: Gain .
: Return target legendary creature to its owner's hand.
|Have (2)||, Bluboltar|
|Want (2)||ratatattat , ActualBird|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters Promo (UMAP)||Mythic Rare|
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Mythic Rare|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Mythic Rare|
|Masters Edition III (ME3)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Karakas occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 1.19%
2 months ago
2 months ago
Why Karakas ? I don't see any legends to return with it.
4 months ago
bam69icp I would be glad to give some feedback on your Goblins list. I just played at SCG Syracuse but just had bad luck in two games and finished 1-3. Incase you’re curious, Earwig Squad is amazing against Lands.
I considered playing Rest in Peace in the sideboard instead of Surgical Extraction and having a Karakas in the main board for lands and reanimator matchups and helping just cast Containment Priest . However, needing the white mana isn’t usually an issue and RIP isn’t much better than Surgical in some match ups. For example, Delver is one of the most common match ups and I’d prefer Surgical over RIP. However, I haven’t been able to test it so it might be worth trying but not in a single game I played at the Open would RIP have been better.
6 months ago
7 months ago
About those of your suggestions. I have been testing Narset, Parter of Veils by cutting Coercive Portal and she has been amazing and is here to stay but I don't know what is right to cut. I have also been testing Treasure Cruise by cutting Tasigur, the Golden Fang because Karakas has been showing its head.
And now to your maybeboard.
- First is that I would switch Liliana of the Veil because in a controlling deck Liliana, the Last Hope is just amazing because she makes combat unbearable for opponents + she is card advantage and win condition.
- I haven't had good time with Chart a Course and I feel like that it is more tempo card and I would replace it with Gitaxian Probe
- Search for Azcanta Flip is just too good not to play. I would cut Ashiok, Dream Render because I tested her in 2 tournaments and I drew her 8 times and never wanted to play her even on to empty field.
- I would change Liliana's Triumph to Collective Brutality because there aren't many creatures that you need to kill with sacrifice (True name, Mirran Crusader are the biggest)
- For some reason I have had hard time finding enough cards in graveyard to support 3 big delve creatures + tarmo + azcanta so I would suggest trying to cut Tasigur, the Golden Fang to Scavenging Ooze
- This may be only personal preference but I don't like Pernicious Deed in sultai for some reason and I would suggest giving change to Courser of Kruphix or Spellseeker
- For your manabase I would suggest adding more colored lands like fast lands Blooming Marsh Botanical Sanctum Darkslick Shores and cutting Volrath's Stronghold , Temple of Mystery and then either one of these Bojuka Bog or Sunken Hollow and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth for Tectonic Edge . Personally I wouldn't even play Field of Ruin but it can fix and is good enough
- I wouldn't add Coiling Oracle any more because Modern Horizons is bringing us Ice-Fang Coatl that is just sadly supreme version of Oracle (crying because it is my pet card)
- Sakura-Tribe Elder , Shriekmaw and Recurring Nightmare are more rock like strategy and don't fit in + Nightmare is shit if you don't have enough creatures
- I would suggest to test Glen Elendra Archmage and Catacomb Sifter depending what your meta is like. Oh and Eldritch Evolution is extremely powerful card but I am not sure of it because you don't have as many creatures.
Otherwise your deck seems solid more controlling sultai that will win games.
I hope that I answered your question well enough. Also remember that these are just suggestions and not absolute do things and some cards may be better in different meta games.
8 months ago
Man if only Karakas wasn't banned :( Some lands are just OP
8 months ago
Thank you for the heads up on Karakas , I actually didn't know that ! I'm probably gonna put a Nimbus Maze in instead. As for Necropotence , that rules interaction is exactly why I have a Spellbook , an Anvil of Bogardan , Reliquary Tower and a Library .
Having no maximum hand size should solve the problem, if I'm thinking right ?