Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Angel
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may exile target nonland permanent other than this creature.
When this leaves the battlefield, return all cards exiled with this to the battlefield under their owners' control. (This is a linked ability, linked to the ability in the second paragraph on the card named "Admonition Angel". Permanent cards exiled by Admonition Angel only return to the battlefield if those exiled cards were exiled by the ability in the second paragraph.)
2 months ago
Monomanamaniac No worries! Your feedback is welcome and helpful. I really like the Crashing Drawbridge rec, Swiftfoot Boots I could end up adding to if Lightning Greaves doesn't do enough work. Doubling up on that may not be a bad idea in the end. It'll mostly depend if I will have a slot for it. Cheers
freezerboy hey thanks for taking the time to play-test and comment! I'm pleased to hear the land grabbing works as I planned it too. Your question is the main trouble I've had so far in creating this angle for the deck... I really just have Basri Ket and Elspeth, Sun's Champion for offense. My other idea was to use Armored Ascension and Unquestioned Authority on Mageta to go in for lethal commander since the idea is Mageta would be the only creature left on the board. Other than that, if I'm outlasting my opponents I figure I would just get in damage slowly but surely. It's a crappy strategy, so I'm game for more recs regarding firepower. I don't think there are any Hail Marys in the direction of lands matter for white other than Admonition Angel, Emeria Shepherd and Trove Warden. I did have a few really janky ideas like Ondu Greathorn and Retreat to Emeria to pump or go wide. I also found a Reaping the Rewards in my cards yesterday which coukd be fun to pull off before Armageddon resolves.
8 months ago
- I dont think there are any bounce lands legal in modern but you want affects like this in you deck Murasa Rootgrazer. Im aware you dont want green and want it mono white so i would recommend cycles of these cards Wildfield Borderpost there's one for every 2 color combo, and could help if you want to splash a color or want something for your sideboard.
- Another tech you could consider is Dryad Arbor its a land and a creature so you could make a loop that bounces it back to you hand and play it. It would also go off of Emeria, The Sky Ruin pretty well. They are like 3$ a copy so not very cheap.
- you might not need Leyline of Sanctity unless your playing against a burn like deck or maybe some discard deck.
- There is an issue with Knight of the White Orchid and running 25 lands. Odds are by turn 3 youll probably have 3 lands in hand but its no guarantee that your opponent will. So it will most likely just be a 2/2 with first strike which isnt bad, but isnt great.
- I dont think you need Steppe Lynx Its an 0/1 on everyone elses turn, and you dont need to be the agressor you have the late game with you other creatures. If you need to stall i recommend wall of omens.
- Eternity Vessel is a cool card but its draining your budget and lets assume you have 6 mana what would you rather cast Eternity Vessel or Admonition Angel?
- Fabled Passage is expensive budget wise, so it might be worth considering to see if we can get a better synergy out that money. Being we cant get it consistently. The deck doesnt have enough card draw, tutoring, or filtering to get it. You might get more out of cards like Wildfield Borderpost
- This might seem like a meme but its pretty solid Mana Tithe. No one sees it coming, and can be back breaking.
- White has good hate cards like Stony Silence and Rest in Peace however what graveyard and artifacts are killing us? also RIP is a anti-synergy with Emeria, The Sky Ruin. These cards can strain your budget and arent always as helpful as you think.
- Anyways cool deck idea havent seen mono white landfall and hope this helps. Ping me anytime you need help with a deck
8 months ago
sergiodelrio I made some adjustments to the land base using your suggestions and I also dropped in Kor Cartographer in place of Environmental Sciences, just to have some more creatures, and I dropped my 1 copy of Emeria Shepherd since I have 2 Emeria, The Sky Ruin already. I replaced it with Admonition Angel. You seem pretty knowledgeable in Modern, so let me know what you think. I’m fairly new to deck building from scratch so all pointers are appreciated!
11 months ago
I've almost got this deck complete (minus the city of brass and said Praetors, lol!) My placeholders are fun big baddies like Archetype of Finality and Archetype of Endurance , Sun Titan , Geode Rager , Marisi, Breaker of the Coil , Admonition Angel (for fishing up Acidic Slime and Fierce Empath before the big combat). The goading from Marsi or Geode is great because it causes so much chaos after your own combat they usually forget about my Angel or when I start fishing for Door to Nothingness :)
Upon testing, I feel the deck needs some card draw and I'm not sure how to improve that with this particular gimmick. If I had a few ways to draw a bunch right before I trigger Codie that would be perfect. Faeburrow Elder and Golos, Tireless Pilgrim are amazing together so I put in Jegantha, the Wellspring for some redundancy.
1 year ago
Hey, first of all thank you for sharing this nice deck. What are your thoughts about Admonition Angel ? I really want to find a slot for it in this deck.
1 year ago
Hey, good casual budget version of Omnath. Nice Scroll Rack :)
You could expand on landfall with several other good landfall cards:
- Tireless Tracker: repeatable draw with clues.
- Felidar Retreat: create Cat tokens or make your army huge including Omnath.
- Tatyova, Benthic Druid: repeatable draw.
- Admonition Angel: exile your opponents nonland permanents.
- Emeria Angel: create flying Bird tokens.
Omnath does everything except repeatable draw and that's an area to consider improving on. Tutors can sometimes be better than repeatable draw because with a tutor you get the card right away.
- Fierce Empath: tutor for any 6 CMC or higher creature, he can get any one of your win condition creatures.
- Wargate: tutor for any permanent and put it onto the battlefield, can get an enchantment which is helpful.
- Crop Rotation: sac a Forest to tutor for Command Tower or a Triome to help with color fixing.
Having recursion is helpful in multiplayer Commander because your creatures are going to die and your other cards are going be destroyed.
- Eternal Witness: recur any card in your graveyard.
- Seasons Past: can recur a land as the zero CMC card, good with Valakut Exploration as a way to recur cards put into your graveyard.
- Bala Ged Recovery Flip: recur any card in your graveyard.
Cards that only give a pump to one creature from landfall are subpar because the pump goes away at the end of the turn and you want to give more value out of landfall. Inspired's mana cost is too difficult to make with this manabase especially . The draw 5 is nice, but not for seven mana. Phylath is a budget Avenger of Zendikar, but you have Avenger therefore you don't need to also play Phylath.
Some cards to consider cutting:
- Kazandu Mammoth
- Brushfire Elemental
- Skyclave Geopede
- Skyclave Pick-Axe
- Fire Prophecy
- Inspired Ultimatum
- Canyon Jerboa
- Struggle / Survive
- Reshape the Earth
- Phylath, World Sculptor
- Nissa, Genesis Mage
If interested I offer more advice in another comment. Good luck with your deck.
1 year ago
I'd try to get some more 2 drop ramp spells worked in: Coldsteel Heart, Marble Diamond, Mind Stone, and Fellwar Stone to name a few budget options. If you want of focus on the Voltron aspect of the deck, I'd cut high CMC cards like Angel of Serenity and Admonition Angel. Some lower CMC forms of removal at instant speed that you could fetch with Sunforger would serve you better, and you can free up slots for more equipment or protection spells. I think I'd cut Runehorn Hellkite, too. If you still want the card draw, try Magus of the Wheel or Humble Defector. Trailblazer's Boots is another nice piece of equipment. If you are interested in being able to equip ALL of your artifacts to Wyleth, Bludgeon Brawl can do it.
Sejiri Shelter Flip could substitute for one of your Plains, or possibly Spawning Bed. I'm not sure what that card does for you, but there seem to be better nonbasics. It can offer some protection in a pinch.
Hope this helps. You've got quite a bit of good equipment in there, much better than I have available. +1.
1 year ago
Hi GMD_1090, To your comment about putting all 10 fetch lands. I fully agree however I just build the paper version of this deck last week and as you know fetches are pretty expensive. The ones I have, I was lucky enough to open in packs over the years.
So this deck so far seems to try too many things and may not do any one thing well. I could somewhat agree.
This is mainly my take on a Landfall deck. I am not trying to build a landfall token, lands matter or elemental tribal deck.
My playgroup runs about 4 board wipes per deck. I feel like Roil Elemental is expensive ( triple blue) and doesn't do much for the cost since they go back to their owner after a removal. Admonition Angel is expensive ( triple white) and is bad vs board wipes since I lose my board and then give you back your stuff. Guardian of Tazeem is mediocre at best. I fully understand that I may be wrong with evaluating these cards...
My logic for running token producers is that it allows me to bounce back after a board wipe, it gives me blockers and a way to end the game. That being said, I understand why many could think of this as a token deck but I'm not trying to build a token landfall deck.
Why I run token producers: Avenger of Zendikar because I feel it has its place in most landfall decks. Emeria Angel Because one of this deck's weaknesses is flying, Emeria Angel gives me chump blockers. Omnath, Locus of Rage creates 5/5 bodies that bolt, when they die, seems good. Phylath, World Sculptor I could agree that Phylath is the weakest token producer in this deck. Rampaging Baloths gives me attackers or chump blockers. Scute Swarm because I feel it has its place in most landfall decks.
Undoubtedly, some could be changed for better cards...