|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Whenever equipped creature becomes blocked by a creature, you may draw two cards.
Infiltration Lens Discussion
5 days ago
Might i recommend a few more cards...
- Sword of Fire and Ice draw in
- Umezawa's Jitte c'mon.. it's too good not to
- Land Tax gotta hit those land drops
- Inventors' Fair another tutor, or even the life gain to counter loss of life from Gwyn
- Dispatch is basically another path/swords here
- Open the Vaults , Faith's Reward , Brought Back , Teferi's Protection , Boros Charm as some good recursion/protection, brought back is great with fetch lands too
- Stonehewer Giant another tutor
- Dowsing Dagger Flip more ramp
- Buried Ruin more recursion
- Lightning Greaves / Swiftfoot Boots you have Leonin Shikari so why don't you have one of these?!
- Infiltration Lens / Mask of Memory more draw... Gwyn costs 6 so you might need some draw before then
- Recruiter of the Guard he's a soldier but finds most of your knights
- Austere Command / Tragic Arrogance / Toxic Deluge good wipes
- Necropotence / Phyrexian Arena more draw before Gwyn
- Demonic Tutor / Vampiric Tutor enough said
5 days ago
I was thinking of building a gwyn deck as well. Here are some cards I think could be cool to run in this deck. Obviously a lot of options.
- Colossus Hammer - this was built for syr gwyn in mind
- Explorer's Scope - ramp, always important
- Heartseeker - with gwyn, tap to kill target creature
- Surestrike Trident - if you have this and Colossus Hammer it reads, each creature taps to deal 10+ damage to an opponent.
- Ogre's Cleaver - cheap artifact and now free equip
- Haunted Cloak
- Infiltration Lens
- Vorrac Battlehorns - if you want to be mean, put this on syr gwyn
- Loxodon Warhammer
- Chariot of Victory
- Fleetfeather Sandals
- Moonsilver Spear - doesn't fit the theme but flying angels are always fun
- Scythe of the Wretched - this plus Grappling Hook means steal any creature you can kill that isn't tapped
- Strata Scythe - pick the best color of the three. keep in mind this includes lands opponents control
- Authority of the Consuls - slow everyone and gain life
- Blind Obedience - slow everyone down while draining them and gaining life
- Brave the Sands - never worry about swinging each turn and make chump blockers able to block two huge creatures
- Sigarda's Aid - just amazing
- Leonin Shikari - not a knight but now you can switch equipment for free in combat before damage is dealt
- Midnight Reaper
- Syr Alin, the Lion's Claw
- Knight of Grace
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight - late game win condition
- Mirran Crusader
- Vona, Butcher of Magan
- Fiendslayer Paladin
- Silverblade Paladin
Required are Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale and Surestrike Trident . Then you can just go down the line of creatures attaching all of your power increasing equipment and tapping them for tons of damage. If you have Leonin Shikari and Brave the Sands out, then you can all out attack and then do the tapping out on the endstep before your turn. If you don't have Surestrike Trident but instead have Heartseeker then you can just kill a creature for each one you control.
1 week ago
Inspiring Veteran , Heavenly Blademaster , Blood Crypt , Godless Shrine , Sacred Foundry , Arid Mesa , Marsh Flats , Bloodstained Mire , Auriok Steelshaper , Mortify , Vindicate , Damnation , Wrath of God , Enlightened Tutor , Sol Ring , Lightning Greaves , Boros Signet , Orzhov Signet , Rakdos Signet , Acclaimed Contender , Hammer of Nazahn , Arcane Signet , Sword of Feast and Famine
Mirran Crusader , Worthy Knight , Righteous Confluence , Despark , Generous Gift , Rakdos Charm , Infiltration Lens , True Conviction , Colossus Hammer , Blackblade Reforged Cavalier of Flame , Sunforger , Ugin, the Ineffable , 2 Mountains, 4 Plains, 2 Swamps
2 weeks ago
You also don't have any card draw. You do have a good source in the command zone, which, is nice. Unfortunately, Boros colors do draw the worst, so you'll have to rely on some not-so-budget mostly-colorless staples or less-than-efficient engines. The prevailing wisdom is ~8 draw pieces but you'll be lucky to have half that in Boros colors. I personally consider card advantage in the command zone to count as ~2 draw cards due to the accessibility.
Mind's Eye , Staff of Nin , Arch of Orazca , Arcane Encyclopedia , Endless Atlas , Reforge the Soul , Cathartic Reunion , Rogue's Gloves , Infiltration Lens Coercive Portal , Mask of Memory , Trading Post , Conqueror's Galleon Flip, and Well of Lost Dreams are about as good as you can get without going into much more expensive cards or other colors.
Good luck and have fun! I hear Depala is a fun commander.
2 weeks ago
Sheltered Thicket has two types, mountain and forest, so it helps with Kird Ape . Maybe you can focus on your lands to surprise your adversary with Primal Bellow , you may try Ash Barrens or Evolving Wilds . Or, following the shout style: Roar of the Crowd .
In fact this deck can use a lot of cards ideas. So I believe you will maintain it opened for new ideas you may have for quite a while.
1 month ago
I love what you have put together here. My only comment is (and take it with a grain of salt) that your CMC is nice and speedy, but I wonder if you might find yourself somewhat low on lands mid to late game, especially with Sin Prodder giving the opponent the option to send lands to the graveyard. I know that probably is a solid trade for the possible damage done, but im curious if that cuts you off from playing cards that can finish the game up. Id like to hear how the deck plays/has played out for you because the idea is awesome and something i was looking into myself. I guess my last thing would maybe to play up Infiltration Lens and a card like Wildfire Eternal a bit more, maybe adding those as well as stocking a couple more instants or sorceries to cast for free when your opponent wants to avoid blocking for the 4 afflict damage and draw two for you. This may be too small a combo to play up but with your other afflict creatures, it could be painful choices as well as having no choice at all! Awesome deck though, it rocks as is.
2 months ago
Hey Andre4000 I'm here as requested to help with your deck.
First, I would recommend a few more ramp cards. RW doesn't have too many ramp options, so you'll probably have to rely on artifacts. I'd recommend Star Compass and Prismatic Lens and Kor Cartographer and Hedron Archive and Everflowing Chalice and Dreamstone Hedron and Sol Ring . Overall, about 10 ramp cards is a good fule of thumb for most EDH decks.
Second, I would recommend a few more card-draw effects. RW also lacks a lot of good card draw, so you may also need to rely on some artifacts here. I'd recommend Dawn of Hope and Seer's Sundial and Conqueror's Galleon Flip and Infiltration Lens and Howling Mine . Again, about 10 card draw effects is good for most EDH decks.
Also, I think you could get away with 36-38 lands if you want to free up a few spots for other cards.
Lastly, I'd recommend you a few board wipes. This deck wants to commit a lot to the battlefield, but eventually you'll run into a deck that can commit more stuff and faster than yours. Some boardwipes you might want are Hour of Reckoning and Martial Coup .
Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.
2 months ago
Infiltration Lens would be my first cut, and Thought Vessel for the new Arcane Signet. After that, likely Syphon Mind (seems like an odd choice here, and you want to keep your card draw sources very low-CMC in a voltron list.
Infiltration Lens occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%