Legendary Planeswalker — Basri
+1: Put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature. It gains indestructible until end of turn.
-2: Whenever one or more nontoken creatures attack this turn, create that many 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens that are tapped and attacking.
-8: You get an emblem with "At the beginning of combat on your turn, create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token, then put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
|Have (3)||DoctorScarf , , gildan_bladeborn|
Printings View all
|Core Set 2021 (M21)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Basri Ket Discussion
1 week ago
Minousmancer the suggestions I gave earlier are standard rotation survivable, but here are some other suggestions.
Castle Ardenvale for making tokens. A little slow, but doesn't take up a spell slot.
Improbable Alliance is an ok card. If you have lots of card draw, you get lots of tokens.
The Birth of Meletis is too good to pass up.
Stolen by the Fae is an option.
Basri Ket is one to think about.
mjgilbert26 The token producers you recommended are ok, but are a bit too high mana. You want to be able to cast Transmogrify on turn four. Also, creatures that create tokens are unusable, as the only creature in the deck should be Terror of the Peaks so you have a 100% chance of hitting it.
1 week ago
Basri Ket is screaming to be in the deck. Not as budget friends but also not ridiculous. 1 or 2 Abzan Falconer would allow you to have flying since it looks like you have many ways of getting +1/+1 counters. Raise the Alarm is a decent way of getting more tokens out 1 mana per to replace Sun Sentinel. You should also have 4x Haazda Marshal. 1 mana drop and very quickly able to make more soldiers.
2 weeks ago
Conclave Mentor, Conclave Mentor, Conclave Mentor! Such a great card for Selesnya Counters. Basri Ket is also a nice addition. Basri's Lieutenant would be pretty rad given your list as well, as it can give you counters, as well as make tokens.
3 weeks ago
Hier ein paar Vorschläge:
- Rein: 4x Field Marshal, +1 Preeminent Captain, 2x Launch the Fleet, 1x Path to Exile
- Raus: 1x Omen of the Sun, 1x Basri Ket, 2x Sworn Companions, 1x Captain of the Watch, 1x Martial Coup, 1x Darien, King of Kjeldor, 1x Journey to Nowhere
1 month ago
If you'd like some inspiration for your list, I have 2 Orzhov lists you can look at that I like. This one is more in tune with what you're looking to do, this other one is more based discouraging the opponent from doing anything by playing cards that make them lose life for interactions. Might be worth checking out!
- Baneslayer Angel (Good in a vacuum, not great for what this list wants to do. A touch too slow.)
- Tymaret, Chosen from Death (Too cute. Functionally he doesn't bring you closer to your Vito win-con, and his ability isn't really what you'd want to be spending mana on to do so.)
- Ill-Gotten Inheritance (I see what you're going for here, but it also feels too cute. It's not bad, just not fantastic either.
- Basri Ket (He's just making bad cards better. He's unnecessary for your Vito win-con.)
- Evolving Wilds (This can easily be swapped for Fabled Passage, does the same thing but can have lands enter untapped.)
- Radiant Fountain (You're not going to be finding this on the draw, and doesn't really help you otherwise. Might as well swap that for another Swamp)
- Scoured Barrens and Temple of Silence (All for these, but for the amount of 1-3 drop creatures you're looking to play, it would seem like you're going to be running into some mana issues. Would absolutely put in some Godless Shrine for this list since you can just heal back the damage it deals anyhow)
- Griffin Aerie (Another cute card. I get what you're going for with it, but I don't know how well it helps you get into your Vito win-con.)
- Light of Hope (Feels a bit niche. Not quite cute, just niche. There's likely better cards than this.)
As a general note, decent cards that make bad cards better aren't the answer. Look at how your win condition is typically met, and find more direct and impactful ways to influence it.
Cards You Got Right
- Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose (Duh)
- Heliod, Sun-Crowned (Definitely works in your favor, just gotta watch out for your devotion.)
- Mangara, the Diplomat (Interesting card, definitely can serve as a nice draw engine against aggro decks)
- Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord (He's great utility, and 100% sets you up to get a bunch of Vito triggers)
- Healer's Hawk (Staple lifegain creature, is super easy to get down and make use out of)
- Heartless Act or Eliminate (Could be a replacement for Mortify, as both are cheaper and have a little more use)
- Fabled Passage (See above for Evolving Wilds)
- Godless Shrine (See above for Scoured Barrens and Temple of Silence)
- Rhox Faithmender (A nice addition to the list, makes the Vito triggers hit even harder)
- Ajani, Strength of the Pride (Nice way to gain life, and he can easily sweep the board if he needs to)
- Ajani's Pridemate and/or Bloodthirsty Aerialist (Plays into that 'Whenever you gain life, put a 1/1 on a creature' thing you seem to like)
1 month ago
1 month ago
I think you're right that Samut would join.
I think Basri Ket could replace Gideon as the monowhite member.
Oath of Basri
Creatures can't attack a planeswalker you control unless their controller pays for each of those creatures.
Based on this image, pick a "Team Gatewatch" walker
(Tamiyo, Jaya, Saheeli, Karn, Kiora, Teyo, Ral Zarek, and Vraska)
Or a walker introduced since WAR (just Oko and Lukka, the latter seems more likely sympathetic to the Gatewatch, but neither really do)
1 month ago
25(excluding the second Lurrus of the Dream-Den) out 64 cards in this deck have a converted mana cost of 3 or higher. Can you look at how Lurrus of the Dream-Den works again and decide wether you want to take him out or take out all the cards (+1x Lurrus of the Dream-Den) listed above?