As Caged Sun enters the battlefield, choose a colour.
Creatures you control of the chosen colour have +1/+1.
Whenever a land's ability gains you one or more mana of the chosen colour, gain one additional mana of that colour.
|Have (2)||Forkbeard , metalmagic|
|Want (5)||Kotaff , maelstromverdy , manperson000 , lordbovine , booradleypwns|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Caged Sun occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Caged Sun Discussion
2 days ago
1 week ago
I'm just gonna say it... Command Tower????? Forest is strictly better. Likewise, Three Visits is also strictly better than Rampant Growth. Personally, I like Mindless Automaton better than Harmonize here. It'll almost certainly net more cards overall for the same 4 mana.
Definitely think Gyre Sage should be here. could probably drop Sakura-Tribe Elder for it.
And Caged Sun and Vernal Bloom are always options.
RinceRaven on Kaalia
2 weeks ago
Okay so, this comment is kinda unreadable, and I'mma clean this up a bit, order cards together, give my personal thoughts and then repost it, but here's the dump version also so I can work off it myself
Dragon Tempest, Lightning Greaves, Caged Sun, Thran Dynamo, Aura of Silence, Austere Command, Archangel of Thune, Aurelia, the Warleader, Doom Whisperer, Rakdos, Lord of Riots, Sword of the Animist, Dragon's Hoard, Price of Fame, Ob Nixilis, Unshackled, Angel of Serenity, Kaalia of the Vast, Magus of the Moat, Herald of War, Primevals' Glorious Rebirth, Hazoret's Monument, Firemind Vessel, Worn Powerstone, Thundermaw Hellkite, Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury, Lathliss, the Dragon Queen, Karmic Guide, Sower of Discord, Angel of Condemnation, Blade of Selves, Gilded Lotus, Bolas's Citadel, Tainted Remedy, True Conviction, Deafening Silence, Grasp of Fate, Everflowing Chalice, Grafdigger's Cage
2 weeks ago
Hey there! I have a few suggestions you might just like!
- Fauna Shaman: It's a shaman, it's a great tutor, and it's cheap in mana. Seems like it would fit in great!
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx: Fits in great with any mono-colored deck!
- Strip Mine: Great in any deck, especially in mono-colored ones where you almost always have the colors you need available anyway
- Ancient Tomb: Could easily be that two mana in your commander's mana cost, and is great EDH staple.
- Lignify, Song of the Dryads, Kenrith's Transformation: A great form of creature hate in mono-green. This can be horrible on someone's commander especially if they have no means of removing it. The same goes for a combo piece or just any great creature.
- Heroic Intervention: A great way of protecting your pieces, since it would seriously suck if all the shamans got wiped out
- Collective Unconscious: Another form of shamanic revelation, both of which are reasons to include Reliquary Tower
- Triumph of the Hordes: Could be an entire other wincon if you have a bunch of shamans out
- Wild Growth/Utopia Sprawl: Great ways to ramp in small amounts before you put your commander out
- Sol Ring: It's not a shaman, but still one of the most powerful cards in edh. Definitely add it.
- Three Visits/Nature's Lore: Just like the previous two, these are great ways to ramp before you put out shamans, speeding up your game by a ton
- Jeweled Lotus: I hate that they made this card, but it could basically let you play your commander turn 1. Definitely add it if you have the budget.
- Extraplanar Lens: Kill a forest, and double THEM ALL. You have a lot of basic forests, and I think this card could work very well for you because of that.
- Nissa, Who Shakes the World: This one is much more debatable, but the regular ability is great for ramping and the final ability is just wonderful for you because of all of the forests you have.
- Helix Pinnacle: You have so much ramp and Nissa as previously mentioned would be insane. This guy could be a great win con and act as something to pool all your mana into.
- Nyxbloom Ancient: All your shamans tap for 6?!?!?! Seems great- especially since you can ramp to put it out and fit with the decks theme.
- Caged Sun: Great in a mono-colored deck, buffs all the shamans, and gives you more mana. Could be a great option if you like these sort of doubling and tripling cards.
- Wolf-Skull Shaman: You run a LOT of shamans, and this guy lets you take that fact and benefit it, giving you a ton of tokens over time.
- Birds of Paradise: A great way of building the ramp base from early on, and works as a great blocker if you need to block something big over time since it has flying.
- Burgeoning/Exploration: If you keep the amount of lands you have at the moment, using these guys could make you go crazy and have a bunch of lands. In a four player game, Burgeoning could give you 5 mana turn 2.
- Arcane Signet: Another great way of supporting the mana base early on
I'm afraid that's all I have, just keep in mind, I recommended a lot of stuff that helps you PRE shaman ramp, and if you include too much of that you start drifting away from the shaman theme- don't do that. However just including a few of the better ones might help a ton. And so, good luck on your deck my friend it seems super cool, consider checking out some of my decks, hope this helps, and have a wonderful day. Happy tapping!
1 month ago
You might like these: Patron of the Orochi, Awakening, Extraplanar Lens, Caged Sun, Doubling Cube, Keeper of Progenitus, Nissa, Who Shakes the World, Traverse the Outlands, Llanowar Elves, Birds of Paradise, Wild Growth, Arbor Elf, Squallmonger, Basilisk Collar, Bear Umbra, Wilderness Reclamation
1 month ago
You might like these: Sanctum Seeker, Marauding Blight-Priest, Scion of the Swarm, Syphon Mind, Well of Lost Dreams, Bolas's Citadel, Lich's Mastery, Caged Sun, Hall of Triumph, Obelisk of Urd, Adaptive Automaton, Vanquisher's Banner, Nightmare Lash, Strata Scythe, Heirloom Blade, Throne of the God-Pharaoh
1 month ago
Some good stuff! :D
First of all, I would probably just cut Gauntlet of Power/Caged Sun - mana doubling is nice, but for that mana and before it pays for itself, you could already cast some threatining spells/creatures. Black itself has already a lot of cards that can ramp pretty fast (+Gauntlet will double the mana of opponent's swamps aswell) and this doesnt really looks like some big token army deck to benefit from the +1/+1 buffs.
I'm personally not a big fan of Unstable Obelisk. Permanent removal in black is nice for sure, but for 7 (10) mana its kinda expensive I would say. And as a mana rock, its not a good one, since it wont give you . You should have already more than enough mana, especially with Crypt Ghast, Nirkana, other cheap mana rocks and a lot of lands (copyign Cabal Coffers ftw), you could just play Feed the Swarm as another enchantment/creature removal.
1) Tormod, the Desecrator - there is just few cards that trigger Tormod, but I would recommend Tortured Existence with Phyrexian Altar so you can make infinite etb/die/sac triggers. With something like Desecrated Tomb, which is just another option instead of Tormod, you can make infinite tokens aswell. I run that combo in my Syr Konrad's For the Void deck and it works great.
2) Bolas's Citadel - Citadel is just sooooo good :D You already have Gray Merchant of Asphodel + few free sac outlets (Ashnod's Altar/Woe Strider). If you add Mortuary, you can make infinite etb of Merchant, sac, life-gain and infinite colorless mana. With Phyrexian Altar instead of Ashnod's Altar, Haunted Crossroads is also an option (sac Merchant with Phyrexian altar to pay for Haunted Crossroads cost). Its kinda junky combo, but hey, as long as it works... :D
3) Twilight Prophet - I really like this card, I'll need to somehow make a space for it in my Syr Konrad deck aswell. In combination of the previous engine - Desecrated Tomb + Phyrexian Altar + Tortured Existence and Shadows of the Past, you can "tutor" for anything in your library to get the best value out of Twilight Prophet. Especially if you run aristocrat cards aswell. Also, Shadows of the Past with the engine is 10/10 for the Bolas's Citadel.
4) Pawn of Ulamog - little innocent dude that can go infinite with Nether Traitor and Phyrexian Altar, which would give you another source of inifnite etb/die/sac/mana of any color.
1 month ago
Oh another thing, you should add some mana rocks and other ways to ramp. It doesn't seem like you have anything in here that ramps you. Ramp is very important as it allows you to get to your late game faster. Cards to consider are: Verge Rangers, Keeper of the Accord, Arcane Signet, Sol Ring, Thran Dynamo, Knight of the White Orchid, Weathered Wayfarer, Caged Sun, Nyx Lotus, Gilded Lotus. There are a lot more out there, some that may be better, but regardless, you need some ramp in your deck or else you will likely fall behind in your games. Good Luck out there!