Danitha Capashen, Paragon
Legendary Creature — Human Knight
First strike, vigilance, lifelink
Aura and Equipment spells you cast cost less to cast.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Danitha Capashen, Paragon occurrence in decks from the last year
Danitha Capashen, Paragon Discussion
1 month ago
Commander league week 4 swaps
1 month ago
Boxing League Round 4 Cardpool
1 month ago
I'm fairly new to building land hate decks. The land destruction suggestions are very helpful.
I have a mono-white equipment deck that runs Sram, Senior Edificer, Danitha Capashen, Paragon, and Puresteel Paladin. Great cards, but I only have one copy of each for now. May work them in eventually. Trying to keep the decks from becoming too similar at the same time though.
Thanks again for taking the time to comment!
1 month ago
Land hate is awesome. Here's some suggestions you may or may not have considered...
Also, I've found that card advantage really helps in land destruction. With all of your equipment, you could try to include Sram, Senior Edificer, Danitha Capashen, Paragon and Puresteel Paladin. You could also get away with Howling Mine, for that matter, since your aim seems to be keeping your opponents from being able to cast anything they might draw from it.
And finally, you already have Vandalblast and Return to Dust, which are important because they eliminate opponents' mana rocks, but I think you could include more artifact hate. Demolish is good for that because it sticks with the theme.
These are suggestions only, not meant to redesign your deck. Happy gathering!
2 months ago
I really, really like the idea of taking this mono white! I think that would be a really unique route to take! If you do end up sticking to one color, you could consider including Armored Ascension and Emeria, The Sky Ruin. Emeria can be really useful if your commander gets expensive in the late game from it being removed so often...
You might not have enough enchantments to include this right now but I would also keep in mind Winds of Rath. I have used that many times as a straight one-sided wrath!
This is just a pet card of mine but never underestimate the power of a bowl of Hot Soup! Especially if you are already prioritizing indestructibility, the down side is often negated.
2 months ago
Lowering the curve is definitely a good idea. Usually, this comes at a cost of how much the creatures do on their own. However, some of the cards you mention are quite good.
Mire Triton is a great, cheap Deathtouch creature that both provides defense as well as filling up the graveyard. In the early game, players usually only need a very tiny reason to not attack you to direct their aggression elsewhere. An argument to not run it would be that it only has one keyword itself, but it's additional utility makes it a decent inclusion.
Nullpriest of Oblivion is a card I haven't gotten to experiment much with yet, but it seems really good. Menace is indeed rare, especially in combination with other keywords. It may be added in the future simply on the back of having Menace. It also providing a decent mana sink in the late game is nothing to scoff at either.
When it comes to Winding Constrictor, I think theres some merit in considering it. It has some really nice synergy with Kathril, seeing at it increases the number of both keyword counters and +1/+1 counters. Conclave Mentor, on the other hand, I think do too little to warrant a place in the deck. On its own, it has no keyword abilities and simply increase the number of +1/+1 counters by one.
Regarding my land count, 34 is definitely pushing it, and I should probably be running at least 35. That being said, I have yet to be properly mana screwed with this version. I run about 15 ramp- and card draw spells, so my mana usually smoothes out. Running 37 lands, like you are, is not a bad idea at all. If you find yourself often shifting between getting flooded and screwed, may I ask what ramp and card draw you're running?
Cards like Sylvan Library, Underrealm Lich, Doom Whisperer and Phyrexian Arena are all great for slowly accruing value. Library, Lich and Whisperer are particularly great because they let you look at cards ahead of time and arrange your deck after what you need. I don't know your budget though. Many of the best card draw and filtering spells are expensive, but there are some budget options too, like Lifecrafter's Bestiary, Crystal Ball and Read the Bones. :)
2 months ago
I've recently started looking for low cost creatures with 2+ keywords and I'd like to know your opinion about them:
- Mire Triton - Deathtouch and mills 2 cards, both things seem to be quite impactful in this deck
- Nullpriest of Oblivion - Menace (quite rare keyword) and Lifelink (uncommon keyword) + when kicked it can for reanimate another creature if Kathril already got her keywords or there's nothing better to do with lots of mana laying around lategame
- Winding Constrictor / Conclave Mentor - both make it easier for Kathril to become lethal voltron
- Danitha Capashen, Paragon - 3 keywords on 3 CMC creature, looks for me like a good bargain - I've personally swapped Aerial Responder for her, since I have lots of Flying creatures anyways
Also how do you feel with running only 34 lands? I run 37 and card draw spells like Painful Truths or Funeral Rites and still sometimes get to a point where I need lands or I have completely empty hand.
2 months ago
The cards you listed so to speak "don't solve the problems of the deck".
I would be happy to see cards, that are great draws after i fell behind in a grindy matchup. Something resilient that always comes back like a bad case of herpes, thats reasonably strong to threaten the last points of life.
Or some big dumb threat that can be fielded fast - that is not vulnerable to cards that hate on the mainboard cards.
(In general "protection from X" creatures, preferrably in white, would be very welcome)
Now lets take a look why i have issues with the suggested cards:
- Danitha Capashen, Paragon is just a 2/2 first strike, lifelink vigilance body for . She does diddle all until turn 4. She is vulnerable to the same cards the rest of the deck is. And her discount does diddle all, as it doesn't help ith equipping, only casting. I don't have problems with casting 0, 1, or 2 mana cards.
- Resolute Strike would be brilliant, if i wanted to make a mono white version of saffronolive's hammertime deck. Considering the ZERO copies of cheap double strikers, it may be apparent that its not the same deck, nor does it want to be the same.
(Adding a secondary color is not something to be done lightly, no pain mana bases are a virtue, so is consistent mana in early turns, always getting ramp out of assassin's trophgy ...etc.)
- Akiri, Fearless Voyager is a great card for RW stoneblade/hatebears. It give one more way to protect your hatebears, and helps a decks that desperately needs a way to draw cards. On the other hand in this deck its a very bad idea to unequip cards that have as equip cost. At that point the creature that carried the hammer, might as well have been destroyed.
- Nahiri, Heir of the Ancients... well. That +1 is extremely tempting. Even the -2 & -3 abilities are decent. Problem is landing it on hte field., it costs a bit too much to allow me to cast it as my 2nd threat on my turn to overload the mana the op has for counters. And in other mathcups she is a questionable addition. Against agressive decks, she does her thing just a little bit too late, and GBx grindy decks have too many tools to outright destroy her.