Search your library for up to two basic Forest cards, reveal those cards, and put one onto the battlefield tapped and the rest into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Spell mastery — If there are two or more instant and/or sorcery cards in your graveyard, search your library for up to three basic Forest cards instead of two.
|Have (2)||CompleteWaste , metalmagic|
|Want (3)||netiger , Hxcntrc , Darui|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Common|
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Nissa's Pilgrimage Discussion
1 day ago
Hey, nice Scroll Rack Invention :)
Some budget cards to consider adding:
- Sol Ring
- Command Tower
- Congregation at Dawn
- Forerunner of the Empire
- Quartzwood Crasher
- Ripjaw Raptor
- Garruk's Uprising
- Rhythm of the Wild
- Elemental Bond
- Orcish Lumberjack
- Faeburrow Elder
- Canopy Vista
- Cinder Glade
- Exotic Orchard
- Naya Panorama
Sol Ring and Command Tower are some staple budget cards in Commander. At TCGPlayer you can find Sol for less than $3 and Tower for less than $1. Congregation at Dawn is a good budget creature tutor with Gishath. Cast it the same turn you want play Gishath or the turn before to tutor for and arrange the top of your library with any three Dinos to cheat onto the battlefield. Forerunner of the Empire is a Dino tutor (puts the Dino on top of your library) and a repeatable enrage enabler when a Dino you control ETB.
Quartzwood Crasher is one of the better budget Dinos since it can be a repeatable source of Dino tokens since many other Dinos have trample especially with Ghalta. Crasher combines well with Garruk's Uprising which can be a repeatable draw source and can give all creatures you control trample. Ripjaw Raptor has a powerful enrage ability to draw a card when it takes damage. Rhythm of the Wild makes all creatures you cast uncounterable and it gives nontoken creatures when they ETB the option of haste or make it bigger with a +1/+1 counter.
With Orcish Lumberjack sacing a Forest you control can make four mana since you can tap the Forest for mana before you sac it which can be a quick way to ramp into Gishath or other Dinos. Farseek is two drop land ramp that can search for a dual land such as Stomping Ground, Canopy Vista, Cinder Glade. At TCGPlayer can get Vista and Glade for less than $2 each.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Timber Gorge
- Tranquil Expanse
- Gruul Guildgate
- Selesnya Guildgate
- Blossoming Sands
- Nissa's Pilgrimage
- Font of Fertility
- Hunt the Weak
- Insult / Injury
- Gruul Keyrune
- Burnished Hart
- Ravenous Daggertooth
- Raging Regisaur
- Radiant Destiny
- Overgrown Armasaur
- Kinjalli's Caller
- Zhur-Taa Druid
Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
As far as ramp goes I think you have a good amount, but it could maybe use a little tuning! Nissa's Pilgrimage has too big a chance of failing to find in a deck with only 5 forests. I would add in Circuitous Route and Explosive Vegetation. Having a really low curve probably doesn’t need to be your biggest concern since your whole game plan is dropping 3-5 lands a turn. So I would probably drop a couple of the lower costed single land grabbing spells.
I also run 40 lands in both of my lands matter/landfall decks and try to keep the basics around 20 because I used to run 36 and maybe 10 basics and starting to fail to find before you have the board state to win the game is a really terrible feeling
3 weeks ago
Interesting topic Ramble, I've been meaning to respond for the last day or two but have just been super busy, but let me provide a mana base formula I stumbled on a few years back after noticing a pattern in my deck building - might be something to try out and see if you find similar results, as I find it's very rare to get either flooded or mana screwed using this formula. I'll provide a couple of examples as well - more for the casual-competitive decks, as my cEDH decks don't always follow the formula as rigorously.
The basic formula for mana-producing lands is: Starting base of 30 mana-producing lands, plus additional lands equal to the CMC of your commander, plus additional lands equal to the average CMC of the deck, minus designated values for each mana rock, mana dork, mana spell and draw spell equal to or less than the CMC of the commander.
The first example is for my Zada, Hedron Grinder deck: Yada...Yada...Zada. In this case, the formula is 30 + 4CMC (commander) + 2.28 average CMC, or 36.28. I then subtract designated values for the following cards in the deck: -1.0 for Mana Crypt, -0.5 for Sol Ring (or any other 0 or 1 CMC rock), -0.25 for Thought Vessel (or any other 2 or 3 CMC rock), Battle Hymn, Brightstone Ritual, Traitorous Greed and Dockside Extortionist, and finally -0.10 for each of the draw spells in the deck: Accelerate, Boiling Blood, Crimson Wisps, Expedite, Fists of Flame, Stun and Renegade Tactics for a total reduction of 3.45 and a final value of 32.83 (rounded up to 33).
The second example includes a more aggressive reduction in mana-producing lands based on my Elf tribal Marwyn, the Nurturer deck: Elves Tap and Slap (Marwyn Tribal Counters). The formula here is 30 + 3CMC (commander) + 2.64 average CMC, or 35.64. I then subtract for the following cards: -0.50 for Sol Ring, -0.25 for Elvish Archdruid, Elvish Mystic, Fyndhorn Elves, Gyre Sage, Incubation Druid, Llanowar Elves, Llanowar Visionary, Priest of Titania, Rishkar, Peema Renegade, Selvala, Heart of the Wilds, Viridian Joiner, Wood Elves, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Nissa's Pilgrimage, Rhonas's Monument, Gaea's Touch and Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. Finally, I subtract -0.10 for Elvish Visionary, Llanowar Visionary and Inspiring Call for a total reduction of 5.30 and a final value of 30.34 (rounded down to 30).
Although the reduction values could be considered a little arbitrary in certain deck concepts, this formula has held pretty accurate since I started keeping track of it. I hope you find this useful in the future, and happy brewing.
1 month ago
This may seem weird, but using your favorites Cut / Ribbons and Torment of Hailfire as our guides, I think we're shying away from a Landfall deck and leaning more into a traditional ramp deck. An old-school ramp deck...like before Zendikar gave lands a thing to do when they entered the battlefield. The idea is to get as many lands onto the battlefield as fast as possible to play the biggest spells (especially X-spells) possible. That said, it's going to take a little bit of re-structuring to your deck to do this well.
1 month ago
Thanks again! Awesome that you take the time out of your day to really give such an insightful comment.
I have been working on the deck after I posted it and even upgraded it a bit between your comment and me posting the deck, two of them are even cards you recommended! Bonders' Enclave and Gruul Signet. I also added Rogue's Passage to maybe sneak an attacker in.
I did actually buy quite a few cards a few days ago that just arrived and some of them are also cards you mentioned :D
I also added these ones, maybe you have some comments about them?
- God-Eternal Rhonas, it looks like it can combo quite well with Xenagos. Have you tried the cards?
- Mwonvuli Beast Tracker, I always find myself missing Trample so I thought this guy could help tutoring for it.
- Skarrg, the Rage Pits a worse Kessig Wolf Run but also a lot cheaper, and I am mainly after the trample effect (I think).
- Scavenging Ooze wanted a way to deal with peoples graveyard shenanigans.
- Mind Stone ramp! (basically added it because you mentioned it in Norin :P )
- Solemn Simulacrum there are other ramp cards in green but I just think he is a lot of value.
- I also swapped the Sedge Scorpion for a Deadly Recluse because even though I find it nice to have a early thing on the board that can deter people from attacking me before I have some of my guys out I found that a lot of attacks just went over it.
The things I will be cutting is the Scorpion and
- Mistcutter Hydra (I have other sources of can't be countered and it not doing anything else than that feels a bit week),
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir (too slow. Even though I love the prospect of being able to double the equipped creature and then have it applied to every other creather, it simply doesn't happen often enough and it doesn't provide value as soon as it lands because it would cost + mana for it to do so),
- Solidarity of Heroes (I have used it as a combat trick but it is too situational especially as I plan to cut some of the counter/hydra creatures),
- Twinflame (often when I am thinking of casting this I realize I would rather cast one of my creatures or wish it was a creature),
- Brash Taunter (thought it would be fun, but it is as I expected - way to slow), Flame-Wreathed Phoenix (I wanted a flying creature but and really only put this in for sentimental reasons but it just isn't doing anything, it is very unsatisfying to double it especially if it already have haste),
- Peregrination (don't think it's worth the cost, added other/earlier ways to ramp),
- Nissa's Pilgrimage (same reason as the other)
Let me know what you think about the cuts and if I could have made better ones!
Now for your recommendations!
- Lurking Predators Sounds like a great idea, would love to hear what you think should be cut from the deck too.
- The Great Henge Yeah I want a few of these, to go into some decks. Have on my "buy it on a bargain" list. Hopefully I can pick it up soon.
- Decimate and Hull Breach Looks like great cards, I have noticed that I really need to put some enchantment/artifact removal in and these two looks like great picks for it.
- Life's Legacy Very nice card! Will probably pick it up, but when do one have to much draw?
- Nature's Lore I was going to add one of these a while back as I thought i had one laying around but I couldn't find it and forgot to acquire one. Will put it on my list :)
- Rishkar's Expertise Added this one!
- Skyshroud Claim I like this card too, but I always find 4 mana ramp to be a little late. You think it's still pulling it's weight?
Beast Within Great card, will be adding this at one point
Berserk Never been a fan of killing my own creatures, but I guess the added benefit of being able to use it on an enemy is nice. I could also Berserk it and then sac it myself with any of the card draw cards. Will be looking out for one if I can find a really cheap one.
Momentous Fall Nice one! Will pick this one up for sure
Return of the Wildspeaker Will add this one too, bought a few of them already a week back but they are taking their sweet time arriving.
Lands I have already added the Bonder's Enclave and will be adding a Myriad Landscape as I have an extra one. I will also look to acquire the other ones. I am thinking of also adding Reliquary Tower as it's likely I will get more than 7 cards in hand after a sacrifice, Mishra's Factory as it's one of the only good manlands I have (doubt Kher Keep will do much here) I am also thinking of adding a Tectonic Edge to deal with other people's lands.
Most of the dragons you mention was about to go into the deck, but then I bought a Secret Lair and built a dragon deck instead. Will be looking into getting most of the dragons you mention here.
There's so many here, hard to pick and choose which to add! I will start with the ones I know I want in Eternal Witness because there is always something that's worth casting twice, Kogla, the Titan Ape can remove a lot of stuff in one go as I can give it haste too, Ilharg, the Raze-Boar been looking to add this guy since day one! But they have always been so over priced in my local market about 7-8$! I managed to find one yesterday for $5! So hopefully it will find it's way to me tomorrow :) Reclamation Sage need more removal so this on should be a given, Sakura-Tribe Elder need a bit more ramp so I can get it out more reliable so this one a good one. Was going to add a Fierce Empath when I opened 2020, must have forgotten!
I am also looking to add Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma and Lifeblood Hydra but they are hard to find in my local market. The other ones I will add to my list and pick them up if I can get them cheap, to at least switch out for some others and see what fits my play style the best!
Would love a Deflecting Swat (in Norin too), but my local market have it quite high, and I think I can find more impactful cards for cheaper. Oh I will definitely upgrade for a Vines of Vastwood and look for a Blossoming Defense, right now my biggest defense against spot removal is Archetype of Endurance but it's so expensive to cast!
There are a lot of cards here that you have mentioned that I have both already added and want to add now that you have brought them to my attention, so I will have to do a lot of cuts and would love to here your thoughts on what should be removed (and if the cuts I already did where good ones) would also love why you think I should remove some cards over others.
Thanks a lot for yet another deep look at my deck! Really appreciate it :)
1 month ago
Been on a Tatyova binge myself recently! Thought I would share some synergies that you may be interested in.
Might also wanna consider Nissa's Pilgrimage As your basic land count could probably benefit from another cultivate effect.
Meloku the Clouded Mirror can take alot of advantage of all your extra land drops if you ever feel that may be necessary.
Khalni Heart Expedition is just really easy to set off with all the extra land drops you can accumulate.
1 month ago
2 months ago
Some green ramp upgrades I've been looking into include:
Traverse the Ulvenwald - G to fix your mana or later G to Tutor a Creature you need for your combo or any land.
Once Upon a Time - Free or 1G and you can dig 5 cards deep to find another Land/Creature.