Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Radha, Heart of Keld
Legendary Creature — Elf Warrior
As long as it's your turn, Radha, Heart of Keld has first strike.
You may look at the top card of your library at any time, and you play lands from the top of your library.
: Radha gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of lands you control.
Recommendations View more recommendations
2 months ago
I tend to look for a Commander who does one thing extremely well that I can build off of. While multi-faceted Commanders such as Kenrith, the Returned King are really nice in their flexibility, for me personally, I struggle to draw their potential in. Some of the Commanders I have built in the past are:
Karametra, God of Harvests as an ETB Matters theme. Because she brings out lands, Landfall was a strong subtheme of the deck, since Landfall itself is limited. And yes this includes cards with "Landfall" not under such a name, such as Tireless Tracker and Zendikar's Roil. However, because I am also casting creatures, creature ETB is important, too. So Hornet Queen and Soul Sisters had their stay. Some cards, such as Avenger of Zendikar really exploded as they drew these two elements together. Lastly, because I wanted continuous use of my ETB effects, return-to-hand was also important. So Jeskai Barricade and similar effects were in play. What resulted was a, slow, well-oiled machine that could cast multiple ETB creatures per turn and explode a boardstate from nothing.
Oros, the Avenger was built as a Wrath's Matters build. This is because if you put deathtouch on Oros, his activation wrath's the board of all non-white creatures. To protect myself, every single creature in my deck had to have , in part or in whole. Then, the deck used every single card available in the game to permanently give Oros his deathtouch. In this way, I never had to hold back because I didn't have an instant or sorcery to cast. Or perhaps I did, but not enough mana to cast it and activate Oros in the same turn. So auras, equipment and permanent effects such as Deadly Wanderings. While cards such as Maze Abomination might sound good, being non-white meant it died the moment Oros resolved. So it becomes a one-time deal. Now, because of the sheer volume of mana required, the deck ran an absolute absurd amount of mana sources. I think I had like 17 mana rocks alone. For filler cards, any other wrath was used. This way, against decks, I could still hit the board hard.
Sidenote: If there are 7 creatures on the battlefield that Oros can hit, and he has lifelink, you just gained 3(7), or 21, life. That's how the deck stayed ahead. After I gained +200 life and nobody has any creatures left, I essentially could not be stopped.
- Radha, Heart of Keld was a Voltron-esque build who focused on as many land tutors as I could possibly get out, focusing on all basic lands so nothing ETB tapped. She was given ample protection. And then I topped it off with giant doublers, such as Xenagos, God of Revels and Unleash Fury. What resulted from here was a deck whose goal was to TKO any opponent in a single shot. Yes, infect was used as well. The deck name was Thick Thighs Save Lives. Lol.
So, as you can see, what I look for is a Commander who focuses on ONE mechanic or ability, and I tie in two or three supporting elements to ensure it runs smoothly. By implementing the deck construction in this way, I absolutely ensure I never draw into duds. It's either a useful land, ramp, or synergy support. No card every becomes wasted in my hand.
4 months ago
- Aura Shards + Mirari's Wake + Faeburrow Elder + Knight of Autumn + Knight of New Alara Eladamri's Call + Wildfield Borderpost
- Bard Class + Cindervines + Huntmaster of the Fells Flip + Klothys, God of Destiny + Radha, Heart of Keld + Xenagos, God of Revels + Decimate + Dire-Strain Rampage + Escape to the Wilds + Hull Breach + Firewild Borderpost
- Binding the Old Gods + Leyline Prowler + Windgrace's Judgment + Vraska, Golgari Queen + Culling Ritual + Maelstrom Pulse
- Hidetsugu Consumes All Flip + Kardur, Doomscourge + Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger + Olivia, Crimson Bride + Orcus, Prince of Undeath + Kolaghan's Command + Rakdos Charm + Dreadbore + Veinfire Borderpost
- Baleful Strix + Hostage Taker + Mistvein Borderpost
- Coiling Oracle + Rootcoil Creeper + Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath + Growth Spiral + Tamiyo, Collector of Tales + Bring to Light + Croaking Counterpart
- Elite Guardmage + Niambi, Esteemed Speaker + Soulherder + Faithful Mending + Fieldmist Borderpost
- General Ferrous Rokiric + Aurelia's Fury + Wear / Tear + Deafening Clarion + Solar Blaze
- Izzet Staticaster + Prismari Command + Expressive Iteration
- Despark + Fracture + Inkshield + Kaya's Guile + Merciless Eviction
- Fires of Invention + Ignoble Hierarch + Sylvan Caryatid + Blasphemous Act + Demonic Tutor + Farseek + Arcane Signet + Chromatic Lantern + Coalition Relic + Commander's Sphere + Panharmonicon + Tome of the Guildpact + Urza's Filter
10 months ago
Courser of Kruphix is probably the best due to the lifegain and being bolt proof, but if you vary your manadorks power enough, Augur of Autumn becomes nice, since you already have Sakura-Tribe Elder at one power. Radha, Heart of Keld can also become a win-condition on its own, due to its ability to pump itself.
I'd say your two top options are Courser of Kruphix and Radha, Heart of Keld for your current list, if you wanted to play lands from the top of your deck, eliminating "dead" draws and essentially generating card advantage.
I've found 2-3 of this functionality works best in a list, as duplicates aren't the greatest (lifegain stacks if you have duplicates though, so Courser of Kruphix is better as a duplicate).
11 months ago
Augur of Autum: Neat alternative to Courser & Radha, Heart of Keld. Achieving Coven so that you can do Creature card-based card advantage is a bit "win more", but it's still a neat bonus to the default extra land-playing.
1 year ago
Anger Scute Swarm Titana, Protector of Argoth Fabled Passage Thespian's Stage Field of the Dead Dark Depths Ancient Greenwarden Constant Mists Nissa of Shadowed Boughs Valakut Exploration Bala Ged Recovery Flip Valakut Awakening Flip Radha, Heart of Keld Tireless Tracker Tireless Provisioner Azusa, Lost but Seeking
1 year ago
Font of Fertility , Wayfarer's Bauble , Beanstalk Giant , Sakura-Tribe Elder Khalni Heart Expedition you can store the charges on it until you want to trigger landfall
Seer's Sundial , Colossal Majesty , Aid from the Cowl (fetchlands make this happen), Beast Whisperer , Guardian Project ,
land: Kessig Wolf Run , Castle Garenbrig , Mosswort Bridge , Gruul Turf , Guildless Commons . The 2 bounce lands can target themselves, so you can reuse next turn if you don,t have lands in hand lategame. With Azusa, you can bounce it 3x for 3 landfall triggers.
extra: Hammer of Purphoros Fires of Yavimaya Radha, Heart of Keld , Kenrith's Transformation , Song of the Dryads , Vivien, Champion of the Wilds , Lignify , Vivien, Monsters' Advocate , Cindervines , Bonecrusher Giant
1 year ago
There are some cards that let you play off the top of your library that I would count as card draw: Radha, Heart of Keld , Oracle of Mul Daya , Courser of Kruphix , Elsha of the Infinite , Realmwalker , Vizier of the Menagerie .
Some impulse draw you're missing: Bell Borca, Spectral Sergeant , Dark-Dweller Oracle , Chandra, Torch of Defiance , Showdown of the Skalds , Theater of Horrors , Apex of Power , Birgi, God of Storytelling Flip, Ignite the Future , Jeska's Will , Magmatic Channeler , Soulfire Eruption , Valakut Exploration .
1 year ago
BigRed907 Both are nice, before I saw your comment I was watching a video on a Naya Land's Wrath deck which used Awakening of Vitu-Ghazi, I do also like the idea of Waker of the Wilds. I figure I probably want one or the other, and Nissa, Steward of Elements feels like the right card to cut. The +2 is super bad, the 0 is actually pretty good, and the ult is just meh. Also considering Radha, Heart of Keld for that same slot, we'll see.