Create two 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying.
Flashback (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Lingering Souls Discussion
1 week ago
Played a quick game against W/B Pox Reanimator. I don’t even know if the deck was going heavier on Pox but it had Liliana of the Veil , probably as discard outlets.
They led on a pair of Inquisition of Kozilek and Liliana of the Veil to strip me. I was able to hold out long enough to get Gideon, Ally of Zendikar to threaten Lili. They continued stripping me down to top deck mode. I managed to pull Gideon of the Trials to to get an emblem before being taken down. Middle Gideon held down the fort for a couple turns and the opponent ate up their Lingering Souls . I got out Castle Ardenvale to help with the Smallpox . They got out a Priest of Fell Rites and I followed up fortelling Doomskar . We went a couple turns with a Knight Ally token and Priest trading blows with Castle providing blocks for Priest. They got a Smallpox to eat some board and eternalized Priest to get Archon of Cruelty to kill my token. I stupidly forgot about my Doomskar for a turn but was kinda hoping for a Path to Exile or Solitude but I ended up blowing it up on the next hit. They followed up with a Persist and I pulled a useless Stoneforge Mystic .
That was a slug fest as they stripped my hand, I deployed threats, they are my threats and got out a big boi with me blanking on removal. I should note that I had a Path earlier in the game but between double Inquisition, several Liliana activations, and Smallpox , I had lost it before it was relevant. We’ll played, opponent.
1 week ago
JacenSolo29 as far as the next update goes, I’m waiting to see if there is anything else that drops from MH2, but I think we have the complete list now.
My first impressions are:
1) Faithless Salvaging - this works better than Thrill of Possibility since it can be cast on an empty hand and the rebound can’t be caught by hand disruption. Instant is nice if we really do want to cast on opponent’s end step. Then, if we draw an instant, we can cast with rebound on the stack to get full value.
2) Prismatic Ending - I personally really REALLY like this. Great against aggro, Humans, Jund, Ponza, Death's Shadow (minus Gurmag Angler ). See (https://strategy.channelfireball.com/all-strategy/home/is-prismatic-ending-the-new-swords-to-plowshares/)
3) Damn - again, LOVE IT! Definitely love the versatility, but I don’t know if it would replace Dreadbore (hits PWs), Fatal Push (instant and cheaper), or Engineered Explosives (can be triggered at instant speed and can be cheaper). Definitely a consideration for spots that previously included Damnation or Wrath of God .
4) General Ferrous Rokiric - I personally really like this. Immune to most removal (specifically EFFICIENT removal) such as Lightning Bolt , Path to Exile , Fatal Push , and Cryptic Command bouncing it. If you play a lot of multicolor spells, like Kolaghan's Command , Kaya's Guile , Kaya, Orzhov Usurper , Nahiri, the Harbinger , Dreadbore / Terminate , and Lightning Helix , then you definitely benefit from having this.
5) Dragon's Rage Channeler - this has a Magmatic Channeler feel to it and couples well with the graveyard-centric focus. If you opt for utility ARTIFACTS, like Mishra's Bauble , Damping Sphere , or Engineered Explosives , ENCHANTMENTS, like Blood Moon , or PLANESWALKERS, like Liliana of the Veil or any of the previously mentioned PWs, then you have an even easier time to activate Delirium. You do have to attack every turn, but having flying as evasion is really nice. Surveil is good if we start running more Flashback spells, like more Lingering Souls or Smiting Helix .
7) Obsidian Charmaw - OMG there are SO many Tron hate cards in this set, and I LOVE it. If Tron or Eldrazi Tron get more popular through all the hate from this set, then this would be great to add create a clock.
8) Vindicate - old EDH tech being added to Modern. I like the idea of destroying anything, but sorcery speed and 3 cmc, with everything else that has come into the game (and power creep), makes me unsure of its power. Could be what we need, but 3cmc is already crowded in the list.
9) Flame Blitz - UW/x, Jund, and maybe Tron typically run more PWs, so if we forgo running PWs, ourselves, then this serves as an extremely cheap PW hate card. Cycling is nice if we draw it and the opponent has side boarded out a majority of their PWs.
10) Harmonic Prodigy - if we bring back Young Pyromancer , add in Dark Confidant , and focus on Prowess, then I think this would rather have a home in a Feather, the Redeemed /spell-slinger deck. Still, it would be ok here, with the high spell count we run.
11) Sanctifier en-Vec - I don’t think we want to use this... definitely expect it in Burn or D&T lists against us.
12) Dauthi Voidwalker - now THIS we can use. Basically Sanctifier en-Vec , but unilateral hate and can help against Dredge or other recursion based decks. I like that we can sac on targeted removal and cast one of their spell(s). can conflict with our spells, but we are usually ok. If we get Blood Moon ed, we can usually laugh it off and power through it.
13) Bone Shards - in the primer, I’ve indicated that Mardu Pyro has different variants (spells/grave, PW, and Aristocrat/tokens). I feel this would slot nicely into an token deck, along with Village Rites , Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger , and Afterlife creatures.
14) Fury - at first glance, I’ve been conflicted. Seems ok as protection from aggro strategies, but I wish it had either 1 more toughness, did more damage, hit players, or cost less. It just seems... meh... I’m skeptical, but I’ve definitely been proven wrong before, so I’ll keep my mind open.
15) Mine Collapse - great if we run a bit more heavy on lands and run late. Too bad it doesn’t hit players though... a common theme from cards this set.
16) Arcbound Whelp / Esper Sentinel /Knighted Myr - another idea that has come to fruition from this set is Mardu Affinity. No, we won’t tech for Hardened Scales , but the removal suite that we run, in addition to these new artifact creatures (and lands!) is tempting enough to test some brews.
I hope this gives an idea of what we could change for the deck. The list was roughly done in the order of what we would tech in to the current build, but anything is possible! Let me know what you all think.
Edit: some of the cards (Knighted Myr, Mine Collapse, and Bone Shards) did not have the links set up in TappedOut as of the time of this post, so I do apologize for that.
3 weeks ago
Stormbreath Dragon was a 3/4-of in Modern Skred for a long time. It's still very very good in Path-heavy metas, and it's probably worth running one or two if UW(x) control is something you struggle with.
Thundermaw Hellkite might have seen play at one point, but honestly it's just the option you use against BW tokens, which isn't a super common deck anyways.
Both are easily outclassed by Glorybringer most of the time. It represents a 2-for-1 that can easily become a 3- or 4-for-1 if the opponent fails to remove it. While the other two are good, Glorybringer is better except against Path-Snapcaster decks and Bitterblossom / Lingering Souls decks, both of which are rare enough that it takes a really weird local meta for Thundermaw or Stormbreath to be the better choice.
They're all also ~$2 and fill a slot that you typically only have 4-6 spaces for.
1 month ago
This list looks really fun! I like Legion's Landing Flip in Teysa. I've overlooked it in the past because of the land's lackluster activated ability, but I'm just now realizing how strong a 1 mana land-ramp card is in white. Since you can easily flip it in a deck with tokens, it seems strong.
I've been looking over your decklist, and I have a few suggestions about what to improve. First off, you're a little low on death triggers. Since this is Teysa's main strength, you may want to include more. If I counted right, you have 13 death triggers plus 2 more that aren't doubled by Teysa ( Luminous Broodmoth and Nether Traitor ). This makes Teysa herself more inconsistent. Just playing some more tokens-on-death cards like Ministrant of Obligation instead of Lingering Souls can go a long way to help facilitate her first ability as well as your cards that don't trigger off of tokens, like Pawn of Ulamog .
Second, I'd be careful about counting scry-effects like Temple of Silence , Woe Strider , or Path of Ancestry as card advantage. Scrying doesn't net you any cards. It's more like card filtering or card selection rather than card advantage. If you want lands that can provide card advantage, I'd go for Orzhov Basilica or Windbrisk Heights . Similarly, Verge Rangers don't ramp you, they just provide card advantage.
2 months ago
I'm a little confused, to be honest. I see a lot of sacrifice pay off but I'm not sure what you are trying to sacrifice. Something that makes a lot of tokens is great. Lingering Souls and Promise of Bunrei are decent examples. Cards like Dusk Legion Zealot , Wall of Omens , or Thraben Inspector are good for sacing as well since their job is over once they hit the battlefield. Another option is cards that replace themselves like Doomed Traveler or Hunted Witness . Idk just some thoughts hope it was helpful.
Pathinfder97 on life
2 months ago
Looks like a fun deck! I may put something similar together with what I have.
Some instants would be Make a Stand to protect tokens from a board wipe
2 months ago
Everything you've said about Trostani is definitely true but applies equally to Advent of the Wurm , except wurms also get hit by Abrupt Decay , non-revolt Fatal Push , and any Unsummon or O-Ring effects. The reality is that at 4 mana, neither of these cards is viable in a competitive modern environment. If your meta is cutthroat enough to see that much single-target removal flying around, I'd recommend going into black to run spirit tokens ( Spectral Procession , Lingering Souls , Kaya's Guile , etc.) which are generally better than populate staples like Call of the Conclave , Selesnya Charm , and Wake the Reflections , especially if you lean into anthems like Intangible Virtue , Leyline of the Meek , Force of Virtue , and so on. You're already pretty far in that direction anyway by running Legion's Landing Flip and Gather the Townsfolk . Those were more the cards I was thinking of cutting for a singleton Trostani or Ranks. Definitely don't cut March, as it's pretty great as a finisher. (I had a lot of fun messing around with it and Harmonious Archon in standard pre-lockdown. XD) Also, regardless of which colors you prefer, Timely Reinforcements is a classic sideboard option against burn that also loves playing with Virtue.
2 months ago
Strionic Resonator seems good. Copy her ability and the second time the ability resolves you get twice as many.
Also, no Lingering Souls ?
Also i feel skullclamp could be quite strong in this deck, maybe want another ways to tutor for it, steelshapers gift or stoneforge mystic come to mind.