Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Human Scout
You may look at the top card of your library at any time.
As long as an opponent controls more lands than you, you may play lands from the top of your library. (You can play a land this way only if you have an available land play remaining.)
snackingzombie on MTG list of EDH Ramp Cards | last update: 30-05-22
7 months ago
DankMagicianD on Die, Snowflake!
11 months ago
Reidane, God of the Worthy Flip and Verge Rangers have proved to be inconsistent. Arcane Signet shall provide more ramp, while Hate Mirage will be one heck of a sucker punch.
eliakimras on Breena - Silverquill Statement Upgrade
1 year ago
Hey, me again! I really like Breena, the Demagogue's premise. I want to build her in the future, since I'm cultivating a combat metagame. But I have some ideas that can make your deck funnier and stronger:
I imagine you're trying to keep the idea of giving gifts to your opponents for them to killing each other, while reaping benefits to you.
One way is to force combat. You might want to put Martial Impetus and Parasitic Impetus back to deflect attacks and get draws off Breena. (Too bad goad is a blue-red thing - come on Wizards, give us on other colors). Otherwise, they buff Breena to hit harder.
Another thing you should consider is protection for your creatures:
- Sejiri Shelter Flip and Malakir Rebirth Flip can be slotted as lands.
- Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, Whispersilk Cloak, Darksteel Plate and Hammer of Nazahn are great utility artifacts.
- Timely Ward has flash.
- Dawn Charm doubles as a fog.
- Valorous Stance doubles as a removal spell.
How about protection to you?
- No Mercy, Dread, Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker and Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts deter attackers.
- Koskun Falls is a second Ghostly Prison if you can pay its upkeep cost. Solitary Confinement is even more efficient, as long as you can keep up with its cost.
- No one will mess with you again once you cast Hellish Rebuke. Darien, King of Kjeldor also shows them why attacking you is not advisable.
- If you prefer the way of taxing opponents, Sphere of Safety synergize with your other pillowfort enchantments.
- You run a lot of permanents that might die. How about getting them back with Sun Titan or Emeria Shepherd?
- Mistveil Plains has good synergy with tutors.
- Liesa, Forgotten Archangel also acts as graveyard hate.
About card draw:
- Breena costs 3 mana and it is easy to recast, but you can't rely on your opponents wanting (or being able) to attack each other. Sign in Blood, Night's Whisper, Read the Bones, Treacherous Blessing, War Room and Castle Locthwain can be great options (it is good to lower your life total to trigger Breena). Erebos, God of the Dead can also act as a blocker and life-gain hater.
- Skullclamp is good if you can reliably generate X/1 tokens.
- Syphon Mind is a favorite of mine.
- Mangara, the Diplomat... The name says it all. #bffBreena
- Shadrix Silverquill is not only on-theme, but on-school aswell.
- Endless Atlas and Dread Presence require many basic lands.
- The cards above can replace Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving and Secret Rendezvous (if they want free cards, may they attack each other).
About your ramp:
- I see you run cards that ramp you if an opponent has more lands than you, a la Knight of the White Orchid. Your Lotus Field is great for setting that up. You might also consider putting Orzhov Basilica back for the same effect.
- Loyal Warhound, Verge Rangers, Weathered Wayfarer, Archaeomancer's Map and Isolated Watchtower also capitalize on opponents ramping. I recommend replacing Boreas Charger (if you can't kill it easily), Scholarship Sponsor (not advisable to give ramp AND card draw to your opponents) and Oreskos Explorer (it is better to get lands on the battlefield instead of on hand, unless it is an unrestricted tutor like Weathered Wayfarer).
- If you ramp using the cards above, you will have a lot of Plains on the battlefield. Emeria, The Sky Ruin is free recursion on a land - enjoy ;-)
- You might also consider Fellwar Stone and Dowsing Dagger Flip as ramp options. Breena has flying, so it is easy to transform the artifact.
Sorry for not commenting on your whole deck. Since I have not played her myself, I could only suggest more general things. I hope the suggestions have inspired you somehow. As always, have fun with the Demagogue!
king-saproling on Law Abiding Citizen
1 year ago
Looks like a decent list so far. Personally I would make these swaps:
Tamiyo's Journal -> Palace Jailer
Anvil of Bogardan -> Alms Collector
Thaumatic Compass -> Verge Rangers
Howling Mine -> Tome of Legends
Auriok Champion -> Containment Priest
Soul's Attendant -> Esper Sentinel
Soul Warden -> Welcoming Vampire
Venser's Journal -> Bygone Bishop
1 year ago
I wonder, if your are ever have mana issues with that few lands (and a number of ut comes tapped).
I would suggest to swap the terramorphic expanse with Fabled Passage if you really want a fetch… but just a simple Plains would do it as you are just mono-white. What about using classic Sol Ring, Land Tax or Smothering Tithe to ramp up?
Gift of Immortality would provie some protection another way. And it’s an enchantment and would synergise with your enches. Esper Sentinel or Mangara, the Diplomat could be used for Card draw and Verge Rangers or Keeper of the Accord to keep up landwise (or creature wise in case of the latter).
Edit: Oh, Linvala, Keeper of Silence ir Ivory Mask would protect you from sacrificing and Drannith Magistrate from GY-shenanigans
Luciferian on March Inside
1 year ago
That sounds like a very interesting deck, do you have it here on tappedout, I would love to check it out.
I wouldn't say Solemn Simulacrum is great, but I would definitely run it over Tithe or Verge Rangers . I thought about switching it with Burnished Hart , but haven't gotten around to testing that yet.
For a Mardu deck, it does surprisingly well in both ramp and card draw (thanks Queen Marchesa (long may she reign)) aspects so Land tax effects don't trigger often after early game. I am sure Tithe is great when you need it, but I don't think its worth running 3 of ( Land Tax , Knight of the White Orchid )
To answer your question though, in combination with creature recursion I find Solemn Simulacrum more useful.
Vessiliana on March Inside
1 year ago
Thank you for taking the time to answer! In the end, my own "knights" deck is a changeling one run off Reaper King , with maybe two actual knights in it, so I can really feel you. Do you find Solemn Simulacrum to be more useful than something like Tithe or even Verge Rangers ?
Necrosis24 on Bup's Akroma/Sakashima
1 year ago
TheBubbaEA It really depends on your playgroup's meta when considering certain strategies. If your group has a lot of board wipes 3.45 will be too slow and hard to rebuild a board state if you are hard casting all your creatures. For me personally I like explosive turns so I find ways to generate a lot of tokens or cheat out a bunch of creatures near the end game (in my playgroup turn 10+). For example using effects like Omniscience , Rise of the Dark Realms .
If you do choose to go more aggro angels may not be the best option due to their avg high cmc. But if you do stick with angels a couple other cards worth considering would be:
- Herald of War
- Herald's Horn
- Oketra's Monument
- Warden of Evos Isle
- The Book of Exalted Deeds
- Thraben Watcher
- Righteous Valkyrie
- Valkyrie Harbinger (There are other cards with similar effect)
- Bishop of Wings
- Speaker of the Heavens
- Geist of Saint Traft
Some other cards I like, although may not be quite right for this deck:
- Basri Ket (For that -2) similar to Launch the Fleet
- Basri's Lieutenant
- Luminous Broodmoth
- Brought Back
- Storm Herd (Very high cmc but high reward when paired with Odric, Lunarch Marshal + Akroma, Vision of Ixidor )
- Well of Lost Dreams
Some white staples(some are quite expensive):
- Smothering Tithe
- Mangara, the Diplomat
- Esper Sentinel
- Land Tax
- Felidar Retreat
- Keeper of the Accord
- Archaeomancer's Map
- Verge Rangers
Sorry only white cards come to mind as I myself was building a mono white angels deck.
|Have (2)||Galdelonian , metalmagic|