|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
At the beginning of your upkeep, investigate. (Put a colourless Clue artifact token onto the battlefield with ", Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")
, Sacrifice three Clues: Search your library for a card and put that card into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (30)||Willis1994 , , PhotogenicParasympathetic , AlucardZain , Dr_Jay , rikertchu , Riku580 , marcus638 , mziter501 , The_Grape , itheoryz , twistedmage , PTsmitty , ducttapedeckbox , rdean14 , Big-Foot , Mortiferus_Rosa , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Lindough , YossarianLives , voidruby , Dr_Doomtrain , Famicomania , Snydog17 , KB2187 , darthnuchi , ecurps , GoldGhost012 , Fwaffle , Notepad95|
|Want (38)||pphhaazzee , TotalSundae , N3M0 , Elphane , Ntothemana , BringerOfStorms , Flurrel , DonRosenberger , Zeldark , pieguy744 , CaptianClueless , TiredTofu , Talonisnthavingit , Hakira , rikimaru188 , cybertop , obitus , Benjamin909 , Slythe , Cunningcrow , kovellen , RoninH3RO , Kogan1911 , MirrorMountain , nealcm , FiveEightFiveBC , Techunique , Sherrodninja , Awuztein , kza , fireborne1986 , Gryffix , RHF , Animale , akki007 , bbtancakes , higgybaby , loganbowers|
Tamiyo's Journal Discussion
13 hours ago
Even in casual edh, you’re gonna need draw! Reforge the Soul, Magus of the Wheel, Geier Reach Sanitarium, and Mikokoro, Center of the Sea are my favorite budget options, and I also really like Howling Mine, Tamiyo's Journal, Staff of Nin, and maybe Wheel of Fate
Can’t believe you aren’t running one of my favorite angels in the game, Karmic Guide!
Leave / Chance is a card I think more Boros players should run because it’s another Boros Charm effect, only it protects everything from exile and sacrifice, it’s a Brand effect, and it’s an emergency draw source!
2 weeks ago
I can tell just by looking at this briefly that this build has been improved over time as it looks very refined. As I am not experienced with this commander, take my comments with a grain of salt as you are more of the expert here.
I wonder if you could make use of more token producers - specifically ones that make at least 3 1/1 creatures at a time in order to use Teysa's first ability on demand if she's the only creature in play. Cards that come to mind include: Sengir Autocrat, Benevolent Offering, Increasing Devotion, Entrapment Maneuver, Spectral Procession, Martial Coup.
I think more card draw effects would be nice. I'm very surprised to not see Mentor of the Meek in here. I would argue that Read the Bones is strictly better than Painful Lesson. But overall I would consider adding a few more, some that come to mind that play well are: Damnable Pact, Skeletal Scrying, Blood Divination, Altar's Reap, Ancient Craving.
I think you could use more mana ramp. Besides mana rocks, you could take advantage of treasures with cards like Pitiless Plunderer.
Not sure if you've thought about focusing on strong cards that care about low CMC. Besides Mentor of the Meek, other cool cards could be added (some would even interact with Teysa): Unearth, Sun Titan, Reveillark, Citywide Bust.
Fun cards that come to mind that you could add:
- Razaketh, the Foulblooded Not a cheap card at around $6, but could be insane in this deck.
- Archfiend of Despair - also around $6 and high cmc, but would be nuts for ending a long game quickly
- Krav, the Unredeemed I know you said you recently traded him, but it could be worth hunting down another cheap non-foil one and run him with Regna, the Redeemer.
- Bontu the Glorified and/or Oketra the True
- Athreos, God of Passage not cheap at $12, but could be useful when you don't have tokens to sacrifice
- Eliminate the Competition - very underestimated IMO
- Black Market I'm usually very picky when it comes to enchantments at 5+ CMC, but maybe this one would be worth it in a long game since it sees tokens dying.
Lastly, a few cards I think could possibility be cut for any of the above (I am often eager to cut high CMC cards btw):
- Treasury Thrull - a good effect I'll admit, but I'm just not thrilled with the 6 CMC. If reviving creatures is your main goal, something like a Hell's Caretaker's effect for less mana might be better.
- Voldaren Pariah Flip - at her cmc with that effect, I think I'd rather run a board wipe instead
- Vizkopa Confessor - looks like a fun card, but I don't like the CMC.
- Profane Command - I don't know that this should be cut, but I'd encourage you to really ask yourself which modes you typically use because you might be able to get a card with the desired mode for less mana. If X spells are a way for you close out the game, you could consider Exsanguinate or Torment of Hailfire.
- Tamiyo's Journal - looks like a fun card, but idk about the cmc, requires a long game before providing lots of value.
- Tainted Sigil - I've never seen this card before, does it pay off well? I just don't like that people can see it on the board.
Overall, very impression decklist - glad you rebuilt it. Eager to face it next week.
3 weeks ago
Hmm... Looked it up. Blue doesn't seem to have much for clues to warrant Tamiyo's Journal. I guess I could disregard the Time Walking effects...
If that's why you mentioned both Tutors...
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Vedalken Orrery, Thought Vessel, Solemn Simulacrum, Sea Gate Wreckage, Paradox Engine, Tamiyo's Journal, Elixir of Immortality, Witchbane Orb, Seer's Sundial, Myriad Landscape, Ash Barrens, Thaumatic Compass Flip, Sensei's Divining Top go well in almost every deck
1 month ago
Just found the name from earlier, landofMordor...
He/She/It suggested Tamiyo's Journal & since then, here we are now...
With a new Tierlist of 0-4 where most Boros Commanders are Tier 3; basically a downgrade, I'd like a response from them regarding this... & the slate for this deck as well. I'll contact them from here, but I'd like your thoughts as well, landofMordor...
1 month ago
Actually, forgot one...
Tamiyo's Journal (Bygone Bishop & Thraben Inspector work wonders with this. The latter can be flickered an endless amount of times, & the former watching for CMC3 cards cast by me both give me a Clue(s). Get 3, & you can get a card for free! You can even flicker the Journal for huge value! You want Value Town? Someone at Twitter actually recommended this to me, & I know how to use it to Boros' max! I'll note that person after...)
1 month ago
Tamiyo's Journal would fit nicely here too.