|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Rare|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Rare|
|Future Sight (FUT)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature with another Aura attached to it
Enchanted creature gets +3/+3 and has first strike, vigilance, and lifelink. (Whenever it deals damage, its controller gains that much life.)
Daybreak Coronet Discussion
1 week ago
Wow, a wall of text with potentially useful advice.
"is not really needed since most cards are instants and can be cast immediately after attacking with Narset."
A simple Manalith would aid in getting out Narset. As it stands, you will only be able to get Narset on turn 6, assuming you don't miss a land drop.
- You have no haste granting cards, so your strategy will only take off on turn 7 if you are lucky and nobody plays an Edict effect..
- Most people can gain a significant advantage by turn 7 if all goes well. No amount of counters can stop 3 opponent's from building their boards. You'll be a sitting duck most of the time.
There is a reason almost all commander decks run a Sol Ring . The faster you can play your strategy, the more likely you are to win.
"unless they are instant cards i don't really need them."
- Chemister's Insight is strictly better than Inspiration . There is no reason you cannot use both, but Chemister's Insight has far more utility.
- Counterspell , Archmage's Charm , Sinister Sabotage , Thought Collapse , and Dissolve are all strictly better than Cancel , and those are the cheap $$$ counters.
- Lightning Bolt and Skewer the Critics are strictly better than Lightning Strike and Wizard's Lightning especially considering you don't have any wizards.
- Your deck runs Lifelink . The card itself is cheap, but by the time your Commander is out, cost shouldn't be a consideration. Cards like Daybreak Coronet and Steel of the Godhead provide you with far more utility.
Questionably, you are running Artificer's Epiphany with only one artifact in the deck.
- You are running 11 counters as control. Those 11 counters won't do you any good with Narset unless you plan to counter your own spells. Running cards like Disperse keeps stuff off the field and will be still be useful if you happen to exile it later on.
Your burn spells won't do much against larger creatures either.
"this is not a budget deck. budget, mana or money, is not a priority. if it somehow is then it is merely a coincidence."
- I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but I feel the need to advise you that:
- Your mana base does, in fact, matter.
- You have far better options for cards.
- The only reason to play this deck as it is, is if you were on a budget. If you are not, then you can certainly replace the cards with better versions.
2 months ago
You don't have to go overboard on the Voltron strategy if you don't want to, you could instead play a simple, but effective 4-5 auras to enchant Zur:
- Empyrial Armor : win condition with Necropotence and/or no max hand size ( Reliquary Tower , Thought Vessel ) and/or other auras.
- Diplomatic Immunity : protect Zur.
- Steel of the Godhead
- Daybreak Coronet : vigilance is helpful.
- Ethereal Armor
Zur's ability to get and choose from lots of enchantments is great for a control toolbox:
Protection for you - Solitary Confinement : powerful with Necropotence; it makes sure you have cards in your hand to discard to keep the protection. Yes, any card you discard to keep Confinement will be exiled, but that's fine when you have tons of cards in your hand to choose from.
Protection for Zur - Diplomatic Immunity : when you get an aura with Zur it enters the battlefield without being cast therefore it doesn't target. Even if a creature has shroud you can enchant that creature with that aura. Shielded by Faith , Kaya's Ghostform
Graveyard hate - Rest in Peace
Land disruption - Back to Basics : powerful land disruption if you build your manabase around basic lands. Signets and Talismans can really help if going the basic land route. Mana Breach , Overburden
Reanimation - Animate Dead
2 months ago
its alot, but the following cards i would consider to be your Voltron support. this would mean we are including A LOT of enchantments. I have found as much synergy as i could, but im sure its food for thought. Trophy Mage , Heliod's Pilgrim , Bruna, Light of Alabaster , Sram, Senior Edificer , Sovereigns of Lost Alara , Invocation of Saint Traft , Danitha Capashen, Paragon , Silverblade Paladin , Blackblade Reforged , Sword of the Animist , Swiftfoot Boots (for the haste), Ethereal Armor , Holy Mantle , Shielded by Faith , Daybreak Coronet , Mesa Enchantress (if you go heavier on enchantments), Trailblazer's Boots (OP OP in EDH),
Approach of the Second Sun can win a game out of nowhere
2 months ago
3 months ago
Hell yeah! Another heroics deck! I have one too but Daxos the Returned commands mine, same idea tho.
Some creatures that I don't see here that could benefit the deck are Celestial Ancient , Danitha Capashen, Paragon Dawnbringer Charioteers , Graceblade Artisan , Lagonna-Band Trailblazer , Sram, Senior Edificer , Wingsteed Rider , Umbra Mystic and my personal favorite Thran Golem .
Some enchantments I really like in my deck are Celestial Mantle , Daybreak Coronet , Divine Favor , Face of Divinity , Griffin Guide , Hope Against Hope , On Serra's Wings Angelic Destiny and Bonds of Faith can go offensive or defensive. You should look into some umbras like Felidar Umbra and Hyena Umbra .
I realize I've only suggested white cards but that's the only overlapping color our decks share.
Sorry to spam this comment with so much but I got excited. I love the heroic mechanic and I'm glad to see other people utilizing it. A big enchanted +1 from me!
3 months ago
Hey, nice budget deck and good upgrade of the precon.
Consider adding more low mana cost auras? Especially ones that can give Tuvasa evasion. She should be your main source of damage to opponents, Commander damage; I would focus on that. Other than the Enchantresses I don't see a need for lots of other creatures.
Budget cards ($3 or less each) to consider adding:
Overbeing, Oversoul and Godhead are great with Tuvasa because she's three colors. Boots, Cover and Authority are low mana cost ways to protect Tuvasa from targeted removal with hexproof. Cover and Authority also provide potential evasion.
For cuts to consider my advice is to cut many of the high mana cost cards to help to reduce the avg. CMC of your deck. Take more advantage of three drop Tuvasa and the Enchantresses by adding more low mana cost enchantments.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Blossoming Sands
- Meandering River
- Thornwood Falls
- Tranquil Cove
- Tranquil Expanse
- Woodland Stream
- Take Possession
- Martial Coup
- Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle
- Celestial Ancient
- Heavenly Blademaster
- Hydra Omnivore
- Nylea's Colossus
- Silent Sentinel
- Bruna, Light of Alabaster
- Octopus Umbra
- Faith Unbroken
3 months ago
Thanks for the upvote Nerdytimesorwhatever, your timing was perfect in asking that question, as I got to play the deck for the first time in months the day before. I cut a couple cards - Crop Rotation and Land Tax , as they didn't have much impact when drawn, as I found myself wanting more auras or answers to threats instead. I also removed Daybreak Coronet for now, as it just feels like a win-more aura rather than a game-breaker. In those card slots, I added Mark of Fury , Kithkin Armor and Flickering Ward , which I'm not sure why I didn't have in the deck previously, as 1-cmc options that provide solid evasion or haste and two that can recur themselves to help cantrip my enchatresses were immediate upgrades.
As far as top performers go, Spirit Mantle , Spirit en-Dal and Seize the Day are always welcome sights, as they result in a very high win probability once Uril hits the board. As fun as the deck is though, it's very difficult to play in my meta with more than one opponent, as I play a lot of cEDH, and this deck will draw all the hate from others even as the combo decks prepare to end the game. 1v1 is where it shines most, and then it's a real handful.
Daybreak Coronet occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.05%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%