Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Elemental Incarnation
Fear (This creature can't be blocked except by artifact creatures and/or black creatures.)
Whenever a creature deals damage to you, destroy it.
When Dread is put into a graveyard from anywhere, shuffle it into its owner's library.
9 months ago
I feel like Triskaidekaphobia is a super on-theme card for this deck! Some other spooky and fun cards I can think of:
Hope this helps!
Abaques on Could someone kindly explain to …
10 months ago
My Queen Marchesa deck is mix of akkido effects like Deflecting Palm, monarch tribal which gives you card advantage and a bunch of other effects and then cards like Dread to make people not want to attack me. I also have cards like Breena, the Demagogue that mess with combat choices.
The last time I played the Queen I kept the Monarch for like 6 turn cycles because of No Mercy. I ended up winning by casting a Thrilling Encore after the last other player standing (playing a Xenagos, God of Revels deck) had killed my Archon of Coronation and Protector of the Crown before going in for an alpha strike (I got a couple of his things he'd sacrificed to do that too). I survived and he lost on the crack-back. It was a great game.
griffstick on Teysa, Ghostly instigator
10 months ago
BTW Dromar39 suggestions are great ones. No Mercy is Supreme protection from attackers. The only time someone is gonna attack you is if they're creatures are indestructible, or if it's lethal or for the win. The same can be said for Dread, the problem with Dread is its 6 mana. So Dread doesn't protect you from getting picked off for combat damage early game like No Mercy does. However, Dread has Fear, and from experience, Dread hits for damage and keeps on hitting. So they are both good suggestions from Dromar39
DrukenReaps on Card that Punishes attacking/dealing combat …
10 months ago
Dread, Caltrops, and Lightmine Field. I rather like the second two as they'll deal with (mostly smaller) creatures before they cause you damage.
Dromar39 on Teysa, Ghostly instigator
10 months ago
seshiro_of_the_orochi on Cards that make opponent creature …
1 year ago
I guess Hellish Rebuke, Dread, No Mercy, Spear of Heliod and Retaliate should be in there.
And I just found Instigator. Seems to be your jam, even though it doesn't force them to attack YOU.
eliakimras on Breena - Silverquill Statement Upgrade
1 year ago
Hey, me again! I really like Breena, the Demagogue's premise. I want to build her in the future, since I'm cultivating a combat metagame. But I have some ideas that can make your deck funnier and stronger:
I imagine you're trying to keep the idea of giving gifts to your opponents for them to killing each other, while reaping benefits to you.
One way is to force combat. You might want to put Martial Impetus and Parasitic Impetus back to deflect attacks and get draws off Breena. (Too bad goad is a blue-red thing - come on Wizards, give us on other colors). Otherwise, they buff Breena to hit harder.
Another thing you should consider is protection for your creatures:
- Sejiri Shelter Flip and Malakir Rebirth Flip can be slotted as lands.
- Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, Whispersilk Cloak, Darksteel Plate and Hammer of Nazahn are great utility artifacts.
- Timely Ward has flash.
- Dawn Charm doubles as a fog.
- Valorous Stance doubles as a removal spell.
How about protection to you?
- No Mercy, Dread, Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker and Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts deter attackers.
- Koskun Falls is a second Ghostly Prison if you can pay its upkeep cost. Solitary Confinement is even more efficient, as long as you can keep up with its cost.
- No one will mess with you again once you cast Hellish Rebuke. Darien, King of Kjeldor also shows them why attacking you is not advisable.
- If you prefer the way of taxing opponents, Sphere of Safety synergize with your other pillowfort enchantments.
- You run a lot of permanents that might die. How about getting them back with Sun Titan or Emeria Shepherd?
- Mistveil Plains has good synergy with tutors.
- Liesa, Forgotten Archangel also acts as graveyard hate.
About card draw:
- Breena costs 3 mana and it is easy to recast, but you can't rely on your opponents wanting (or being able) to attack each other. Sign in Blood, Night's Whisper, Read the Bones, Treacherous Blessing, War Room and Castle Locthwain can be great options (it is good to lower your life total to trigger Breena). Erebos, God of the Dead can also act as a blocker and life-gain hater.
- Skullclamp is good if you can reliably generate X/1 tokens.
- Syphon Mind is a favorite of mine.
- Mangara, the Diplomat... The name says it all. #bffBreena
- Shadrix Silverquill is not only on-theme, but on-school aswell.
- Endless Atlas and Dread Presence require many basic lands.
- The cards above can replace Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving and Secret Rendezvous (if they want free cards, may they attack each other).
About your ramp:
- I see you run cards that ramp you if an opponent has more lands than you, a la Knight of the White Orchid. Your Lotus Field is great for setting that up. You might also consider putting Orzhov Basilica back for the same effect.
- Loyal Warhound, Verge Rangers, Weathered Wayfarer, Archaeomancer's Map and Isolated Watchtower also capitalize on opponents ramping. I recommend replacing Boreas Charger (if you can't kill it easily), Scholarship Sponsor (not advisable to give ramp AND card draw to your opponents) and Oreskos Explorer (it is better to get lands on the battlefield instead of on hand, unless it is an unrestricted tutor like Weathered Wayfarer).
- If you ramp using the cards above, you will have a lot of Plains on the battlefield. Emeria, The Sky Ruin is free recursion on a land - enjoy ;-)
- You might also consider Fellwar Stone and Dowsing Dagger Flip as ramp options. Breena has flying, so it is easy to transform the artifact.
Sorry for not commenting on your whole deck. Since I have not played her myself, I could only suggest more general things. I hope the suggestions have inspired you somehow. As always, have fun with the Demagogue!
wereotter on What are the best defensive …
1 year ago
Stormtide Leviathan and Blazing Archon simply say "you may not"
Archangel of Tithes and Windborn Muse both have similar effects that make easier to attack someone else, while Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker and Phyrexian Obliterator drive that point home even further.
But if you want the carrot rather than the stick, there's Edric, Spymaster of Trest and Karazikar, the Eye Tyrant to offer up cards for attacking your opponents instead. And related to Karazikar's goading ability Grenzo, Havoc Raiser can help you keep your opponent open if you're going wide, and Marisi, Breaker of the Coil is that same ability but even stronger as you only need to connect with one creatre.
Platinum Angel and Platinum Emperion make attacking you pointless unless you can also deal with them.
Sevinne, the Chronoclasm make an excellent blocker, and both Angus Mackenzie and Lady Evangela offer fog and fog-light effects on your commmander.
Eight-and-a-Half-Tails works similarly to Mother of Runes if you have the mana to pour into it, and Giver of Runes will protect something else in a way similar to mom.
Pairing together first strike with deathtouch is always a good method too, Glissa, the Traitor has this on her own, but it doesn't take much work for Kathril, Aspect Warper to do the same.