Song of the Dryads
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted permanent is a colorless Forest land.
|Want (3)||TrashPanda69 , humpfree69 , plibt|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Song of the Dryads occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Song of the Dryads Discussion
3 days ago
I'd cut Darksteel Ingot in favor of a Sol Ring, Wurm's Tooth for an Arcane Signet, Explosive Vegetation with a Nature's Lore, Land Grant by a Three Visits, replace Pulse of Murasa with Bala Ged Recovery Flip, remove Tribute to the Wild for Force of Vigor, and exchange Entangling Vines in favor of Song of the Dryads. :)
1 week ago
Song of the Dryads is incredibly versatile removal that can even stop someone's commander. I would recommend swapping it for Gauntlet of Power. Green is very popular in commander, and giving your opponents a mana boost will often give them the power to contain you.
2 weeks ago
Cool thematic deck, looks fun to play.
I don't know your card pool or budget, but I prefer relying on fetches and shocks than having the 3-colored slow lands. Whenever I see a mana base with this many lands that enter the battle field tapped I can't help but think of Amulet of Vigor. An Enlightened Tutor could allow to find it early and still be helpful in late game. A City of Brass or a Mirrodin's Core could come in handy.
Arguably, Song of the Dryads is a stronger removal than Kenrith's Transformation. Three Visits is faster than Spoils of Victory, you can fetch a Triome (or a shock land) and play it for free on turn 2. You can Fetch 2 Triomes with Krosan Verge.
Hope some of this helps!
2 weeks ago
Hey there! I have a few suggestions you might just like!
- Fauna Shaman: It's a shaman, it's a great tutor, and it's cheap in mana. Seems like it would fit in great!
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx: Fits in great with any mono-colored deck!
- Strip Mine: Great in any deck, especially in mono-colored ones where you almost always have the colors you need available anyway
- Ancient Tomb: Could easily be that two mana in your commander's mana cost, and is great EDH staple.
- Lignify, Song of the Dryads, Kenrith's Transformation: A great form of creature hate in mono-green. This can be horrible on someone's commander especially if they have no means of removing it. The same goes for a combo piece or just any great creature.
- Heroic Intervention: A great way of protecting your pieces, since it would seriously suck if all the shamans got wiped out
- Collective Unconscious: Another form of shamanic revelation, both of which are reasons to include Reliquary Tower
- Triumph of the Hordes: Could be an entire other wincon if you have a bunch of shamans out
- Wild Growth/Utopia Sprawl: Great ways to ramp in small amounts before you put your commander out
- Sol Ring: It's not a shaman, but still one of the most powerful cards in edh. Definitely add it.
- Three Visits/Nature's Lore: Just like the previous two, these are great ways to ramp before you put out shamans, speeding up your game by a ton
- Jeweled Lotus: I hate that they made this card, but it could basically let you play your commander turn 1. Definitely add it if you have the budget.
- Extraplanar Lens: Kill a forest, and double THEM ALL. You have a lot of basic forests, and I think this card could work very well for you because of that.
- Nissa, Who Shakes the World: This one is much more debatable, but the regular ability is great for ramping and the final ability is just wonderful for you because of all of the forests you have.
- Helix Pinnacle: You have so much ramp and Nissa as previously mentioned would be insane. This guy could be a great win con and act as something to pool all your mana into.
- Nyxbloom Ancient: All your shamans tap for 6?!?!?! Seems great- especially since you can ramp to put it out and fit with the decks theme.
- Caged Sun: Great in a mono-colored deck, buffs all the shamans, and gives you more mana. Could be a great option if you like these sort of doubling and tripling cards.
- Wolf-Skull Shaman: You run a LOT of shamans, and this guy lets you take that fact and benefit it, giving you a ton of tokens over time.
- Birds of Paradise: A great way of building the ramp base from early on, and works as a great blocker if you need to block something big over time since it has flying.
- Burgeoning/Exploration: If you keep the amount of lands you have at the moment, using these guys could make you go crazy and have a bunch of lands. In a four player game, Burgeoning could give you 5 mana turn 2.
- Arcane Signet: Another great way of supporting the mana base early on
I'm afraid that's all I have, just keep in mind, I recommended a lot of stuff that helps you PRE shaman ramp, and if you include too much of that you start drifting away from the shaman theme- don't do that. However just including a few of the better ones might help a ton. And so, good luck on your deck my friend it seems super cool, consider checking out some of my decks, hope this helps, and have a wonderful day. Happy tapping!
2 weeks ago
I love tribal decks and you seem to have a solid base for your elves here but there are a few recommendations I have that may prove helpful.
Your commander will be a VERY high target so I would run some protective measures to keep him around like Yavimaya Hollow and Asceticism as it adds some regeneration protection to your commander although some of the options are pricey.
Removal is always useful and a good option is Song of the Dryads being a cheaper option then Desert Twister that as a plus empowers Elvish Champion, forestwalk... no one ever seems to notice that or care about it until your elves get +6/+6.
I personally love Nissa Revane and Nissa's Chosen for the life gain effects and blocker alone, the ultimate is just a bonus. Another fun choice is Immaculate Magistrate, this card is great for making players hesitant to block or attack you and will often eat a removal spell that would have been better aimed at your commander. Funny uses include politicking with this card since the target does not have to be YOUR creatures, you have not lived untill you have seen a 10/11 Birds of Paradise terrorizing the enemy.
Bring doom to your foes by empowering your commander or unblocked attackers with elves like Wirewood Channeler, or any others that can add more then three mana, paired with Umbral Mantle or Sword of the Paruns. One thing worth mentioning is that Umbral Mantle is almost a backup commander empowering mana producers before the attack, most people unfamiliar with the card wont see this coming.
1 month ago
There are some cards in your maybeboard that shoudn`t be there, they should be in your deck:
-Exploration: It can allow you to cast a turn 2 Tuvasa, which can be critical. It's also nice to be able to play two lands per turn in a deck that can draw lots of cards, woudn`t you agree?
-Song of the dryads: One of THE removal spells in Enchantress. It can be VERY hard for some colors to remove, you can effectively turn off your opponents commanders with it, until they can find removal, which leads us to the next card:
-Privileged Position: It's one of those cards that can turn a game upside down just by themselves. It's more important in enchantress decks because you can copy it Mirrormade, and because many of your removal spells will be permanents as well Song of the Dryads, Imprisoned in the Moon, Grasp of Fate.
1 month ago
1 month ago
+1 I'm just slither into the comments....
Beast Within - Removal at instant speed
Never underestimate removal