|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Tempt with Vengeance
Tempting offer — Put X 1/1 red Elemental creature tokens with haste onto the battlefield. Each opponent may put X 1/1 red Elemental creature tokens with haste onto the battlefield. For each player who does, put X 1/1 red Elemental creature tokens with haste onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||Tiddilywinkus , Roadhog , ironax , Oskani , WunderlichDrums , PhotogenicParasympathetic , Razulghul , jstn.mrrtt , karnwithpants , marcus638 , Fineontheoutside , mziter501 , itheoryz , Xz0mb13x91 , mandoso , kykymonster , brokendwarf , bustinchops , Justinaut|
|Want (51)||Georgez96 , Lukeorisit , Katfal , epic-jargon , Snydog17 , Jelatinator , Bl00dless , Verusor , Indate , resturgence , vynnr , klokwurk , plumptons , marbenkun , superdude2431 , HehaGardenHoe , Tribor , king0fclubs , Loading_Error , SimonM9d , leakypen , NoNeedToBragoBoutIt , EcSamuel , ztheart , TheSuperDodo , oryandaw , MirrorMountain , Kleptozaniac , Fwaffle , JSLardizabal , Methuselah3 , P13 , linejumpr , svsnv77 , Internomer , Elementalism , Platinum13 , AyyAyyRon , dougalops , WhiteLance , Kurtimus , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , guntermench , toocoolrad , egh9cu , mcstew , Etello , Genres , correcthorsebatterystaple , Therrion , ImmortalCancer|
Tempt with Vengeance Discussion
6 days ago
There are a number of things I'd consider a bit underwhelming, either for the format or for how Brudiclad plays. For example, in my experience you don't want to rush your commander out in this case - he is best played on or a turn before you are going to swing city, so the Loyal Drake and Apprentice don't get you as much value in practice as in theory. Similarly Geode Golem, you want B-man in before combat not after.
If you are looking for Fireball or BSZ to be an alternative win condition - drop in a Rings of Brighthearth for your Basalt Monolith to be infinite BFFs with! There options for direct damage that are better when you don't have the mana combo online too, like Comet Storm or Jaya's Immolating Inferno, maybe Banefire depending on your playgroup. Another infinite combo is to use a Zealous Conscripts for Kiki-Jiki to play with.
Other stuff I'm not jazzed with would be:
- Mind Stone
- Mind's Eye (does nothing in multiples, is mana intensive, and blue should be able to do 'draw' better)
- Chief of the Foundry (what's another +1/+1 when you're turning a million of your guys into 6/12 tramplers or 6/6 flying dragons)
- Pia Nalaar's buffs are also pretty limited.
- OG Jhoira has very little to do with the strategy as far as I can see, other than you can cheat some of your fatties in - but then you need more clone spells to get tokens of them that you can copy, Quasiduplicate, Fated Infatuation and as previously said, Cackling Counterpart.
- Also you can't copy Ulamog effectively unless you are using Helm of the Host so something like Bane of Bala Ged which can gobble up those clone spells may even be better.
Tawnos is a borderline one, he's only good some of the time but I do like that he can double up Mimic Vat or Mirrorworks (could be a good add). Tamiyo's Journal and Kuldotha Forgemaster are excellent as a producer and user respectively of your overactive artifact factory.
OK, I've said loads, hope you think it's somewhat helpful. I'd love your and others counterpoints too. Here is my +1 and especially for including Shared Animosity - that is nifty!
3 weeks ago
Infiniteomniscience I haven't played Skeletal Vampire myself but I havn't seen it do much work on the other side of the board. The other cards you are adding are good though. You sac Thraximundar to Altar of Dementia and mill someone out after killing someone else by attacking. People WILL want to kill Thraximundar and you can sac it in response and mill the removaler out, you can also say "if you try to kill Thrax, you will die" and suddenly people are much less interested in killing him. Chandras ignition really reads "Sacrifice target Thraximundar: You win." When your opponents are dead you don't care about tokens. Also if you play with people who are tempted by tempt cards, play Tempt with Vengeance. Also infect cards like Tainted Strike may be worth running.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
I forgot to mention earlier that a political card can also be cards that give a backhanded gift (ie Nin, the Pain Artist). Also, not listing every curse in Magic's history.
2 months ago
2 months ago
Hello! I love to see how you are updating the list and our versions are kind becoming more different. I start to feel like i have my own deck instead of just a copy and it's quite great :D i'm also glad to have been able to help you improve your list!
Some coments about stuff you said that called my attention:
1) I've been consistently and surprisingly impressed by Lightning Bolt! Acts like a doom blade most of the time, instant speed is huge, and the fact that can hit walkers is the best. I've noticed there's not much efficient red removal that hits walkers! I wish they printed something like a Flame Slash that can hit walkers too, and the lack of it is what's keeping me out of Mizzium Mortars, it's sorcery and doesn't kill walkers. I'm gonna stick to bolt for now, and i can't honestly believe i'm defending that card in edh multiplayer xd
2) I also like Rolling Earthquake despite it not hitting walkers cause it's the most efficient X damage boardwipe that there is, and i love the fact that hits players. It's a fireball, can end the game on the spot, or can help take out problematic opponents. The alternative i was considering for an effect like that was Comet Storm, but for now i'm sticking with the earthquake until further testing.
3) I'm very curious to hear how Tilonalli's Summoner goes for you. To me that card has always looked like a win-more thing or a bad Tempt with Vengeance, but i'm willing to be proven wrong. Pia Nalaar looks good to me cause it's very consistent value (i always loved her activated abilities) and the fact that thopters seems to be grenzo's best friends.
I'm still a bit on defense about Legion Warboss. I like from the rabblemaster that he can pull out a shitton of damage on its own. I'm gonna be playing warboss in standard so i'm waiting to get some general experience with the card before i put it in.
Furthermore Experimental Frenzy looks really good and something i wanna test after i get some games with Stolen Strategy. I feel it's mostly an enabler for strategies that want to be super proactive at some point, and i'm not sure it fits ours as we wanna be very controlling and oportunistic at times. I'm also not sure we have as much ways to do things with the cards that get stuck in our hand. The fact however that you can just destroy it when it stops being good is what makes it worth the shot, so i'll be testing it at some point, probably after i get the chance to see it playing a bit in standard too.
5) I forgot to mention last time, but i was also considering taking off Insurrection for Molten Primordial. The cealing of the primordial is lower, as he steals less stuff, but i like that he offers more consistent value and gives you a big body you can keep, which make it better than insurrection against spell-based decks.
Now that i have more time i'll work on putting my version on tappedout with a bunch of anotations for these specific cards that are different from your take on the deck, and i will link your version so people can see the basic explanation of the concept, general card choices and your videos. We will have a nice place going on for people wanting to make a strong Grenzo list, which is exciting!
2 months ago
Elemental Mastery and Firecat Blitz both seem like great ways to get a ton of tokens, ready to transform! Tempt with Vengeance is also effective, though I suppose it could backfire once in a while. Wurmcoil Engine is an all-around great card that can also give you worthwhile tokens to turn things into.
2 months ago
Storm the Vault is often a 4 mana do nothing. I have a lot of artifacts in the deck, but I'm not a true artifact deck so it doesn't always flip reliably. It's powerful when it does, but getting it to do so often require some awkward plays.
Tempt with Vengeance just looks bad after adding Hordeling Outburst, Dragon Fodder, and Krenko's Command. No one in my playgroup ever takes the tempting offer and I don't normally want to make X more than a few because I usually have other plays to make in the same turn.
Swiftfoot Boots comes in as more protection and another haste enabler. A lot of creatures in my deck can have a big impact if they have haste. It also serves to protect my general.
Chaos Warp is experimental right now. I just like the ability to deal with any type of permanent. This slot could be a cantrip or draw spell, but for now I'm going to give Chaos Warp a shot.