: Attach this to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery. This enters the battlefield unattached and stays on the battlefield if the creature this card is attached to leaves the battlefield.)
2 weeks ago
I love Infiltration Lens this cards draws so many cards. I have it in my Iroas, God of Victory so my creatures have Menace. This means if they block I draw 4 cards. Also the cards is soo cheap in cost and equip. And you can literally buy it for under .25
1 month ago
Interesting brew. I have my own -1/-1 counter deck here which might help inspire you. Some general thoughts:
20 lands feels pretty low considering your mana curve - i’d be inclined to say you’d need 22-23.
Wither isn’t a great way to apply counters, because it leaves it up to your opponent to decide when and what gets -1/-1 counters applied. I’d suggest some more direct ways to appky counters, like Fume Spitter and Grind / Dust
I’m really not convinced Infiltration Lens is much use here, especially as Hapatra is the only creature the opponent likely wants to block to begin with.
2 months ago
Potential Removals/Substitutions I would recommend roughly 13 creatures (15 with the commanders) Due Respect Festival of the Guildpact Immolating Glare Niveous Wisps Pressure Point Daybreak Coronet Healing Hands Citywide Bust Kor Outfitter Light-Paws, Emperor's Voice Sleeper Dart
Potential Additions +4 plains/other lands Sram, Senior Edificer Stonehewer Giant Danitha Capashen, Paragon Colossus Hammer Swiftfoot Boots Argentum Armor Masterwork of Ingenuity Sun Titan Knight of the White Orchid Teshar, Ancestor's Apostle Metalwork Colossus Mirran Crusader Divine Reckoning Slash the Ranks Secret Rendezvous Fireshrieker Loxodon Warhammer Nettlecyst Golem-Skin Gauntlets Bloodforged Battle-Axe Sculpting Steel Maul of the Skyclaves Batterbone Angelic Armaments Arch of Orazca Avarice Amulet Battle Angels of Tyr Bonder's Ornament Coveted Jewel Cosmos Elixir Eye of Vecna Flumph Fey Steed Howling Golem Howling Mine Infiltration Lens Mask of Memory Mikokoro, Center of the Sea Otherworld Atlas Seer's Sundial Skullclamp Staff of Nin Stone Haven Outfitter Strength-Testing Hammer Tapestry of the Ages Teferi's Puzzle Box Temple Bell The Celestus War Room Blade of Selves Brass Knuckles Delver's Torch Demonmail Hauberk Dragon Throne of Tarkir Executioner's Hood Heartseeker Hedron Matrix Holy Avenger Moonsilver Spear Ogre's Cleaver Sigil of Distinction Sigil of Valor Skinwing Spellbinder Warlord's Axe Worldslayer
3 months ago
Some of your cards seem really uninspiring to topdeck... ornithopter, shuko...
Seems like these cards would be playable in a jhoira weatherlight captain deck but not sure why they help you here.
What us bEDH?
Some ideas for your consideration-
Mask of Memory, Infiltration Lens, Monastery Siege, Daretti, Scrap Savant, Thrill of Possibility, Buried Ruin, Coastal Piracy, Bident of Thassa, Goggles of Night, Cathartic Reunion, and in general maybe a little more interaction like Chaos Warp, Resculpt.
Just some thoughts, cheers and have fun!!
3 months ago
5 months ago
I love this deck idea, its one of my favorite!
Here is what I did; I went Mardu for Spark Trooper (lifegain) and some other artifact/enchantment removal options. I know you specified that the Trooper is missed by Unearth but it is not missed by Thunderkin Awakener or Flamekin Harbinger (tutor). My deck is so aggressive that I personally found that my graveyard could run dry, especially when Thunderkin was doing his job, making Unearth sometimes not helpful. So, I focus on Thunderkin as a main reanimation strategy with Unearth being backup.
I found that drawing into new elementals was very important so that my graveyard could be full. But I do this by playing the elementals, not discarding them. To do this I decided to use a card I've always wanted to make work in a deck: Infiltration Lens. this card is really nice because Thunderkin must attack to trigger and him getting blocked is most likely how he’ll die. When he is equipped with the lens, your opponent must choose between a second graveyard elemental (next turn) or two new cards from your library. You can easily draw into more trample elementals or maybe another Thunderkin or an Unearth to reanimate Thunderkin. This repeatable draw gets out of hand really quick.
I just recently replaced Double Cleave (the double strike strategy) with the newly reprinted Twinflame. It makes sense to also use Twinflame on Thunderkin Awakener where double strike didn't. Its kind-of like a 2drop (with "strive") Unearth; it helps emphasize Thunderkin being my main strategy.
I also recently started using Bone Shards because, as other users have pointed out, you can discard to use it before combat or use it after combat and sacrifice one of the elementals that will self-sac anyways.
Anyways, If you are interested, here is the link to my deck for reference.
5 months ago
Really nice! I've been perfecting my elemental Mardu deck for a year or so now. My goal was budget, heavy hitting tramplers, and reanimation. I had many of the same ideas you have here except white gives me access to Spark Trooper for lifegain.
- Stigma Lasher has a very nice place in my deck. It helps fill the early game but also shuts down lifegain decks by turn 3.
- I just recently replaced Double Cleave (the double strike strategy) with the newly reprinted Twinflame. It makes sense to also use Twinflame on Thunderkin Awakener where Double Cleave didn't. I figured 1 instant speed double strike 6/1 was weaker then 2 6/1s from my graveyard. This could possibly be a solution to your search for more Unearth-like cards.
- Speaking of Unearth, may I suggest using the new on-theme version: Unearth
- I decided to protect Thunderkin Awakener with Infiltration Lens because him getting blocked is most likely how he’ll die. This is because, Thunderkin must attack to trigger so why not force your opponents to decide between 1 elemental from your graveyard or maybe two from the top of your deck. Plus, I usually have an Unearth in hand. Or, maybe I'll draw into another Thunderkin.
- Also, Infiltration Lens can also be equipped to the 6/1s to encourage full damage throughput.
- There have been some games I’ve played where my graveyard seemed to run just a little dry. All my reanimation cards felt like dead cards especially when Thunderkin Awakener was doing his job. I found that drawing extra into more elementals was more reliable.
I do like a few cards you are using. I’ll look into replacing my Fall of the Hammer with Bone Shards; I really like what has been said here about it. Also Blood Mist sounds fun; I wounder if its not too slow.
If you are interested, here is the link to my deck for reference. Tappedout thinks its 75% competitive.
6 months ago
I've been perfecting my elemental Mardu deck for a year or so now. My goal was budget, heavy hitting tramplers, and reanimation. I had many of the same ideas you have here except black gives me access to Unearth and hand discard with Lightning Skelemental.
Some key differences:
- I use Stigma Lasher to stop lifegain decks by turn 3.
- I just recently replaced Double Cleave with the newly reprinted Twinflame. It makes sense to also use Twinflame on Thunderkin Awakener where Double Cleave didn't. I figured 1 instant speed double strike 6/1 was weaker then 2 6/1s with lifegain and hand discard effects.
- I also decided to protect Thunderkin Awakener with Infiltration Lens because he must attack for his ability to trigger; Him getting blocked is most likely how he'll die. So, why not make your opponent decide between 1 elemental from your graveyard or maybe 2 from your deck. Plus, I usually have an Unearth in hand. Or, maybe I'll draw into another Thunderkin Awakener.
- Infiltration Lens can also be equipped to the 6/1s to encourage full damage throughput.
- I find that the very persistant and constant barrage of 6/1s to be enough to overwhelm the opponent.
I do like a few of the elementals you have here like Incandescent Soulstoke. I'll have to see if they may work in my deck too.
Anyways, here is the link to my deck for reference. Tappedout thinks its 75% competitive.