Strive - Twinflame costs 2R more to cast for each target beyond the first.
Choose any number of target creatures you control. For each of them, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield. Those tokens have haste. Exile them at the beginning of the next end step.
Printings View all
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Quest Magic RPG||Legal|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
7 hours ago
2 weeks ago
Twinflame or Heat Shimmer + Dualcaster Mage can make infinite hasty 2/2 human wizards if you keep copying the original spell with the token copies that enter the battlefield. Similar combo's can be achieved with Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and a nonlegendary creature that can untap it, like Zealous Conscripts.
1 month ago
I would honestly get yourself to at least 33 lands unless you go for the expensive cEDH Mana base.
Some suggestions for cuts:
Skirk Prospector not enough goblins to be worth
Merchant of the Vale only useful here for one adventure cast otherwise ability cmc is too high
Scheming Symmetry provides too much direct advantage to your opponents and you can't reliably force them to discard whatever they tutor
I understand Street Wraith's inclusion. It's ability does fit the style of the deck, but it's CMC is a bit prohibitive for what it does when Anje already provides your discard value engine for 3 cmc. I would cut it.
If you made those 6 cuts you would get to a more stable land base without compromising the integrity of your strategy.
If you want you can check out my own budget cEDH take on Anje as well.
1 month ago
Fuzzlewuzzle let the discussion flow!
On Grave Upheaval: To be honest, I'm surprised you're experiencing instances where you may miss land drops. Have you hit a lot of those instances? I'd almost rather that slot be occupied towards something that pushes the strategy forward more while also reducing the likelihood of missing land drops: Cathartic Reunion pushes your deck forward faster while also pitching dragons, Gamble lets you tutor what you need while also pitching something, or Patriarch's Bidding lets you have another mass recursion spell (and probably acts to kill one or two players, depending on ETB cantrips/volume of dragons).
On Molten Echoes: I might be a bit worried about this being a 4-drop, when Heat Shimmer and Twinflame can come down earlier. I think I'm worried about a 4-drop that doesn't impact the board and requires another turn to see value. I've added it to my "Considering" section. While we're on the subject...
On Combo Focus: How come you haven't included Worldgorger Dragon? I've found it a bit tricky to trade for but I believe it has very similar combo lines to Bladewing the Risen. What's also kept you from adding a go-infinite suite with Dualcaster Mage, Heat Shimmer, Twinflame, and maybe even Splinter Twin?
On Oubliette: I think we're different players - I'd much rather just send a Commander to the yard.
1 month ago
Hey, some base numbers to consider when starting out a three color casual Temur deck:
- 36 lands: Command Tower, Exotic Orchard
- 12 ramp sources: Simic/Izzet/Gruul Signets, Farseek
- 10 draw sources: Brainstorm, Coiling Oracle
- 8 removal/counterspells: Nature's Claim, Counterspell
- 5 tutors: Shared Summons, Prime Speaker Vannifar
Of course these numbers can be increased or decreased as you build the deck, but this is a good starting point with some cards to consider adding.
Any creatures or instant/sorceries you play think of them has having two additional mana in their mana costs that way you can get value from Riku. This means more creatures and instant/sorceries that are lower mana cost such as Coiling Oracle and Growth Spiral. Oracle and Spiral for two mana can help to get to five or more mana to cast Riku.
Legendary creatures are not the best with Riku because of the legendary rule. Only allowing you to have one card that's the same name in your control meaning you don't really want to copy a legendary creature with Riku. The token copy still triggers any ETB abilities, but then you remove the token copy and keep the original legendary creature.
Some budget win conditions with Riku
Biovisionary + one copy of Biovisionary + Twinflame
At beginning of your end step resolve the Biovisionary win the game trigger before the Twinflame exile tokens trigger which wins the game before the tokens are exiled. Biovisionary is also good with clones such as Phyrexian Metamorph. With Riku in your control get Biovisionary onto the battlefield, make a copy of it, clone it with Metamorph and make token copy of Metamorph gives you four Biovisionarys. Twinflame also combos with Dualcaster Mage for infinite Dualcasters who can attack with haste.
Ral, Storm Conduit + Fork Expansion / Explosion/Reverberate/Twincast
With Ral in your control cast a Fork, copy it with Riku. Let the copy resolve and then copy the original Fork still on the stack. Resolving the Fork copy then copying the original Fork makes a copy instant loop which does infinite damage to your opponents one at a time with Ral. These Forks are good with Riku outside the combo because for four mana you can copy an opponents spell twice. Forks are nice in multiplayer Commander where you have many opponents who are casting instant/sorceries you could copy.
Some of other cards $5 or less each that are good with Riku
- Mana dorks: Kiora's Follower, Paradise Druid
- Land ramp: Crop Rotation, Harrow
- Clones: Clever Impersonator, Progenitor Mimic
- Recursion: Eternal Witness, Regrowth
- Removal: Beast Within, Reclamation Sage
- Draw: Preordain, Serum Visions, Risen Reef
- Tutors: Chord of Calling, Signal the Clans
- Forks: Narset's Reversal can be a repeatable for four mana since the copy of Reversal can bounce the original Reversal back to your hand.
- Tri: Frontier Bivouac
- Fetch: Ash Barrens, Evolving Wilds
- Pain: Yavimaya Coast, Karplusan Forest, Shivan Reef
- Battle: Cinder Glade
- Bounce: Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, Gruul Turf
- Utility: Mystic Sanctuary, Kessig Wolf Run
- Check: Sulfur Falls, Rootbound Crag
More Expensive Lands
2 months ago
Thanks again! Awesome that you take the time out of your day to really give such an insightful comment.
I have been working on the deck after I posted it and even upgraded it a bit between your comment and me posting the deck, two of them are even cards you recommended! Bonders' Enclave and Gruul Signet. I also added Rogue's Passage to maybe sneak an attacker in.
I did actually buy quite a few cards a few days ago that just arrived and some of them are also cards you mentioned :D
I also added these ones, maybe you have some comments about them?
- God-Eternal Rhonas, it looks like it can combo quite well with Xenagos. Have you tried the cards?
- Mwonvuli Beast Tracker, I always find myself missing Trample so I thought this guy could help tutoring for it.
- Skarrg, the Rage Pits a worse Kessig Wolf Run but also a lot cheaper, and I am mainly after the trample effect (I think).
- Scavenging Ooze wanted a way to deal with peoples graveyard shenanigans.
- Mind Stone ramp! (basically added it because you mentioned it in Norin :P )
- Solemn Simulacrum there are other ramp cards in green but I just think he is a lot of value.
- I also swapped the Sedge Scorpion for a Deadly Recluse because even though I find it nice to have a early thing on the board that can deter people from attacking me before I have some of my guys out I found that a lot of attacks just went over it.
The things I will be cutting is the Scorpion and
- Mistcutter Hydra (I have other sources of can't be countered and it not doing anything else than that feels a bit week),
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir (too slow. Even though I love the prospect of being able to double the equipped creature and then have it applied to every other creather, it simply doesn't happen often enough and it doesn't provide value as soon as it lands because it would cost + mana for it to do so),
- Solidarity of Heroes (I have used it as a combat trick but it is too situational especially as I plan to cut some of the counter/hydra creatures),
- Twinflame (often when I am thinking of casting this I realize I would rather cast one of my creatures or wish it was a creature),
- Brash Taunter (thought it would be fun, but it is as I expected - way to slow), Flame-Wreathed Phoenix (I wanted a flying creature but and really only put this in for sentimental reasons but it just isn't doing anything, it is very unsatisfying to double it especially if it already have haste),
- Peregrination (don't think it's worth the cost, added other/earlier ways to ramp),
- Nissa's Pilgrimage (same reason as the other)
Let me know what you think about the cuts and if I could have made better ones!
Now for your recommendations!
- Lurking Predators Sounds like a great idea, would love to hear what you think should be cut from the deck too.
- The Great Henge Yeah I want a few of these, to go into some decks. Have on my "buy it on a bargain" list. Hopefully I can pick it up soon.
- Decimate and Hull Breach Looks like great cards, I have noticed that I really need to put some enchantment/artifact removal in and these two looks like great picks for it.
- Life's Legacy Very nice card! Will probably pick it up, but when do one have to much draw?
- Nature's Lore I was going to add one of these a while back as I thought i had one laying around but I couldn't find it and forgot to acquire one. Will put it on my list :)
- Rishkar's Expertise Added this one!
- Skyshroud Claim I like this card too, but I always find 4 mana ramp to be a little late. You think it's still pulling it's weight?
Beast Within Great card, will be adding this at one point
Berserk Never been a fan of killing my own creatures, but I guess the added benefit of being able to use it on an enemy is nice. I could also Berserk it and then sac it myself with any of the card draw cards. Will be looking out for one if I can find a really cheap one.
Momentous Fall Nice one! Will pick this one up for sure
Return of the Wildspeaker Will add this one too, bought a few of them already a week back but they are taking their sweet time arriving.
Lands I have already added the Bonder's Enclave and will be adding a Myriad Landscape as I have an extra one. I will also look to acquire the other ones. I am thinking of also adding Reliquary Tower as it's likely I will get more than 7 cards in hand after a sacrifice, Mishra's Factory as it's one of the only good manlands I have (doubt Kher Keep will do much here) I am also thinking of adding a Tectonic Edge to deal with other people's lands.
Most of the dragons you mention was about to go into the deck, but then I bought a Secret Lair and built a dragon deck instead. Will be looking into getting most of the dragons you mention here.
There's so many here, hard to pick and choose which to add! I will start with the ones I know I want in Eternal Witness because there is always something that's worth casting twice, Kogla, the Titan Ape can remove a lot of stuff in one go as I can give it haste too, Ilharg, the Raze-Boar been looking to add this guy since day one! But they have always been so over priced in my local market about 7-8$! I managed to find one yesterday for $5! So hopefully it will find it's way to me tomorrow :) Reclamation Sage need more removal so this on should be a given, Sakura-Tribe Elder need a bit more ramp so I can get it out more reliable so this one a good one. Was going to add a Fierce Empath when I opened 2020, must have forgotten!
I am also looking to add Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma and Lifeblood Hydra but they are hard to find in my local market. The other ones I will add to my list and pick them up if I can get them cheap, to at least switch out for some others and see what fits my play style the best!
Would love a Deflecting Swat (in Norin too), but my local market have it quite high, and I think I can find more impactful cards for cheaper. Oh I will definitely upgrade for a Vines of Vastwood and look for a Blossoming Defense, right now my biggest defense against spot removal is Archetype of Endurance but it's so expensive to cast!
There are a lot of cards here that you have mentioned that I have both already added and want to add now that you have brought them to my attention, so I will have to do a lot of cuts and would love to here your thoughts on what should be removed (and if the cuts I already did where good ones) would also love why you think I should remove some cards over others.
Thanks a lot for yet another deep look at my deck! Really appreciate it :)
2 months ago
NoSoyYucateco Okay this is a better idea of what I'm thinking. If there are any suggestions you mentioned that I didn't address. my apologies. It's been a long week haha. I need to cut 8 cards. That being said, I am concerned about my removal, draw, ramp balance. And if possible, I'd like to try and work in any combination of Woodfall Primus, Brutalizer Exarch, and Avenger of Zendikar. Right now, I have Seedborn Muse in there and wanted to get your opinion on it. My thought was to get multiple uses out of Mimic Vat and Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker in a single turn cycle, but now that I'm thinking about it, that might not be such a good use of a slot. Mirrorwing Dragon is in there, but I might sideboard it. It just seemed like a neat idea to target it with Cackling Counterpart or Twinflame, lol.
2 months ago
Cool deck! You might like these: Elemental Bond, Cauldron of Souls, Panharmonicon, Death's Presence, Bramble Sovereign, Minion Reflector, Lovisa Coldeyes, Twinflame, Heat Shimmer, Mimic Vat, Mirage Mirror, Angrath's Marauders, Fiendish Duo, Hissing Iguanar, Vigilante Justice, Ghired's Belligerence