Put two 1/1 white Kithkin Soldier creature tokens onto the battlefield.
Retrace (You may cast this card from your graveyard by discarding a land card in addition to paying its other costs.)
Printings View all
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Cenn's Enlistment Discussion
3 months ago
Updated; may be putting too much stock in Witching Well , but it just seems so solid in this deck. Scry 2, draw 2 for 5 mana is reasonable with how long of games this deck tends to play. Fetching with Mage is solid. May cut one for another Bolt/Skred.
Starting in paper at a new LGS soon, so updates will be forthcoming, especially for the SB. Cenn's Enlistment is definitely a pet card of mine, so forgive me.
1 year ago
Oh? Then if you want to make it a life deck, I'd encourage you to take a look at Karlov of the Pings. It's a life gain deck of mine, has a lot of great stuff. However it should be noted that to truly break Krav's ability there should be some token producers too.
Benevolent Offering can win you some friends on the table. Brimaz, King of Oreskos is a powerhouse. Captain's Claws can be equipped to Regna. Cenn's Enlistment can get rid of garbage lands. Doomed Traveler is a generally great card. Entreat the Angels is awesome. Ghoulcaller Gisa is oddly both a sac outlet AND token producer. Hero of Bladehold is a legend. Hidden Stockpile is honestly pretty good. Hoofprints of the Stag and Krav work great together. Hunted Witness is a slightly worse Doomed Traveler, Icatian Crier is a great way to pitch lands. Legion's Landing Flip is a nice one-drop and a permanent source in the late game. Leonin Warleader is nice. Lingering Souls is a classic. Militia's Pride, along with all these other cards, makes me wonder if attack-based tokens is a viable modern strategy. Mobilization is great if the game gets stagnant. Monastery Mentor is soooo good. Necromancer's Covenant is insane against aristocrats. Ogre Slumlord is a great rattlesnake and honestly the freaking best. Ophiomancer isn't quite as good, but still nice. Patrol Signaler- again with the attackers! Pawn of Ulamog could also be a great mana source, in the same vein as Sifter of Skulls. Promise of Bunrei seems really good. Quest for the Gravelord is a good thicc boi. Raise the Alarm is actually pretty underrated. Regal Bloodlord is great here. Sacred Mesa is great, and very repeatable. Smothering Abomination would be devastating here. Sengir Autocrat is 4 sac targets. Skirsdag High Priest can make some thicc bois. Sorin, Lord of Innistrad and Sorin, Grim Nemesis are both perfect for this deck. Twilight Drover is also freaking amazing. Wingmate Roc is, once again, practically designed to be played here!
1 year ago
Angelic Edict, Battle Screech, Cenn's Enlistment, Excommunicate, Iona's Judgment, Sheer Drop, Excoriate, Take Vengeance, Angelic Renewal, Floating Shield, Seal of Cleansing just to name some cards id want to see here
1 year ago
1 year ago
You mentioned in another thread you had tried /R /U /G variants to moderate success, is the same true for /B? My local meta is pretty high in control / mill / burn and being able add 4 Scoured Barrens and swap out Soltari Trooper and Cenn's Enlistment for cards like Syphon Life, Castigate, Raven's Crime or Devour Flesh would be an asset in those matchups.
I'm also pretty curious about Gods Willing over Stave Off. I can see how in a deck with no card manipulation scrying is valuable but losing the soft-counter for Inside Out or Rancor seems questionable.
1 year ago
teddyguru Raise the Alarm isn’t a card this deck wants, since a one time use of two 1/1 Soldier tokens isn’t going to provide inevitability or establish a lock on the board. Cenn's Enlistment simply is a better card in this deck due to being repeatable
1 year ago
For starters, this looks like a fun deck to play. Swarming the board with tokens is always an exciting strategy. I find myself agreeing with ZendikariWol though about swapping commanders. This kind of deck would probably prefer a commander that costs less than 7 because that's a lot.
Also, your mana curve is rather high. Lowering it means you'll have more to play on earlier turns more often.
Here are some cards I might recommend adding:
- Conqueror's Pledge - I heard you liked soldiers
- Captain's Call or Cenn's Enlistment - similar effects, one has more upfront tokens but the other you can cast repeatedly.
- Hero of Bladehold - not a soldier herself but brings friends and buffs all attackers
- Teferi's Protection - token decks are weak to boardwipes. This phases you and all your permanents out of existence letting your token army dodge the removal. Obviously this is expensive, so I think it would depend on your meta
- Sergeant-at-Arms - Makes one soldier early game. Makes 3 soldiers late game
- Daru Warchief - buffs and discounts
- Field Marshal - buffs and first strike
- Veteran's Armaments - essentially a 0 equip cost
Here are some cards I might recommend removing:
- Planar Portal - wow, 12 mana tutor. That's a lot of mana. And you do have Citanul Flute which is similar
- Angelic Arbiter - this prevents you from casting something like Mobilization and then capitalizing on it
- Herald of War - not a soldier, doesn't buff all your non-human soldiers
- Mikaeus, the Lunarch - lots of mana, $5
- Requiem Angel - also not a soldier. Though the tokens are nice, they aren't soldiers, to be fair
- Weathered Wayfarer - I know white doesn't have tons of options for this kind of thing, but this is $14 and seems rather out of place.