Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Gideon's Reproach deals 4 damage to target attacking or blocking creature.
1 year ago
Aegis Angel is a good card, don't get me wrong, but currently given the low number of Angels in the deck as a whole and with no Angel tribal, it might be worth looking into Avacyn, Angel of Hope or, some more budget options, Indestructibility, Gift of Immortality, Kindred Boon, Shielded by Faith, Spirit Bonds, or Timely Ward. All of these grant a single creature indestructible for a lower cost, albeit they are not attached to a big flier.
Nothing for Ajani's Pridemate. It's just a good card. If you're interested in other similar cards, Light of Promise, Archangel of Thune, Gideon's Company, Cleric Class, Heliod, Sun-Crowned, Cradle of Vitality, Celestial Unicorn, and Nykthos Paragon are some good ones.
Archetype of Courage seems a bit weak to me personally. Enchantment creature cards with the same mana value that are white and better for your deck (at least from my POV) include Eidolon of Countless Battles and Heliod, Sun-Crowned.
Banisher Priest is good.
Captain of the Watch and Cataclysmic Gearhulk are both good cards, though the latter doesn't seem to work too awfully well with your deck. I would consider putting in another destroy boardwipe such as Wrath of God or Fumigate.
Chardalyn Dragon is pretty bad, even for an artifact flier. Other fliers with the same mana value include Adarkar Valkyrie, Admonition Angel, Ancestor Dragon, Angelic Skirmisher, Archon of Coronation, Aven Brigadier, Empyrial Storm, et cetera... white is ton of amazing fliers! Put 'em to good use! XD If you specifically want an artifact creature to replace it, Wurmcoil Engine is a good one.
Glint-Sleeve Artisan is interesting, and I see how it plays into a bit of your artifact synergies, but if you want that, just use an artifact creature like Adaptive Automaton, Cloudsteel Kirin, or Etched Champion.
Heliod's Pilgrim has a good effect and it's flavorful, just keep in mind you only have two Auras in the deck.
Kozilek's Channeler is a decent card, but given you like small creatures I'm not sure that paying extra for a big body is a great benefit. Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo, Arcane Signet, and if you want to splurge Pearl Medallion are all good ramp in white.
Lagonna-Band Elder can be replaced by one of the cards I told you about in my previous comment.
From there, all your cards are great until Soulmender, which again can be replaced by one of the cards in my previous comment, or even Fountain of Renewal. Same with Stone Haven Medic and Sungrace Pegasus.
Welcoming Vampire is good too.
Feat of Resistance is nice.
Gods Willing is good.
Aligned Hedron Network is good.
Font of Vigor - see previous comment
Sunlance - any other removal that I've mentioned
Also consider Sphere of Safety.
I hope all this helps! ^^" it took a bit to write up but I think it'll help introduce you to some staples and ways about thinking about deckbuilding and power level. I sent you a friend request so that we can keep in touch and so that I can see and help you with your future decks!
2 years ago
Gideon's Reproach is good for cheap removal. Great deck!
3 years ago
21- Plains 4 - Sungrace Pegasus 4 - Knight of the White Orchid 4 - Aerial Responder 3 - Ajani's Pridemate 3 - Fencing Ace 2 - Stone Haven Medic 2 - Gideon's Company 2 - Twinblade Paladin 2 - Impassioned Orator 4 - Desperate Lunge 4 - Gideon's Reproach 3 - Riot Control 1 - Ajani, Inspiring Leader
Any help would be appreciated; whether cards need to be replaced or maybe even going multi-colored instead of mono white.
4 years ago
Some of the cards you're running aren't the best in commander. Some cards I'd look at cutting are Renewed Faith , Repel the Darkness , Gideon's Reproach , Vengeance , Tectonic Rift , Demotion , Demolish , Screaming Shield , and Fresh-Faced Recruit .
There are a variety of cards you could look at adding, depending on the exact focus of your deck. Some cards you will likely want regardless however are Boros Charm , Swords to Plowshares , Path to Exile , Smothering Tithe , Commander's Sphere , Solemn Simulacrum , Burnished Hart , Staff of Nin , and Marshal's Anthem
4 years ago
Lightmine Field and Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile would argue it’s merely a color pie shift. Also white has characteristically had damage during combat type effects. Gideon's Reproach and etc. Rain of Blades Marrow Shards
4 years ago
Sure. I'd use all of the cards you ordered besides Thalia's Lieutenant , which isn't great here since there aren't enough Humans in your deck to make good use of it and it's more suited for an aggro plan. You should have a playset of Inquisition, Lingering Souls , Martyr of Sands , Squadron Hawk , and 2 Day of Judgment in the main, with the other 2 Days of Judgment in the sideboard (assuming you got a playset of it). Cut 1 Dusk / Dawn , 2 Fumigate , 1 Ironwright's Cleansing , 3 Never / Return , 1 Decommission , 2 Gideon's Reproach , 1 Approach of the Second Sun , 1 Renewed Faith , 1 Restoration Gearsmith , 1 Aerial Responder , 2 Grasp of Darkness , 1 Authority of the Consuls , and 1 Murder to make room.
There are functional replacements for Path that you can use: Condemn and Oust . I'd replace the Fatal Push, Murder, and 2 Grasps of Darkness with a 2/2 split of those until you get Paths since you want as many white cards as possible for Martyr. You might also want to consider getting Thraben Inspector for some card draw, Ranger of Eos to get more Martyrs, and a couple Proclamation of Rebirth .
4 years ago
What types of decks do you usually play against? Knowing that will help people give advice. For some general tips, I would cut all of the "standard" cards that you're playing right now because most all of them are too slow, not powerful enough for modern, or have better versions of the card available: 1 Dusk / Dawn , 2 Fumigate , 1 Ironwright's Cleansing , 2 Never / Return , 1 Decommission , 2 Gideon's Reproach . I would also cut the 4 Authority of the Consuls , but they could be reasonable depending on what you play against. In their place, you should play some of the Modern "Staples" as they'll help increase the competitivity of your deck (look up modern staples if you don't know what I'm talking about). In your colors, Path to Exile is the most important considering the current meta. 1-mana discard spells such as Inquisition of Kozilek and Thoughtseize are played in virtually every deck that plays black; they'll give you an edge against control and combo and are still very useful vs aggro and midrange. The downside of those staples is that they cost a lot of money. If that's a trouble for you, I can suggest some other cards that are at least semi-competitive, though again it would help to know what you play against.
If you really like gaining life, take a look at a Martyr Proc deck (example: Martyr Proc). Martyr of Sands can gain you huge amounts of life starting turn 2, and it works quite well with Squadron Hawk . It's easy enough to slot in a few Gideon of the Trials and Brisela/Bruna in place of some other cards, and it gains a heck ton more life than the deck you're playing now does.
Another way you could take the deck is a B Devotion deck to make use of Gray Merchant of Asphodel . That deck has cards like Vampire Nighthawk , Gifted Aetherborn (which you already have), and Gatekeeper of Malakir . It could make casting Gideons and Brisela/Bruna harder though.
4 years ago
Just noticed you already added Dawn of Hope still 11 cuts because I also forgot to add it to the number.
- Book of Rass - direct swap out for Greed since the latter is a better card.
- Gideon's Reproach - direct swap out for Swords to Plowshares since the latter is a better card.
- Counterlash - One of the four 1-for-1 spells you have that I like the least and I am suggesting 4 cuts to bring you down to 7 because that is what I run in mine and find it to be a good number. Specifically, a lot of mana for a counter and a chance at a free card.
- Disperse - One of the four 1-for-1 spells you have that I like the least and I am suggesting 4 cuts to bring you down to 7 because that is what I run in mine and find it to be a good number. Specifically, not even really permanent removal.
- Wing Shards - One of the four 1-for-1 spells you have that I like the least and I am suggesting 4 cuts to bring you down to 7 because that is what I run in mine and find it to be a good number. Specifically, not all important creatures have to attack.
- Seal Away - One of the four 1-for-1 spells you have that I like the least and I am suggesting 4 cuts to bring you down to 7 because that is what I run in mine and find it to be a good number. Specifically, tapped clause is not great.
- Nevinyrral's Disk - without Darksteel Forge and Mycosynth Lattice it just slows the game down. This may offer you a better chance to win, or you may like long games for the sake of long games. I dislike long games enough that I would cut it.
- Severed Strands - you have 13 creatures and can't afford to sacrifice them, especially at sorcery speed, if we are winning via combat.
- Blood Tribute - halving a single player's life total is either going to make you an enemy or not do much depending on how late it is in the game. Making enemies isn't something you want to do in pillow fort decks since most people could pay the taxes, just why bother when they can attack someone else and not pay unless they have a reason to focus you down.
- Revival / Revenge - Not a fan of low CMC only reanimate, see above for the rationale on the other half.
- Revitalize - I don't like cards that just gain life, cantriping is not enough to get me to like it.