Artifact — Equipment
Whenever equipped creature attacks, defending player reveals cards from the top of his library until he or she reveals a land card. The creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn for each card revealed this way. That player puts the revealed cards into his or her graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Trepanation Blade Discussion
2 days ago
I like the idea of Trepanation Blade, but let's do some math.
Alright, so the average modern deck is about a little less that 1/3 lands. That means on average you'll give a creature +3/+0 going unblocked. That bonus seems a little lame compared to, say, any of the swords but BoM and FaF, both of which just aren't right for this. plus, you're fueling your opponent's Goyfs, Tasigurs, GraveTrolls, and other nasties.
3 days ago
Mind Grind, Traumatize and Trepanation Blade are usually a little too slow for modern. Altar of the Brood is a little iffy, too, as it really just depends on how many permanents you draw, but you do run a slightly permanent heavy list. I recommend cards that are a little more mana efficient such as Mind Funeral, Visions of Beyond, and Thought Scour. Also, Drowned Catacomb might be a little nicer on the life total than Underground River, and Ghost Quarter can take lands directly out of their library and get Archive Trap activations. :P
1 week ago
Yeah i had my doubts about Trepanation Blade as well, and the Neurok Stealthsuit seemed an option because of the 'instant equip' factor it has. I had Inkfathom Witch removed because its ability mana cost didn't seem efficient to me at first since i always had only a few creatures in the battlefield.I'm really bent to have Swiftfoot Boots over Neurok Stealthsuit. Swords are too costly and situational imo. I thought of Sinister Possession to avoid opponents having heavy creatures that could attack me and in the case that taking damage was not an option. Grimoire Thief and Pulse Tracker are definitely an option, but i would still have a better damage-effect card that was not too costly than yet more creatures. Thanks for the suggestions btw. I'm probably gonna use a couple of them!
1 week ago
You have 15 creatures and 19 things to attach to them, 8 of which stick when the creatures dies. I feel like this ratio is unplayable. If I were to have to lay down a starting point, I'd want to have at least 1 creature for each enchantment and 2 for each piece of equipment.
I think cuts will be easy tho.
Trepanation Blade is better at self-mill than crushing and you have no graveyard strategy.
Rouges, especially when you have so few, won't really block often so Sinister Possession seems sort of inefficient. I don't have a better example but when you can make the argument that Unholy Strength is a functional equivalent you may want to reconsider your strategy.
1 week ago
1 week ago
Trepanation Blade? Especially in a format like EDH where people tend to play things like Boundless Realms to tutor out their lands, that can be especially painful, even better if you manage to be able to equip it to your Szadek, Lord of Secrets
|Avg. draft pick||2.39|
|Avg. cube pick||3.36|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Trepanation Blade + Undead Alchemist
- Prossh, Skyraider of Kher + Trepanation Blade
- Jace's Phantasm + Trepanation Blade
- Invisible Stalker + Trepanation Blade
- Blighted Agent + Trepanation Blade + Viral Drake
- Blighted Agent + Trepanation Blade
- Crosstown Courier + Trepanation Blade
- Goblin Guide + Trepanation Blade
- Stolen Identity + Trepanation Blade
- Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker + Trepanation Blade
- Szadek, Lord of Secrets + Trepanation Blade
- Altar of Dementia + Trepanation Blade + Undead Alchemist
- Altar of Dementia + Trepanation Blade
- Bonehoard + Trepanation Blade
- Consuming Aberration + Trepanation Blade
- Child of Night + Sunbond + Trepanation Blade
- Dimir Infiltrator + Trepanation Blade
- Sunbond + Tithe Drinker + Trepanation Blade
- Thassa, God of the Sea + Trepanation Blade
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Trepanation Blade
- Trepanation Blade + Wrexial, the Risen Deep