Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Target creature you control gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn. (It can't be dealt damage, enchanted, equipped, blocked or targetted by anything of that colour, and anything of that colour attached to that creature immediately falls off.)
Scry 1. (Look at the top card of your library. You may put that card on the bottom of your library.)
Aizea on Bogles Remix
2 months ago
wallisface Thank you for your feedback on this deck! I'm new to modern and still learning a lot.
- The reason I titled this deck as "remix" is because it isn't a normal bogles deck. I have ordered a playset of Gladecover Scout and agree they do have a place in the deck, but want to test them out first to see how they would best fit.
- Witchstalker and Loxodon Smiter are in the deck because my local meta has a lot of blue/black decks with lots of counter and discard. Witchstalker still is a bit too slow so it is a good contender to be replaced by Gladecover Scout
- Fleecemane Lion is also slow to get hexproof and indestructible, but it is good against other aggro decks or decks that ramp and put out big creatures quickly. Its more of a flexibility option if my opponent isn't running heavy removal.
- Gods Willing is another flexibility option for me personally because it can protect Fleecemane Lion and Loxodon Smiter, but it also is good for winning the game by making sure the opponent cant block. For example, even with trample if they have a 5/5 on the board that's 5 less damage im doing because they blocked. It also helps me win a trade if its necessary. If I'm blocking a creature that would kill my hexproof creature it instead does no damage to my creature.
- I am looking at other enchantments to include in the deck. I think Gryff's Boon would be a good addition because it gives flying. I also like Sentinel's Eyes as an option.
- As for the 3-drops: as stated previously Witchstalker can be traded out. Unflinching Courage is worth it in my opinion because it gives so much. The lifelink and +2/+2 are just all around good effects for the deck. Loxodon Smiter as stated previously is something specific for my local meta, which has a ton of counter cards.
- Ajani is in the deck mostly because this deck was made of cards I had on hand after playing standard for a few years in 2013. The flying and double strike ability is nice and has been a game winner several times in these past couple weeks I've been playing. Definitely open to taking him out!
Thank you again for your feedback and taking the time to offer advice
wallisface on Bogles Remix
2 months ago
normal bogle decks generally rely on Gladecover Scout and Slippery Bogle. While Bassara Tower Archer might be kindof ok, Witchstalker is waay too slow, and both Fleecemane Lion and Loxodon Smiter have no kind of protection to justify them being here.
the main point of a bogles deck is that the opponent has no easy way to interact with your board. If you have to run Gods Willing, you’re doing it wrong.
you probably want a LOT more enchantments to make use of Ethereal Armor, as well as secure a quick win. Bogles deck generally want the game to be over by turn 4-5, because the strategy becomes increasingly weaker as the opponents board-state develops.
I think you probably want to try to lower your mana curve a bit. You’ve got a lot of 3-drops in the deck for what is traditionally a hyper-aggressive archetype.
Why is Ajani here?
mememan3310 on Mono White Pridemate
7 months ago
I've been out of the loop for a while, so I'm not familiar with the Rakdos Midrange matchup. Would Ashes of the Abhorrent be good for the same thing? Or are you saying I need to put in Rest in Peace to replace something like Gods Willing for even more coverage? (Unlicensed Hearse at 3x would be over $30, and the deck now is only like $60 so kinda pricey to me, but otherwise I would absolutely slam it instead)
Gleeock on What Commander Do You Think …
8 months ago
But Shelter isn't going to help Ivy block feather, Gods Willing is again not helping Ivy against the voltron, same with Feat of Resistance, same Balduvian Rage, Emerge Unscathed. That is a good amount of common Feather cards right there that have minimal benefit to Ivy if you are casting them for a Voltron attacking benefit, If you wanted to you could lean more into other cantripy agro only instants that grant something like menace or "cannot be blocked".. & again that is complete poopy for Ivy to copy as a defender... targeted extra combat is again useless as the defender. There is still a whole line of voltron open against her, particularly regarding instants/sorcs that are only beneficial for attackers.
& no I don't like her, I'm not a guy, & is she lazy? Yes, in a non-equipment voltron-rich meta she can swizzle other player's strategies. I just think that is different than truly shutting them down.
Neotrup on Can i take permanently control …
8 months ago
No. Act of Treason creates a control changing effect with a limited duration. It never "gives back" the creature, the effect simply expires. In addition, protection granted by Gods Willing prevents Damage, Equipping/Enchanting, Blocking, and Targeting. It can stop Act of Treason from resolving by making the targeting illegal, but once the spell resolves it no longer targets and the control changing effect can't be interacted with other than creating a new effect that overwrites it (such as by another player casting Ray of Command or activating Homeward Path).
calvo099 on Can i take permanently control …
8 months ago
Suppouse i use Act of Treason and i take control of my enemy's creature, then i end up my turn and when Act of Treason's forces me to give back the creature, cast Gods Willing and give protection against red to that creature, do the protection against red disables the "give back" ability from act of treason? if thats the case, would i keep that creature?
9-lives on Aikido Archetype
8 months ago
WhiteEagle_12 this is an aikido deck. That means no burn without countering or preventing or blocking. I need Essence Backlash for that very reason instead of Lightning Bolt. I've already played a burn deck before, and I don't particularly like it. Gods Willing isn't what I'm looking for either. Thanks for the feedback, though.
WhiteEagle_12 on Aikido Archetype
8 months ago
I would cut Essence Backlash entirely. It's just too expensive for what it does. I would also cut Archmage Emeritus, once again, too expensive for what it does. That puts your deck at an even sixty cards, which is optimal. From there, I would replace Harm's Way with Gods Willing. Replace Basri Ket with another Harmonic Prodigy and a Lightning Bolt followed by replacing you choice of your counterspells with three more Lightning Bolts!. This is Modern, we play Lightning Bolt in decks with red. It's essentially a given, especially in Spellslinger builds.
|Have (4)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , reikitavi , gildan_bladeborn , abritt|
|Want (3)||fclyra , Amaterasu312 , Umutoria|