Eternity Vessel enters the battlefield with X charge counters on it, where X is your life total.
Landfall Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may have your life total become the number of charge counters on Eternity Vessel.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Eternity Vessel Discussion
1 week ago
- I dont think there are any bounce lands legal in modern but you want affects like this in you deck Murasa Rootgrazer. Im aware you dont want green and want it mono white so i would recommend cycles of these cards Wildfield Borderpost there's one for every 2 color combo, and could help if you want to splash a color or want something for your sideboard.
- Another tech you could consider is Dryad Arbor its a land and a creature so you could make a loop that bounces it back to you hand and play it. It would also go off of Emeria, The Sky Ruin pretty well. They are like 3$ a copy so not very cheap.
- you might not need Leyline of Sanctity unless your playing against a burn like deck or maybe some discard deck.
- There is an issue with Knight of the White Orchid and running 25 lands. Odds are by turn 3 youll probably have 3 lands in hand but its no guarantee that your opponent will. So it will most likely just be a 2/2 with first strike which isnt bad, but isnt great.
- I dont think you need Steppe Lynx Its an 0/1 on everyone elses turn, and you dont need to be the agressor you have the late game with you other creatures. If you need to stall i recommend wall of omens.
- Eternity Vessel is a cool card but its draining your budget and lets assume you have 6 mana what would you rather cast Eternity Vessel or Admonition Angel?
- Fabled Passage is expensive budget wise, so it might be worth considering to see if we can get a better synergy out that money. Being we cant get it consistently. The deck doesnt have enough card draw, tutoring, or filtering to get it. You might get more out of cards like Wildfield Borderpost
- This might seem like a meme but its pretty solid Mana Tithe. No one sees it coming, and can be back breaking.
- White has good hate cards like Stony Silence and Rest in Peace however what graveyard and artifacts are killing us? also RIP is a anti-synergy with Emeria, The Sky Ruin. These cards can strain your budget and arent always as helpful as you think.
- Anyways cool deck idea havent seen mono white landfall and hope this helps. Ping me anytime you need help with a deck
1 month ago
Modern is a fast format--not so fast as Legacy or Vintage, but fast nonetheless. Your curve is way too high for Modern--your average CMC is a 3.39, and a large percentage of your cards are at the 4-7 mana mark. In a fast format, you are going to be lucky to play such high-costed cards without Green or other Ramp, and, once you play them, they're likely going to be taken out of the picture with the relatively efficient removal the format has to offer.
Your removal is also in the three-mana range. You really are going to want to do better on that front--Path to Exile and Fatal Push are solid Orzhov removal options. Inquisition of Kozilek is a solid "removal" spell (insofar as it stops a threat before it hits the battlefield), and is cheaper than its cousin Thoughtseize.
Otherwise, if you want to be competitive in Modern, focus on lowering your curve substantially. If a card costs 4 or more mana, it should have an immediate impact on the game the turn it can be played. Currently not a single one of your 4-7 mana cards meet that criteria--most of them just provide a body the turn they are dropped (Eternity Vessel being the only exception--it provides no body and is thus completely useless the turn it comes down), and you have to wait until your next turn to gain their landfall benefit (if you even have a land in-hand by that point in the game--you do not have much card draw in your deck). You could probably cut 100% of your 4-7 mana cards, replace them with things that come down and swing faster, and you would see a significant improvement in how your deck plays.
I also disagree with Wendithewendigo's advice--Orzhov Basilica is a terrible card that has no place in any deck. Yes, it allows you to get a land back so it can be played next turn... but it comes at the cost of putting you full turn behind the curve. After all, not only are you down the land you bounced; you are down the land drop for the turn because it enters tapped (or you are down the land drop because it bounced itself, which puts you behind in all future turns).
6 months ago
6 months ago
Hey! I think that this deck should use Miren, the Moaning Well . It's a way of regaining life with a creature that will die because of some effect. It makes you gain a lot of life and increases the effect of Willowdusk's ability.
About the untap effects outside of blue, you can use Thousand-Year Elixir or Magewright's Stone . About combos... well, if you use sacrifice effects (e.g. Ashnod's Altar ), you could try the Mikaeus, the Unhallowed + Triskelion -like combos (actually, these two work alone, but some combos needs a sac outlet). Depending of other cards, loops with Mikaeus, sacrifice outlets and creatures with Persist could also work.
An artifact like Eternity Vessel can reset your life (if I remember well, having your life total become some value counts as lifegain).
Maybe creatures like Ikra Shidiqi, the Usurper or Reyhan, Last of the Abzan works well inside this deck. As instants or sorceries... the only one that came to my mind now is Weather the Storm , which can be very interesting in some situations.
Why use cards like Jaddi Offshoot (gains you only one life), Dash Hopes (I think that's an unreliable counterspell and the 5 life is a low cost in EDH), Blunt the Assault (I think that this card is pretty bad, maybe a card like Gray Merchant of Asphodel gains you much more life while drains your opponents) or Lifegift (it won't make you gain a lot of life on the same turn)?
6 months ago
when it comes to the flash/untap package i personally dont want to include them, playing during an opponents turn is usually something that annoys people quite a bit so i'm quite hesitant to include them :)
6 months ago
Hi Mortiganil, nice decklist!
I'm also in process of designing a possible future Beledros EDH, so watching other people ideas like yours is always helpful.
I had some ideas you naybe find interwsting: Eternity Vessel to abuse of Beledros land untap, Wilderness Reclamation and Seedborn Muse just to gain that effect if Beledros isnt avaiable due to control, Vedalken Orrery to keep playing more cards in opponent turns or in response of things. Exsanguinate as both a way to recover life and as a bomb?
Hope you find some of those interesting, greetings!
6 months ago
I was thinking land maters which would make 7 cmc easily to accomplish
Eternity Vessel being the biggest inspiration
as for the original question
602.1 Activated abilities have a cost and an effect. They are written as “[Cost]: [Effect.] [Activation instructions (if any).]”
602.1a The activation cost is everything before the colon (:). An ability’s activation cost must be paid by the player who is activating it.
"Pay 10 Life: "
yes this is an activated ability and it will trigger both Rings of Brighthearth & Illusionist's Bracers
603.1 Triggered abilities have a trigger condition and an effect. They are written as “[When/Whenever/At] [trigger condition or event], [effect].”
Rings of Brighthearth & Illusionist's Bracers are both trigger abilities that require an activated ability and there for will not trigger each other
How ever Sanctum of Eternity will work because when he enters the battle field it's treated as a new card that just entered the battlefield. there for your not limited to 1 activation per turn