Creature — Azra Warrior
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you may discard a card. If you do, choose a creature. Whenever that creature deals combat damage to a player this turn, you draw two cards.
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster: Store Edition (MYSTOR)||Uncommon|
|Mystery Booster: Convention Edition (MYSCON)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Azra Oddsmaker occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Azra Oddsmaker Discussion
6 days ago
Wishclaw Talisman > Scheming Symmetry you should never be helping someone in cedh with a tutor like Scheming. but wishclaw at least lest you pop off on your turn without someone tutoring a counterspell to stop you.
unless you add more discard synergy, i would cut Sire Of Insanity and Protean Hulk you don't have a consistent way to dump them in the gy to cheat their cost. i would even consider cutting Mikaeus too, as it is one of the more expensive ways to activate your persist combo.
and since you're going for the persist combo it looks like: Putrid Goblin is a decent plan B if murderous redcap is off the table. Grumgully, the Generous is probably the better replacement to mikaeus. and with that said, Goblin Recruiter becomes a great line to get your persist combo if Korvold is out. top to bottom: Dockside Extortionist, Vexing Shusher (if you need the protection), grumgully, Skirk Prospector, and putrid goblin or the redcap.
i highly recommend Pyroblast and Red Elemental Blast just for some interactions. it's a good way to shoot rhystic study at the least, but you can protect your fairly fragile persist combo as well. unless you're magically playing in a meta without any blue, which for cEDH standards is absurd.
also some other cheap ways to draw cards is also something i noticed this deck missing, all you really have is library, dark confidant, and Korvold himself. decent add-ons are: Oakhame Adversary, Mindblade Render, Azra Oddsmaker, or Runic Armasaur
if you end up cutting all the top end (cmc 5+) cards out, you can also add in ad nauseum for a very strong draw power.
1 week ago
If you want to take this deck to the next level, you should consider the following cards:
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Deafening Silence/Eidolon of Rhetoric/Rule of Law and Defense Grid: to slow down storm- and spellslinger-decks, to deny cardadvantage/ramp and to protect yourself against control and combodecks
- Lapse of Certainty/Mana Tithe/Burnout nobody expects white counters
- Your deck is lacking carddraw! Wheel of Fortune, Painful Truths, Necropotence, Heartwarming Redemption, Phyrexian Arena, Night's Whisper, Azra Oddsmaker & Dark Confidant (/Sign in Blood/Dawn of Hope)
- Toxic Deluge/Fire Covenant/Darksteel Mutation/Vandalblast/Grasp of Fate/Fiery Confluence(/Austere Command/Crush Contraband/Forsake the Worldly) - these are really good removals
- All the Moxes like Mox Opal, Mox Diamond etc.
- Lotus Petal, Rite of Flame to play your commanders on Turn 2
- Play some of the good 2 mana rocks like Orzhov Signet or Talisman of Conviction
- Land Tax & Wayfarer's Bauble (if you run enough basic lands, like now)
- Smothering Tithe - THE white staple and especially good with Wheel effects
- Imperial Recruiter, Recruiter of the Guard, Gamble or Diabolic Intent
- Play Stax to keep your opponents in check! Rest in Peace, Aura of Silence, Trinisphere, Cursed Totem, Hushbringer/Torpor Orb & Stranglehold
1 week ago
Version 2.1. Mystery booster draft best picks. -Moldervine Reclamation, +Kin-Tree Invocation // -Bedeck / Bedazzle, +Azra Oddsmaker // -Ethereal Absolution, +Zealous Persecution // -Castle Embereth, +Artisan of Kozilek // -Gate Colossus, +Renegade Map // -Clockwork Servant, +Sigil of Valor // -Diamond Knight,+ Bomat Bazaar Barge // -Griffin Protector, +Cast Out // -Shining Aerosaur, +Dictate of Heliod // -Battlefield Promotion, +Cartouche of Solidarity // -Terror, +Skeletal Scrying // -Raging Goblin, +Ghitu Lavarunner // -Ancient Hellkite, +Flametongue Kavu // -Overgrowth, +Grapple with the Past // -Unsummon, +Man-o'-War // -Chillbringer, +The Mirari Conjecture // -Thunder Drake, +Sigiled Starfish
3 weeks ago
Some other stuff I was thinking might be a good fit:
- Virtus the Veiled and Quietus Spike are both miniature Master of Cruelties.
- Break Through the Line and Key to the City to ensure your attacks get through. Key to the City also has the upside of pitching expensive stuff for you to reanimate with Alesha, and it gives card draw in a pinch.
- Azra Oddsmaker for card draw and fueling your graveyard.
- Karmic Guide for more reanimation fun, especially with something like Felidar Guardian.
- Charming Prince seems like straight value for you. He might end up getting cut, but all the ETB options on him are things you want.
1 month ago
Hey, nice start for a budget deck.
With a 4.0 avg CMC, which is high, consider more low CMC ramp and enablers for reanimation? These can give you plays that can better setup the game for the mid and late game.
Cards to within the budget consider adding:
- Rakdos Signet
- Dark Ritual
- Heartless Summoning: repeatable ramp for Demons and -1/-1 doesn't affect Demons enough to matter. It's worth it to cut all support creatures that have 1 toughness to play this card.
- Anger: card to discard to give all your creatures haste.
- Buried Alive: tutor for Anger, two other Demons and put them into your graveyard.
- Azra Oddsmaker: repeatable discard and good draw with flying creatures.
- Animate Dead: two drop reanimation that can reanimate a creature from any graveyard including your opponents.
- Thrill of Possibility
- Rakdos Charm
- Sanctum of Eternity: repeatable bounce of Rakdos to cast him again and get his ETB ability again.
- Dragonskull Summit
- Tainted Peak
- Jund Panorama
- Ash Barrens
I didn't suggest Sol Ring because I figured if you had it you would play it because it's one of the best low CMC cards in Commander for ramp. At $4 it might be out of the range of the budget?
Cards to consider cutting:
- Rakdos Guildgate
- Cinder Barrens
- Akoum Refuge
- Bloodfell Caves
- Dread Wanderer
- Demonlord of Ashmouth
- Golden Guardian
- Seizan, Perverter of Truth
- Woebringer Demon
- Cadaver Imp
- Loxodon Warhammer
- Nezumi Graverobber: this guy only flips if after exiling the last card of an opponents library.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Here are a few suggestions that might help: Bloodmad Vampire < Waste Not, Incorrigible Youths < Solemn Simulacrum, Twins of Maurer Estate < Azra Oddsmaker, Violent Eruption < Sweltering Suns, Fiery Temper < Rakdos Signet , Senseless Rage < Underworld Breach, Distemper of the Blood < Sol Ring, Call to the Netherworld < Animate Dead, Alchemist's Greeting < Blasphemous Act
Only other thoughts are ramp/fixing/wraths may be low.
2 months ago
: Thanks! I've been on the fence regarding Blade of Selves here -- it doesn't help with much beyond my commander, but it's great with him.
Is Azra Oddsmaker that good without any real evasion in the deck? I've never run him personally.
And I've wanted to use Cavalier of Flame here, but it's a little awkward -- lands are usually some of the first things that get exiled to Kroxa's escape, and Neheb does the voluntary looting much better.
I'm not a huge fan of Megrim style effects -- they quickly lose value as you strip opponents' hands.
Thanks for your thoughts!
2 months ago
I'd say you want to add Blade of Selves , Azra Oddsmaker , and Cavalier of Flame from the maybeboard in exchange for Sewer Nemesis , Final Parting , and Rotting Rats . Maybe find space for Megrim -like effects as well? Also, I like Codex Shredder over Wand of Vertebrae as it can mess with top-of-the-library tutors, get something back in a pinch, and turn a Vampiric Tutor into another Entomb. Sweet deck!