|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions (MPS)||Mythic Rare|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Gauntlet of Power
As Gauntlet of Power enters the battlefield, choose a color.
Creatures of the chosen color get +1/+1.
Whenever a basic land is tapped for mana of the chosen color, its controller adds one mana of that color to his or her mana pool.
Gauntlet of Power Discussion
1 week ago
Gleeock, I've been looking into that, actually. I have identified 10 cards I can slip in.
I am considering removing the following, for their respective reasons:
- Gauntlet of Power : It costs to much mana and assists my opponents in ramp. I am not looking to build a group hug deck.
- Extraplanar Lens : While there is strong power here, I also feel I have enough solid ramp and cost reduction that I do not need it. I play games and win just fine in tests without having it on the field. There are even times where I find it slows me down because I get greedy and play it too early, removing lands from play. For example, if I have three lands out but exile my only red source, I kind of screw myself over.
- Rimescale Dragon : With Lens out of the deck, I have reason to run Snow-Covered Mountain s. That is to say, I was running SCMs because it puts a soft-lock on my opponent's ability to ramp off my card. If they have normal Mountains, they gain no benefit. They would need specifically a Snow-Covered Mountain. Well, if I am not using snow lands, I don't benefit from Rimescale.
- Glacial Crevasses : Again, no snow lands = no need to run this.
Now only two of these are actually mainboarded; Gauntlet and Lens. I play many games without using these and things work out just fine. So it becomes a matter of what to replace them with.
I'd like to stick to the Dragons if able, only because I'd get the most value out of Lathliss. However, other control-like Enchantments work as well.
The list of Dragons I am looking at currently are the following:
- Hoard-Smelter Dragon : Gives me another control outlet on a Dragon. Similar to Steel Hellkite in that I can remove threats or problematic cards. I can break combo pieces apart or destroy stones to slow opponents down. It also works great to remove Voltron equipment. Without being a tap ability, I can sink an entire turn's worth of mana into it and blow up 2 or 3 artifacts late game.
- Knollspine Dragon : Giant hand replenishment card. There are plenty of times where I swing for 14+ damage. That's 14 cards. The value there is just immense. Possibly even better than Dragon Mage because I don't give my opponent's new cards, too.
- Moonveil Dragon : Functions as another anthem. Lathliss, Dragon Queen and Purphoros, God of the Forge both serve in this capacity. Having a 3rd Dragon might be useful, too.
- Mordant Dragon : A weaker version of Balefire Dragon . I may honestly replace Demanding Dragon . I don't want to give my opponent a choice in the matter. That's what makes Glorybringer and Flameblast Dragon so good - I choose where I want the damage to go.
- Thunder Dragon : Seems like a decent sweeper, but only if the boardstate is light enough. I'm not sure how this would fare in the changing meta. 3 damage probably isn't worth it late game, and early game it'd be too hard to reliably get out. Just posting it here so you know I thought of it.
- Zodiac Dragon : I was considering this only because I find it interesting that it gives me essentially an unkillable Dragon. No matter what the boardstate becomes, I would always have Zodiac and Lathliss I can fall back on. I just find that a bit interesting, but I don't think I should try and force Golgari into mono-red. Though, to be fair, I also have Haven of the Spirit Dragon which returns a Dragon as well as Daretti, Scrap Savant who can return Steel Hellkite and Moltensteel Dragon . So there is precedent for it in this deck.
Additionally, I have identified:
- Price of Glory : Completely shuts down reaction-based decks.
- Citadel of Pain : Forces mana-drain.
- Ashling's Prerogative : Another source of haste. If I choose even, all of my 6-cmc Dragons (Which are most of them) gain haste. Likewise, my tokens (0 cmc) also gain haste. It also gives my Commander haste.
I think I'd rather go with the enchantments I feel that slowing opponents down while I burn them out with passive triggers is a great foundation to rely on as I churn out an army of Dragons. Sort of keeps the pressure off of me to keep going as fast as possible. This way, if I get a hand with 2 or 3 6-cmc Dragons but also a 3-cmc control enchantment, I can keep it knowing I have a soft lock on the game for a few turns.
After I finalize this deck, I plan on building a Prossh, Skyraider of Kher deck, running Korvold, Fae-Cursed King as a "secret Commander". That will be far more of a "regular" EDH deck with interactions, wraths, tutors, land spell cards, etc. :)
2 weeks ago
This is why Extraplanar Lens is usually combined with a snow-covered basic land, because your opponent is less likely to have those.
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
may i recommend Gauntlet of Power , Extraplanar Lens , Skirk Prospector , Goblin Chirurgeon , Torch Courier , Battle Hymn , Mogg Infestation , Red Elemental Blast , Reverberate ...especially if your in a heavy counterspell meta. i run a krenko deck and cant tell you how many times ive used Fork , Reverberate to counter crap lol GOBLINSSSSSS
1 month ago
Trying to accommodate so many mechanics in a deck can be a hindrance. In my opinion, mill is pretty weak in multiplayer EDH because there are a ton of cards that can recover cards from the yard or just shuffle back in. On top of that, most mill cards only target one player. If I were you I would tune the deck to be mostly mill or take out most of the mill cards aside from maybe Undead Alchemist . If you want to go into mill, it is a go big or don't go at all kind of thing. If you want to go mill you should add cards like Mindcrank , Mind Funeral , Sire of Stagnation , Jace, Memory Adept , Nephalia Drownyard , Duskmantle, House of Shadow , and Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur as well as cards that can copy spells on the stack as to target multiple players similar to Naru Meha, Master Wizard , Echo Mage , and Meletis Charlatan .
I'm also not a big fan of Doubling Cube in this deck as I don't see it being very useful most of the time. I think it could be replaced by a better mana rock or mana multiplier like Chromatic Lantern , Thran Dynamo , Caged Sun , Gauntlet of Power or just a different card all together if mana isn't usually an issue. The same goes for Fabricate . It is definitely a good card, but you do not have enough targets to justify running it to me. I would run Diabolic Tutor over it as it only costs 1 more mana and can tutor for anything. I don't see a lot of recursion to be running Entomb . If you are just trying to thin your deck then run Buried Alive , though, again, none of your creatures benefit from sitting in your graveyard and you only a couple of ways to get them back out.
The land base looks pretty solid. I would suggest you try to pick up a Watery Grave .
Not sure how you or your play group feel about infinite combos, but adding Triskelion to the deck along side the Mikaeus, the Unhallowed you have is infinite damage to everyone provided no one has a way to interrupt it.
If running all these mechanics are fun for you then keep it as is; I'm not trying to tell you how to have fun. My suggestion to you is that you try to focus your deck to do only a few things because when you run all these mechanics you spread yourself pretty thin and maybe you are trying to get a bunch of zombies and you draw something you don't need as it is for a different mechanic. Running multiple cards that do the same thing is very advantageous in EDH for consistency. An example is if you want to run Animate Dead , you should also run Dance of the Dead and Necromancy . They do the same thing and increase your chance of getting a card that has that effect.
If you want, you can check out my UB Zombie deck, Zombies for days. It creates and recycles zombies. It might give you some ideas. There are also a lot of other decks you can find on this site or can google and take inspiration from.
1 month ago
Cards to Add: Ensnaring Bridge Bottled Cloister Grand Abolisher Stony Silence Static Orb Hokori, Dust Drinker Torpor Orb Coalition Relic Scroll Rack Mind's Eye Crackdown Austere Command Terminus Worn Powerstone
1 month ago
Usually what's best for me at the moment. I've copied Thran Dynamo and Caged Sun and Font of Mythos alot. Of other things to copy not in my deck, basically name it. I've copied Gilded Lotus and the swords Sword of Feast and Famine someone else's Caged Sun or Gauntlet of Power
1 month ago
Most of the games, I tend to wait till I have all the combo pieces in hand and enought mana and then I play it all in the same turn and kill the table.
NAHS901, I was playing Doomsday in another deck of mine and found the card very risky. I would rather play Laboratory Maniac paired with Enter the Infinite or Leveler as i do in my Tatyova, Solitaire Deck
Gauntlet of Power occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%