|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions (MPS)||Mythic Rare|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Gauntlet of Power
As Gauntlet of Power enters the battlefield, choose a color.
Creatures of the chosen color get +1/+1.
Whenever a basic land is tapped for mana of the chosen color, its controller adds one mana of that color to his or her mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (8)||mziter501 , ironax , metlguy , mcstang1986 , Supremespeed , KillDatBUG , Justinaut , cklise|
|Want (7)||xpsychovampx , samuelianstorm , richardmv , cj96.calimlim , gosora , Didgeridooda , vashaclarens|
Gauntlet of Power Discussion
1 week ago
Some changes I'd do and try out how they fare:
- Sol Ring (Illegal in our playgroup) run a dork instead
- Simic Keyrune - Play mana Dorks instead
- Vision Skeins - Play better draw spells for only you
- Flash Counter - Play better version of this
- Siren Stormtamer - Play better version of this
- Chasm Skulker - we don't synergize with this
- Tempt with Discovery - there's better ramp that's just for us
- Solemn Simulacrum - we are in green
- Creeping Mold - too expensive
- Pathrazer of Ulamog - Doesn't have a cast trigger, but we cast eldrazi
- Baloth Woodcrasher - We are not in limited or in landfall
- Scaled Behemoth - We are not in limited
- Gauntlet of Power - We are in 2 Colors
- Lightning Greaves - our commander is frequently not a creature
- Swiftfoot Boots - our commander is frequently not a creature
- Imprisoned in the Moon - the green one is better
- Song of the Dryads - Better than imprison in the moon. Binds everything until removed
- Doubling Cube - Should be very awesome with kruphix
- Nature's Claim - cheap instant speed removal
- Paradox Engine - we run counters and can keep our nonland mana so this should yield a lot of mana
- Vedalken Orrery - I think we like a lot of flash in this deck
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir - Flash for us and slowmo for the others? Yes please!
- Dispel - cheaper than flash counter. Maybe play Swan Song instead of it.
- Everflowing Chalice - bestest manarock to dump mana in
- Brainstorm - best draw spell ever
- Staff of Nin - draw a card a turn and kill some mana dorks
- Fyndhorn Elves - mana dork
- Heroic Intervention - Protect's kurphix and therefore our accumulated mana
- Simic Charm - same as interverntion
- Turn Aside - see above. might be one too many but hey. if it's too much protection run more dorks.
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury - she spits dorks. could be very awesome
- Jace, the Mind Sculptor - Brainstorm every turn and an alternate wincon in a lockdown situation. Best walker ever.
1 week ago
With all of the Annihilator in the deck I dont think Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is needed but if you really want i would just take out a Titan. Akroma's Memorial was in one of the first drafts of this deck but I felt like Triumph of the Hordes was a better use of mana and slot. as for your last suggestion of Tooth and Nail, I like the idea of this card but havent play tested it. I would take out something like Mana Vault or a similar card with small impact in late game.
Thank you everyone for the suggestions I really like the idea of putting in Gauntlet of Power and Extraplanar Lens then fill out the deck with Snow-Covered Forests. Once I find someone to trade these to me I will add it to the deck.
2 weeks ago
Cool deck! Couple things I noticed and/or suggest.
You can't run the Bringer of the Red Dawn in this deck because it has different mana symbols in its rules text; the only kind of commander that can run it is a 5 color commander like Progenitus.
I don't think there's any reason to run Ancient Ziggurat, City of Brass, or Grand Coliseum. You're only wanting red most of the time, so unless you're just wanting to have different colors of mana for creatures you're taking, they're just lands that hurt you. Nykthos is a great choice. ;)
If you're wanting to deal some more damage with your commander, some equipment would be really cool; Nemesis Mask fits with the whole blocking thing, and if you wanted to give her vigilance, something as simple as Avacyn's Collar would come in handy.
Since you kind of have a "take all your creatures" thing going, you could use things like Ashnod's Altar so after you're done bashing your opponent with them, you can sac them and put out more good stuff, like fueling a Banefire
Good luck! Cool deck!
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
First post so bear with me. I have an Ensnaring Bridge from stronghold that I don't use for my deck, its in quite good condition, and I am looking for cards to add to my ur-dragon deck or my talrand deck. I also have some cards lying around not in use like Ramos, Dragon Engine Birds of Paradise and a foil prerelease Settle the Wreckage that I did open, but all three are in good condition. The following cards are some of the things I am looking for. Scourge of the Throne Patriarch's Bidding Expropriate Gauntlet of Power High Tide Pact of Negation Rhystic Study Mystic Remora Ancient Tomb some combination of these (as well as others) that adds up to roughly the price of the card is what im interested in. I can trade it to my local store for around 30 dollars so I am looking to get closer to the 40 value if possible. other cards may work, just list your request. I am new to the site so I am unsure of what to check outside of my inbox or the comment thread. Thanks!!