, , Discard a card: You gain 4 life.
, , Pay 1 life: Create a 0/1 white Goat creature token.
, , Sacrifice a creature: Return target artifact card from your graveyard to your hand.
, , Sacrifice an artifact: Draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||CampbellStev , Regulus1010 , accioali , rockleemyhero , redlegs_17 , Swamy , Nemesis , Hootiequack , golgarigirl , pskinn01 , switchkill65 , Tiddilywinkus , Mousemke , zachi|
Trading Post Discussion
17 hours ago
Hey antismart, thanks. It's my favourite EDH deck and I've seen quite a bit of success with it.
Regarding the Requiem Angel, it's probably not a good idea IMO if your meta is super competitive. The effect is nothing short of amazing - it synergises with Teysa so well - but 6 mana hurts if games seldom go past turn 7-8. Otherwise it's good - and the fact that's it's a 5/5 flier helps close the game sometimes.
As for other cards, if you're looking for slots, maybe:
Gravecrawler (because it's hard to recur and you already have other 4 recurring creatures),
Trading Post (I've run it myself for a long time and it very seldom worked for me - it just does very little not quite often compared to what, say, Recruiter or Stoneforge offer)
I am probably way out of line here though - your list is very sweet and I am sure there are very good reasons for the above inclusions. I haven't tested the Recruiter thoroughly enough yet but Flitter and Stoneforge are amazing and the Ophiomancer is Bitterblossom No.2 most of the time.
2 days ago
CynicalDog Probably not a bad idea to replace three wastes with the Urza's trio, even though I've never seen all three on the board at the same time.
MagesOfTheBeach The only real problem is exile. There isn't much we can do about people exiling all of our combo pieces. Null Brooch is the best protection we have as well as Conqueror's Flail (which I may add to the deck). But, every deck has that problem.
6 days ago
At Profet93, I just checked out your deck and it definitely looks really nice!!! I almost went the creature-less route on this one but it would screw with my playgroup's meta a bit too much and would draw a lot more hate. I'll leave some comments on your page.
Shizo, Death's Storehouse is not needed here because Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed already has horsemanship making him virtually unblockable. I have not come across another horsemanship user and the card would not be useful enough with my other creatures to merit a slot.
I like Overwhelming Forces more than Decree of Pain because of flavor and it being a much more political card. Sometimes you only want to knock down one unruly opponent. Also, it has no effect on your board-state (aside from drawing you extra cards).
Trading Post is a possibility. I'll need to test this out.
My grief with Corpse Dance is that I need to keep track of the order of my graveyard. Once people start seeing cards in my graveyard, everyone wants a look and which creature is the "top" creature becomes a blur. I love the card, but the added logistics make it frustrating to use. It might make a return soon and, if so, I'll cut out Necromancy. I'll probably also cut Reanimate in favor of Chainer, Dementia Master.
Snuff Out is there for flavor. I have the version with the Liliana art as well as the Liliana version of Demonic Tutor and SDCC versions of the usable Liliana planeswalkers. I could probably cut it for a foil Karn Liberated, but it has scored me some sweet kills.
Thanks for the advice!! It is definitely greatly appreciated. Always glad to run into another Xiahou Dun user!
1 week ago
Greetings fellow Kurkesh player, and welcome to the dark arts of artifice! He is certainly an amazing general, and my take on his deck is more combo-centric. You would only have to add a Gilded Lotus to enable both infinite red mana and artifact untaps with it, Kurkesh, and Voltaic Key. This makes several utility artifacts such as Trading Post or Codex Shredder turn into win conditions. I love that about the deck since virtually all cards are useful both in and out of combo useless outside of the combo. Your take seems more budget-friendly and grindy, so a package with Clock of Omens and Myr Turbine can be really fun with Strionic Resonator abuse. Definitely will try some of your token ideas.
Also Dreamstone Hedron. It gets out of hand quickly.
2 weeks ago
I'm in the process of revamping my Ayli deck into a tribal deck and your decklist gives me some great ideas so thank you for that. Welcome back to magic :) Some feedback for you:
I think instead of categories named "ramp" and "mana rocks", they should be "ramp" and "draw". This will give you a better idea of how many draw spells you actually have, which (in my opinion) you don't have enough for such a low mana curve. And on the ramp side of things, I'd stick in 2-3 more.
More commander protection.
Considerations for adds
- Westvale Abbey Flip - Good alternative win-con and an okay token generator if you have nothing else to do
- Wrath of God / Fumigate / etc - OG wrath, and a great on-theme wrath. I'd recommend more than just the one you have but it depends on playgroup. Also casting this after you get the Battalion trigger from Frontline Medic makes me foam at the mouth
- Suture Priest - second cousin of the soul sisters
- Pious Evangel Flip - third cousin,twice removed in-law of the soul sisters
- Sun Titan - Double recursion, and you have so many targets with your curve
- Dawn of the Dead - What's nice about this recursion option is you aren't forced to exile the creature if it'd somehow leave the battlefield through other means cough Ayli cough
- Knight of the White Orchid - ramp
- Wayfarer's Bauble - ramp
- Sword of the Animist - ramp. You'll most likely sac the creature away before combat resolves anyway.
- Pristine Talisman - ramp, lifegain. Best of the bunch of 3 CMCs for this deck. Possibly 1-2 additional 3/4 CMC* rocks.
- Oath of Lieges - ramp
- Swiftfoot Boots - protection
- Gift of Immortality - protection. I love comboing with this and a high toughness creature although it can also be used for Ayli
- Darksteel Plate - protection
- Trading Post - great utility for this deck
- Heliod, God of the Sun - Not the best God out there but very thematic for the deck
- Viridian Longbow - turns Ayli into a sniper with her Deathtouch
- Illusionist's Bracers - double up Ayli's abilities
- Custodi Soulbinders - big boy in multiplayer
- Mikaeus, the Unhallowed - if you have a lot of non-humans this could go a long way
- Archangel of Thune / Cliffhaven Vampire / Vizkopa Guildmage - weaponize that lifegain
- Pontiff of Blight - I see him in your sideboard--I think his ability is great for this deck and he's got a big butt
- Phyrexian Processor - with enough lifegain you could make X pretty large. Combos great with Children of Korlis
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel - this guy can damn near win the game for you if you can recur him enough times
- Tree of Perdition - somewhat gimmicky but you can see its potential with Ayli
- Any of the three Elspeth Planeswalkers are solid in this deck.
- draw - I'm struggling with this myself. Ambition's Cost, Greed, Necropotence, Jar of Eyeballs, Dark Prophecy, Mind's Eye, Disciple of Bolas, Harvester of Souls, Promise of Power
Considerations for removal
- Exorcist - I'm not a fan because it's only black, that's too restrictive
- Orzhov Signet - *my issue with the signet is that it's CMC is 2 which conflicts with Ayli. I'd rather get slightly more value out of a 3 CMC the turn after
- Orzhov Pontiff - Ability seems minimal at best but maybe i have tunnel vision
- Hidden Stockpile - Maybe switch to Bitterblossom if price isn't a concern. Or, if you add some of the other token generators maybe this one won't be needed anyway
- Martyr of Sands - Not nearly enough card draw to get a huge benefit out of this
2 weeks ago
Urborg can usually help offset the colorless mana and you have a lot of tutors for it. Another tutor worth considering is Diabolic Tutor. Moreover, since 1/5th of your deck is artifacts, Buried Ruin and Trading Post are forms of recursion that might spark your interest.
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
TheDoctor_Y2K More goats more better right? I'm not sure i run enough artifacts to fully utilize Trading Post. Although the post does do have a lot of options, which is good. This is my first time running Springjack Pasture, do you run it? If so how often are you sac'ing goats to get mana? I was mostly considering it a colorless Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree.