Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature with another Aura attached to it
Enchanted creature gets +3/+3 and has first strike, vigilance, and lifelink. (Whenever it deals damage, its controller gains that much life.)
|Have (2)||, gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (2)||gobzombie , CreepZilla|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Rare|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Rare|
|Future Sight (FUT)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Daybreak Coronet occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.05%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Daybreak Coronet Discussion
1 month ago
I feel like you could use better auras to clear out opponents faster. Some stuff like Battle Mastery will give him double strike and that +2/+2 from his ability is already super dangerous.
Scourge of the Nobilis May as well be +4/+4 with a fire breathing ability and lifelink. Runes of the Deus is 5 mana but it should pretty much be a KO on a person if it attaches to your commander and sticks.
Daybreak Coronet is an alright one with all the stuff it gives, but you’ll need to have an aura on his body already.
Rancor is a classic aura in green to give your big guy trample so he can get that damage through.
2 months ago
Yo Paeldroth, glad ya like it!
My usual go to is usually any type of protection. It's usually Shielding Plax as it gives Tuvasa hexproof and the main way of her dying is usually by exile from a stray Swords or Path. Vanishing or Flickering Ward is my alternative way to protect her with Privileged Position is my last way.
In terms for what I tutor up...it all really depends. She is so versatile that you have answers to any situation. You need unblockable? Steel of the Godhead. You need Trample? Rancor. You need life? Daybreak Coronet. Extra damage? Ancestral Mask or Battle Mastery.
Hope that helps!
2 months ago
(Hope I'm not bothering too much by clogging up your comment & notification space)
Cloudstone Curio could, as usual, provide pretty good value here; each Aura you cast with Siona out lets you reuse another Aura and/or ETB creature. If that appeals you then you might want more CMC 1 Auras, One with Nature & Multani's Harmony seem decent of the ones left. Maybe even Mortal Obstinacy instead of Aura Mutation ?
3 months ago
Funkydiscogod I really like the Tallowisp + Oppressive Rays combo. I don't like the specific Ordeal of Nylea suggestion as it seems way too slow and easily disrupted, but think something like Daybreak Coronet could be ok.
In general, I think that this Celestial Kirin idea is way too fragile and needs a ton of synergy to be effective. I have been looking at arcane and spirit spells and like Horobi's Whisper , Nether Spirit , Peer Through Depths , and Ethereal Haze just as cards. I still don't think there's quite enough, but maybe Tallowisp , Oppressive Rays , and Pacifism could make it good.
4 months ago
Being a Timmy, I'd love to make some kind of Legendary Creature who produces 1/1 white Bird creature tokens with flying, or something that creates a 4/4 white Angel creature token tapped and attacking that both has flying and vigilance (It enters tapped and attacking, but all subsequent rounds it does not tap to attack).
However, nesting a card in the top-15 as Ziusdra requested means I have to think less with my heart and more with my noggin; Something I am not keen on doing, haha!
But okay, here we go. It might not be Spike-level, but it will at least be a strong Johnny card.
Ematra, Pride of the Sun
Legendary Creature - Cat Warrior Cleric
You may exert Ematra, Pride of the Sun as she attacks. When you do, choose one -
- Create two 2/2 white Cat Warrior creature tokens tapped and attacking.
- Draw a card. If Ematra is equipped or enchanted, you may first scry 1.
- Exile target creature with converted mana cost 3 or less.
She can be the Commander for an Anthem / White Weenies deck, a Voltron / Prison deck, or a Prison / Control deck. She can also do all three if you'd rather go wide and be diverse, using value cards such as Cathars' Crusade , Anointed Procession , Moonsilver Spear and Daybreak Coronet .
Challenge: Make another valuetown Commander for any color combination your heart desires.
5 months ago
In the spirit of giving deckbuilding advice, and at the risk of sounding a bit obtuse, I don't think this deck is going to be competitive in Modern. Your only real protection is Sphere of Safety , which is too slow for Modern, and you will not realistically be able to benefit from either Celestial Ancient or Sigil of the Empty Throne , since you'll likely be tapped out after casting either, and will have to wait a whole turn before you can get any benefit. Finally, auras are just a bad strategy in a format with so much removal--your opponent can easily take out two of your cards using one of his or her own.
That said, Selesnya enchantments can be a fairly competitive deck, but it is an aggressive one, rather than a control one. The deck, often known as Bogles or Aura Hexproof, revolves around Slippery Bogle , Gladecover Scout , and Kor Spiritdancer to quickly drop low-cost hexproof creatures then start swinging with cheap enchantments like Rancor and other 1 mana auras (as well as Daybreak Coronet and maybe 1-2 copies of Spirit Mantle ).
However, if you want to keep with this plan, here are a few suggestions:
5 months ago
Wow, a wall of text with potentially useful advice.
"is not really needed since most cards are instants and can be cast immediately after attacking with Narset."
A simple Manalith would aid in getting out Narset. As it stands, you will only be able to get Narset on turn 6, assuming you don't miss a land drop.
- You have no haste granting cards, so your strategy will only take off on turn 7 if you are lucky and nobody plays an Edict effect..
- Most people can gain a significant advantage by turn 7 if all goes well. No amount of counters can stop 3 opponent's from building their boards. You'll be a sitting duck most of the time.
There is a reason almost all commander decks run a Sol Ring . The faster you can play your strategy, the more likely you are to win.
"unless they are instant cards i don't really need them."
- Chemister's Insight is strictly better than Inspiration . There is no reason you cannot use both, but Chemister's Insight has far more utility.
- Counterspell , Archmage's Charm , Sinister Sabotage , Thought Collapse , and Dissolve are all strictly better than Cancel , and those are the cheap $$$ counters.
- Lightning Bolt and Skewer the Critics are strictly better than Lightning Strike and Wizard's Lightning especially considering you don't have any wizards.
- Your deck runs Lifelink . The card itself is cheap, but by the time your Commander is out, cost shouldn't be a consideration. Cards like Daybreak Coronet and Steel of the Godhead provide you with far more utility.
Questionably, you are running Artificer's Epiphany with only one artifact in the deck.
- You are running 11 counters as control. Those 11 counters won't do you any good with Narset unless you plan to counter your own spells. Running cards like Disperse keeps stuff off the field and will be still be useful if you happen to exile it later on.
Your burn spells won't do much against larger creatures either.
"this is not a budget deck. budget, mana or money, is not a priority. if it somehow is then it is merely a coincidence."
- I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but I feel the need to advise you that:
- Your mana base does, in fact, matter.
- You have far better options for cards.
- The only reason to play this deck as it is, is if you were on a budget. If you are not, then you can certainly replace the cards with better versions.