Hero of Bladehold
Creature — Human Knight
Battle cry (Whenever this creature attacks, each other attacking creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.)
Whenever Hero of Bladehold attacks, put two 1/1 white soldier creature tokens onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.
Printings View all
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Mythic Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Mirran (MBM)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Hero of Bladehold occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Hero of Bladehold Discussion
1 week ago
Just a heads up that Balance is banned in the format. Maybe your group is cool with it though.
You might like these: Tome of Legends, Idol of Oblivion, Skullclamp, Arch of Orazca, Throne of the High City, Mantle of Leadership, Hope Against Hope, Veteran's Armaments, Eidolon of Countless Battles, Cathars' Crusade, Goldnight Commander, Valor in Akros, Leonin Warleader, Hero of Bladehold, Crescendo of War, Honor of the Pure
2 weeks ago
Looks good. You might like these: Soltari Champion, Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon", Mask of Avacyn, Hero of Bladehold, Haazda Marshal, Benalish Marshal, Inspiring Unicorn, Heraldic Banner, Tome of Legends, Goldnight Commander, Signal Pest
1 month ago
Cool deck! You might like these: Gold Myr (nonhuman that gets Winota out a turn sooner), Iron Myr, Hedron Crawler, Manakin, Plague Myr, Wily Goblin, Breath of Fury (potential to outright win you the game), Adriana, Captain of the Guard, Aurelia, the Warleader, Leonin Warleader, Hero of Bladehold, Relentless Assault, World at War, Waves of Aggression, Tempt with Vengeance, Elemental Mastery
1 month ago
Thank you very much for all the nice suggestions, king-saproling!
- Tome of Legends: Hmm, the commander chosen at the moment is pretty expensive mana wise. I don't think this card will draw many cards.
- Bonders' Enclave: There aren't that many fattys in this deck, so this will act as a worse Plains.
- Arch of Orazca: This could actually be alright! Considering it.
- Throne of the High City: This could be good if the pillow fort is actually working, will have to analyze if I can withstand the pressure of being the monarch for several turns.
- Palace Jailer: Same as Throne of the High City.
- Helm of the Host: Not sure that any creature itself in this deck would be good enough to clone for this mana cost?
- Leonin Warleader: This card is too aggressive for this deck.
- Hero of Bladehold: Same as Leonin Warleader.
- Conqueror's Galleon Flip: Same as Leonin Warleader.
- Cathars' Crusade: No more room for pump in the deck if we still want control of the board.
- Requiem Angel: Not bad... but there is enough token generation, which I deem as better than this.
- Recruiter of the Guard: This is very good! Very much considering.
- Ranger-Captain of Eos: There's only one target for this.. not enough.
- Kormus Bell/Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth/Expedition Map: This seems to be take all or none. I cannot find three cards to substitute to make room for these three, even though the "combo" is alright.
Once again, thanks for all the suggestions!
1 month ago
Love to see Lapse of Certainty! You might like these: Tome of Legends, Bonders' Enclave, Arch of Orazca, Throne of the High City, Palace Jailer, Helm of the Host, Leonin Warleader, Hero of Bladehold, Conqueror's Galleon Flip, Cathars' Crusade, Requiem Angel (good with tokens in general, really nice with Divine Visitation), Recruiter of the Guard, Ranger-Captain of Eos, Kormus Bell, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Expedition Map
1 month ago
Arch of Orazca is just a mana sink like Castle Ardenvale and a utility land like Reliquary Tower. There's literally no downside to run it unless you'd rather play a Plains I guess, but that's up to you.
2 months ago
So I really like this decklist so far and I can see you have put a lot of time into it. Have you tried putting in more humans that make non human tokens? Cards like, Evangel of Heliod, Knight-Captain of Eos, Silverwing Squadron and, Hero of Bladehold could be really strong editions in this catagory.
This deck seems like it is ultra agressive, which I feel Boros and espically Winota want to be but, have you looked at putting a few more devensive cards in the deck? Cards like Frontline Medic, Odric, Master Tactician, Legion's Initiative, and Unbreakable Formation could help to ward off boardwipes and help your creatures get combat damage through. I also think, Angel of Glory's Rise could be a really strong late game finisher after a large chuck of your humans have been killed.
Lastly, you said you are not running a lot of boardwipes but, why specifically did you chose to run Fumigate over cards like Cleansing Nova or Austere Command? I feel like one of the later two sweepers are stronger than Fumigate because of their ability to hit artifacts and enchantments also. Have you considered Martial Coup? 7 mana is a lot for a sweeper but, being left with 5 soldiers that you could use to get 5 Winota triggers the next turn could win you the game on the spot depending on what you draw.
Overall I think you have done a fantastic job so far and I am excited we finally get a true Boros commander!
2 months ago
Suns_Champion I’m thinking of putting in creatures like Hero of Bladehold and Precinct Captain since while they don’t make human creature tokens I do think the extra bodies and the battle cry ability could be useful.
Also maybe Kabira Vindicator since he is a good body that can turn into another anthem effect for my board.