|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Tap, Sacrifice Mishra's Bauble: Look at the top card of target player's library. Draw a card at the beginning of the next turn's upkeep.
Mishra's Bauble Discussion
1 week ago
How do you feel about Chains of Mephistopheles , shuts down the card advantage of draw, but still lets the search through their library. Mass draw like Enter the Infinite wield yield very little result. It's also a way for me to discard a Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker or Worldgorger Dragon (or any combo guys) if they are in my hand for CMC2?
Crucible of Worlds always feels too slow, CMC3, and no MLD seems advantageous, but with a fetch land, it ramps pretty good? Still too slow though.
1 week ago
Mishra's Bauble helps cycle to your blank and it’s a free spell you can cast before the feat dragonstom turn to get more dragon?
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
You should use:
Insolent Neonate is a good discard outlet. Droppable turn 1, readying a turn 2 goryos
Perhaps Wishclaw Talisman , as it allows you to tutor for a combo piece
Other good targets with goryo are Nicol Bolas getting him out turn 2, your opponent is fked
3 weeks ago
@Da_Zorret yeah it's a bit unfortunate, but it lowers the powerlevel of the competition so it isn't all too bad. Eldraine gives us Emry, Lurker of the Loch which is amazing for the deck. It also gives purpose to myrs played before a Heartless Summoning. Combined with Mishra's Bauble I think the deck could be pretty on point still. Syr Konrad, the Grim may also be decent as a 1 of. He's not quite as fast as old win-con Falkenrath Noble (they both come out turn 3 anyway), but he's better when the deck isn't going infinite and allows tempo alone to close out a game.
3 weeks ago
Ok so I made some adjustments. Check this out.
4 weeks ago
Who doesn't love some good ol' mono black! A Salvaging Station package could be rad here, with cards like Codex Shredder , Mishra's Bauble , Lotus Petal , and Nihil Spellbomb . I particularly enjoy Codex Shredder in mono black since paying 6 mana is rarely an issue, and it lets you recur any card. Bolas's Citadel could be neat here as well, especially in conjunction with Sensei's Top (together they give you the ability "pay 1 life: draw a card"). Other cards you might consider include: Necropotence , Gonti, Lord of Luxury , Kaya's Ghostform , Mikaeus, the Unhallowed , Cauldron of Souls , Bubbling Muck , Extraplanar Lens , Gauntlet of Power , Caged Sun , Dread Presence , Deserted Temple , Thespian's Stage , Vesuva
1 month ago
The first places I'm going to test this:
1. Delver: we all know it's going to take another Treasure Cruise to make modern delver real
2. Soulherder + Stonehorn Dignitary
3. Some ridiculous zoo deck with goyfs and probably Mishra's Bauble and way too few lands
3.5: some kiln fiend deck or prowess of some kind that also plays way too few lands
4. Assault Formation decks: dont judge me. I've got a long history with doran
6. Freed from the Real combo
7. Kiki decks?
8. 8-whack. Seems sweet
10. Through the Breach /raze-boar decks
11. GW Value-town?! I'd love to see it come back
And since it looks like I'm stretching I want to end this with where i think we wont see it:
1. Tron: it misses planeswalkers and artifacts. Instant deal-breaker
2. Elves. They got searching on lock, though the Land Grant mode could come in handy
3. Neoform: it doesnt fit their playstyle, they go off much more like a legacy Belcher deck and a top 5 cards cantrip wont save many of their openers
4. Stoneblade: while turn 1 find a hierarch and play it be an awesome opening line,
The midrange uses of this card are pretty low powerlevel.
5. Crazy 5-color shenanigans: I dont think this will be enough to break some crazy ridiculous manabase deck or fragile combo deck.
cough (jeskai ascendancy) cough
6. Puresteel: drawing one of these during the beginning of the combo when you're still able to fizzle seems backbreaking, so maybe as a <2 of?
So naturally, the card is probably going to completely revolutionize one of those decks
Mishra's Bauble occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.23%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%