|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Fate Reforged (FRF)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Atarka, World Render
Legendary Creature — Dragon
Whenever a Dragon you control attacks, it gains double strike until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (31)||ironax , golgarigirl , rikertchu , Chandelier , Puzzlemayor , Ellyreia , zachi , DarkMagician , Friedrice24 , Malachy_ , Regulus1010 , Unjust_DiabIo , mziter501 , Venser_the_Sojoner , philktoken8998 , Grantley91 , thetechzombie , MattN7498 , GoldGhost012 , johnsongrantr , Caldazar , Jpegwun , RedMulligan , MonoRedBomb.Com , meowCat1234 , Wolfebladeelite , JAT0 , saj0219 , pskinn01 , TheAlmostHero , NobleSlay3r|
Atarka, World Render Discussion
6 days ago
Since your dragons have high CMC your other spells should be much cheaper. Than i would suggest more removal:Lightning Bolt, Lightning Strike, Abradeinstead of Banefire i would play Red Sun's Zenith, cause you get it back into your library.
Some Ramp with Desperate Ritual.
Than Glorybringer can be a big threat and is like a removal. 5 Mana with 4/4 Flying, Haste and with Extert you can shoot 4 damage to target non-dragon creature, like another removal.
Then Atarka's Command is more usefull than your big Enchantments.
Than i would only Splash green only for dragons and Atarka's Command and play more creature removal.
And your Deck will be Modern not Standard.
I would play like this:
1 week ago
1 week ago
1 week ago
I would go all in on the Tooth and Nail plan. It seems so much more powerful than just land ramping! I would say you should focus on the green bits and run cards like Utopia Sprawl and untappers like Arbor Elf and the likes to get out a turn 3 win with Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund, and Atarka, World Render!
Good luck my friend
1 week ago
Ok ok so, i have a commander deck with Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund as the commander. The deck itself has functioned pretty well up until recently, i have been getting completely rekt early game. Do keep in mind i have not been playing long and do not have a great understanding of cards or of a good build, in fact this is the first deck i have ever built. All i really need help with is early game because dinos have been destroying me as of late. The deck is built as follows:i have no clue what im doing dragons
1 week ago
Hey there! Cool Dragon deck you have here! I have some comments for you:
- First of all, your mana base looks a little low on lands. I would recommend going up to around 24 lands or so. Also, if you have the money, I would recommend investing in some dual-lands that enter the battlefield untapped sometimes, like Rootbound Crag, Cinder Glade, or Karplusan Forest. This isn't necessary by any means, though, so feel free to just add a couple basics and move on with your life :)
- As I mentioned earlier, I would recommend cutting most of your 1-ofs. I would recommend picking 1-3 really powerful dragons, and running 2-3 copies of each, rather than 1-2 copies of 9 different dragons. Here are the ones I would cut: Archwing Dragon, Destructor Dragon, Harbinger of the Hunt, Hunted Dragon, Lightning Shrieker, and Siege Dragon.
- I would instead run 2 Atarka, World Render, 3 Foe-Razer Regent, and 3 Savage Ventmaw.
- Thunderbreak Regent is an amazing card here. 4 mana for a 4/4 flying dragon with upside is fantastic.
- Elvish Mystic is probably better ramp than Voyaging Satyr, so I would replace the 4 Satyrs with 3 Mystics. If you really want the access to red mana, and you decide to go with Cinder Glades as your additional nonbasics, Arbor Elf is also an option (Cinder Glade is technically a Forest).
- Overgrowth is also probably better than Greenweaver Druid, because the Druid is so fragile. A 1/1 will die to any removal spell, while an enchantment will just sit around on your land making you mana.
- While this may not be easy to understand, Crucible of Fire doesn't really do much. If you have three or four dragons being pumped by it, you're probably winning already. This is what we call a "win-more" card, and you can read more about why they're not great for your deck here if you'd like.
- Dragon Tempest, on the other hand, is really good here. It should be your primary source of removal, so I'd replace the three Bathe in Dragonfires with Dragon Tempests, flavorful though they may be.
- Guild Feud and Ulvenwald Tracker also don't do a lot. Sure, the Tracker is good removal, but you have better removal. Guild Feud lets you get dragons out, but you can already get dragons out for 6 mana. I'd cut both of them.
If you make all of these changes, your deck might look a little something like this: Sarkhan's Dragons 2.0. I'll be sure to leave it up for at least a couple weeks if you'd like.
I'm a huge fan of green/red ramp-style decks, so it's always fun for me to see a new Dragon player out there :)
In any case, good luck!
2 weeks ago
Hey looking for some feed back on this deck, it's a budget deck and relatively fun to play but what are some good cards to add as I don't have a side board yet.
1 Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker (Planeswalker, Mythic Rare)1 Atarka, World Render (Rare)1 Archwing Dragon (Rare)1 Crucible of Fire (Rare)1 Dragon Tempest (Rare)1 Foe-Razer Regent (Rare)3 Frontier Siege (Rare)1 Guild Feud (Rare)1 Ulvenwald Tracker (Rare)2 Setessan Tactics (Rare)1 Hunted Dragon (Rare)1 Siege Dragon (Rare)1 Harbinger of the Hunt (Rare)
2 weeks ago
Yeah, I have my deck right here. Do note the description is partially under construction, so it might mention some cards that are no longer in the deck or lack descriptions for some of it's mechanics.
To say the least both cards I suggested to you have worked wonderfully in shutting down commanders such as Atarka, World Render and Uril, the Miststalker as well as other threats like Blightsteel Colossus from pulling off one-shot KO's. The Bridge and Presence give ample enough time to react when you need it most. While Divine Presence doesn't turn off combat it effectively wrecks commanders like Ruric Thar, the Unbowed, Heartless Hidetsugu, and Vial Smasher the Fierce where Ensnaring Bridge would fail to protect you from, and 3 damage at most is a lot better to take than instances of 8, 9, or 10 damage.