|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Common|
|Core Set 2019 (M19)||Common|
|Masters 25 (A25)||Common|
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Common|
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Speed vs. Cunning (DDN)||Common|
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Common|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Common|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Common|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Common|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Act of Treason
Gain control of target creature until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn. (It can attack and this turn.)
Act of Treason Discussion
2 hours ago
I would Sideboard a couple of Fling or Thud if you are going to be doing Threaten effects with Yasova Dragonclaw There are plenty of good options like to steal stuff with like Conquering Manticore and the classic Act of Treason those are just some good SB options
1 day ago
Hey, you're welcome.
In my last comment I suggested 27 cards to add. Of those 27 these are the in my opinion the 10 to consider adding first:
- Lands: Command Tower , Battlefield Forge and Mistveil Plains
- Sol Ring : expensive price card to consider, but is the most played card in Commander because it's amazing ramp for one mana.
- Godo, Bandit Warlord : search for Host or Sunforger and put it onto the battlefield. As long as Gogo is equipped with Host before your combat step it will create an infinite loop of attack steps of creating Godo tokens attacking with them, a game winning combo. This works because Gogo is a legendary creature thus all tokens that are created by Host have haste. For Host to make a copy of the equipped creature you don't have to attack with that creature it happens at beginning of combat.
- Sigarda's Aid : cast equipment at instant speed and when the equipment ETB attach it to a creature you control, both these effects are very powerful.
- Open the Armory : search for Host or Sunforger and put it into your hand.
- Smothering Tithe : expensive price card to consider, but some the best repeatable ramp for white in Commander.
- Swords to Plowshares : exile a creature is very good in Commander.
- Chaos Warp : versatile removal spell since it can target any permanent even your own.
- Knight of the White Orchid : search for Mistveil and put it onto the battlefield.
Here's the 27 cards to consider cutting:
- 2x Mountain
- 1x Plains
- Boros Guildgate
- Vivid Crag
For lands I would cut these that ETB tapped and a few basics.
- Call To Serve
- Candlelight Vigil
- Divine Favor
- Ethereal Armor
- Knightly Valor
- Lightning Talons
- Mirror March
- Vigil for the Lost
Consider cutting these auras? Ethereal Armor is one of the best auras for voltron, but to use it effectively you want to play a lot of enchantments to take advantage of it. Because of Host and Sunforger equipment in my opinion is much better for voltron with Aureila then auras.
The problem with auras is they don't stick around like equipment does. If the creature who's enchanted dies so does the aura. If the creature who's equipped dies then the equipment doesn't die it just becomes unattached from the creature staying on the battlefield. There's much more support for equipment in Boros colors than auras.
- Assault Strobe
- Cleaver Riot
- Cosmotronic Wave
- Fury Charm
- Gleam of Resistance
- Hold the Line
- Show of Valor
- Sure Strike
- Hammer Dropper
- Tenement Crasher
- War-Spike Changeling
- Guardian of the Gateless
- Razia, Boros Archangel
I'm not expecting you to make all these cuts right away, but this is a list of the cards for reference. You can essentially cut any of these cards to add any of the cards I've suggested.
Sunforger is a good/fun card, but there's a catch. You have to control a creature and each time you use Sunforger it has to first be attached to a creature. This means that it's five mana to continually use, to equip to a creature and to use it's ability. Don't misunderstand me this is still good as a repeatable tutor for a instant and cast it for free at instant speed, but it can be better. If you can cut the cost or reduce it some having to equip Sunforger each time then it's better.
Other budget support for Sunforger to consider:
- Brass Squire : good with Aurelia's ability. Tap it to equip Sunforger to Aurelia or another creature. Pay to use Sunforger, attack with Aurelia and then untap all your creatures including Squire. During second combat or later at your second main phase tap Squire to equip Sunforger to a creature, pay to use Sunforger again.
- Auriok Steelshaper
If you find that you're having the problems with Host/Sunforger or other important cards getting exiled by your opponents then you can consider adding Pull from Eternity . This instant can put an exiled card back into your library. Can use it with Sunforger. If you're finding out that blue is a pain in the ass to play against then add Red Elemental Blast .
2 days ago
6 days ago
I thought I would comment as I also chose a Pirate Tribal deck as my first EDH deck which I built about 4 months ago Pirate Tribal Final. It took me some time to work out what direction I wanted to go in with the deck, being Grixis, a preference to one or two colours seemed sensible. Also, pirates are sneaky and like treasure and stealing, right?
I chose to focus on Blue, using evasive abilities to enable me to sneak pirates past blockers, gaining benefits such as card draw from Bident of Thassa and steal the permanents of my opponents with Admiral Beckett Brass . I also went for a treasure subtheme, using cards such as Revel in Riches , Brass's Bounty and Mechanised Production to rapidly generate treasures, either as win-cons or for high-cost spells such as Insurrection or Kindred Dominance .
At the moment, your deck is about equally balanced between all three colours, with limited mana fixing (which treasures would help with), therefore you might stall early by drawing the wrong combination of colours. I would maybe try and lean a bit on one subtheme/colour, more than the rest. Also, you have a number of weak cards in the deck at the moment, Lightning-Rig Crew , Wily Goblin , Sentinel Totem , Smelt , Act of Treason , Fevered Visions , Navigator's Ruin , Raiders' Wake etc. to name a few. Additionally, you use a lot of cards to tap opponents creatures, rather than making yours evasive/unblockable. Many of those cards aren't providing sufficient power to justify their inclusion.
TLDR: I think you are trying to do too much and therefore your deck is spread too thin in important areas. I would pick a specific game plan and build around it.
1 week ago
Hey, you asked my opinion. One time I read about consistence of decks composition. There is a lot of single copy cards, this make the game very unpredictible for yourself, lack of a solid strategy. My advice is to focus in more 3 and 4 copies of a single card and lass 1 and 2. But is a great selection o of card for a Gruul deck.
- Llanowar Elves , keep 4 of it.
- Dire Fleet Daredevil is a good card, but situational, 2 of then if you want to keep.
- Thorn Lieutenant is a good creature, good effect. But more oriented for a token deck, i would not put in this deck.
- Captain Lannery Storm takeout, have no synergy.
- Deathgorge Scavenger same as above.
- Gruul Spellbreaker best creature Gruul, 4 of them.
- Reclamation Sage and Thrashing Brontodon have the same objective. If I would choose Thrashing Brontodon . But have you see the Cindervines ? Is a good adittion, but I wold keep in the Side. For a enchant/artifact more oriented deck. Well, would use 2 or 3 of them if is that the case.
- Now the 4 cost I would consider to run few of them, would slowdown to much the deck.
- Dagger Caster is a good card, but would take it out.
- Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma you dont have that much of 4 power or more in the deck, would take out or increse the number Goreclaw for 3 and put more 4 power creatures. But I dont think is the case.
- Grand Warlord Radha good, not more them 2. since is legendary,
- Nullhide Ferox Very nice! 2 of Him wold make a great addition.
- Ripjaw Raptor Good for a draw. 2 of them but the other 4 creatures are better.
- Vine Mare is a good creature, against black is a unblockeable tank. But same as above, we have better creatures.
- 5, is a liitle mor harder to put on field. but...
- Charging Monstrosaur I love this guy, I would put 3 of them, if you can. Haste, Trample, maybe 6/6 with riot. Perfect.
- Demanding Dragon lets stay wtih only 3 creatures with 5 cost? Só choose betwew the Mostrosaur ou this little Dragon guy here.
- Ravager Wurm 1 is enogh, a nice surprise if you can cast it.
- Lava Coil Good removal, 3 of them, 3 of Lightning Strike or 3 of Thrash / Threat , they have pretty much the same cost and remove cards. Lava Coil is solid, Lightning Strike is flexible and Thrash / Threat work out with yours creatures power. I would choose one of them. Maybe leave one on side.
- Act of Treason I dont think that is a good card to the deck.
- Fight with Fire Great, 2 is a good number for it. can takeout a lot of threats.
- Response / Resurgence , woith Fight with Fire this is a little unecessary. Have a cheap cost, but is situational. Is a instant, make a little more flexible. If you keep it 3 of them would be nice.
- Rhythm of the Wild Put 3 of it, please xD.
- Domri, Chaos Bringer and Vivien Reid . Choose one and keep 2 of it. I wold go with Domri.
2 weeks ago
It is best to link the cards you are discussing by putting their name in between [  ] (sans spaces):
"so we all know that if you gain control of an enchanted or equipped creature you do not also gain control of the auras or equipment attached to that creature. Instead those cards stay on your opponent's side of the field." - that is wrong on multiple accounts.
The battlefield has no sides, it is all one zone, so the placing of the cards is only done to accurately represent information. In theory, you can put every permanent in a single pile and the game would not care at all.
Additionally, if you gain control of a creature, the auras/equipment on it go with the creature. You do not control them, your opponent still does, but they go with the creature and your opponent will have to reequip to a different creature if they want to use their own equipment.
Demonic Appetite is no different. Regardless of who controls the creature the aura will trigger on its controller's upkeep (in this case, you) and make them sac a creature.
3 weeks ago
Ok, how does this Scrap Wars v2 look? I dropped it down to 60 cards. I have 24 lands or 40% of the deck. I could take and switch Boros Guildgate and Stone Quarry to additional Lightning Helix and Act of Treason cards. But this way getting 4 lands on 4th turn should be very likely.
I might probably switch 2x Gates/Quarrys to regular lands in case I get those on third or fourth turn and then have to wait one turn to be able to use them.
It's also my concern that I have much less white than red stuff but equal amount of white and red lands. I've tried to offset it by having Guildgates and Quarrys. Still it might be that I won't be able to properly push my reds like this very effectively.
As for the budget... I think 30 euros sounds like something I could probably invest into this white-red aggro deck for now.
1 month ago
This deck looks super fun, but I do have a few concerns. A lot of this is going to depend on the playgroup you encounter, so take it with a grain of salt. The two main issues I see are EDH-specific removal and go wide decks.
Lets look at removal first. Obviously in a green deck, the ramp you will be getting is going to make it very easy to just regenerate or recast your commander if you need to, but many players run removal that doesn't put your commander back to the command zone. I'm a filthy blue player, so the immediate example for me is Imprisoned in the Moon , but think things like Pacifism , or even Mind Control or Act of Treason effects. Currently, you only have 4 cards that protect against this type of removal in Alpha Authority , Canopy Cover , Swiftfoot Boots , and Krosan Grip . All of these except for grip are only options that work if you preemptively draw and play them, they cannot save your commander if he is already under a bit of removal. That would be fine, but with only 4 pieces of protection, your chances of drawing and playing them before your opponents can respond to your commander is not actually super great. That means you might be staring down a game where your only creature is stuck as a land, or just unable to attack. I would definitley consider trying out either more protection style enchantments, or running something like a sacrifice outlet i.e. Ashnod's Altar . Altar probably isn't the best choice for mono green, but its the first thing I could think of. If you wanted to run more creatures I would recommend trying out something like a Birthing Pod or Evolutionary Leap , but if you want to keep the count low the other option is to run more enchantment removal. Krosan Grip is a good choice, but if you are banking on going tall, you need more ways to defend your dude. With commander damage being a thing, you should be in a good spot to close out the game with only 2 or 3 enchantments on your commander, so I would prioritize more slots to protection to actually be able to swing in.
Go wide decks might be another big issue. Going up against a Krenko, Mob Boss or a Marath, Will of the Wild , even trample might not be enough to get through chump blocks. You are also open to a blowout by just not having enough blocks to stop your opponent. If they swing with 10 tokens and you can only block one, you aren't really going to be alive very long. You do have some Fog effects, but that's potentially not going to be enough on its own, and again it falls into that issue of only being one or two cards in your deck. Something like Silent Arbiter could help out in this aspect. Arboria could be a neat include too once you have your dude suited up. you won't have to cast spells after you have a beefy commander, but your opponents will eventually have to do something, opening them up to attacks. Elephant Grass could be another option, as a token deck probably won't want to pay 10 mana just to sneak in 5 damage.
Also, if you end up doing any playtesting, keep note of what your deck struggles with and feel free to add it to the description. Having a list of problems to tackle helps out a lot in strengthening decks, and it helps commenters stay on the right track a lot easier. This deck does look super fun though, so definitely let me know how it goes in any future games!
Act of Treason occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.03%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%