Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn.
1 month ago
Oh as soon as I saw the title I knew EXACTLY what this deck was about lol +1
5 months ago
I've been working on my own version of this set, and I gotta say you made some great choices.
- If you're maybeboarding $30+ cards, add Exquisite Blood; you can go infinite with Sanguine Bond.
- I run a Breathkeeper Seraph as commander protection. You can alternatively try/include Gift of Immortality for double the protection.
- Some other life-gain/drain to consider: Dogged Pursuit, Ajani's Mantra, and Cleric Class
- I also run cheap fog effects to help out when I'm struggling with card draw: Holy Day, Riot Control, Mandate of Peace(love this one), Batwing Brume(Also great), Swords to Plowshares, Generous Gift
- Some miscellaneous cards that I also run:
- Elixir of Immortality - Cheap lifegain, and recover it and your graveyard.
- Grand Abolisher - $$$, but your opponents can't act on your turn.
- Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant Flip - Autoflip in Commander, prevents damage to all your creatures. Makes you immune to deathtouch, basically.
- Platinum Angel - Obvious reasons, but not a must-have.
- Profane Procession Flip is fun, but it's not often I get to really use it.
- I also run Bruna, the Fading Light Meld and Gisela, the Broken Blade Meld because the meld effect is busted: Brisela, Voice of Nightmares Meld Meld
Otherwise, I love it, and I'll be using some of this in mine!
7 months ago
Blessing of the Heavens
Enchanted creature gets +1/+2 and Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn.
Make a creature call Icefang, of the Howling Winds and hmmm make it a snake or a cat
1 year ago
MortisAngelus - overall, this looks pretty good to me. If it were my deck, I'd be looking for 6 cards to cut to make room for 2-3 removal, 2-3 draw/tutor, and 2-3 counter/protection spells. Rest in Peace is in too many sideboards. I'm sure there are plenty of other threats, too. I feel like if I can devote at least a few slots in a deck to those three (removal, draw, protect) utilities, it's much easier to have an effective sideboard.
Cards below are just off the top of my head and should be considered as examples and standards.
Final concern: Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit is Legendary, so 4x might not be great?
1 year ago
I only have not included Insurrection , because it was a "throw stuff i have lying around together deck". But you are right, it fits 110%. And Holy Day is perfect. I like cheap, situational, but therefore impactful cards such as this one :)
1 year ago
I think it's funny that someone is defending WOTC not reprinting Intervention Pact with the reason being that it sucks in a thread about What is Wrong with White.
Design is What is Wrong with White.
When creating the Pact cycle, someone at their offices actually thought that Intervention Pact is good enough to share a cycle and design space with Pact of Negation . Or good enough to be in the same group with it. And then a whole group of people in design, R&D and the approval process also thought the same thing.
The sad part is that a card like Holy Day is probably a much better card overall and in more situations.
1 year ago
Intervention Pact has the text box " : pay on your next upkeep or lose."
"But it's good in commander!!!!1!" Nope. It's probably hitting one token, or one of the creatures Hoofie buffed, or their commander one time. Let's see what does much, much better: Fog , Holy Day , Clinging Mists , Blinding Fog , Arachnogenesis and Teferi's Protection , most of which are unplayable and the best are, well, Teferi's Protection is pretty good because white doesn't get much else.
Compared to Pact of the Titan, which is Bonebreaker Giant except it has flash and you don't have to pay for it immediately.
It's like comparing a Frito to draft chaff. One shouldn't be in your deck, and other's life purpose is to be destroyed.