|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Rare|
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Crucible of Fire
Dragon creatures you control get +3/+3.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (25)||Msgstallion , ironax , joshw335 , MythicWinter111 , failurechild88 , maR2307 , Antiat , Ellyreia , sonnet666 , Nemesis , ChainerDragon65 , Friedrice24 , Regulus1010 , Unjust_DiabIo , mziter501 , philktoken8998 , the.beanpole , darthnuchi , MattN7498 , golgarigirl , Wiggins , saj0219 , rockleemyhero , rakdos24 , pskinn01|
Crucible of Fire Discussion
2 days ago
I recommend running both Dragon Tempest and Temur Ascendancy as Temur Ascendancy is remarkably better than Elemental Bond. Also you don't need Crucible of Fire or Obelisk of Urd. Your dragons are already 4, 5, and 6 power and that's more than most other creatures.
4 days ago
Here are some cards I would try to work in somehow. Crux of Fate, Stormbreath Dragon, Silumgar's Scorn, Nicol Bolas, and Crucible of Fire. You could use Form of the Dragon but it would be pretty risky. Dragonlord Kolaghan counts as an "Elder" creature and a "Dragon" creature so put him in! Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius Would be some sweet card draw and cheap creature removal.
5 days ago
Ok ok so, i have a commander deck with Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund as the commander. The deck itself has functioned pretty well up until recently, i have been getting completely rekt early game. Do keep in mind i have not been playing long and do not have a great understanding of cards or of a good build, in fact this is the first deck i have ever built. All i really need help with is early game because dinos have been destroying me as of late. The deck is built as follows:i have no clue what im doing dragons
1 week ago
Hey there! Cool Dragon deck you have here! I have some comments for you:
- First of all, your mana base looks a little low on lands. I would recommend going up to around 24 lands or so. Also, if you have the money, I would recommend investing in some dual-lands that enter the battlefield untapped sometimes, like Rootbound Crag, Cinder Glade, or Karplusan Forest. This isn't necessary by any means, though, so feel free to just add a couple basics and move on with your life :)
- As I mentioned earlier, I would recommend cutting most of your 1-ofs. I would recommend picking 1-3 really powerful dragons, and running 2-3 copies of each, rather than 1-2 copies of 9 different dragons. Here are the ones I would cut: Archwing Dragon, Destructor Dragon, Harbinger of the Hunt, Hunted Dragon, Lightning Shrieker, and Siege Dragon.
- I would instead run 2 Atarka, World Render, 3 Foe-Razer Regent, and 3 Savage Ventmaw.
- Thunderbreak Regent is an amazing card here. 4 mana for a 4/4 flying dragon with upside is fantastic.
- Elvish Mystic is probably better ramp than Voyaging Satyr, so I would replace the 4 Satyrs with 3 Mystics. If you really want the access to red mana, and you decide to go with Cinder Glades as your additional nonbasics, Arbor Elf is also an option (Cinder Glade is technically a Forest).
- Overgrowth is also probably better than Greenweaver Druid, because the Druid is so fragile. A 1/1 will die to any removal spell, while an enchantment will just sit around on your land making you mana.
- While this may not be easy to understand, Crucible of Fire doesn't really do much. If you have three or four dragons being pumped by it, you're probably winning already. This is what we call a "win-more" card, and you can read more about why they're not great for your deck here if you'd like.
- Dragon Tempest, on the other hand, is really good here. It should be your primary source of removal, so I'd replace the three Bathe in Dragonfires with Dragon Tempests, flavorful though they may be.
- Guild Feud and Ulvenwald Tracker also don't do a lot. Sure, the Tracker is good removal, but you have better removal. Guild Feud lets you get dragons out, but you can already get dragons out for 6 mana. I'd cut both of them.
If you make all of these changes, your deck might look a little something like this: Sarkhan's Dragons 2.0. I'll be sure to leave it up for at least a couple weeks if you'd like.
I'm a huge fan of green/red ramp-style decks, so it's always fun for me to see a new Dragon player out there :)
In any case, good luck!
1 week ago
Hey looking for some feed back on this deck, it's a budget deck and relatively fun to play but what are some good cards to add as I don't have a side board yet.
1 Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker (Planeswalker, Mythic Rare)1 Atarka, World Render (Rare)1 Archwing Dragon (Rare)1 Crucible of Fire (Rare)1 Dragon Tempest (Rare)1 Foe-Razer Regent (Rare)3 Frontier Siege (Rare)1 Guild Feud (Rare)1 Ulvenwald Tracker (Rare)2 Setessan Tactics (Rare)1 Hunted Dragon (Rare)1 Siege Dragon (Rare)1 Harbinger of the Hunt (Rare)
1 week ago
1 week ago
I think some more ramp and rocks might help. Some suggestions:
There are other ways to speed things up too. Fist of Suns and Frontier Siege can power out your Commander many turns in advance. The latter has the additional benefit of late game versatility should you not need the extra mana. If you want to try and slow things down, Gravitational Shift is basically all upside for you.
Finally, here's a handful of cards I think you might want to consider for various reasons:
1 week ago
My favorite dragon overall is Thundermaw Hellkite. Not only is a 5/5 flying haste for 5 a solid deal, but tapping down every flying would-be-blocker is ridiculous. Skyline Despot also really powerful and has awesome art (yes it's wearing armor).