Whenever an opponent loses life, you gain that much life.
|Have (2)||, metalmagic|
|Want (5)||wkli6 , OukenMarzz , Dragero , bCubed , Tales1984|
Combos Browse all
- Defiant Bloodlord + Exquisite Blood
- Exquisite Blood + Vizkopa Guildmage
- Exquisite Blood + Sanguine Bond
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Exquisite Blood occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Exquisite Blood Discussion
2 days ago
I love Athreos and am excited to see a build around him. My thoughts would be that Land Tax is probably not going to net much value in a deck with 40 lands. And your creature count may be low to make good use from Athreos.
Question, if you have Vampiric Tutor in hand, what do you tutor for? I might suggest exploiting Exquisite Blood with Sanguine Bond and Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose. Torment of Hailfire would do work in a deck like this.
1 week ago
I'm gonna put down a wall of text, so apologies in advance. Personally, I love Athreos, I run him in a commander deck myself. He relies a lot on draining your opponents through the attrition of your own creatures, as more often then not he is very hard to get rid of. Some more removal will help, but look at things like Abyssal Gatekeeper, Fleshbag Marauder, Merciless Executioner, since even if you sac them to their own effect, there is a good chance of sending them back to your hand. Some wider discard effects such as Dark Deal can help, even though they're not attached to creatures being able to drop one in a large game with Waste Not out can net you a lot of benefits. Throwing in a few just good things like Rise of the Dark Realms, Dictate of Erebos, Grave Pact, all synergize with your deck, and can usually punish your opponents. Bone Miser is just another copy of Waste Not, The Haunt of Hightower seems to be on theme and I'd definitely bump up your mana rock number. In terms of a combo win, Sanguine Bond/Exquisite Blood just need a single loss of life somewhere, while Mindcrank/Bloodchief Ascension function well independently within your deck as well as combo off together. I have no idea what your budget is but I hope this helps.
1 week ago
Thank you genesiseffect! I was going for budget in mind, as I would have probably just added an Exquisite Blood or 2 by now, but I didn’t really want to go with that combo anyways. Good call on Karn and Rogue’s Passage. I think with a few more Vitos and maybe some tutors it will be a little more focused. I’ve been contemplating splashing white but not sure.
1 week ago
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
OK here are some cards to look at based on what you like:
Also, Sol Ring is not legal in anything but commander. Dark Ritual is only legal in vintage, legacy, commander (not modern or standard). If this is just to play casually, that won't matter. I just tend to build format legal decks just incase lol.
1 month ago
Things I like
- Archfiend of Despair - I like. high cost
- Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose - good include
- Mangara, the Diplomat - I saw, I liked, I forgot
- Evra, Halcyon Witness - will consider
- Exquisite Blood - good wincon but could also lock game since not "may"
- Witch of the Moors - like, a little high for a non-closer. I like the control aspect.
- Forsaken Wastes - I like, similar to Sanctum of Stone Fangs
- Axis of Mortality - will consider long-term
- Near-Death Experience - interesting "combo" with axis and evra
- Phyrexian Altar - not planning to run unless a few more things to abuse
- Sorin Markov - considered but don't have at the moment
- Bolas's Citadel - always fun
- Dark Ritual - good ramp, can't abuse atm
- Doom Whisperer - with Witch of the Moors it helps but otherwise, the return from bin in the deck is a bit weak
- Necropotence - I don't like to always include
- Gravecrawler && Mutavault are no's
- Pox && Death Cloud - possible as finisher but does impact each player. iirc, active player goes first, not last. So if I need to sac the pieces that trigger on loss of opponent life, it'll whiff
I've played a small set of games with the deck now. It had impact on the game. Majority of creatures cast in the deck didn't feel of consequence when standing alone. I'm investigating more ways to gain life but also add "target player gains life" to abuse Tainted Remedy against non-life gain decks that just ignore it when it hits the field. Spells like Swords to Plowshares.