Not of This World
Tribal Instant — Eldrazi
Counter target spell or ability that targets a permanent you control.
Not of This World costs 7 less to cast if it targets a spell or ability that targets a creature you control with power 7 or greater.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Not of This World Discussion
4 days ago
Thank you for your praise, I am really proud of my primer and its been my main project for so long. My next goal is to figure out how to make text colored so I could start making sections like "sacrifice" or "discard" which will make the lists more process-able.
wombatula I know of a few powerful legacy Golgari decks. The main premise of these decks is the use of turn 1 discard (Thoughtseize or Inquisition of Kozilek) disruption like Pithing Needle, Phyrexian Revoker, or Surgical Extraction and green for land ramp (Sylvan Scrying or Crop Rotation). It's important to have a good finisher in this kind of deck, which can easily be a set of Wurmcoil Engines for modern or 4 Vampire Hexmages and 4 Dark Depths with Not of This World support for legacy. Abrupt Decay or Maelstrom Pulse will be important additions based on whether you need hard removal or not, I would highly suggest the former if your meta is competitively fast and has dirty blue players.
Many legacy and modern STAX decks go for a full artifact plan (often called mono brown) which is very strong but a hard investment $ wise. This version is the cheaper path, focusing on ramping up for a win condition with Elvish Spirit Guides, Lotus Petals and land search along the lines of the ramp cards I mentioned above while removing, disabling, and forcing discards. If your win condition is a land Dark Depths being the best example, then cards like Thespian's Stage and Crop Rotation gain immense value as they can become or search up niche items like Wasteland, Bojuka Bog, or even a Sejiri Steppe to give the Marit Lage or a Wurmcoil Engine the evasion it needs to kill.
I hope this was helpful, for more 60 card stax advice I would look at the site MTGtop8 or look up "mono brown stax" for other examples. Finding specific Golgari ones can be difficult so I tried to give you as much advice as I could.
2 months ago
Not of This World. I assume someone's probably mentioned it beforehand, but either way I'd like to know why not?
2 months ago
2 months ago
I know it's been a while since you made this list, and the video for it, but I thought i'd share a few things as someone who's been playing colorless for almost 3 years.
It's important to note that Tribal -does- reduce Emrakul's cost even more. It's really the only reason I'm going to put Not of This World in this deck, it didn't make the cut for my Kozilek, The Great Distortion of the Boardstate deck because it's usually just not good enough unless you tack on the ramp it gives you. A huge advantage, I think, that colorless has is it's insane number of utility lands. Geier Reach Sanitarium helps you get junk into your graveyard. Tower of the Magistrate is hilarious with opponent's equipment. Etc, etc. Upvote all the same!
2 months ago
I think that you could benefit from Not of This World and/or a Ring of Immortals to protect Hope of Ghirapur. Warping Wail can stop a lot of board wipes. I suggest these simply because I don't think many people will see colorless counter-spells coming.
3 months ago
I guess that's true but Soulshift isn't that great and you will probably end up having to discard whatever you return at end of turn for hand size. Also what about Not of This World? That seems super random. It just seems like the deck could use a little more traditional ramp since it's green. Like Vernal Bloom and Zendikar Resurgent. For another take on spirits check out my Ghosts of the Perilous Void deck.
3 months ago
- Alhammarret's Archive
- Chalice of the Void (just too slow and clunky for EDH)
- Darksteel Pendant (too much for what it does, Sensei's top does it better
- Golem Foundry (yes you have a lot of artifacts, but 3/3s in EDH isn't much unless you have a 100 of them)
- Golem's Heart (I believe you mentioned you were new to EDH, so let me be the first to tell you that in a format with 40 life, lifegain of 1 isn't too impressive unless you are using it to gain around 10+ life a turn. Which I doubt that people are going to cast ten artifacts each turn)
- Howling Mine (I'm not sure how your deck does with card draw, but a symmetrical effect like this can really hurt you more than you think. And without a way to weaponize the hug effect, you're putting yourself at a disadvantage)
- Sigil of Distinction (very slow, and mana inefficient)
- Skeleton Key
- Teferi's Puzzle Box (this effect can probably hurt you a lot more than you think. I feel that Puzzle Box is best in a deck that can abuse the chaos factor the deck better)
- Myr Propagator (3 mana for a 1/1 is really bad, even if it makes more 1/1s. Just very harsh on mana)
- Urza's Factory
- Urza's Mine
- Urza's Power Plant
- Urza's Tower
Unfortunately, since you are restricted to only one of each of the Urza lands, I suggest not running them at all. The chance that you do happen to get all three is rare.
- Springjack Pasture (another "do nothing" type card)
Surely I'm not going to have enough cards to suggest as additions to match the amount I'm suggesting you remove, so hopefully from these suggestions you get an idea what you should do with the deck.
- Mana Crypt (I feel that you need some more ramp, and this card is amazing)
- Mana Vault (again, ramp)
- Hedron Archive (great ramp with some card draw added to it)
- Mishra's Workshop (gives a great early game boost especially with a game with a ton of artifacts)
- Not of This World (you mentioned you would like to counter things, this will help with that)
- Kozilek, the Great Distortion (maybe change Ulamog out for him, as he has a great P/T, good cast trigger, and has a counter attached right to him)
- Fireshrieker (If you do chose to use Kozilek, attaching this to him can sometimes lead to one shotting other players with commander damage)
- Oblivion Stone (Being colorless means that you have a limited choice of board whipes, but Oblivion Stone is top tier)
- Karn, Silver Golem (Fire up those mana rocks and start beating people up)
- Eldrazi Temple (Get your commander out even sooner)
- Inventors' Fair (the 1 life a turn is ok, but the real value here is the tutor)
3 months ago
Hello everyone! Here I'd like to share my pet deck, the deck my friends hate me for, and the deck I'd never part with...
SCORE: 6 | 15 COMMENTS | 1301 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
This is my take on Legacy Reanimator, more commonly known as Tin-Fins. I run a variety of creatures in here, Not of This World, Ghostly Prison, and no Force of Will, quite contrary to usual Tin-Fins lists. I Find my deck more consistent, cheaper, easier to play, and ultimately, more fun to play. I'd love some feedback! Thanks!