Artifact — Equipment
Whenever equipped creature attacks, defending player reveals cards from the top of his library until he or she reveals a land card. The creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn for each card revealed this way. That player puts the revealed cards into his or her graveyard.
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
- Dauthi Marauder + Trepanation Blade
- Angelic Exaltation + Blighted Agent + Trepanation Blade
- Azorius Knight-Arbiter + Corrupted Conscience + Trepanation Blade
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Trepanation Blade occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Trepanation Blade Discussion
4 months ago
Alright, let's see if maybe this will help. I'm really new to everything on here sorry. //Lands 2 Dismal Backwater 1 Dimir Guildgate 2 Submerged Boneyard 4 Evolving Wilds 2 Desert of the Mindful 1 Arcane Lighthouse 1 Reliquary Tower 1 Temple of the False God
//Spells 4 Duress 2 Ghoulcaller's Chant 3 Macabre Waltz 3 Sleep 4 Slip Through Space 2 Taigam's Scheming 4 Tome Scour 4 Lich's Caress 4 Sovereign's Bite 4 Resourceful Return 3 March of the Returned 1 In Garruk's Wake 1 Army of the Damned 1 Dutiful Return 1 Decompose 1 Worst Fears 1 Rise of the Dark Realms 4 Hubris 4 Countermand 1 Tezzeret's Touch 1 Paranoid Delusions 1 Coerced Confession 2 Mind Sculpt 1 Compelling Argument 1 Index 1 Redirect 1 Dream Twist 2 Gift of Tusks 2 Rewind 3 Thought Scour 2 Psychic Spiral 1 Gigadrowse 4 Negate 1 Overwhelming Denial 1 Dramatic Reversal 1 Impulse 2 Cremate 3 Crypt Incursion 2 Grim Harvest 1 Scarab Feast 1 Grim Return 1 Gravepurge 1 Dark Ritual 4 Font of Return 3 Death's Approach 2 Cast into Darkness 1 Triskaidekaphobia 1 Grave Betrayal 1 Endless Ranks of the Dead 3 Invisibility 2 Curiosity 4 Curse of the Bloody Tome 3 Illusory Wrappings 3 Ice Over 1 Chronic Flooding 1 Navigator's Ruin 1 Chant of the Skifsang 3 Bone Saw 3 Millstone 3 Tormod's Crypt 2 Trepanation Blade 1 Ghoulcaller's Bell 1 Masterwork of Ingenuity 1 Sol Ring 1 Nihil Spellbomb 1 Illusionist's Bracers 1 Codex Shredder 1 Profane Memento 1 Loxodon Warhammer 1 Bonehoard 1 Trusty Machete 1 Mirari 1 Argentum Armor
//Creatures 1 Archetype of Finality 1 Overeager Apprentice 1 Agent of Erebos 1 Butcher Ghoul 1 Risen Executioner 1 Dutiful Attendant 1 Sly Requisitioner 1 Sepulchral Primordial 2 Zombie Assassin 1 Nightmare 1 Marshmist Titan 3 Graven Abomination 4 Workshop Assistant 4 Guardians of Meletis 2 Phyrexian Revoker 2 Ornithopter 1 Juggernaut 2 Veilborn Ghoul 2 Minotaur Abomination 4 Undead Servant 3 Gravedigger 2 Mogis's Marauder 2 Bogstomper 4 Walking Corpse 3 Corpse Hauler 4 Gravewaker 2 Returned Phalanx 3 Faerie Miscreant 1 Master of Predicaments 2 Benthic Giant 1 Stormtide Leviathan 4 Screeching Skaab 2 Seer of the Last Tomorrow 1 Floating-Dream Zubera 3 Fog Bank 1 Possessed Skaab 3 Armored Skaab 2 Murmuring Phantasm 1 Wall of Frost 4 Doorkeeper 1 Clever Impersonator 1 Jace's Mindseeker 1 Oculus 1 Mindshrieker 1 Willbreaker 1 Spellweaver Eternal 1 Wall of Mist 1 Sultai Skullkeeper 1 Diregraf Captain
6 months ago
Geth, Lord of the Vault is pretty cool but I like the Thief and the Specter over him just due to their low CMC, 3 is a lot more attainable than 6.
Tormod's Crypt probably wouldn't be a bad idea but I've got a bit of a rep for always running it as a "pet" card so I was trying to avoid it so as not to be predictable. Elixir of Immortality is a classic and I'll probably play test it.
I think you're correct about Fraying Sanity it's not bad a closer but honestly I've got the Commander kill win con built in as a late game closer as it stands. Fact or Fiction is a tough one, if nothing else it always creates tension at the table and can lead to good politicking but I think there are better options for sure.
Archaeomancer was left on the cutting room floor due to barely having a dozen viable targets for it. I'd rather spend the 4 mana elsewhere, especially in a deck with no bounce/ETB abuse
Sphinx's Tutelage now that has some solid potential, especially as another infinite mana dump that leads to crushing the whole table.
Thanks for the suggestions!
6 months ago
Here are my thoughts:
Out: Thief of Sanity, Nightveil Specter, Duskmantle Guildmage, Fact or Fiction, Fraying Sanity
The Thief of Sanity and Nightveil Specter both require combat damage to get the effect and you have a lot of other creatures doing the same things. I know it is a theme of the deck, and I'm not saying to take both of them out, but consider one or both depending on the other cards recommended. Duskmantle Guildmage requires a lot of mana and just feels kinda weak. Fact or Fiction is a good card but I think you would be better served with other options. Fraying Sanity only targets a specific player and you have no way to reset. I know it allows you to target "that player" but something just feels off about it.
Consider: Geth, Lord of the Vault, Archaeomancer, Psychic Corrosion, Memory Erosion, Sphinx's Tutelage, Tormod's Crypt, Trepanation Blade and Elixir of Immortality.
Let me know what you think.
7 months ago
Cards I would change for others that just seems better IMO.
Cards you can just cut out for others I have proposed
Pyromancer's Goggles but it's up to you honestly.. just have no good experience with this card personally
Panharmonicon (not sure why you play it tho..)
If you want to, you can drop the "dragon" part of the deck.. it's original, funny, but I think you don't need that to win.. So cards like Crucible of Fire , Dragon Tempest , Dragon's Hoard , can be replace.
8 months ago
- Ok so for starters your SB (sideboard) is for games after the 1st game, you want cards that help you solve problems in the match up you are against. For example Crypt Incursion is good against decks that want creatures in their graveyard.
- Shelldock Isle is an amazing card
- Fatal Push push is great when you have cards like Arid Mesa . Its one mana kill a dude. In more causel games it doesn't solve with big dudes. Murder is a card I use a lot in casual play just due to the fact it kills anything. Doom Blade is also good, as well as Hero's Downfall . - Visions of Beyond is a 4 of in every competitive mill deck. However, those decks are a lot faster. 1 mana draw a card is like a worse version of blue. If you have issues getting that card's up side cut it for opt.
- Ashiok, Dream Render helps you mill faster so i might consider putting 2 in the main deck.
- Unmoored Ego its a nice card, My only probelm with it is you want them to just deck themselves. Thats 3 mana 4 cards at best. Its not very effective. Mind Funeral mills more, plus its 4 less lands so they wont be able to get land drops as easily which makes casting spells harder.
- Wall of Lost Thoughts helps keep you alive which is always nice.
- Manic Scribe is a great card as well.
- Being its casuel this card is soooooo tilting Consuming Aberration Its so much fun I might even consider running 3. You are a 22-24 land deck which means you should be able to cast it often enough, and when you do it can be game winning.
- Sphinx's Tutelage can also help your deck.
- Traumatize is funny as well. There is a fish that does the same thing i cant rememebr its name.
- Increasing Confusion Reoccurring Nightmare are also fun.
- Another way to approach this deck is cards like Trepanation Blade + Tormented Soul and Paranoid Delusions and Whispering Madness . It can be a fun deck to play with.
8 months ago
10 months ago
If you're looking for solid equipment, some cards I'd suggest are Godsend , Hammer of Nazahn , and the brand new Embercleave . I would think about tossing Trepanation Blade , it's honestly as likely to help the opponent as hurt them when you send cards from their deck to the grave.
10 months ago
There's also the Akroan Crusader that's a Red 1 drop that'll produce 1/1 tokens.
I've built around the heroic mechanic before and it is fun. If left unchecked it'll get out of hand in a hurry, but with this deck I'm semi going for the speed aggro thing, since the double strike creatures with all the pumps are in there. I was just trying to stay away from that Colossus Hammer . I think it looks cool, but I think everything in the deck leads up to that combo, where I want this to be something a little more versatile. Same goes for Trepanation Blade