When target creature is put into a graveyard this turn, return that card to play under its owner's control.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Graceful Reprieve Discussion
7 months ago
Spell_Slam: The thing about Graceful Reprieve that I like is that it can target my opponent's creatures. I could use it to rescue my own creatures, or I could use it on an opponent's chump (hopefully) to re-trigger the 12 priests. It's the closest thing I can find to use as Turn to Mist #s 5-8.
Thanks for the help!
1 year ago
Cool deck. I am not sure if you are really looking for suggestions, but I had some thoughts when looking over your list.
I ran a Boros angel-tribal-reanimator list for a while, but eventually took it apart. One thing I learned when playing that deck was that a critical mass of low cmc utility creatures was needed in order to keeping me in the game long enough to start casting my Angels. I'd suggest adding Sakura-Tribe Elder (absolutely great with Emeria Shepherd), Selfless Spirit (more protection), and Remorseful Cleric (good early, excellent utility later) over some of the less impactful angels.
You might also consider swapping Graceful Reprieve with Brought Back as it is both more powerful and versatile. The new Obscuring Haze or the good old Comeuppance seem like better options over Endure. I also think Angelic Arbiter fits well with your Angel/protection theme.
Also, also, there seems to be very little card draw in the deck. Even adding some more egg style mana rocks like Mind Stone and Commander's Sphere might be helpful, but Greater Good and Rishkar's Expertise would both be fantastic here.
+1 from me!
1 year ago
Adarkar Valkyrie, Angelic Renewal, Breath of Life, Cloudshift, Eerie Interlude, Dust Elemental, Ephemerate, Fleetfoot Panther, Flicker of Fate, Galepowder Mage, Ghostway, Gift of Immortality, Graceful Reprieve, Ilharg, the Raze-Boar, Jeskai Barricade, Justiciar's Portal, Legion's Initiative, Lifeline, Marshal's Anthem, Miraculous Recovery, Impact Tremors, Reincarnation, Resurrection, Wanderer's Strike, Sigil of the New Dawn, Rally the Ancestors, Whitemane Lion
2 years ago
After playing last night, I get the feeling that the deck is being pulled into too many different directions. My advice is to lean into the cantrip effects while protecting Feather and the other creatures, and try to win through combat as soon as possible. I think that the token subtheme is solid, but I'd chuck the redirect shenanigans. It would make for a good laugh when/if it finally goes off, but the combo is too fragile, too expensive, and takes up way too many card slots.
My suggestions (in no particular order):
- Gods Willing - Card draw/protection
- Balduvian Rage - Card draw/damage (potentially lethal)
- Niveous Wisps - Card draw/tap down a big creature if you sense that it will be coming at you next combat
- Panic - Card draw/get through a blocker
- Rile - Card draw/trample
- Chaos Warp - Turn tokens into value or deal with an enemy threat
- Samut's Sprint - Set up a card draw with the scry/more damage
- Shelter - Card draw/protection
- Vanguard of Brimaz - Token generation
- Boros Charm - Will likely be used to protect your board state, but could also be used to finish off an opponent(s)
- Aurelia's Fury - Can be abused repeatedly by just pinging one of your creatures/can be used as a finisher
- Seize the Day - Repeatable extra combats
- Ajani's Presence - Protection
- Balefire Liege - Lifegain and extra damage while buffing your creatures
- Iroas, God of Victory - Menace and damage prevention when you're swinging. Definitely.
- Titan's Strength - More damage/Scry to set up card draw
- Valorous Stance - Protection/Destroy an enemy threat
- Guided Strike - Card draw/might be able to first strike surprise someone
- Temur Battle Rage - Finisher
- Accelerate - Card draw/haste
- Grapeshot - You'll be casting enough cheap spells that this could be a finisher
- Swiftfoot Boots - Feather is key to the strategy, so hexproof is going to be very useful. I wouldn't bother with Lightning Greaves though.
- Aetherflux Reservoir - Definitely. Lifegain and one-shotting an opponent.
- Fellwar Stone - R/W are the two least played, so you may have more trouble getting what you want, but more mana is rarely bad.
- Darksteel Ingot - Colored mana rock
- Purphoros, God of the Forge - On the fence with this one, but I think you have enough token generation to warrant him.
- Twinflame - Multiple Heroic trigger and synergizes well with Purphoros
- Spawning Breath - Puke up tokens for ramp/Purph triggers. Bonus points if you proc Heroic.
- Assemble the Legion - Another iffy card that I'd probably only run with the Purph package. It pretty much has to be answered or it will get out of control, but it takes time.
- Skullclamp - Plenty of tokens to draw cards off of. May already have enough card draw, if there is such a thing. Test to find out.
- Bathe in Light - Protection for likely many of your creatures, but no card draw, and it doesn't protect against board wipes.
- Grand Abolisher - We aren't a particularly counter-heavy meta, but I think this might warrant an include to protect from getting hit with a 2-for-1 destroy spell in response to your targeting your creature with a spell. This deck will be reliant on swinging hard every turn.
- Duergar Hedge-Mage - We have a pretty enchantment/artifact heavy meta, but if you are fast enough, it may not matter.
- Runaway Steam-Kin - Useful for storing up some red mana for those X spells, but there aren't many in the deck currently.
- Vandalblast - cough Meta cough
- Soul's Fire - Good way to finish someone off, if you can't get through easily. Might not be necessary.
- Emerge Unscathed - Protection. The free cast is nice, but lacks the card draw.
- Sentinel Tower - Iffy on this one, but I think you'll cast enough spells to make this valuable.
- Graceful Reprieve - ETB triggers/"Protection". Definitely better than Gift of Immortality in this deck, but you should be able to keep your creatures alive without needing this.
- Teferi's Protection - Dodging boardwipes is useful, but this may be unnecessary. No way of abusing Feather's ability here.
- Gilded Lotus - Colored mana rock, but with such a low average CMC, this may not be necessary relative to the cost.
- Fell the Mighty - Board wipe that will let you keep at least something of yours. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Austere Command - Value city. Likely to be used to wipe other threats while keeping your own. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Chandra's Ignition - paired with one of the spells that give protection or indestructible, and targeting a heavy hitter, you can wipe everyone else's creatures and keep your own. Might be too heavy-handed, but probably worth testing.
- Bandage - Card draw/possible protection. The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Heal - Card draw/possible protection The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Crowd's Favor - Not sure that it does enough to warrant a card slot, especially without drawing you a card.
- Galvanic Blast - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Liberate - Currently, the only ETB effects in the deck are Captain of the Watch and Stuffy Doll 's choose a player clause, both of which I would recommend cutting. It would synergize with the Purph package, but even still I'm not sure it warrants a spot, given all the protection you already have.
- Lightning Bolt - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Lightning Strike - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Magnetic Theft - There are currently only two equipments in the deck, and you're unlikely to face too many equipments in our meta, since your decks make up most of the equipment in said meta.
- Shock - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Authority of the Consuls - The small amount of lifegain is unlikely to be needed. The hatebear effect is too easy to play around.
- Gift of Immortality - This card doesn't synergize with much of anything. You're better off running protection spells that Feather can return to your hand.
- Guilty Conscience - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Indestructibility - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Pariah - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Shielded by Faith - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Boros Reckoner - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Captain of the Watch - There are only 3 other soldiers in the deck. She might (barely) make the cut, if you had Purphoros, but I'd likely still cut her.
- Coalhauler Swine - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fabled Hero - Basically, just a beater. I'd much rather proc the other Heroic triggers in order to get tokens to protect against forced sacrifice effects.
- Firesong and Sunspeaker - You have 1 white spell that can trigger this, and that is if you swords your own creature. You have 6 (cut to 2 with these suggestions) red spells that will gain you life. Using Blasphemous Act to gain a bunch of life is neat, but lifegain in Commander is often negligible due to commander damage, and with so few ways of actually triggering this card at all, it definitely doesn't make the cut.
- Stuffy Doll - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Truefire Captain - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fire Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Marble Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Pariah's Shield - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Pearl Medallion - Not enough high CMC white cards to warrant this, especially since it doesn't discount the color cost.
- Chain Lightning - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
2 years ago
Writing up a comment on your deck WarriorMagic.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 44 | 8 COMMENTS | 1669 VIEWS | IN 9 FOLDERS
Made extensive changes to this deck since my previous post a few weeks ago, and it's even more fun now with lots of different ways to win. Polymorph puts all creatures from your library into play to trigger Ally ETBs. Fiery Gambit lets you flip coins to burn opponents out or draw lots of cards and untap your lands. Polymorphous Rush adds a new dimension to the deck, comboing with Silverfur Partisan for an explosive number of Wolves, and creating unexpected synergies with cards already in the deck like Harabaz Druid and Reef Worm. Zulaport Cutthroat works great with and without Polymorphous Rush since the deck kills its own creatures.
Looking to include a few of the cards in the last section of the description like Graceful Reprieve, Reincarnation, Accelerate, Twinflame, Nivmagus Elemental, Jwari Shapeshifter, Chasm Skulker, Mitotic Slime, and Xenagos, the Reveler, so any suggestions for cuts would be great.
3 years ago
How good does the white part work? If not that good, I suggest swapping it for more red, or even black. Black has a fling-like thing: Rite of Consumption and a better Graceful Reprieve in the form of Supernatural Stamina. And buffing creatures when blocking doesn't seem that consistent. Black should have better buffspells.
4 years ago
@celsha While yes Martial Law doesn't do much in the deck, Grafdigger's Cage will result in a disruption to 5 other cards in the deck (Emeria, The Sky Ruin, Field of Souls, Auramancer, Graceful Reprieve, and Defy Death) that is already seen in Rest in Peace, Samurai of the Pale Curtain, and Relic of Progenitus.
4 years ago
I think maybe the whole set lists for MM3 and PCA aren't up yet?
I could not add the following cards:Felidar Umbra (PCA), Graceful Reprieve (MM3), Preyseizer Dragon (PCA), Sever the Bloodline (MM3), Thunder-Thrash Elder (PCA), Ulvenwald Tracker (MM3), Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree (PCA), Wall of Denial (MM3)