|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Vampire Warrior Ally
Whenever you gain life, each opponent loses 1 life.
Cliffhaven Vampire Discussion
6 days ago
You might like these: Cliffhaven Vampire , Epicure of Blood , Ajani's Pridemate , Sunbond , Cradle of Vitality , Crested Sunmare , Regna, the Redeemer , Greed , Vilis, Broker of Blood , Purgatory , Phyrexian Reclamation , Necrologia , Dawn of Hope , Phyrexian Processor
3 weeks ago
Hey I'm trying to make an extort/drainy deck too. I had a few inclusions in my deck that might help you out. Cliffhaven Vampire and Sanguine Bond both combo with Exquisite Blood to win you the game. Also Read the Bones and Night's Whisper are both really really good draw spells (especially bones).
Check out my deckles if you want to give some suggestions too :) Extortion EDH
1 month ago
Sideboard: Oblivion Ring , Tainted Remedy , Journey to Nowhere , Blessed Alliance , Geth's Verdict , Ratchet Bomb , Pithing Needle , Elixir of Immortality , Sanctimony , Witchbane Orb , Teyo, the Shieldmage , Revoke Existence , Solemnity , Disenchant
1 month ago
Here are some tips:
1) Try to keep deck size down to 60
2) Similar to #1, increase the number of four-ofs to increase consistency between games. (Generally, singles are for decks with tutors/heavy card draw. Your deck has neither so it relies the most on your starting hand). I'd consider cards like Cruel Celebrant , Blood Artist , Cordial Vampire
3) Cards like Call to the Feast shouldn't be 4-ofs because of the mana cost. 4-ofs should be cards that are great both early game and late game, and are part of your core strategy. Remember that high CMC cost cards don't need as many copies. For example, a 5 mana card can only be cast as early as turn 5 (fair decks). Therefore by then you'd have gone through 7+5 (Starting hand+5 draws) cards in your deck to have found it.
6) Increase the number of Champion of Dusk . This is because card draw in black/white is very rare and as a 5-mana cost creature, very good to your mana curve. By the time you amass 5 mana you can cast it, hopefully with quite a few vampires on the field. I'd use 3 of them.
6) Drop Ashes of the Abhorrent , it's not good enough. Enchantments/Artifacts here should buff up your creatures or generate creature tokens. (Creature-focused deck)
7) Remove Cliffhaven Vampire . This is because it's a "win-more" card. Here, it requires you to have a certain board state (aka ability to gain life) for it to be useful. As a general rule, higher mana cost investments should be able to turn around a bad situation (board wipe/etc) or require no boardstate when you cast it (aka "good on its own")
8) Remove Kambal, Consul of Allocation . This is because you don't want your strategy to be dependent on your opponent's (unless this is in your sideboard). What if the opponent is playing a creature deck? It'd be pretty useless.
9) Sanguine Bond 's effect is a little redundant here, we already have enough of this effect on the board
10) I'd consider removing Orzhov Basilica because most of the time you're going to need mana on turn two. I'd hate for your lands to be tapped when they come into play.
2 months ago
First bring your land count down to 35, 37 at the most.
I suggest removing Reveal in riches. Without the ability to play it at flash speed the odds of playing it on your turn and having it still on the board by the time your turn comes around again is slim to none. Cathars' Crusade , has nearly no value in a aristocrats build. Teysa, Orzhov Scion , she is best used as a commander for an infinite combo build. Suture Priest , unless you are going for some lifegain win con this seems pretty useless. Cliffhaven Vampire , it has nothing that synergizes with your commander. Mortify , don't need it so long as you have Archon of Justice , Anguished Unmaking and Utter End in your deck. You could add Generous Gift if you wanted to. Unmake , creature target only, leaves it limited in it's use.
2 months ago
Silence is one of the best combo protection spells you can run.
The Exquisite Blood / Cliffhaven Vampire combo seems out of place here. you're better off focusing on overlapping combos rather than having a combo which doesn't really interact with any other pieces. Torgaar, Famine Incarnate is expensive and slow, plus isn't actually a win condition. Avalanche Riders , Stuffy Doll and Silent Arbiter could be replaced for more combo density. Unless you're in a beats heavy meta, Maze of Ith also seems out of place.
Goblin Bombardment is another solid outlet, I'm also surprised there's no Viscera Seer . Painful Truths is generally better than Phyrexian Arena . Wheel of Fortune is another good draw card you're not running.
3 months ago
You might want some cards such as Cordial Vampire , Kalastria Highborn , Sanctum Seeker , Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle , Pawn of Ulamog (replacement for Sifter of Skulls , Legion Lieutenant , Stromkirk Captain , Drana's Emissary , Malakir Bloodwitch , Necropolis Regent , Cliffhaven Vampire (combine with lifelink for infinite damage + life), Rakish Heir , Indulgent Aristocrat , Bloodlord of Vaasgoth , and Defiant Bloodlord .
BTW What is the FNM EDH meta like at Cerberus? I'm about to complete my Angelhorde Invasion deck so anything that would help in the meta or a rough idea of some of the meta decks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
3 months ago
1x Serra Avatar
1x Utter End
Cliffhaven Vampire occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%