Gauntlet of Power
As Gauntlet of Power enters the battlefield, choose a color.
Creatures of the chosen color get +1/+1.
Whenever a basic land is tapped for mana of the chosen color, its controller adds one mana of that color to his or her mana pool.
|Have (2)||gildan_bladeborn , Mortiferus_Rosa|
|Want (3)||jedidad68 , map_charlie , gaarnar13|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions (MPS)||Mythic Rare|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Gauntlet of Power occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Gauntlet of Power Discussion
2 weeks ago
So I have been playing Chainer for a while now. I can give a bit of insight. First off I do like your list. So now into the thick of it. Chainer is a really mana hungry deck. Strands of Night is an amazing card but in my playing you need a card like Crucible of Worlds to get around the sac clause. All in all it is a fine card if you want to invest more slots to it. Nim Deathmantle No .... this card requires to much for it to be good. paired with a Grave Titan and an Ashnod's Altar is great but that turns into a 3 card combo. IMO not worth it. Lake of the Dead can be good if you add both of the other cards listed above. Soldevi Adnate best card. As long as you have a sac outlet on board and he never gets exiled he is amazing. Even if he does die just animate him back. As far as Pitiless Plunderer great card if you can sac alot. Generates mana witch is nice. As for Gauntlet of Power i mean if you feel as if you need that then go for it. I personally like the Plunderer better because of the fact that it is a creature. It is very hard for black to interact with artifacts and get them back. (Side note I know it can be done but not worth the ammount of slots needed again IMO) As for the cuts do not cut Villis , he is amazing card advantage. Priest is fine if you can make tokens or just have a good grip on the board state. Disciple is an okay card i cut and add it all the time. I also think you have too many cutie lands. swamps are your best friend in the deck along with urborg.
2 weeks ago
I love the name of this deck, Flavor win! New cards to add would be Fiendish Duo and Repeated Reverberation. Also Angrath's Marauders for another damage doubler, Backdraft Hellkite and Charmbreaker Devils for recursion. A great card in mono decks with less recursion choices is Conqueror's Galleon Flip. Also cut Blaze for Burn from Within, it is about the same price but miles better, although I do love seeing Blaze. Maybe a mana doubler would help but they are all pricey, Gauntlet of Power or Caged Sun. Ruby Medallion is another but has a price tag. Lastly Neheb, the Eternal. Hope I helped.
3 weeks ago
Trying to improve the synergy of the deck by adding more creatures. It just feels bad to have a Survival of the Fittest in hand without targets!
Gauntlet of Power feels like the worst of the mana doubler. At more than 4 cmc, you should not play a symmetrical effect. I replaced it with Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger. Blasting Station was often a dead card in hand and cannot be tutored for when it can win the game. Whiptongue Hydra was replaced by Squallmonger: does the same for flyers, but can also win the game. Instead of blasting station I added Elderscale Wurm, which plays nicely with squallmonger.
1 month ago
I would highly encourage Sunbird's Invocation . It's a great way to cheat in mono-red since you have such a high mana curve, as expected when playing Dragons.
Gauntlet of Power and Gauntlet of Might actually help your opponents. As an aggro deck, I'd recommend dropping these. You want to slow your opponents down, not help speed them up. I'd encourage you to replace both of these with the aforementioned cards.
Otherwise it looks solid and fun.
1 month ago
Arch of Orazca - Repeatable late game draw
Commune with Lava - Late game "draw," can be used end of opponents turn as well
Hedron Archive - Ramp and card draw
Ignite the Future - Very good "draw"
Light Up the Stage - Almost as good "draw"
Mind's Eye - Expensive, but mid-late game draw is always nice
You have virtually no draw, just lots of looting which is fine for GY shenanigans but you will run out of gas quickly.
2 months ago
2 months ago
Gleeock, I've been looking into that, actually. I have identified 10 cards I can slip in.
I am considering removing the following, for their respective reasons:
- Gauntlet of Power : It costs to much mana and assists my opponents in ramp. I am not looking to build a group hug deck.
- Extraplanar Lens : While there is strong power here, I also feel I have enough solid ramp and cost reduction that I do not need it. I play games and win just fine in tests without having it on the field. There are even times where I find it slows me down because I get greedy and play it too early, removing lands from play. For example, if I have three lands out but exile my only red source, I kind of screw myself over.
- Rimescale Dragon : With Lens out of the deck, I have reason to run Snow-Covered Mountain s. That is to say, I was running SCMs because it puts a soft-lock on my opponent's ability to ramp off my card. If they have normal Mountains, they gain no benefit. They would need specifically a Snow-Covered Mountain. Well, if I am not using snow lands, I don't benefit from Rimescale.
- Glacial Crevasses : Again, no snow lands = no need to run this.
Now only two of these are actually mainboarded; Gauntlet and Lens. I play many games without using these and things work out just fine. So it becomes a matter of what to replace them with.
I'd like to stick to the Dragons if able, only because I'd get the most value out of Lathliss. However, other control-like Enchantments work as well.
The list of Dragons I am looking at currently are the following:
- Hoard-Smelter Dragon : Gives me another control outlet on a Dragon. Similar to Steel Hellkite in that I can remove threats or problematic cards. I can break combo pieces apart or destroy stones to slow opponents down. It also works great to remove Voltron equipment. Without being a tap ability, I can sink an entire turn's worth of mana into it and blow up 2 or 3 artifacts late game.
- Knollspine Dragon : Giant hand replenishment card. There are plenty of times where I swing for 14+ damage. That's 14 cards. The value there is just immense. Possibly even better than Dragon Mage because I don't give my opponent's new cards, too.
- Moonveil Dragon : Functions as another anthem. Lathliss, Dragon Queen and Purphoros, God of the Forge both serve in this capacity. Having a 3rd Dragon might be useful, too.
- Mordant Dragon : A weaker version of Balefire Dragon . I may honestly replace Demanding Dragon . I don't want to give my opponent a choice in the matter. That's what makes Glorybringer and Flameblast Dragon so good - I choose where I want the damage to go.
- Thunder Dragon : Seems like a decent sweeper, but only if the boardstate is light enough. I'm not sure how this would fare in the changing meta. 3 damage probably isn't worth it late game, and early game it'd be too hard to reliably get out. Just posting it here so you know I thought of it.
- Zodiac Dragon : I was considering this only because I find it interesting that it gives me essentially an unkillable Dragon. No matter what the boardstate becomes, I would always have Zodiac and Lathliss I can fall back on. I just find that a bit interesting, but I don't think I should try and force Golgari into mono-red. Though, to be fair, I also have Haven of the Spirit Dragon which returns a Dragon as well as Daretti, Scrap Savant who can return Steel Hellkite and Moltensteel Dragon . So there is precedent for it in this deck.
Additionally, I have identified:
- Price of Glory : Completely shuts down reaction-based decks.
- Citadel of Pain : Forces mana-drain.
- Ashling's Prerogative : Another source of haste. If I choose even, all of my 6-cmc Dragons (Which are most of them) gain haste. Likewise, my tokens (0 cmc) also gain haste. It also gives my Commander haste.
I think I'd rather go with the enchantments I feel that slowing opponents down while I burn them out with passive triggers is a great foundation to rely on as I churn out an army of Dragons. Sort of keeps the pressure off of me to keep going as fast as possible. This way, if I get a hand with 2 or 3 6-cmc Dragons but also a 3-cmc control enchantment, I can keep it knowing I have a soft lock on the game for a few turns.
After I finalize this deck, I plan on building a Prossh, Skyraider of Kher deck, running Korvold, Fae-Cursed King as a "secret Commander". That will be far more of a "regular" EDH deck with interactions, wraths, tutors, land spell cards, etc. :)
2 months ago
This is why Extraplanar Lens is usually combined with a snow-covered basic land, because your opponent is less likely to have those.