Create two 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying.
Flashback (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)
|Have (2)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , GrandeKhan|
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Lingering Souls Discussion
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
I do love a good lifegain deck : ) The one I built a while back is a variation of 60 card soul sisters with Soul Warden and Soul's Attendant gaining me life from Lingering Souls or afterlife creatures like Seraph of the Scales or Orzhov Enforcer all to power up a Bloodthirsty Aerialist
Revival / Revenge is a great versatile card, and my favorite lifegain combo is to use Selenia, Dark Angel with Sanguine Bond and Tainted Sigil Selenia is a great flying blocker that your opponent will never actually get rid of, bond is bond : ) and sigil can actually save you in a pinch, but when you put them all together, it's a kill one player combo. Stacking Selenia triggers can be fun when it works : )
But again, I use this in 60 card, so not sure how applicable it is to commander. I also really like Ivory Tower or Sun Droplet just for constant gain effects for Bloodthirsty Aerialist but I'm not sure if it would work in EDH.
Best of luck with the deck! Looks pretty awesome.
1 month ago
- Poppet Stitcher Flip Is great when you have 1/1s but bad if they do anything more. Prowess is an ability so you tokens wouldn't be as strong. 3 mana is also fairly espensive. We would want to slow the game down more. I might suggest Luminarch Ascension being this is a value control deck. It helps keep card advantage and if you are holding mana you can sink it here at the end step.
- Manamorphose also seems pretty good in the deck its a spell that gives you your mana back/fixes it into any of your needed colors and is card neutral.
- Hard Evidence might be replaced with Slight of Hand or Serum Visions being you want to filter your deck better.
- You are sitting a 8 fetchlands i wouldnt go past 6, 6 shock lands is also high Jeskai control is current running 7 fetch and 3 shock lands.
- Consider Mystic Gate Castle Vantress Celestial Colonnade 1x Raugrin Triome Hall of Storm Giants 1x Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire The creature lands can help close games or stall games when needed.They also are more evasive which can help. Utility lands are worth it they really help. Fiery Islet and Sunbaked Canyon can also help draw cards and filter. I run 5 in my burn deck.
- I also think 6 basics is a lot i would only do 2-3 personally. Espically when Seachrome Coast Inspiring Vantage and Spirebluff Canal exist.
- Spectral Procession is a good value card to think about, Lingering Souls is also a card but i wouldnt go that route personally.
- Boros Charm is also a great card that can protect against board wipes or give some burst with a mentor token or just give you the needed reach to close some games.
- Let me know if you want me to look at the deck some more
3 months ago
Some more suggestions for cards:
personally, i’d run Dauthi Voidwalker over Bloodcrazed Paladin. While it might not be as big, it’s almost guaranteed to hit for 3 everyturn regardless of how gummed-up the board gets. It’s abilities are all awesome too. The paladin is probably an alright 2-of in the sideboard to deal with boardwipes.
3 months ago
Haven't played it for months, but last I played rack, people often I saw ran Karn, the Great Creator for more bridges and endgame inevitability with land destruction, or splashed white and another color for access to Prismatic Ending/Kaya's Guile/Vindicate/Damn and some Lingering Souls occasionally.
That being said if you want to stick to mono-black, and also want to stick heavy to the rack plan, I'd add some Cling to Dust as graveyard hate and lifegain, as well as helping you churn through your deck. You'd probably like Diogo Dos Santos's take that he took here:
4 months ago
Looks a lot stronger! Defo feels like it can win some games.
My final suggestion would be to ditch Vital Splicer and Blood Baron of Vizkopa - both are very high cmc, and neither one particularly help you close the game out. In their place i’d suggest 4x Lingering Souls, and a single copy of Unburial Rites. Souls helps you drag the game out long to help the Rhinos grind-out a win, and Unburial Rites acts as a 5th copy of Rhinos
4 months ago
I completely agree. This is a deck that I have been trying to find other that would be alot better than pests because I agree with you they are just a much weaker version of Lingering Souls. And adding Siege Rhino is something I didnt realize would be good with bounce. When I was making this deck I didnt look at the synergy with Satyr Wayfinder. And this deck in my casual playgroup is good but having random stuff like Witherbloom Apprentice just to get the pings of of its magecraft ability.
Also please help with this deck and keep in mind that it is budget and you pointing this out has really helped.
4 months ago
Rhinos decks were good because you could keep flickering them and/or reanimating them for big life-swings. That, and the deck usually had a lot of really consistent ways to ensure they’d be able to ramp up to 4+ mana with ease (stuff like Satyr Wayfinder.
I’m worried you’ve diluted what made Rhinos strong to the point where its “just another creature”… and so it ends up feeling pretty mediocre.
I’m also worried that Pests are super weak in modern, and you appear to have no way to abuse them, making a lot of your spells just a much weaker version of Lingering Souls.
Munging these two ideas together has meant you’ve lost-out on a lot of power either strategy could be doing on-its-own. You’re left with a deck that’s too “fair” and lacking in coherent strategy & synergy.