Tempt with Vengeance
Tempting offer Put X 1/1 red Elemental creature tokens with haste onto the battlefield. Each opponent may put X 1/1 red Elemental creature tokens with haste onto the battlefield. For each player who does, put X 1/1 red Elemental creature tokens with haste onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Tempt with Vengeance Discussion
1 day ago
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope is very expensive - she's good, but just be aware of the price tag.
- Lack of Herald's Horn and Vanquisher's Banner seems strange.
- Puresteel Paladin really isn't doing much in this deck - we only have 5 equipment and one of them is Lightning Greaves, which has an equip of 0 already.
- Maybe add more token cards? You clearly want to keep them, but just having a handful in a 99 card deck is very awkward, and they have very little synergy with the other cards. I recommend Tempt with Vengeance, Shrine of Loyal Legions , and Increasing Devotion for extra token producers. That, or just cut them and build an Adriana, Captain of the Guard deck.
- Inquisitor's Flail just really seems to good to not play, even without a heavy Equipment theme. I'd rather have it over something like Fellwar Stone to be honest, we already have a lot of mana producers and the Flail is very strong on Anya.
- Red boardwipes are good and all, but I think something like Hour of Revelation (the one I meant to recommend before) is a good idea just as a hedge against artifact, enchantment, and big creature decks.
- Tilonalli's Skinshifter is kinda awkward; we don't have many good things for it to copy, so it usually just becomes some big beater - in which case, I'd rather just run another Angel in its place - at least then we get ETB effects. Alternatively, add a few more good copy targets. (From the Gatherer Page: Because attackers have already been declared, any abilities Tilonallis Skinshifter copies that trigger when it or other creatures attack wont trigger.)
- I actually like Thalia's Lancers a lot more looking back on it - since Ixalan errata'd all planeswalkers to be legendary, the Lancers can grab a Gisela, Blade of Goldnight, Thalia, Heretic Cathar, or Nahiri, the Harbinger. I might add a few more legends to grab with it, though. Maybe add Bruna, the Fading Light and Gisela, the Broken Blade, since if you find one you can tutor up the other with the Lancers. (Bruna actually seems good in this deck, even without the Brisela opportunity.)
1 week ago
@Coward_Token Again, very thoughtful analysis! I always like seeing discussion around this archetype.
Good points about Mana Echoes: it's potentially explosive and can fuel a nasty Kessig Wolf Run or Tempt with Vengeance. However, I think (even with all of the tribal synergy you outlined) it might just be a tad too inconsistent. For four mana that probably doesn't do anything the turn it comes out, it's possible that just straight up Skyshroud Claim would be better in the long run.
As for Mystic Barrier - it's definitely not for everyone, but it opens up new lines of play; I've rarely been disappointed to cast it, but it has to be a deliberate decision to cast - not just because it's on curve or because you have an Academy Rector trigger. You'll always be choosing to be attacked by the adjacent player with the least resources, and a pillow fort can usually stave off most of that attack. The kicker is, of course, always having a "forced attack" effect to play with Barrier - the synergy there is huge if you can keep Barrier on the field for multiple turns. I don't think I've met many Gahiji players that run Mystic Barrier, and it might just be a pure pet card for me, but I really enjoy it.
As a minor aside, if you know you're planning to cast Barrier at some point in the game, try to identify which adjacent player will be less aggro - then deliberately avoid giving them tokens. You want to start off with that player attacking in your direction, and you also want to make sure there's always a juicy target for the other players to attack.
1 week ago
Hey gang, first thread here so please feel free to provide any constructive criticism! Haven't been active in a forum for quite some time..
Anyways, I'm contemplating sort of an odd strategy to utilize Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa as a general. I'm considering Vial Smasher the Fierce or Ludevic, Necro-Alchemist as his partner. Right now it seems like black brings more to the table for this particular strategy and I love b/w removal options but it's possible there are things I've overlooked in blue, and Ludevic insentivizes the kind of thing I'm going for and gives me access to Edric, Spymaster of Trest for total craziness!
The main strategy of this deck would be to give my opponents little 1/1 and 2/2 tokens to hit each other with providing evasion with Kondo, maybe turn up the heat with goad and goad-like effects while trying to deter combat damage directed to myself with cards like Ghostly Prison, Sphere of Safety, Crawlspace, Dictate of Erebos, Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs, Mystic Barrier. You get the picture!
Mob Rule, Insurrection, Army of the Damned and Massacre Wurm are possible win conditions and Overseer of the Damned, Blood Artist, Soul Warden, Vicious Shadows, and Revel in Riches benefit from a carnage of etb and death triggers. I can also benefit from the Commander 2017 curses so that's something to consider as well!
What I feel I need the most help with is cards that put tokens into the battlefield under an opponent(s) control. They're definitely a corner case and it's not entirely easy to do a search for them either seeing how the wording varies quite a bit for cards that do this!
Some I've found are:
- Akroan Horse
- Hunted Dragon (as well as others within the 'hunted' cycle)
- Alliance of Arms
- Sylvan Offering
- Tempt with Vengeance
- Infernal Genesis
- Reality Shift
- Goblin Spymaster
I'd also love to hear some interesting synergies if someone comes up with any! This will definitely be a casual deck so no suggestion is too outside of the box, please feel free!
P.S. ooooooh! I just discovered Mogg Infestation!!
3 weeks ago
Master WarcraftFight to the DeathFortunate FewTempt with GloryTempt with VengeanceTempt with ImmortalityVolcanic OfferingCurse of Stalked PreyTocatli Honor GuardHushwing GryffThalia, Heretic CatharBlazing ArchonMana-Charged DragonSwords to PlowsharesOblationCruel RealitySphere of Safety
4 weeks ago
I like the deck! I'm looking to build something similar myself!Do you not think including Tempt with Vengeance and Insurrection would be good includes? They both make the most of semi-board stalls, and can kill quite efficiently!
4 weeks ago
Sorry again for the long delay guys. I just finished school, and I have been in refocus life mode. I honestly have not had really any magic free-time either sadly in the last couple months. I hope to make more free time in the next few weeks, once things settle down.
Bawx1235: I have been rethinking Tempt with Vengeance for a little while now... it is a game changer if you have a notable sack outlet available. There really is no major downside in a deck like this, even if you just get 5-6 elementals.
Leefish: Welcome to the page! As stated, Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip is likely our only MAYBE. The problem with this card is that in this deck it misses almost always with it's ETB, however, it should flip really quick. That being said, it is a 3cmc slow Gaea's Cradle in most cases. I am not fully convinced on it though... could just be a budget option for most people. What does everyone think???
Zachd2465: Welcome!!! This is the favorite of my 10 commander decks too! There has only been a few goodies for this deck recently... right now I just want a dang Scapeshift reprint in Masters 25 so I can finish my foil deck! It better be a rare....
RiptideGaming: Then you piloted it wrong. Nough said.
feyn_do_alduin: That turn 1 Om_rath cast is priceless! I hope I get to live the dream! I will keep it in mind for sure!
Frank_Glascock: At this point, I am not even sure if it is going in... is that crazy? What has your experience been with the card so far?
1 month ago
So are you willing to play chaotic effects? I say because I suggest a particular wombo-combo I pulled off once in my own Gruul group hug deck that went about playing Warp World into The Great Aurora. All of which occurred after already landing myself with 60 tokens off of Tempt with Vengeance.
Needless to say, I beat face after that (though my commander was Xenagos so not in the same way as what you have here).
I really do feel like tokens decks can abuse those "board wipes" better than other decks because of how much bigger your physical board state can be compared to others early on.
1 month ago
Love Omnath as a commander. He was my second commander I built actually. I'd recommend Tempt with Vengeance in conjunction with Omnath and a sac outlet, you could just win the game. If an opponent is foolish enough to take the offer, you will probably win. Elemental Bond Not only is it on theme, but your 5/5's also say "Draw a card". Evolutionary Leap Another sac outlet Stalking Vengeance Deal 5 more damage when a 5/5 dies Beastmaster Ascension This will allow your already large 5/5's to really end the game Gruul War Chant More 5/5 smash.
Have fun lightning bolting peoples domes off. also, "Not Gruul? THEN DIE!"