|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Rare|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted permanent is indestructible. (Effects that say "destroy" don't destroy that permanent. An indestructible creature can't be destroyed by damage.)
1 month ago
Argothian Enchantress is pretty expensive. But it is useful also Divine Reckoning targeting Sigarda. Also Face of Divinity Single Combat Shield of the Oversoul Eidolon of Blossoms Battle Mastery Sphere of Safety Nylea's Colossus Silverblade Paladin Shielded by Faith Indestructibility Duelist's Heritage
3 months ago
If you want to have a Selesnya Voltron, you have first of all to remove Balan, Wandering Knight from the options, as her color identity is white: she'll do fine in the 99 as a backup plan in case your actual commander is unavailable.
My choice would be Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist : Low on curve, First Strike, with some evasion like trample is devastating, as can be only be blocked by one creature. Plus, she even prevents attacks when in the turns after she attacked. Solid option. Of course, you'll need to watch out for removal, so Hexproof, Indestructible and Flicker effects are most welcome.
In case you didn't know, however, probably the best Selesnya Voltron Commander is Sigarda, Host of Herons , as she has Hexproof, cannot be sacrificed and has flying. Basically, her only weakness is mass removal: stick an Indestructibility on her and she'll be there for the rest of the game. Just add some early ramp and you're good to go. Here Mirri would go really well in the 99.
3 months ago
Awesome deck! I see you are already running Stuffy Doll so how about Coalhauler Swine + Pariah . And you will need to make the swine indestructible to cause more than just 4 damage to your opponents (due to its toughness), in that case there’s Indestructibility . It’s janky AF but right up this deck’s alley. There is also this card called Repercussion which you may already know about, but it works wonders with Blasphemous Act and/or Star of Extinction . All you need is for your opponents to have 2+ creatures out, and with Repercussion out cast Act or Star to sling massive massive damage. It’s really neat!
Good luck! +1
5 months ago
After playing last night, I get the feeling that the deck is being pulled into too many different directions. My advice is to lean into the cantrip effects while protecting Feather and the other creatures, and try to win through combat as soon as possible. I think that the token subtheme is solid, but I'd chuck the redirect shenanigans. It would make for a good laugh when/if it finally goes off, but the combo is too fragile, too expensive, and takes up way too many card slots.
My suggestions (in no particular order):
- Gods Willing - Card draw/protection
- Balduvian Rage - Card draw/damage (potentially lethal)
- Niveous Wisps - Card draw/tap down a big creature if you sense that it will be coming at you next combat
- Panic - Card draw/get through a blocker
- Rile - Card draw/trample
- Chaos Warp - Turn tokens into value or deal with an enemy threat
- Samut's Sprint - Set up a card draw with the scry/more damage
- Shelter - Card draw/protection
- Vanguard of Brimaz - Token generation
- Boros Charm - Will likely be used to protect your board state, but could also be used to finish off an opponent(s)
- Aurelia's Fury - Can be abused repeatedly by just pinging one of your creatures/can be used as a finisher
- Seize the Day - Repeatable extra combats
- Ajani's Presence - Protection
- Balefire Liege - Lifegain and extra damage while buffing your creatures
- Iroas, God of Victory - Menace and damage prevention when you're swinging. Definitely.
- Titan's Strength - More damage/Scry to set up card draw
- Valorous Stance - Protection/Destroy an enemy threat
- Guided Strike - Card draw/might be able to first strike surprise someone
- Temur Battle Rage - Finisher
- Accelerate - Card draw/haste
- Grapeshot - You'll be casting enough cheap spells that this could be a finisher
- Swiftfoot Boots - Feather is key to the strategy, so hexproof is going to be very useful. I wouldn't bother with Lightning Greaves though.
- Aetherflux Reservoir - Definitely. Lifegain and one-shotting an opponent.
- Fellwar Stone - R/W are the two least played, so you may have more trouble getting what you want, but more mana is rarely bad.
- Darksteel Ingot - Colored mana rock
- Purphoros, God of the Forge - On the fence with this one, but I think you have enough token generation to warrant him.
- Twinflame - Multiple Heroic trigger and synergizes well with Purphoros
- Spawning Breath - Puke up tokens for ramp/Purph triggers. Bonus points if you proc Heroic.
- Assemble the Legion - Another iffy card that I'd probably only run with the Purph package. It pretty much has to be answered or it will get out of control, but it takes time.
- Skullclamp - Plenty of tokens to draw cards off of. May already have enough card draw, if there is such a thing. Test to find out.
- Bathe in Light - Protection for likely many of your creatures, but no card draw, and it doesn't protect against board wipes.
- Grand Abolisher - We aren't a particularly counter-heavy meta, but I think this might warrant an include to protect from getting hit with a 2-for-1 destroy spell in response to your targeting your creature with a spell. This deck will be reliant on swinging hard every turn.
- Duergar Hedge-Mage - We have a pretty enchantment/artifact heavy meta, but if you are fast enough, it may not matter.
- Runaway Steam-Kin - Useful for storing up some red mana for those X spells, but there aren't many in the deck currently.
- Vandalblast - cough Meta cough
- Soul's Fire - Good way to finish someone off, if you can't get through easily. Might not be necessary.
- Emerge Unscathed - Protection. The free cast is nice, but lacks the card draw.
- Sentinel Tower - Iffy on this one, but I think you'll cast enough spells to make this valuable.
- Graceful Reprieve - ETB triggers/"Protection". Definitely better than Gift of Immortality in this deck, but you should be able to keep your creatures alive without needing this.
- Teferi's Protection - Dodging boardwipes is useful, but this may be unnecessary. No way of abusing Feather's ability here.
- Gilded Lotus - Colored mana rock, but with such a low average CMC, this may not be necessary relative to the cost.
- Fell the Mighty - Board wipe that will let you keep at least something of yours. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Austere Command - Value city. Likely to be used to wipe other threats while keeping your own. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Chandra's Ignition - paired with one of the spells that give protection or indestructible, and targeting a heavy hitter, you can wipe everyone else's creatures and keep your own. Might be too heavy-handed, but probably worth testing.
- Bandage - Card draw/possible protection. The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Heal - Card draw/possible protection The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Crowd's Favor - Not sure that it does enough to warrant a card slot, especially without drawing you a card.
- Galvanic Blast - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Liberate - Currently, the only ETB effects in the deck are Captain of the Watch and Stuffy Doll 's choose a player clause, both of which I would recommend cutting. It would synergize with the Purph package, but even still I'm not sure it warrants a spot, given all the protection you already have.
- Lightning Bolt - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Lightning Strike - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Magnetic Theft - There are currently only two equipments in the deck, and you're unlikely to face too many equipments in our meta, since your decks make up most of the equipment in said meta.
- Shock - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Authority of the Consuls - The small amount of lifegain is unlikely to be needed. The hatebear effect is too easy to play around.
- Gift of Immortality - This card doesn't synergize with much of anything. You're better off running protection spells that Feather can return to your hand.
- Guilty Conscience - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Indestructibility - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Pariah - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Shielded by Faith - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Boros Reckoner - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Captain of the Watch - There are only 3 other soldiers in the deck. She might (barely) make the cut, if you had Purphoros, but I'd likely still cut her.
- Coalhauler Swine - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fabled Hero - Basically, just a beater. I'd much rather proc the other Heroic triggers in order to get tokens to protect against forced sacrifice effects.
- Firesong and Sunspeaker - You have 1 white spell that can trigger this, and that is if you swords your own creature. You have 6 (cut to 2 with these suggestions) red spells that will gain you life. Using Blasphemous Act to gain a bunch of life is neat, but lifegain in Commander is often negligible due to commander damage, and with so few ways of actually triggering this card at all, it definitely doesn't make the cut.
- Stuffy Doll - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Truefire Captain - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fire Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Marble Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Pariah's Shield - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Pearl Medallion - Not enough high CMC white cards to warrant this, especially since it doesn't discount the color cost.
- Chain Lightning - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
8 months ago
8 months ago
Several suggestions for you. I'll try to break it down by category. Definitely work on getting more extra combat/turns effects in here though.
Ramp: First, drop all your mana rocks that cost 3 or more. You want your mana rocks to cost 2 or less (3 is ok if it adds more than 1 mana). Drop Thran Dynamo, Gilded Lotus, Commander's Sphere, Darksteel Ingot, Izzet Locket, Jeskai Banner, and Manalith.
Aura/Equipment: With enough ramp you need very little here. Spirit Mantle, Steel of the Godhead , and Aqueous Form should be your main 3. I also ran Indestructibility and Shielded by Faith to help negate most boardwipes. About 6 of these effects tops should be enough and try to keep the cost/equip cost low.
Haste Enablers: Narset not needing to live a turn is huge. Consider Need for Speed , Ashling's Prerogative , and/or Mass Hysteria . Don't lay those last 2 down until the turn before you're ready to attack (at the earliest) though.
Anyways, feel free to check out my list for inspiration. The deck is pretty optimized(no enter the infinite/omniscience though). Feedback, Upvotes, and/or Ideas on any of my decklists is appreciated. Narset, American Beauty - Retired
9 months ago
9 months ago
As it is super friends I would keep/add every proliferate card you can. I would also add Indestructibility, and Darksteel Plate, to keep narset alive. Your land ratios seem off based on the chart. More blue maybe. The issue with your amount of land is that you could be dead before you play narset. I would add more rocks. You really need to get her out before turn six.
Indestructibility occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%