Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters Promo (UMAP)||Mythic Rare|
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Mythic Rare|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Mythic Rare|
|Masters Edition III (ME3)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
: Gain .
: Return target legendary creature to its owner's hand.
3 weeks ago
About those of your suggestions. I have been testing Narset, Parter of Veils by cutting Coercive Portal and she has been amazing and is here to stay but I don't know what is right to cut. I have also been testing Treasure Cruise by cutting Tasigur, the Golden Fang because Karakas has been showing its head.
And now to your maybeboard.
- First is that I would switch Liliana of the Veil because in a controlling deck Liliana, the Last Hope is just amazing because she makes combat unbearable for opponents + she is card advantage and win condition.
- I haven't had good time with Chart a Course and I feel like that it is more tempo card and I would replace it with Gitaxian Probe
- Search for Azcanta Flip is just too good not to play. I would cut Ashiok, Dream Render because I tested her in 2 tournaments and I drew her 8 times and never wanted to play her even on to empty field.
- I would change Liliana's Triumph to Collective Brutality because there aren't many creatures that you need to kill with sacrifice (True name, Mirran Crusader are the biggest)
- For some reason I have had hard time finding enough cards in graveyard to support 3 big delve creatures + tarmo + azcanta so I would suggest trying to cut Tasigur, the Golden Fang to Scavenging Ooze
- This may be only personal preference but I don't like Pernicious Deed in sultai for some reason and I would suggest giving change to Courser of Kruphix or Spellseeker
- For your manabase I would suggest adding more colored lands like fast lands Blooming Marsh Botanical Sanctum Darkslick Shores and cutting Volrath's Stronghold , Temple of Mystery and then either one of these Bojuka Bog or Sunken Hollow and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth for Tectonic Edge . Personally I wouldn't even play Field of Ruin but it can fix and is good enough
- I wouldn't add Coiling Oracle any more because Modern Horizons is bringing us Ice-Fang Coatl that is just sadly supreme version of Oracle (crying because it is my pet card)
- Sakura-Tribe Elder , Shriekmaw and Recurring Nightmare are more rock like strategy and don't fit in + Nightmare is shit if you don't have enough creatures
- I would suggest to test Glen Elendra Archmage and Catacomb Sifter depending what your meta is like. Oh and Eldritch Evolution is extremely powerful card but I am not sure of it because you don't have as many creatures.
Otherwise your deck seems solid more controlling sultai that will win games.
I hope that I answered your question well enough. Also remember that these are just suggestions and not absolute do things and some cards may be better in different meta games.
1 month ago
Man if only Karakas wasn't banned :( Some lands are just OP
1 month ago
Thank you for the heads up on Karakas , I actually didn't know that ! I'm probably gonna put a Nimbus Maze in instead. As for Necropotence , that rules interaction is exactly why I have a Spellbook , an Anvil of Bogardan , Reliquary Tower and a Library .
Having no maximum hand size should solve the problem, if I'm thinking right ?
2 months ago
@SynergyBuild I think we're discussing semantics now.
I should have made a distinction between top tier power cards, and cards that are very good (and maybe even cheap vs expensive $ in that regard). After all we have Chalice of the Void , Gaddock Teeg and Ranger of Eos .
I'd argue the cards in question don't exceed the power level of Modern and I do think we will get good cards, just not the iconic powerhouse, format definig Legacy cards ( Wasteland Strip Mine Force of Will Karakas ).
I'd also argue that on this specific matter, WOTC do care... heck they employed people to actually playtest Modern, and I also think they want to keep a clear distinction between Legacy and Modern.
3 months ago
Cool idea: feels quite a bit like a nice variant of the Oops All Lands deck that I see not so infrequently. Here are some thoughts (that might not have hurt too much):
- Do you have a way to consistently deal with Blood Moon ? It's not looking like it, so I would recommend Engineered Explosives , Krosan Grip , or counterspells like Daze . Maybe one or two basics could be good to provide the extra colors you'd need.
- Life from the Loam is a possibility for you to get more land cards at record speed, plus you can dump more lands into your graveyard (for more fun!).
- Pendelhaven , if used judiciously, is an extra boost for your manlands. Plus, it's green.
- I commonly see Karakas in sideboards or main decks, because a lot of creatures running around that can cause problems are legendary. While off color, it's maybe not a bad idea for the bonus effect.
- I don't like Temple of the False God in here. I'd think Ancient Tomb might serve you better... or maybe run a copy of Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth .
4 months ago
I consider your deck as very thoughtful although I have different suggestions for it:
I would reduce the number of plains of 3. Add one extra Karakas because, well, this explains it: www.reddit.com/r/DeathAndTaxesMTG/comments/8xequ0/how_many_karakas_in_legacy_death_and_taxes_is_the/. I understand you are aware of the combo Karakas + Mangara of Corondor ... And then add 2 Cavern of Souls .
consider 3-4 Leonin Relic-Warder instead of Disenchant . For 3 reasons : theme reasons (Because you have already clerics/leonins in the deck ; you completely exile the artefact/enchantment, preventing the opponent to reuse them from the graveyard) ; and you may play it for free with the Aether Vial .
4 months ago
Death and Taxes. A sweet sweet deck that combines aggro and control. I've personally always been fascinated by the deck, though I never built it because of its supposed lack of power in Modern.
I feel like DnT is a bit underwhelming vs control, but Thalia, Guardian of Thraben is nuts against the Phoenix decks.
My question is simple : can DnT be an actual thing in Modern? If you think so, should we have to reconsider/rethink our approach of the deck based on the Modern Meta? I guess Humans is just better at what DnT does, even though the game plans are not entirely the same?
I'd love to hear you guys' opinions on the topic!
NB : I'm not a tournament grinder, and have been play mostly Burn for the past years. I guess a version of DnT would do it for FNM's, right?
Karakas occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 1.19%