|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions (MPS)||Mythic Rare|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Gauntlet of Power
As Gauntlet of Power enters the battlefield, choose a color.
Creatures of the chosen color get +1/+1.
Whenever a basic land is tapped for mana of the chosen color, its controller adds one mana of that color to his or her mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||AllDayTayTay , ironax , metlguy , Pelli , Mortiferus_Rosa , mcstang1986 , Supremespeed , MyTotoro , Jauntu , mziter501 , Justinaut , cklise|
|Want (42)||kovellen , finn091 , RHF , almace , Dragonsound , iisfunnyman , , Maethanial , xpsychovampx , YouWillBeExpoded , samuelianstorm , Sicohippy , Nerubian , DogeSwaggins , kungfurabbi , richardmv , cj96.calimlim , mtgmanatee , klokwurk , Heavyjaw , psoliver , NinjaFist , smaps , DeifiedExile , zgriffin1989 , MasterRoach117 , wawa111 , KingMathoro , bekeleven , snoopywashere , Donktor_Jcon , Killingfool , CryAll , Turtlelover73 , adb_slayer , ericjohnsonia , vashaclarens , Desol4tion , obitus , lordlex , rocsta_ , Loading_Error|
Gauntlet of Power Discussion
5 days ago
Nissa, Worldwaker is a great planeswalker for this (using her second +1 of course), as is Garruk Wildspeaker for ramp. Exploration and Burgeoning are great for additional land drops. Temple of the False God is an important land too. Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is just an excellent way to help yourself and wreck your opponents. You'll definitely want to run Extraplanar Lens, Gauntlet of Power, Caged Sun, and Vernal Bloom for further ramp. A Gilded Lotus, and Thran Dynamo are good mana fixers too. I love Omnath as a commander. Check out my deck Welcome to the Jungle (Omnath fun and games). He's my favorite one.
1 month ago
I like the deck. It looks aggressive and fun at the same time, with a bit of randomness due to all the "discard your hand and draw seven cards" effects. Just a few things:
Leyline of Punishment is something of a nonbo with your other damage prevention and lifegain, it seems. Same with Skullcrack. I can see why they're in there, but at the same time they hamper your defenses. Stigma Lasher's ability works better in this regard, so long as someone doesn't hit you with it. Platinum Emperion is also good, as it at least locks your life total in place. I'm curious as to your thoughts for including these pieces?
Also, why Possibility Storm?
1 month ago
Cloudstone Curio can trigger off the Queen's tokens, letting you manasink into a (relatively) cheap dragon for a bunch of tokens a turn (hope you got a haste source!). Other than what you already got, you might want to consider Slumbering Dragon and/or Taurean Mauler for this purpose (although bouncing them is a nonbo with their respective abilities).
1 month ago
I understand this is a first strike matters deck however... Cut all the one drop vanilla first strike creatures. Ex: Warclamp Mastiff
Also most of your card selection is just weak.
Preeminent Captain is most often going to be a dead card in your hand like 70% of the time as this isn't a soldier deck.
Jousting Lance is just bad, there's a reason its common. There are a slew of equipment that is just strictly better. Same thing with short sword, and shield of the realm (just play Darksteel Plate)
Knight of Dawn is just strictly worse than Mother of Runes, highly suggest her.
If you will tell me what your budget is, like are you going all out or just every card below $5? 10$? Deck cost below a certain threshold? I'll add some more card suggestions.
1 month ago
Mogg Fanatic / Bloodstone Goblin / Goblin Spelunkers / Skirk Prospector / Spikeshot Goblin / Taurean Mauler / Pulse of the Forge / Radiating Lightning / Burning Wish / Seismic Shift / Grand Melee / Impact Tremors / Trove of Temptation
Cut these creatures and spells as soon as possible, none of them improve the Voltron wincon. You've got a lot of filler in here, I stopped adding cuts because it really depends how far you want to take this deck as well as what you'd budget for it. Mono red likes ramp, I'd recommend adding the mana doublers Gauntlet of Might / Gauntlet of Power and Caged Sun as well as some rocks Sol Ring and others. From your maybe board I'd include Goblin King / Blood Moon / Daretti, Scrap Savant and a few others. Mono red voltron is going to rely on you ramping up harder and controlling your opponents by destroying artifacts and land so Shattering Spree / Volcanic Offering / Incendiary Command / Mizzium Mortars / Fissure Vent/ Structural Distortion are all cards i'd recommend. Hope this helps, like I said it all depends on how far you want to take it but there are plenty of mono red staples that you don't have in here that would work well with a voltron build.
1 month ago
What about Emeria, The Sky Ruin? The ability to return things from the graveyard is always nice.
Odric, Lunarch Marshal could also be very useful, as he gives every other creature in the deck the same keyword abilities as everything (namely Zatalpa) during each combat.
1 month ago
I believe you will have serious mana problems with this deck, 20 lands just doesn't cut it in commander, even in a deck like elves it is much too low, so here where your average CMC is 3.68 the problem will be further accentuated. I would aim for 35/36 lands here so you need to find things to cut. Most of the equipment in my opinion can be cut, the ones that make Virtus unblockable being the keepable ones but even then juts barely, also I must compliment you, Tawnos's Wand is an incredible find. Additionally, I have personally always found auras to be sorely inefficient in commander unless they have a built in return mechanic or the commander is voltron which this isn't. I would remove these along with Mana Bloom which I don't think belongs in this deck. Other cards that can be cut include Platinum Emperion, I don't see the reason to run it its just taking space unless there is some combo I'm missing as well as Blood Tribute the kicker is never relevant and the effect, while on theme is by no means necessary here. I would also say you are a bit heavy on the board wipes in this deck, two or three would be the sweet spot in my opinion, those 3 being left to preference.Gauntlet of Power is another card I would cut.
2 months ago
- Thank you very much for the great compliment! This deck is my pride and joy and I try to work hard on it so its very nice to have that work recognized.
- Thank you for the compliment! It is surprising how broken a single color deck with a vanilla creature as its Commander can be. Regarding umbras, I would love to add more of them to the deck but their CMC is usually too high for the utility. If WOTC prints cheap umbras in new sets they will likely find their way into the deck.
- Great name and thanks for the love! Despite its restrictive nature, O-Naginata has been a powerhouse in this deck. I greatly enjoy Loxodon Warhammer but its equip cost is just too expensive!
- Another great name! While Gauntlet of Power does help our opponent I find the cheaper CMC is better unless our opponent is running a white weenies deck. Daily Regimen was actually in early versions of this deck until it got streamlined and better cards were printed. Getting to pump with leftover mana each turn is a great effect!
- I am not sure what you mean by "hard counters" but we have protection against counters with Cavern of Souls and a counter of our own. Its not much but our best strategy is to race in those kind of matches.
- I have not heard about that errata but I believe it to be true. Maybe that is why the Winter Orb was banned in 1v1 MTGO Commander ;)
- Early version of this deck did run Eldrazi Conscription as well as Enduring Ideal to tutor it up and attach it for only seven mana. While it resulted in some truly epic wins with an, often, Eldrazi Angel Hound it was dropped when the deck was streamlined. I miss those days sometimes.
- Thanks for the compliment! I will take a look at your deck and let you know my thoughts.