Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Darien, King of Kjeldor
Legendary Creature — Human Soldier
Whenever you're dealt damage, you may put that many 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens into play.
Recommendations View more recommendations
1 month ago
I didn't look super close at the list but here's a few that I saw that you might get a kick out of:
Entrapment Maneuver, Unbreakable Formation, Call the Coppercoats, Veteran Armorsmith, Darien, King of Kjeldor, Veteran Swordsmith, Prava of the Steel Legion, Mobilization, Ballyrush Banneret, Daru Warchief, Defiler of Faith, Horn of Valhalla, Valiant Veteran
Sorry if this has some things that are already there, I'm a little rushed atm
3 months ago
3 months ago
So this is really interesting. I like this deck and may have to steal/modify it for my home group. This would be my first alteration: Darien, King of Kjeldor + Impact Tremors. There's a lot of stuff in here that does damage to you as well as to everyone else. With that synergy, those symmetric damage sources become tilted towards your opponents. I'm not sure what I'd remove just yet, so... thoughts?
4 months ago
Nice build, as usual! Straight to the point, and nice synergy. As far as suggestions, I think Honor of the Pure could be a nice buff alongside your Glorious Anthem, maybe in place of Serra's Embrace. I agree with Balaam__ that the Deftblade Elites are a little weak. I'd go for the classic White Knight or Knight of the Holy Nimbus for fun. He's a little on the expensive side, but Darien, King of Kjeldor could be really strong here as a one-of.
5 months ago
TheStoneRaptor - I have a few suggestions I can share but keep in mind, I am by no means an expert so take all my advice/suggestions with a grain of salt.
You have a very high mana curve with a average CMC of 3.95..this is a very slow deck. Also to your disadvantage, you are not running much in terms of "interaction" beside Aim High + Plummet , which is not exactly efficient. Regardless of what you do here, you will need to likely lower your mana curve to either speed up the deck or add in more interactions.
You are running more than 60 cards, I would not recommend this as it is a trap...usually. Most decks are built around a few cards that you want to draw every game for the deck to work at its best, adding in more cards just lowers the probability of drawing the cards you really want.
It seems like you have a few themes with this deck. I see Essence Warden so think Soul Sisters...I see some +1/+1 counter synergy...AND I see token creation. I would pick a theme and really hone in on it. The deck will run much smoother.
Some suggestions for trimming down the mana curve. Darien, King of Kjeldor, Emmara Tandris, Iridescent Hornbeetle, Mycoloth are all almost at least 5 CMC and create tokens in some manner. I would recommend removing most of these cards and replacing them with something similar. Some great options include Brimaz, King of Oreskos, Esika's Chariot, Anointed Procession, Parallel Lives, Intangible Virtue, etc. The same goes for Planeswalkers...you have Ajani, Valiant Protector who throws around +1/+1 counters and Elspeth, Sun's Champion. I would take these out and maybe replace with maybe Basri Ket or just drop them entirely.
Hopefully something I mentioned you will find helpful. If seeing something similar might help, I do run a +1/+1 counter deck (I'll Raise you +1/+1...) and specifically a cat theme token deck (Feline Feelings. Take a look at those for some inspriation. They are not perfect by any means by they are fun an effective.
Good luck and happy brewing!
8 months ago
I used to have a Darien, King of Kjeldor Soldier deck. Unfortunately, I loaned it to a friend, and then it disappeared. Not a huge financial loss, but it was fun. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.
Anyway, Marrow-Gnawer Rat Discard is my best, favorite, and only tribal commander right now. It's not my strongest deck, but I don't really focus on winning in Commander games. I prefer to mess with everyone else at the table.
9 months ago
Hey, me again! I really like Breena, the Demagogue's premise. I want to build her in the future, since I'm cultivating a combat metagame. But I have some ideas that can make your deck funnier and stronger:
I imagine you're trying to keep the idea of giving gifts to your opponents for them to killing each other, while reaping benefits to you.
One way is to force combat. You might want to put Martial Impetus and Parasitic Impetus back to deflect attacks and get draws off Breena. (Too bad goad is a blue-red thing - come on Wizards, give us on other colors). Otherwise, they buff Breena to hit harder.
Another thing you should consider is protection for your creatures:
- Sejiri Shelter Flip and Malakir Rebirth Flip can be slotted as lands.
- Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, Whispersilk Cloak, Darksteel Plate and Hammer of Nazahn are great utility artifacts.
- Timely Ward has flash.
- Dawn Charm doubles as a fog.
- Valorous Stance doubles as a removal spell.
How about protection to you?
- No Mercy, Dread, Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker and Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts deter attackers.
- Koskun Falls is a second Ghostly Prison if you can pay its upkeep cost. Solitary Confinement is even more efficient, as long as you can keep up with its cost.
- No one will mess with you again once you cast Hellish Rebuke. Darien, King of Kjeldor also shows them why attacking you is not advisable.
- If you prefer the way of taxing opponents, Sphere of Safety synergize with your other pillowfort enchantments.
- You run a lot of permanents that might die. How about getting them back with Sun Titan or Emeria Shepherd?
- Mistveil Plains has good synergy with tutors.
- Liesa, Forgotten Archangel also acts as graveyard hate.
About card draw:
- Breena costs 3 mana and it is easy to recast, but you can't rely on your opponents wanting (or being able) to attack each other. Sign in Blood, Night's Whisper, Read the Bones, Treacherous Blessing, War Room and Castle Locthwain can be great options (it is good to lower your life total to trigger Breena). Erebos, God of the Dead can also act as a blocker and life-gain hater.
- Skullclamp is good if you can reliably generate X/1 tokens.
- Syphon Mind is a favorite of mine.
- Mangara, the Diplomat... The name says it all. #bffBreena
- Shadrix Silverquill is not only on-theme, but on-school aswell.
- Endless Atlas and Dread Presence require many basic lands.
- The cards above can replace Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving and Secret Rendezvous (if they want free cards, may they attack each other).
About your ramp:
- I see you run cards that ramp you if an opponent has more lands than you, a la Knight of the White Orchid. Your Lotus Field is great for setting that up. You might also consider putting Orzhov Basilica back for the same effect.
- Loyal Warhound, Verge Rangers, Weathered Wayfarer, Archaeomancer's Map and Isolated Watchtower also capitalize on opponents ramping. I recommend replacing Boreas Charger (if you can't kill it easily), Scholarship Sponsor (not advisable to give ramp AND card draw to your opponents) and Oreskos Explorer (it is better to get lands on the battlefield instead of on hand, unless it is an unrestricted tutor like Weathered Wayfarer).
- If you ramp using the cards above, you will have a lot of Plains on the battlefield. Emeria, The Sky Ruin is free recursion on a land - enjoy ;-)
- You might also consider Fellwar Stone and Dowsing Dagger Flip as ramp options. Breena has flying, so it is easy to transform the artifact.
Sorry for not commenting on your whole deck. Since I have not played her myself, I could only suggest more general things. I hope the suggestions have inspired you somehow. As always, have fun with the Demagogue!
10 months ago
Whoops! My bad!
Other cards you may want to consider are Darien, King of Kjeldor and Toralf, God of Fury.
Spells that pay life to do damage are tricky since yer not taking any damage. It can work though if your timing is right.