Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Revolt — At the beginning of your end step, if a permanent you controlled left the battlefield this turn, create a 1/1 colourless Servo artifact creature token.
, Sacrifice a creature: Scry 1.
4 months ago
plakjekaas thank you for the suggestions! Do you think I could move my Doomskar and Fatal Pushes to the sideboard? Love seeing Hidden Stockpile being played, AER was around the time I really started getting into Magic. :) I’ll definitely tweak some numbers in my deck!
4 months ago
I have a pretty similar list to yours. The major differences: I love Hidden Stockpile in my list as both a sacrifice outlet and a fodder generator. I've replaced a few Priest of Forgotten Gods with those. As for non-budget options, there's the obvious The Meathook Massacre and the less obvious Athreos, God of Passage that is a pet card of mine, that has overperformed in the few games I played so far with the deck. The devotion is almost trivial with so many 1-drops and multicolored 2-drops, and also really easy to turn off when you need to, by nature of the deck.
4 months ago
Love this deck! I think Hidden Stockpile would be a good fit, and if you can find place for a 5 cmc enchantment Spirit-Sister's Call would be on theme. Also… Sheoldred, Whispering One!!! Aaaaaggghhh!!!
6 months ago
Have you considered adding in a little bit of evasion for commander damage? I think it could be viable given your commander already has protection abilities. I just don't know if there are really slots for it.
Also, is Hidden Stockpile the only generator of artifact creatures? If so, I'd consider swapping out Throne of Geth since it doesn't have a ton of good sac targets in here, and there also seems to not be much artifact recursion. Am I missing something in that?
7 months ago
Check out - Lurrus of the Dream-Den, Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest, Tergrid, God of Fright Flip, Moldervine Reclamation, Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord, Greater Good, Death's Oasis, Tortured Existence, Aetherworks Marvel, Ayara, First of Locthwain, Bag of Devouring, Bushmeat Poacher, Felidar Retreat, Abzan Ascendancy, Hidden Stockpile, Awakening Zone, Crawling Infestation
For sure put this in: Karador, Ghost Chieftain
Also, some card abilities like Dredge, Flashback, and Persist would fit
7 months ago
Foster_I_Am Just released the update, sorry for the lateness! I got caught up in school and work.
- Hidden Stockpile is slow for token generation, but it does a good impression of Bitterblossom. As a sac outlet, it's inefficient since you have to pay mana. The real strength of the card is that it does both. Personally, I like my token-makers as death-triggers, and my sac-outlets as cheap creatures or artifacts that grant me mana. It's not a bad card though, so play it if you like it!
- Tithe Taker: I'm more a fan of the mana utility provided by Carrier Thrall than the Grand Abolisher-lite effect from taker. If you find your playgroup constantly disrupting you on your turn, it could be worth it.
- Bennie Bracks, Zoologist: He's great at 1-mana, but I think our current draw suite is stronger with a higher ceiling than 1-card per turn. And while we have token makers in the deck, we're not all in on a token strategy, so other decks have more to gain from his effect than we do.
Let me know what you think of the update and thanks for the suggestions!
kirbysan Black Market Connections is a super interesting card. It's definitely better than Phyrexian Arena which is its closest comparison at the moment. The versatility is strong since we can generate fodder, mana, or cards whenever we're lacking them. Making all 3 is a crazy strong option that can pull us ahead in the early game for 6-life per turn, which isn't the most when we have lots of lifegain potential in the deck. I'm pretty enthusiastic about this card right now, but I'm gonna sit on it for a bit until my next update when the full Baldur's Gate commander lists are released. Thanks for the suggestion!
8 months ago
Additionally, have you ever considered running any of the following cards:
Hidden Stockpile - Feel like it's a great card with only 2 CMC and can possibly generate a decent amount of tokens. Not to mention it can also be used as a sac outlet (though it does cost 1 colorless mana).
Tithe Taker - Can possibly slow down your opponents and can create tokens when it dies.
Bennie Bracks, Zoologist - Can be easy to cast by tapping tokens and then can also draw cards from the tokens we sac. Might be interesting to test.
Not sure if you've tried any of those but they caught my eye recently. Just wanted to hear your thoughts first :)
8 months ago
Nice deck! I have a deck that does a similar thing in Malcolm & Akiri. But black also has a lot of fun toys :). I got some cards here that you could consider:
- Indomitable Creativity: trade in your tokens for something more valuable, while also chaos warping (kinda) a few of your opponent’s expensive threats.
- Martyr's Bond: great control option if that’s a thing you’re after
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast: diverse card that can be nice if your deck is able to protect planeswalkers. But likely your creatures will be going sideways most of the time…
- Hidden Stockpile: nice utility card that can give you more bodies to attack with. Perhaps not good enough given your commander doesn't work with tokens...
- Tamiyo's Journal: did you say clues :)?
- Herald of Anguish: I love this card and am sad I have no home for it yet. Would be great in this list I think.
Hope you like some of them!