|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Fate Reforged (FRF)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Orc Archer
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, target creature an opponent controls gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
Orc Sureshot Discussion
7 months ago
Decided I wanted to spice up my boring Invent Superiority upgrade and turn it into a super janky casual combo/control deck based around the Sword of the Meek and Thopter Foundry combo. Basic idea is to play a bunch of cheap artifact creature generators like Genesis Chamber , Golem Foundry , Retrofitter Foundry , Efficient Construction , Hidden Stockpile , Thopter Spy Network , Flamewright , Loyal Apprentice , and Sly Requisitioner to get as many artifact chumps out as I can per turn, and use them for two purposes - to feed Breya, Etherium Shaper ’s removal to control the board state and stave threats while we find our combo, as well as to feed Kuldotha Forgemaster so he can tutor out our win con - Sword of the Meek , Thopter Foundry , and Ashnod's Altar .
Once we have all the pieces out we have a couple of options on how to proceed, depending on which auxiliary creatures we have. Ideally, we have either Orc Sureshot or Zulaport Cutthroat / Vindictive Vampire out when the combo goes off to wipe all of our opponents creatures or just kill everyone outright respectively. If all we have are the above combo pieces, we just go infinite and make a ton of thopters, hoping no one has a board wipe before our next turn rolls around. Having Pitiless Plunderer out at this point can also be huge, as he generates a ton of colored mana for us, and combined with Dark Prophecy we can dig through the deck to find any of the above creatures and cast them with the treasures we’ve made. We’ve also featured a host of other artifact tutors that can either search out our combo pieces directly, search out Kuldotha Forgemaster so he can tutor the pieces, or transmute into specific cards we need.
My main questions are:
- Are there any good passive artifact creature generators I’m missing here? Preferably ones that don’t cost any mana to use, or cost 1 at most.
- Are there any fun (and inexpensive) etb/death triggers you think I could include? I considered Butcher of Malakir , but her casting cost is more expensive than Orc Sureshot for essentially the same end result.
- Most importantly, does anyone have ideas for wrangling this manabase? This is my biggest concern right now, and compiling mana for a four colored deck is not easy on a budget. Blue and black comprise the majority of the important cards in here, but since Breya costs 1 of each of the four colors to cast, red and white are realistically just as important as the other two. I don’t want to be spending 5+ dollars on lands here. I’ve considered the talisman cycle, but most of those are decently pricey as well for what they are. Thoughts?
1 year ago
@Akki0, Thx! your deck is amazing too, has some stuff I will definitely put in the deck in the near future. Nice tip on Orc Sureshot, have considered putting in Noxious Ghoul, but I'll risk killing Gisa. Orc doesn't go across the whole board, like the ghoul does, but bringing in a wave of zombies with Gisa will do just fine clearing the most threat at the moment. Also has great synergy with Gravecrawler, lots of shenanigans possible.
1 year ago
2 years ago
So, I have a few ideas we could hash out for this deck, and I included a bunch of cards that I'll just give you, as well as a few cards you should pick up and plan to use, regardless. We can sit down and actually hash this out together if you'd like, or you can wing it and develop something on your own. Either way, I'm stoked you're getting so into this!
Cards You Should Pick Up
Cards I Can Give You
Mortuary MireForsaken SanctuarySeizures--There may be better enchantments, but its still not a bad optionUnhallowed PactViper's KissMolting SnakeskinDead WeightVampire CutthroatSage's ReverieLightformOrc SureshotBattle BrawlerErebos's EmissaryOrdeal of ErebosEraseDisenchantGuardian ZendikonPacifismEthereal ArmorCartouche of SolidarityEphara's RadianceRevoke ExistenceGift of OrzhovaOpen the ArmoryAccursed Witch FlipHonden of Night's ReachSentry of the UnderworldReckless SpiteSandblastDjeru's RenunciationPeace of MindOrdeal of HeliodGryff's BoonLotus-Eye MysticsUnraveling MummyWayward Servant
3 years ago
3 years ago
Thank you for all the suggestions!
Based on your suggestions i have chosen to move more towards token strategy and less (infinite) combo with Proshh. I have taken out:
- Sadistic Hypnotist
- Yavimaya Elder
- Butcher of Malakir
- Purphoros, God of the Forge
- Tainted Strike
- Shattergang Brothers
- Food Chain
- Grave Pact
- Hooded Hydra
And in goes:
- Veteran Explorer Good, but also a downside if the entire board is against me, because they will get 6 lands while i get 2. But i have chosen to try it out
- Xenagos, the Reveler
- Chancellor of the Forge
- Champion of Lambholt
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Nullmage Shepherd I really like this one!
- Basilisk Collar This is also genius!
- Orc Sureshot One to help against indestructible creatures
- Army of the Damned
3 years ago
To make the most of your self mill from Sidisi:
Kessig Cagebreakers gets you a pretty nice swing
Orc Sureshot spot removes about anything, but if that's just not fast enough for you... Noxious Ghoul can clear the board lol.
To help mill everyone else, and then take advantage of it:
Extract from Darkness, and Dread Summons mills everyone and helps your boardstate.
Bonehoard or Necrotic Ooze takes advantage of everyone filling their graveyards.
Threshold is a mechanic to consider too, most are kinda meh, but they can work pretty well in mill decks:
Stitch Together can get stuff back.
Decaying Soil might not be worth the set-up tbh, but idk maybe.
Battlefield Scrounger Makes for a pretty big beater
Also to a lesser extent, the Monster Squirrel: Krosan Beast.
No data for this card yet.