Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +1/+0 and has flying.
: Return this from your graveyard to the battlefield attached to target creature. Activate this ability only at any time you could cast a sorcery.
6 months ago
wallisface Thank you for your feedback on this deck! I'm new to modern and still learning a lot.
- The reason I titled this deck as "remix" is because it isn't a normal bogles deck. I have ordered a playset of Gladecover Scout and agree they do have a place in the deck, but want to test them out first to see how they would best fit.
- Witchstalker and Loxodon Smiter are in the deck because my local meta has a lot of blue/black decks with lots of counter and discard. Witchstalker still is a bit too slow so it is a good contender to be replaced by Gladecover Scout
- Fleecemane Lion is also slow to get hexproof and indestructible, but it is good against other aggro decks or decks that ramp and put out big creatures quickly. Its more of a flexibility option if my opponent isn't running heavy removal.
- Gods Willing is another flexibility option for me personally because it can protect Fleecemane Lion and Loxodon Smiter, but it also is good for winning the game by making sure the opponent cant block. For example, even with trample if they have a 5/5 on the board that's 5 less damage im doing because they blocked. It also helps me win a trade if its necessary. If I'm blocking a creature that would kill my hexproof creature it instead does no damage to my creature.
- I am looking at other enchantments to include in the deck. I think Gryff's Boon would be a good addition because it gives flying. I also like Sentinel's Eyes as an option.
- As for the 3-drops: as stated previously Witchstalker can be traded out. Unflinching Courage is worth it in my opinion because it gives so much. The lifelink and +2/+2 are just all around good effects for the deck. Loxodon Smiter as stated previously is something specific for my local meta, which has a ton of counter cards.
- Ajani is in the deck mostly because this deck was made of cards I had on hand after playing standard for a few years in 2013. The flying and double strike ability is nice and has been a game winner several times in these past couple weeks I've been playing. Definitely open to taking him out!
Thank you again for your feedback and taking the time to offer advice
1 year ago
This was an incomplete Catti-Brie deck, and I'm in the process of transitioning to the glorious Archer-Commander we've been blessed with (as I'm sure many others are as well, judging by some weird suggestions cropping up on EDH-Rec). I'm especially relieved about the in-built card draw.
If Spirit en-Kor works like I imagine, then it could be a really fun and unexpected fit! Let's say some spell tries to shoot it 6 damage, you could redistribute all 6 as separate ping triggers on enrage creatures? That'd be huge. And hilarious :D
I haven't had many ideas yet that I haven't seen elsewhere already, but I was a little surprised that while good ol' Shadowspear did appear often enough, the more budget (and more importantly, single redundancy for this important effect!) Bonds of Mortality is nowhere to be seen. It replaces itself, and makes sure you can deathtouch ping even creatures that would be resistant. ...though of course, with you having basically founded a whole new archetype for this commander, you don't even have deathtouch effects in your list. Makes sense, it would just risk killing the poor dinosaurs X)
What might be worth consideration, maybe: Gryff's Boon. Only one mana to apply it, but you can infinitely reuse it! Even if it's 4 mana. I love it when I draw a card and can think to myself "nice, that little cog is in place, no matter what happens". Except for graveyard hate, of course.
1 year ago
Hey nice deck! The way i see it you can focus more one one direction of this deck and use the other for support: either auras or equipment. Aura Focus: Add: Archon of Sun's Grace Ashiok's Erasure Boon Satyr Copy Enchantment Curiosity Darksteel Mutation Dissipation Field Hydra's Growth Gift of Paradise Hypnotic Siren Ichthyomorphosis Idyllic Tutor Kenrith's Transformation Plea for Guidance Psychic Impetus Unflinching Courage
Remove: Masterwork of Ingenuity Puresteel Paladin Explorer's Scope Indomitable Archangel Catti-brie of Mithral Hall Resolute Archangel Valiant Endeavor Serum Visions Brainstorm Angelic Gift Unsettled Mariner Cold-Eyed Selkie Military Intelligence
Equipment Focus: Add: Balan, Wandering Knight Behemoth Sledge Belt of Giant Strength Golem-Skin Gauntlets Kemba, Kha Regent Mask of Memory Mirrormade Paradise Mantle Prying Blade Quest for the Holy Relic Whispersilk Cloak
Remove: Resolute Archangel Ajani's Chosen Valiant Endeavor Gryff's Boon Angelic Gift Unsettled Mariner Military Intelligence Cold-Eyed Selkie Serum Visions Brainstorm Explorer's Scope Indomitable Archangel
And if you dont want to focus on one this would be a more Varied apporach incorporating a little from both Both Focus: Add: Fleecemane Lion Geist of Saint Traft Kiora's Follower Mirrormade Spirit Mantle Staggering Insight Utopia Sprawl Curiosity Beast Within Archon of Sun's Grace Curiosity Darksteel Mutation Dissipation Field Idyllic Tutor Unflinching Courage Behemoth Sledge Kemba, Kha Regent Mirrormade Quest for the Holy Relic Whispersilk Cloak Kenrith's Transformation
Remove: Resolute Archangel Ajani's Chosen Valiant Endeavor Gryff's Boon Angelic Gift Unsettled Mariner Military Intelligence Cold-Eyed Selkie Serum Visions Brainstorm Explorer's Scope Indomitable Archangel Abundant Growth Goldvein Pick Cream of the Crop Three Dreams
1 year ago
Cool concept! It's clear you're telling a story with your deck and I think you've done really well in representing it through your card choices. I'm not to familiar with the Power Rangers myself, so I'll give some advice but I'll also expect you to only listen to what makes sense to you! ;)
Your plan seems to be to get Siona on the table and start playing big auras to suit up several creatures and make them scary threats - fitting the theme you're going for. That's gonna be pretty hard and costly in many games since you will need to spend a lot of mana to play these auras and won't have much resources (mana, cards, protective spells) to keep your rangers alive, while those rangers dying to a kill spell will cost you several cards if you've played the auras on them. I'd look on a few options to give your rangers more chances to shine.
- Cheaper auras that you can play earlier. They will not have as much of an impact, but they will give you everything you need most of the time and will do so many turns earlier. (Angelic Gift, Alpha Authority, Daybreak Coronet, Gryff's Boon, Bonds of Faith etc.)
- Auras that don't lose you resources. By drawing a card on entering the battlefield, letting your creature draw cards or returning from the graveyard you can keep your momentum goingeven if a ranger bites it (this also makes it less attractive to kill them in the first place). (Rune of Might, Rancor, Conviction, Keen Sense etc.)
- Introducing more interaction, mainly in the form of protection. (Veil of Summer, Heroic Intervention, Rootborn Defenses etc.)
Perhaps losing the bigger spells would feel like the deck loses its identity - and then they should stay in. But if it feels like they arrive too late or get stuck in your hand, then maybe the card in your hand should be some other card that does more for you when you need it? Try things out and see what sticks, perhaps something I said has caught your eye! :D
2 years ago
Wyleth seems like a really strong choice for voltron. I think low-cost auras would be potent here. Dust Corona , Ethereal Armor , All That Glitters , Thunderous Might , Squee's Embrace , Blessing of the Nephilim , Furor of the Bitten , Taste for Mayhem , Tahngarth's Rage , Battle Mastery , Cartouche of Solidarity , Crackling Club , Flamespeaker's Will , Gryff's Boon , Hyena Umbra
2 years ago
For your main board, you could trim a couple lands for some Sythis, Harvest's Hand . I also see some decks running Gryff's Boon over Spirit Mantle . Idk about that one, though. Also, if you are looking for budget lands to help smooth out games, Branchloft Pathway Flip, Brushland , and the other copies of Razorverge Thicket can all be decently cheap. Sunpetal Grove and Canopy Vista could also be decent options especially with more basics in the deck.
2 years ago
Working on the card draw and acquisition:
End game requires consideration of going going long or wide:
Siona would be my push because she adds combo lethality. Sythis is just a great 99 imo.