Artifact — Equipment
Living weapon (When this equipment enters the battlefield, create a 0/0 black Phyrexian Germ creature token, then attach this to it.)
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each artifact and/or enchantment you control.
|Have (3)||gpuddleduck , , CompleteWaste|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
1 week ago
Hey, well done so far on budget upgrade of the precon, but there's some filler cards here that look out of place.
If you want to go the direction of more enchantments/auras then Tuvasa the Sunlit as Bant Commander is someone to consider instead of Galea since she interacts much better with enchantments. Currently you have a mix of both enchantments and equips and that direction does go well with Galea as Commander. Consider adding more cards that have interaction with both auras and equips?
- Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist --> Valiant Endeavor
- Open the Armory --> Contingency Plan
- Armored Skyhunter --> Assault Suit
- All That Glitters --> Prodigious Growth
- Nettlecyst --> Collective Blessing
Galea doesn't have built-in protection which is what you want with a voltron Commander and a good upgrade you've done is Darksteel Plate. Swiftfoot Boots and Winged Boots are nice from the precon, but consider others than also give evasion?
When Galea has huge power then being able to attack unblocked can outright end an opponent with lethal Commander damage. Flying and trample evasion is not as a sure way as unblockable.
- Aqueous Form --> Index
- Steel of the Godhead --> Shielding Plax
- Prowler's Helm --> Blessed Spirits
- Rogue's Passage --> Tranquil Thicket
Good luck with your deck.
3 weeks ago
Some of the low cost graveyard recursion cards like Scrap Trawler, Junk Diver, Myr Retriever, and Workshop Assistant can help keep you going late game when someone removes your combo pieces / best creatures.
Nettlecyst is a great new card that gives you another big body for cheap, definitely better than Pennon Blade, or great along side it.
1 month ago
This is a cool concept deck.
I feel like the easist method would be to get to 18 and boost twice - the simplest would be +3/+0 from the ability and then double power, costing 13 mana total, or 6 1 turn and 7 the next. Alternatively, ifninite red mana instant wins with the dragon or a way to search for it.
Shuko points to Golem-Skin Gauntlets/Cranial Plating/Nettlecyst. By pairing it with p/t boosts you could have a more reliable threat that happens to combo off if you get it perfect, but it doesn't feel as efficient even if its more reliable. The artifacts theme might be sweet if its paired with treasure tokens or Pentad Prism type effects to power the combo, but it would need some sacrifice effects to make sure you could get back under 20 power in a pinch.
Speaking personally, I'd go for a casual G/R list, with Xenagos, God of Revels/Exponential Growth/Soul's Might and a +1/+1 counters theme with Death's Presence and 'sac for red' creatures like Satyr Hedonist. Its a cool idea for a casual table. Drumhunter is neat.
A second creature that has a cool 'hit big power' ability would be nice - Mossbridge Troll is neat - I might theme around Bloodshot Trainee and Greenhilt Trainee. Minion of the Mighty is a cute intended synergy.
1 month ago
Goblin Engineer is interesting. I remember seeing a UW Urza, Lord High Artificer deck that used Vial and Oswald Fiddlebender to help assemble the Thopter Foundry/Sword of the Meek combo; maybe a Jeskai Urza deck with Oswald and Engineer could be in the cards somewhere?
I don't think I'd play Charming Prince over another card in the main here. The deck only runs 9 creatures that get any value at all from flickering, and of those Ranger-Captain of Eos is the only one without severely diminishing returns. For example, you only need Stoneforge Mystic's etb to resolve once to get your most powerful equipment, Kaldra Compleat; the second Stoneforge gets Nettlecyst which is okay, but after that flickering it isn't very good. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
2 months ago
The Ways To Victory
- ULTRON: Get enough buffs on a single creature, attack with it and kill people one by one. One Kaldra Compleat on Galea may be enough, as well as one Scytheclaw or Nettlecyst . Having Vigilance, Galea will also serve as a blocker. Use Unquestioned Authority or Thassa, God of the Sea to pass unblocked, though you can also use flyers. Personally I don't like this way much, as it "lacks of style", and killing opponents one by one may be too slow. But it could be more stylish if you steal the opponent's creature (there are 3 Auras for that) and kill everybody with it!
- KILL AND STEAL: Play Promise of Loyalty , then just steal the most powerful creature. Alternatively, you may protect Galea with Darksteel Plate and convince another player to play a board wipe, keeping your stealing/disrupting Auras in your hand.
- TRIDENT PUNCH: Play Surestrike Trident on something very very big, but without evasion, and kill players without attacking them. This works even with Glacial Chasm in play! If you have enough mana, you can even combo with Umbral Mantle , hitting several times per turn.
- DESTROY THE WORLD: Get Worldslayer with Kaldra Compleat or Darksteel Plate . Hit somebody, destroy all permanents except for your world slayer. Argentum Armor is a light version of this strategy.
2 months ago
Hope that Wyleth has drawn into a creature, or Nettlecyst .
Try not to cry.
Cry a lot.
You could go further and include an animating/token making land or two for backup.
Yeah Scavenger Grounds is just showing a minimum responsibility; a suite of answers is IMO something everyone in a playgroup should run, if only because it's not fun when someone just runs away with things and nobody is doing anything about it.
2 months ago
Lord_Rivandere: I'm glad this deck inspires you, in all its MANY incarnations!
Yeah, the current version is definitely much more complex to pilot than the early versions -- the synergies are less obvious, but they're still there!
There's a few more ways to flip Avacyn you might have missed! Beyond the four obvious self-sacrifice creatures ( Benevolent Bodyguard , Ranger-Captain of Eos , Selfless Spirit , and Remorseful Cleric ), we also have two other controllable death triggers in Solitude 's evoke ability and the germ when we unequip Nettlecyst . Also, Ranger of Eos almost always retrieves Benevolent Bodyguard as one of its two creatures, so that's essentially a guaranteed flip as well :)
And sometimes it's worth just using a Sword of Fire and Ice or Umezawa's Jitte trigger to hit our own things in a pinch ;) But yeah, the flip damage has become a bit less of a true FOCUS and more of a... deterrent? "You'd better not block/kill/attack my hatebear, otherwise Avacyn will Purify your battlefield with deathtouch!"
I don't quite understand something you said: why can't I use Fiery Emancipation without flipping Avacyn?
And yeah, there are SO many things I want to add to this deck... Hope of Ghirapur seems playable again given Urza's Saga , I want to find a slot for Kaldra Compleat so I can cheat it out with Stoneforge (and get another death trigger off the germ), and there's at least 4 cards I'm definitely testing in Avacyn from the new set ( Share the Spoils , Fighter Class , Oswald Fiddlebender , Mantle of the Ancients) and like 20 more I'm considering (including Robe of Stars)... This deck does so many things, though (voltron-control-hatebears-combo), that it's really hard to find slots...
I'd love to talk further about Avacyn whenever you want! You can either ask me here, or reach out on Discord: daedalus#8885