Strive - Twinflame costs 2R more to cast for each target beyond the first.
Choose any number of target creatures you control. For each of them, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield. Those tokens have haste. Exile them at the beginning of the next end step.
|Have (2)||metalmagic , Fatalkiller246|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
19 hours ago
@Mcat1999 slight correction: there is no such thing as "dead before responses". Even when casting a spell with split second other players get priority (eg. can respond) after you and before the spell actually resolves, but as split second rules allow they can only activate mana abilities.
- you cast Twinflame and hold priority, then cast Dualcaster Mage
- players pass and Dualcaster Mage enters the battlefield, its trigger goes on the stack and you choose to copy Twinflame . Players again receive and pass priority here.
- Twinflame is copied putting a copy of Twinflame on the stack, which targets Dualcaster Mage . At this point you have priority but don't cast anything else, so other players get priority and can respond. An opponent cast Murder on Dualcaster Mage , which goes on top of the stack. Again starting with you priority is passed and unless you counterspell or hexproof Dualcaster Mage he will die and the copy of Twinflame will fizzle without a target.
3 days ago
Prep: With both cards in hand and mana available and you control any creature in play.
targeting a creature you control.
With Twinflame on the stack, cast Dualcaster Mage targeting Twinflame .
Allow Dualcaster Mage 's ability to resolve, copying Twinflame and creating a copy of Dualcaster Mage .
The new token copy of Dualcaster Mage triggers targeting the original copy of Twinflame , and resolves to create another token copy of Dualcaster Mage .
Repeat steps 2-4 to make infinite hasted token copies of Dualcaster Mage .
If you do not have anything else that wins the game when this happens, you can always attack with your endless number of mages.
Fun cards to include with this combo are Impact Tremors or similar.
3 days ago
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Hey there! Here are some suggestions.
- Twinflame : Also goes infinite with dualcaster mage
- Cathartic Reunion / Thrill of Possibility / Tormenting Voice : Cheap card draw
- Wasteland / Strip Mine : Land removal can be extremely helpful, especially if your having trouble finding answers
- Crystal Vein / Ancient Tomb : Can help you cast Purphy a bit faster
- Blood Sun / Blood Moon / Magus of the Moon : Can completely shut down other decks and give you more than enough time to win
- Glacial Chasm : Can be taxing but if you need time to assemble your board and win, this can be extremely helpful.
- Stax/hatebear pieces like Mana Web , Crawlspace , Ruination
1 month ago
Monarchy also seems to work really well with your commander, as you're forcing everyone to attack someone other than yourself. Court of Ambition , Skyline Despot , Emberwilde Captain , Court of Ire . Captive Audience is also a rude card, as you'll force your opponents to attack eachother with the zombies, giving you five zombies to run amok.
General rude Rakdos cards, something like Mind Twist or Rakdos's Return can cripple a player. Combined with having to attack someone else leaving themselves open seems like it'd be really backbreaking!
2 months ago
Thoughts on these? Harvest Season , Perilous Forays , Settle the Wreckage , Cloudshift , Twinflame , Toski, Bearer of Secrets , Ohran Frostfang , Druids' Repository , Ogre Battledriver , Shefet Dunes , Eldrazi Monument , Panharmonicon , Conjurer's Closet , Angel of Condemnation , Emiel the Blessed , Galepowder Mage
2 months ago
You might like these: Second Harvest , Parallel Evolution , Nacatl War-Pride (things like this are cool because you keep populated copies), Twinflame , Mimic Vat , Splinter Twin , Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker , Bramble Sovereign , Flameshadow Conjuring , Minion Reflector , Esika's Chariot , Adorned Pouncer , Angel of Sanctions , Anointer Priest , Biowaste Blob , Felhide Spiritbinder