Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Create two 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying.
Flashback (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)
2 days ago
Thanks for the +1 and suggestions! Lingering Souls is limited to sorcery speed and not as repeatable or cheap to cast as Speaker of the Heavens. As this deck is intended as multiplayer deck, generating tokens on opponent's turns nets us a lot more card draws from Tocasia's Welcome. Thus, like Lingering Souls, Hero of Bladehold isn't a versatile as the spells I've already included, as it's limited to making tokens only during my own combat phase. I'd consider Devouring Light if it worked on any creature instead of only attacking/blocking. There are just too many creatures that are threats without attacking or blocking.
3 days ago
1 month ago
Turn 2 Pox into a turn 3 Lilly would be an amazing play but the stars would really have to align with Urborg & Flagstones lining up for it
The thing is you’ll do stuff like discard your Bloodghast to Lilly then bring it back for free with a land drop and still have mana open the same way you would with Smallpox but there will be many games where a turn 2 Smallpox is not an optimal play, often it’ll be a turn 4 play. And speaking from experience most decks can recover against a pox but Lilly single handed can take over, whatever they draw they discard, whatever they play you negative 2. It creates an unwinnable scenario for a lot of decks. It would go great with the Lingering Souls beat down
4 months ago
And hear me out, a card that works great with both tower defense and ensnaring bridge is Ornithopter.
Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive does as well.
Gilded Goose gets sweet as your mana curve gets lower,
Arboreal grazer is sweet I'd definitely keep him and some harbingers
And I know it's a non-bo with collected company but I gotta make the obligatory statement about how sweet Lingering Souls is with tower defense,
Though is it too slow nowadays even with bridge? Shit I feel old. At least it can chump a giant murktide for a while
7 months ago
7 months ago
I do love a good lifegain deck : ) The one I built a while back is a variation of 60 card soul sisters with Soul Warden and Soul's Attendant gaining me life from Lingering Souls or afterlife creatures like Seraph of the Scales or Orzhov Enforcer all to power up a Bloodthirsty Aerialist
Revival / Revenge is a great versatile card, and my favorite lifegain combo is to use Selenia, Dark Angel with Sanguine Bond and Tainted Sigil Selenia is a great flying blocker that your opponent will never actually get rid of, bond is bond : ) and sigil can actually save you in a pinch, but when you put them all together, it's a kill one player combo. Stacking Selenia triggers can be fun when it works : )
But again, I use this in 60 card, so not sure how applicable it is to commander. I also really like Ivory Tower or Sun Droplet just for constant gain effects for Bloodthirsty Aerialist but I'm not sure if it would work in EDH.
Best of luck with the deck! Looks pretty awesome.
8 months ago
- Poppet Stitcher Flip Is great when you have 1/1s but bad if they do anything more. Prowess is an ability so you tokens wouldn't be as strong. 3 mana is also fairly espensive. We would want to slow the game down more. I might suggest Luminarch Ascension being this is a value control deck. It helps keep card advantage and if you are holding mana you can sink it here at the end step.
- Manamorphose also seems pretty good in the deck its a spell that gives you your mana back/fixes it into any of your needed colors and is card neutral.
- Hard Evidence might be replaced with Slight of Hand or Serum Visions being you want to filter your deck better.
- You are sitting a 8 fetchlands i wouldnt go past 6, 6 shock lands is also high Jeskai control is current running 7 fetch and 3 shock lands.
- Consider Mystic Gate Castle Vantress Celestial Colonnade 1x Raugrin Triome Hall of Storm Giants 1x Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire The creature lands can help close games or stall games when needed.They also are more evasive which can help. Utility lands are worth it they really help. Fiery Islet and Sunbaked Canyon can also help draw cards and filter. I run 5 in my burn deck.
- I also think 6 basics is a lot i would only do 2-3 personally. Espically when Seachrome Coast Inspiring Vantage and Spirebluff Canal exist.
- Spectral Procession is a good value card to think about, Lingering Souls is also a card but i wouldnt go that route personally.
- Boros Charm is also a great card that can protect against board wipes or give some burst with a mentor token or just give you the needed reach to close some games.
- Let me know if you want me to look at the deck some more
9 months ago
Some more suggestions for cards:
personally, i’d run Dauthi Voidwalker over Bloodcrazed Paladin. While it might not be as big, it’s almost guaranteed to hit for 3 everyturn regardless of how gummed-up the board gets. It’s abilities are all awesome too. The paladin is probably an alright 2-of in the sideboard to deal with boardwipes.