Creature — Vampire
Whenever another creature you control dies, Vindictive Vampire deals 1 damage to each opponent and you gain 1 life.
|Want (2)||Brianne , deathdealer1225|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Vindictive Vampire Discussion
3 days ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help. This is a good budget version of Teysa and you have several nice cards.
Some lower CMC cards within the budget to consider adding:
- Doomed Traveler
- Open the Armory: tutor for Skullclamp.
- Tithe Taker
- Skirsdag High Priest: repeatable 5/5 Demons, morbid can trigger on any player's turn even when an opponent's creature dies.
- Dark Ritual
- Dreadhorde Invasion
Cards to consider cutting for these:
- Martial Coup
- Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder: his token making ability is better in mono black or Rakdos; it's not needed when playing white.
- Vindictive Vampire: the worst aristocrat here.
- Smothering Abomination: doesn't trigger when a creature dies only when a creature is saced, there's better repeatable draw options/sac outlets here.
- Black Market: Smothering Tithe is better ramp.
- Sifter of Skulls: Pitiless Plunderer and Pawn of Ulamog are better.
- Choose one, cut the other, from Butcher of Malakir or Martyr's Bond.
Good luck with your deck.
5 days ago
I would recommend an aristocratic build. You may choose to go spore counter route, which I'm not a huge fan of, but the following ones pull double duty (and I am a fan of):
On-theme Sac outlets that also make saprolings:
Deathspore Thallid: Great sac outlet and potential removal piece.
Savage Thallid: Another great sac outlet and protection piece.
Vitaspore Thallid: I think giving haste is the weakest effect of the bunch, this is just another budget on-theme sac outlet.
Budget sac payoffs,
Epicure of Blood and Marauding Blight-Priest: Help to increase the payoff of slimefoot and are so cheap they are essentially free (literally, ask anyone at your LGS for these, they have them and don't want them).
Falkenrath Noble: Who doesn't love life loss?
Poison-Tip Archer: Great blocker (reach and deathtouch? No one wants to lose there dragon to this) but this one starts to impact the budget.
Syr Konrad, the Grim: He just does soo much.
Vindictive Vampire: This guy should say life loss.... I mean, it's black and not red.
Zulaport Cutthroat: Classic but approaches a dollar.
Slime Foot god stuff,
Jade Mage: Back up slimefoot that does stuff at a discount.
Massacre Girl: Best board wipe in this build.
Verdant Force: It says EACH upkeep. Yes, each.
Gift of Doom: Cheap protection for slimefoot that has the added benefit of killing a saproling you already want dead.
Moldervine Reclamation: Card draw and life for just playing? Of course.
Snake Umbra: Protection and three cards every time you sac a saproling.
Sprout Swarm: Convoke makes this broken.
Some less budget friendly cards (all under $10, but above $1):
Ohran Frostfang: Turns each saproling into a card draw or a removal spell.
Pitiless Plunderer: Solid ramp.
Priest of Forgotten Gods: Under appreciated. This card does everything a black mage should be doing.
Tendershoot Dryad: Can win you the game on its own.
Black Market: Slime foot loves stupid amounts of mana.
Keen Sense: Insane card draw for 1 green mana.
Casualties of War: Expensive to cast but worth it. Worth it every time.
Best of luck building.
1 week ago
Here are my suggestions:
Sacrifice Outlets: Your deck is low on free sacrifice outlets. Carrion Feeder gets big fast, Viscera Seer is card advantage/selection, and Altar of Dementia is a great budget card, and can even be played in higher power games. I will go into deeper analysis below for Priest of Forgotten Gods.
Card Draw/Advantage/Selection: Another thing your deck needs is MORE card advantage. Get ready for a LONG list. Viscera Seer was mentioned above, Midnight Reaper and Dark Prophecy will draw you a heap of cards, and so will Grim Haruspex. Woe Strider is another Viscera Seer with a body. Priest of Forgotten Gods is a sac outlet, card draw, life drain and ramp in ONE CARD!
Dead Triggers: Last section! Just extra things that trigger when others die. Pawn of Ulamog should be an auto-include in all aristocrats decks. Syr Konrad, the Grim and Vindictive Vampire are all draining cards, and Ayara, First of Locthwain is drain, draw and sac.
I'll let you decide what you want to take out.
+3 from me. (Well, I'm told I can't do three, so 1 will have to do.)
(That took a long time to write, I hope you enjoy it! These were all budget cards, otherwise )
2 weeks ago
Very interesting deck. I would replace Vindictive Vampire with Falkenrath Noble. Same mana cost except it's a flying vampire and it leeches life whenever any creature dies whether you control it or not.
1 month ago
2 months ago
I'm still editing the deck, but Queen_Lulu, the combos work like this.
Dark-Dweller Oracle, Conspicuous Snoop, Torch Courier (Have to put into the deck), Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, Sling-Gang Lieutenant/Mogg Fanatic. (If it's Doomsday you can put the top two cards on the bottom and activate Grenzo, Dungeon Warden and you would get a similar result.)
Find a way to draw a card, then play Dark-Dweller Oracle. Activate it once (for now), and play Conspicuous Snoop. Using the Conspicuous Snoop, play Torch Courier, and sacrifice it targeting Conspicuous Snoop. Now Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker is on the top of your library. Conspicuous Snoop has Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker's ability, and has haste thanks to the Torch Courier. Activate the Conspicuous Snoop/Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker to make a copy of itself. (It's a non-legendary permanent.) The copy will be untapped, and you can make infinite tokens. Finally, use Dark-Dweller Oracle one last time to get rid of Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker. With Sling-Gang Lieutenant/Mogg Fanatic on the top of the library, you can use any Conspicuous Snoop to gun down your opponents.
Combo 3) Play the Snoop and Boggart Harbinger. The Harbinger will put Kiki on top, combo off, then use the last untapped Snoop to copy the Harbinger and put the Lieutenant/Fanatic on the top to win.
A good thing about the last combo it that there is a failsafe in case you somehow get Kiki onto the battlefield. If you have Tel-Jilad Stylus, plus the Snoop and the Harbinger, use Kiki to copy the Harbinger, but with that ability on the stack, use the Stylus to put Kiki on the bottom of your library, and then the Harbinger will tutor Kiki to the top.
2 months ago
Hey, nice budget version of Teysa with Deathmantle and Altar.
Cards to consider adding:
- Scheming Symmetry: great causal tutor, you get something and an opponent of your choice does too.
- Open the Armory: tutor for Skullclamp or Nim Deathmantle, two important cards to have more access too.
- Phyrexian Reclamation: Mystery Booster Set version, repeatable creature recursion.
- Viscera Seer: Core Set 2011 version, one drop sac outlet and scying is helpful.
- Doomed Traveler: one drop who creates a flying token.
- Mirror Entity: Mystery Booster Set version, pump Teysa and tokens. With a lot of tokens and mana this can be a win condition especially with flying tokens.
- Skirsdag High Priest: creates 5/5 Demon tokens and morbid can be triggered on any players turn if any creature died that turn. It's good in multiplayer and with tokens with vigilance.
- Fetid Heath: Double Masters version.
- Silent Clearing
- Shambling Vent
Any game when you have Skullclamp on the battlefield is going to be a better game than if you don't. Adding a few budget tutors that can get Clamp or one of your combo artifacts can be helpful.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 1x Plains
- 1x Swamp
- Temple of the False God: it can't make mana until turn five or after.
- Forsaken Sanctuary
- Orzhov Guildgate
- Final Payment
- Burnished Hart: too slow for ramp and doesn't trigger Teysa when it sacs itself.
- Butcher of Malakir: you have Pact and Dictate, don't also need this seven drop.
- Doomed Dissenter: Traveler is an upgrade because he creates a 1/1 flying token when he dies.
- Vindictive Vampire: the other aristocrats are better.
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
So the biggest thing I see if lack of things to sacrifice... Namely: tokens, because you don't want to be tossing your real creatures into Ye old Graveyard. So let's try to find some token making things for you....
- There isn't much for Anax, Hardened in the Forge to be pumped up by in red devotion, so let's trade him out for one of the classic Goblin makers.. Let's pick Krenko, Mob Boss and Thornbite Staff... this should allow for an infinite amount of goblins..... I'll explain below.
- Remove Diregraf Captain, Fallen Shinobi, and Bloodsoaked Champion- they don't seem to added much.
- Add in Syr Konrad, the Grim, Zulaport Cutthroat, and Vindictive Vampire to have more stuff happen when things die.
- Trade out Dreadhorde Invasion for Bastion of Remembrance for one last death trigger addition before we go back to tokens...
- I'd say.. remove Ogre Slumlord, Scampering Scorcher, and Infernal Offering.
- Let's add Rite of Replication to make copies of anything useful on the board, and.. oh hell, let's add Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin... is that 100 cards again.. I think so
This should create more tokens for sacrificing and also add some more benefits when things do die, and they will die. I would also recommend Altar of Dementia as an additional sac outlet... Izzet Signet can be dropped for this addition.
For infinite Goblins.. Get ANY sacrifice outlet on the board, I don't care which one, just do it, and get Krenko, Mob Boss out also and ready to be tapped. Equip Thornbite Staff to Krenko... Tap him to make some goblins (maybe just one or two, that's okay). Now you can sacrifice that Goblin Token, which dies and triggers the second ability of Thornbite Staff (Whenever a creatures dies, Untap equipped creature).. now you can Tap Krenko again making more goblins... and hey.. sacrifice a token again to create more goblins... triggering the Staff AGAIN! As long as there is some other death triggers on the board, you should be able to drain the table and/or pump Thraximundar to an unreasonable size and kill someone.
Thank you for coming to my TedTalk.